AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-07-16, 08:39   Link #2121
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I suspected a secret connection between Kagami and
Spoiler:
since the first few episodes. (dies laughing)
Please elaborate i want to know about your theory
...hum.. wait.. Are you serious about this? Did i fell in some kind of trap?

i want to thank people who answered my question about QED
in french i think it's something like this --> CQFD: Ce qu'il fallait démontrer
Old 2007-07-16, 09:42   Link #2122
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Thank AVPlaya for giving such an in depth look on the concept of "tsundere". Of course then people like 'Kagami' can be every where. Only we didn't come up with this "otaku-difficult-gotta-know-what-your-talking-about" term. We just call them the ones that just have a bitchy side off and on but they really are nice once you get to know them. Now what would we call a 'Sakaki' type. Since 'Konata's little cousin met one. Oh though she doesn't know her name. Quiet doesn't smile often but you somehow feel drawn to them because they made your life a little better.

I'll stick with 'Yui' at least she's nowhere near complex or is she? And what's up with that chair she was on? She was sitting like a dog. And funny thing is I ran across a fanpiece depicting that very shot. Of course when you're hanging out on Japanese fansites you can only think that something dirty is going to pop up. Of course I find out it was in the actual episode. Again all the more reason they can make more out of than it is. After all you'd feel pretty in your own world if you had a chair that you could do that on. I worry about her.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 09:50   Link #2123
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
I'll stick with 'Yui' at least she's nowhere near complex or is she? And what's up with that chair she was on? She was sitting like a dog. And funny thing is I ran across a fanpiece depicting that very shot. Of course when you're hanging out on Japanese fansites you can only think that something dirty is going to pop up. Of course I find out it was in the actual episode. Again all the more reason they can make more out of than it is. After all you'd feel pretty in your own world if you had a chair that you could do that on. I worry about her.
Don't worry about her, she's quite normal. I already explained what that was here. Plus, it's in Konata's house. Why a middle age men and his very thin teen daughter has a Joba in their house, that I'm not sure of.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 12:24   Link #2124
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Don't worry about her, she's quite normal. I already explained what that was here. Plus, it's in Konata's house. Why a middle age men and his very thin teen daughter has a Joba in their house, that I'm not sure of.
Hahaha!!
So that's what it is. I never seen anything like it. Man talk about references like hell. I guess if you're Japanese and familiar with as much of the culture you'll get all these inside jokes. Man 'AVPlaya' you sure know a lot of stuff. Don't tell me you're living in Japan?

Well, I'll say I am enjoying the show. In fact I'm enjoying it more since the direction took on a different turn. Now it just "bangs" out the jokes. Either I'll get them or I won't. But it will still be funny as all hell. But more than likely the show will take much viewing.

Now they mention this is the next part of the season. Is this the 2nd season portion after 13 or are they planning on doing more after this?

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 13:29   Link #2125
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
I guess if you're Japanese and familiar with as much of the culture you'll get all these inside jokes. Man 'AVPlaya' you sure know a lot of stuff. Don't tell me you're living in Japan?
No I'm not Japanese, but there was a time when I thought I was. My background is very unique... I grew-up on an island where there are a lot of Japanese visiting and living (can't go into detail because it is very small). My family is Chinese but my sister, well, my sister believe she's Japanese. She speak it fluently and worked as a tour guide in HS. Almost all her friends were Japanese. We were close so my friends became mostly Japanese. I also spend some time in Japan on vacation, at times pretending to be a student in their schools. I used to speak it well but after I moved to the States I've lost a lot of it... so I'm not as fluent as I used to be, but I am still very deep in the culture. I think I've said this before, but my sister looked and acted so Japanese, that she was discovered and went to Tokyo to train for idol-hood for a while (yes my sister was very "moe"). She got scared and returned soon with a lot of horror stories about Johnny's. It's not a place for kids to be. Just think of the idol I might get to know if she became one... hell maybe I'd even get to ask KyonKyon out.... NOT.

Quote:
Now they mention this is the next part of the season. Is this the 2nd season portion after 13 or are they planning on doing more after this?
No one really knows since we're in the middle of the 1st season, but based from the incredible Akiba popularity and CD sales, I'd say, yeah. Vexx-dono (who has read the manga) said there a lot more stories, plus plot don't really matter in L*S. They can keep doing this year after year like Keroro if they wanted to.
Old 2007-07-16, 14:08   Link #2126
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Ah I saw those horse back riding thingys before at the mall. They're pretty fun to ride. The store had two examples out and my sister and I pretended that we were racing each other. There were a lot of different options too, there was this one that imitated a horse jumping and stuff...fun

Of course, since they were examples and in the front of the store, a lot of people passing by gave us looks
Old 2007-07-16, 14:31   Link #2127
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Ah I saw those horse back riding thingys before at the mall. They're pretty fun to ride. The store had two examples out and my sister and I pretended that we were racing each other. There were a lot of different options too, there was this one that imitated a horse jumping and stuff...fun

Of course, since they were examples and in the front of the store, a lot of people passing by gave us looks
What in the states? Oh you guys were at an Asian mall, right?
Old 2007-07-16, 14:49   Link #2128
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I haven't been checking out this fascinating Generic thread until now. Great stuff. I just wanted to add something to AVPlaya's original baseball post (looking forward to more when they play their first match).

Not sure if this has been posted before (I searched but might not have found), but I found a photo of Kyoei's cheerleaders in the "dance" section of the school's club activities. Not much like the outfits in the show, but they do use gold pompoms.

Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 15:12   Link #2129
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
What in the states? Oh you guys were at an Asian mall, right?
Lol, actually it was in an American mall. It's called Sunvalley Mall. The store was those types of stores that sell lots of different gagets to make life "easier". They sell things like massaging chairs and things like magnetic grilling tools...

Although it was the same type of horseback riding chair thingy, I think it was a different brand.
Old 2007-07-16, 15:16   Link #2130
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I haven't been checking out this fascinating Generic thread until now. Great stuff. I just wanted to add something to AVPlaya's original baseball post (looking forward to more when they play their first match).

Not sure if this has been posted before (I searched but might not have found), but I found a photo of Kyoei's cheerleaders in the "dance" section of the school's club activities. Not much like the outfits in the show, but they do use gold pompoms.

NOW HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS PAGE? I practically went through their entire site! I was going wild trying to find their female cheerleader photo. Thanks for the find! I knew they would have a big cheer dance squad due to their baseball prowess, but now it's official! Yay!

The uniform... a bit different, much more conservative (but they are a very conservative school)? They did enter in the Kantou regional dance competition, but according to this page I don't think they've placed this year or last year. Man, cheer dancing really took off in Japan after that team won the world's for Japan; there's even a dorama about it.
Old 2007-07-16, 19:29   Link #2131
Xiaolang

About the Minoru ending themes

I don't know if I'm part of the majority or the minority, and frankly, I don't care for that sort of association, but I always LOVE the weird type of ending sequences that certain animation studios do.

I find myself laughing at the Minoru ending sequences. I know that the sequence is dumb, and maybe unnecessary, but it's entertaining nonetheless. Although Lucky Star never had a "proper" ending theme song, it's all good anyway.

I am glad though that it's a different song every week, or else the novelty would wear off quickly for me, and maybe more sooner for others.

Even if somehow Lantis makes "The Best of Minoru Shiraishi, featuring the Wa Wa Wa" (or something like that), that doesn't mean I'll automatically buy it, since I know that the novelty will wear off, and I'll spend that money on something more important, like food and shelter.

I digress. Although I'm fine with whatever KyoAni decides to do with the ending sequence, I do like to see more Minoru craziness.
Xiaolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 21:41   Link #2132
Fat Cat Lim

I read from somewhere that the results on the Lucky radio channel is that the term 'Gami'-dere was chosen by the fans to replace the Tsundere term. Is this true?
Fat Cat Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 22:18   Link #2133
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@AVPlaya,

May I ask for your sister's contacts?

Nah, kidding, kidding.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 22:30   Link #2134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No idea.. but what the hell would "gami-" translate as? No variation is showing up other than "stingy" or "patient"

Is it a riff as originated from Kagami--> -gami ---> gamidere? O.o
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 22:37   Link #2135
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Is it a riff as originated from Kagami--> -gami ---> gamidere? O.o
That's my guess. But... why do fans want to replace "tsundere" in the first place? Does this have to do with the two different types of tsundere we discussed earlier?
Old 2007-07-16, 22:55   Link #2136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some people seem stuck on the "time axis dependent" tsundere as being the true meaning of the word (as opposed to the "timeless" form of tsundere).

... if that had been explicitly part of the original usage (rather than just an artifact of simplistic erogames), I'd probably be more sympathetic
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 23:19   Link #2137
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I really don't care. I hold a loose definition for Tsundere: a character that displays either very hard and very soft personality traits, never both at the same time, and while on one side of that dichotomy would deny the other side's existence.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 23:50   Link #2138
robertness

For a slight moment I thought "gamidere" might be a phonetic shift of "kami" (god), but the shift from ka to ga would only occur if kami were the ending bit in a compound word and the proceeding bits ended in certain sounds. (Don't know enough Japanese to make a list of those sounds.)

I'm pretty sure "gamidere" is derived from Kagami's name. This whole new tsundere poll feels too much like a Kadokawa marketing ploy with Kagami's name being built right into the word created to describe her type. I'd be interested to see some of the other options that were included in the poll.

Last edited by robertness; 2007-07-16 at 23:51. Reason: "In" not "is". bakabakabaka....
robertness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 00:12   Link #2139
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
May I ask for your sister's contacts?
WAHAHA... if you know she's now mother of 2 I'm not sure you'd ask.. but she might be quite glad to give it to ya!

As for the "gami-dere", I thought it came from Kagami as well... what else could it have meant? And where was this info from? Pole from Computiq? 2ch? Online votes?
Old 2007-07-17, 00:13   Link #2140
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:

I suspected a secret connection between Kagami and
Spoiler:
since the first few episodes. (dies laughing)
You know, to be quite honest, I had a similar theory pop in my head once I saw...

Spoiler:
Panzer Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, kyoto animation, moe, otaku, school life, seinen