AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-07, 10:46   Link #21
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae View Post
I really enjoyed the first ep, and I think it wasn't just Nazuka Kaori's lovely voice. ^^;...

Nazuka Kaori was one of two reasons why I gave this a shot. She was really good as Mai, but I think it's a little too early for me to know if I'll stick with this one. It was entertaining enough and some of scenes reminded me of Kamichu for some reason.

The other reason btw was Toshio Masuda's music. He did the glorious soundtrack for Mushishi and others including Otogi-Jushi Akazukin. The fact that they chose his music for the OP and ED is a good decision I think. His music has a sort of fairy-tale spooky quality that really works with supernatural themed anime like this and Mushishi.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 13:21   Link #22
I<3killerloli's

Waiting for the sub...somebody is doing a sub, right?
I<3killerloli's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 20:08   Link #23
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3killerloli's View Post
Waiting for the sub...somebody is doing a sub, right?
Yes, ureshii is planning to sub this.

http://fansub.andrewlb.com/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202006
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 21:01   Link #24
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
and we just did release ep1
ArabianSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 00:05   Link #25
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Damn, the pacing of the first episode goes by REALLY fast. They didn't waste anytime introducing the characters and conduct the first mission.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 00:29   Link #26
lommm
l'homme de lommm

well, i know it will be quite different, but since 12 Kingdoms is one of my three favorite series of all time, i have high hopes for this... if nothing else, the character development should be really great! i mean, based on novels from the author of the 12 kingdoms, it must be good!

thanks ureshi!!
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 10:00   Link #27
andromeda0201

A big thanks to Ureshii for subbing this, I was afraid this would be one of the neglected series this season
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 10:41   Link #28
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 1
I'm watching this show in hope to see some romance. I got my horror fix from Death Note and Red Garden (which handle this aspect better IMO).

I'd like to add that I'm absolutely in love with the ending. Twinkling "fayth" [/FFX refrence] with beautiful instrumental piece in the background. I'm sorry if this was asked before, but what is the name of this track and when will it be released?
Old 2006-10-13, 10:46   Link #29
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
based on novels from the author of the 12 kingdoms, it must be good!
That really depends...i believe "Ghost Hunt" novels were written waaay earlier than "12 kingdoms" ones. So...
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 16:19   Link #30
i0td

I agree, we really got bombarded with character introductions in the second half. But anyway, this first episode was intriguing enough, and I have to admit that I just love ghost stories.

Many thanks ureshii for the subbing this series.
Old 2006-10-13, 16:34   Link #31
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Heh...this reminded me of Kindaichi somehow. Good job Ureshii.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 22:02   Link #32
myopius

In retrospect I guess the pacing was a bit fast, since all that happened. But at least it didn't cover the whole routine (eh, I'm guessing there's something of a routine... I'd be pleasantly surprised if there wasn't, though) involved in exorcising ghosts. I like the two main characters, their personalities were as I'd expected them to be from the character descriptions but that's part of why I elected to check this out. The guy's personality is even better than I thought it would be, actually. Some of his lines were definitely great.

Like most people (I think) I'm not sure where this will go. They introduced so many characters, are they all going to be recurring?

Yes, the ED was really neat.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 17:25   Link #33
hiroober

It's really not bad compared with other animes aired in fall season. The heroine's character is kinda more natural than a lot of other heroines in the same genre. And for the hero, I definitely like Shibuya's character. He's so straightforward and so confident about himself, which makes a lot more fun. XD

Like others said, the pace is not dragging at all, which makes me rate it higher. I'm really fed up with slow-paced and dragged plot...

I'll follow this one to see whether it's worth to be collected or not.
hiroober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 18:47   Link #34
Guido

Ghost Hunt First Impression

File #1. Filled with Evil Spirits!? - 01

I don't know what to say. I couldn't find anything mind-blowing for the first episode. In my opinion, the pace was slow that many times I felt drowsy.

I'm not too keen that the show introduces too many major characters in a single episode, assuming that all of them will be regulars while the anime is running.

What I found appealing was due to the slow pace it effectively built momentum and gloom when the anxiety came by, or the characters explaining their different views about the poltergeist activity stirring up in the abandoned building.

Ghost Hunt looks to primarily discuss the Ghost Stories and Haunted Houses theme, in my opinion. It does a good job to keep the atmosphere grim and cloudy, since anything ominous lurks around the vicinity.

Though I believe that Gakkou no Kaidan (Ghost Stories), another anime made by Pierrot studios, has better stuff when comes with the horror stories department.
But at the same time, Ghost Hunt presents to the audience this versatility of multiple characters to either root for or hate. We have exorcists, channelers, hermit monks, shrine maidens, and even a Ghost Hunter to deal with the supernatural.

So far I like Kazuya's methods the most. His tools are hi-tech and modern. The kind of equipment that modern psychics and para-psychologists use on Haunted Houses cases to study and research for possible other worldly contacts.
I'm very familiarized with the psychic research approach, since in the Discovery Channel I watched a documentary about Haunted Houses, which the psychics learned deal much about electromagnetic fluctuations influencing on people's state of mind and health.

Overall, I'm not in the mood to save this series on CD but appearances are deceiving, so I have to wait for episode two. If the second episode delivers supernatural content to pack a punch on my mind, then I'll be most happy to continue watching Ghost Hunt.

As for the music, the non-vocal OP and ED presentations were like if I was watching a motion-picture interlude. I love the creepy music with just only the grim violins playing much to the style of the dark fairy-tales or fantasy horror stories.

Last edited by Guido; 2007-03-19 at 16:07.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 01:16   Link #35
ZODDGUTS

Saw the first episode and like it but it could have been better. I didn't like Mai's character mostly because her "comedic" moments and expressions ruins the mood of the series it felt out of place. The introduction of the other characters felt rushed. The Exorcist ugh to they always gotta stereotype forgeiners that badly lol.

Quote:
And for some reason, I liked the OP. It definitely had a Twilight Zone/Outer Limits feel to it.
Yeah I felt the same vibe to the OP too.

Anways so far good series I'll keep watching because of the main male character really his type of character.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 23:08   Link #36
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I'll watch through at least the first arc.

It does seem like there are too many characters introduced in the first ep, but I'm thinking the cast will drop by at least two or three by the time they're done fishing out whatever is there.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 23:42   Link #37
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post
It does seem like there are too many characters introduced in the first ep, but I'm thinking the cast will drop by at least two or three by the time they're done fishing out whatever is there.
No, that's pretty much the full cast. I can't think of a single case that they all haven't gotten involved with at one point or another. But, I haven't read the entire manga series either.

Then again, I love the cast and their interactions with one another. Especially the
Spoiler:
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 16:05   Link #38
lommm
l'homme de lommm

after watching ep02 I have to say, I really like Naru-chan. His character is quite a bit different from most of the male leads in these school-type and fantasy/horror-type shows. some of his one-liners cut other people down so quickly, I wish I could talk to people like that all the time. (And I especially loved when Mai first called him Naru-chan and he asked, "Who told you to call me that?!" and then she realized that she wasn't the only one who calls him a narcissist.)

I see from the ep list so far that each "case" lasts three episodes. I hope that along with these episodic cases, the overall story continues forward. I assume it's a bit of a romanc that will slowly develop between Mai and Naru-chan.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 05:18   Link #39
potholes
~ hanabi

I love this series. It certainly gave me the horror-dose. I'm certainly following this one.

So far I have only seen the ep 1 sub by ureshii. Is the ep 2 sub out already? Does anybody know?

P.S. Thank you Ureshii for subbing this series!
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 05:37   Link #40
Lilith
Your average fangirl

potholes, there are no subs of the 2nd episode released. Actually, I don't think it aired yet. (next time check AnimeSuki torrent listing or any other site )

Tags
drama, supernatural