AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

View Poll Results: How interested would you be in watching game show fansubs?
Not at all! 9 10.47%
A little. 17 19.77%
A lot. 14 16.28%
I would love that! 46 53.49%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-28, 01:07   Link #1
Teh Roman Helmet
Anime-Blitz encoder

Send a message via AIM to Teh Roman Helmet
Japanese game shows, looking to start a group

I was watching Most Extreme Challenge and had a crazy idea last week. What if I started a group that subtitled Japanese game shows. I have watched a few and they can be pretty cool.

Now, to start this group, I would obviously need raws. I have no idea if raws of game shows even exist. So this would mean if anybody can supply them, I could make use of them.

Also, anybody with skills pertaining to fansubbing.

I like to think that I am an experienced encoder, so I would be doing encoding for the group.

Timers, translators, RAW PROVIDERS, editors, typesetters, and anything else that fansub groups need are required.

So, if you would like to to try something new that as far as I can tell hasn't been before, let me know if you would like to help.

Also, I need to know if anybody would even watchfansubs of gameshows.

I hope I can get something started and look forward to working with anybody willing.

Oh yeah, I need a name too, I will be working on that, suggestions are welcome.

Feel free to e-mail if you want to help at JakeB1322@wideopenwest.com
Old 2003-12-28, 03:54   Link #2
Jasconius
HnK Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Jasconius
Hi, interesting to see this thread here! I thought of doing this myself a while back, but dropped the idea because the projects I was interested in doing were too much work for me at the time. However, I'd like to offer words of encouragement.

1) Japanese game shows are interesting. I think people will download them to check them out if you get the word out.

2) Raws DO exist. Takeshi's Castle (the show MXC is based on) originally aired in 1986, but TBS has been broadcasting reruns of the whole series this year. They're not particuarly wonderful quality, but decent enough to sub from. If you can make friends in Japan, you might be able to get encodes of more old reruns of popular game shows. My only problem with the idea of subbing Takeshi's Castle was that I usually can't understand half of what they're saying. >_<

3) SUB TRIVIA NO IZUMI. This is the show I originally wanted to do. Trivia is great, and Japanese trivia is even better! I follow this show regularly, and you can get encodes of every episode ever if you want off of places like winny. I find the dialogue a lot easier to follow, and I mainly gave up on this project just because I have too much other stuff to do. I'd love to get other people hooked on this show too. Plus this year they do crazy things like shoot giant rubber bands to see how far they fly. ~.~

4) Get a -good- typesetter if you're going to be doing shows with tons of subtitles. ^_^

Overall I think this would be great - something new to expose fans of Japanese culture to. Hope it works out.

P.S. If you want more information about raws or anything else, feel free to PM me.
P.P.S. It might be a good idea to see if any existing groups were interested in working on this project too. ^^

Last edited by Jasconius; 2003-12-28 at 04:12.
Jasconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 04:03   Link #3
K_R
also known as K!

Since I'm an encoder, I can't really offer my help, but rather a request/suggestion: I'd like to see ZA GAMAN subbed...

Actually, I can probably get raws, if needed.

Looking for a new crew...
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 09:11   Link #4
confuzionrains

sorry, i'm not offering any help, but I would love to check out some crazy japanese game shows if anyone is willing to sub them... after I told one of my friends about the anime and tv show subbing, he was greatly interested in finding out if any game shows were subbed (unfortunately at the time, the answer seemed to be no)... anyways, I heard a lot of stories about these game shows and would definitely check it out, as well as sending episodes to my friend...
confuzionrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 12:00   Link #5
Teh Roman Helmet
Anime-Blitz encoder

Okay, I am glad to see interest in this. As for raws, anybody that can get something would be good right now. Also, I have a couple episodes of Takeshi's on vhs that a friend's cousin in Japan taped back in the 80's. I don't have a tv card so I couldn't make use of them, might I might me able to find a friend or something and these episodes could be a starting point if I ever find a tv card somewhere that I can use.

About winny. I have tried using it, but have had no success. I can't get any nodes or something. If anybody can learn me how to use winny or would be willing to use winny and get raws off of that, that would be good.
Old 2003-12-28, 12:34   Link #6
NenMaster

yea i would like to see these shows
Old 2003-12-31, 12:13   Link #7
Teh Roman Helmet
Anime-Blitz encoder

so that's it, nobody has anything else to say about this?!?
Old 2003-12-31, 13:49   Link #8
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Well, what do you need?
Old 2003-12-31, 15:14   Link #9
Teh Roman Helmet
Anime-Blitz encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Well, what do you need?
Well, if I was to start this group, everything except an encoder. Read the other posts. I already talked about that.
Old 2003-12-31, 15:26   Link #10
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Roman Helmet
Well, if I was to start this group, everything except an encoder. Read the other posts. I already talked about that.
Well I suppose I could lend my sub-par timing and effects skills.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 19:39   Link #11
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
Man, I am taking on WAY too many projects. I bet this is gonna come back and bite me in the ...

But sure, I'll help you I have alright success with Winny, usually get about a dozen different raw encodes of Gunslinger Girl within 24 hours of it airing, so I would asume I have enough nodes to find some gameshows.

I'm also an editor. Some of my other group members might be willing to help too, and I can help distro. Sadly my translators are too busy to help right now.

Last edited by CompShrink; 2004-01-01 at 23:31.
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 08:17   Link #12
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompShrink
I'm also and editor.
Bitter, bitter irony.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 08:20   Link #13
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
I'm an Editor who checks what he has typed before he hits the post button.. ^_^
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 15:25   Link #14
Excel 2004
Please Fix My Avatar

Send a message via AIM to Excel 2004
Hello, my name is Excel 2004 and I am applying for a position as a Quality Checker and Editor. I have prior experience in these and related fields, including publication editing and quality checking for other fansub groups.

Excel 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 15:30   Link #15
acefighter
Banned

unless idea if you dont have raws or dont know someone who does

its too hard to find a raw provider
acefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 20:15   Link #16
K_R
also known as K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acefighter
its too hard to find a raw provider
Any fool can be a raw hunter. You don't even need to know any Japanese, as long as there is a raws co-ordinator.

Early 80s gameshows are the best for this kind of work, they're the type that were banned by the government because they were over-sadistic, etc. But they seems unattainable on winny.

Looking for a new crew...
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 21:11   Link #17
Shinasuki
Captain Smoker

Send a message via AIM to Shinasuki
I have always wanted to do this. A group I was with a while back wanted to do this but we never got around to it. I could help with timing/editing/encoding if you ever get a translator
Old 2004-01-01, 23:52   Link #18
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
I think it would be useful to compile a list of game shows here so I, or anyone else, can start searching winny for raws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsu-Kun
I'm an Editor who checks what he has typed before he hits the post button.. ^_^
Yes, the positioning of my mistake was rather bad...

No one is perfect, I have experience in fansubbing -though I know the rest of the applicants likely do as well. I'm sorry I posted that at almost 3am, I prefer to not edit at that time of night.

I apologize for being a human in need of sleep.

Oh, and an editor does more than just correct spelling, well a good one does. Sentence flow and logical coherence are also important.

If you want to nitpick, editor should not be capitalized in your sentence, and ellipses are three periods, not two. Rather ironic you have two errors in one sentence when you were saying you checked before you posted.

Ok, I'm sorry I know I am being a bit petty, and I do not want to start a flame war, but I could not let go an off the cuff remark on my imperfections that contained its own imperfections.

Last edited by CompShrink; 2004-01-02 at 01:51.
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 12:24   Link #19
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
I know exactly how many dots a true ellipse should have, I could nitpick at your sentence structure and more with great detail if you wish.

I haven't slept in 4 days now, I was trying to make a joking comment yet you have taken it much further. Would you rather that I went into more detail?
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 12:29   Link #20
Shinasuki
Captain Smoker

Send a message via AIM to Shinasuki
Can't we all just get along?