AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-06, 16:22   Link #361
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
30-second version of Konata commercial. Link will probably die soon.

Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yZT8uElQCk

-Haru

Last edited by BPHaru; 2007-04-07 at 12:36.
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 16:47   Link #362
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Not available?
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 18:03   Link #363
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Not available?
Just need to wait few mins for video approval.

-Haru
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 18:36   Link #364
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Warning: off-topic ranting below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Does all this make me feel good about it? No, but the evidence shows that it's true, and truth is truth, no matter how good or bad it makes one feel. We just have to live with it somehow.
Spoiler for long off-topic ranting:

Now, back on topic:

I've really gotta wonder, is that truly Hirano Aya in the CM? And if she's gonna sound like that, I'll be very, very pleased (and amazed, of course ).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 23:27   Link #365
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Social sciences should stick to social sciences and not try to give knowledge on what is a biological matter. Do some research on the web, and find articles made by scientists who work in biological and psychological fields. You'll find that there are biological behavioral differences between men and women. The idea that gender differences are socially constructed is just to make people feel more in control of themselves than they actually are.

Men tend to be more aggressive. Fact. Men tend to objectify things more. Fact. Women usually empathize better. Fact. Women tend to have better verbal skills. Fact.

Certainly there are exceptions like all things, but the majority of cases show that men and women tend to follow these patterns. Social constructs were placed to enhance these core biological patterns. Aggressive people tend to gain more power more often,and the fact is there has never been one instance of a human civilization in all of history that did not have male domination of power and status, and while we've taken great steps to even the playing field for both genders, males still dominate society. You may say that modern civilization is more 'advanced' than past ones, but consider that the ancient Romans granted citizenship to any person regardless of color if they worked for it (or got lucky somehow), while America just a couple hundred years ago saw blacks as animals. Or the fact that many Americans today see homosexuals as abnormal, when the ancient Greeks had no problems at all with homosexuality.

You can continue to even the playing field, but if that biological need to be aggressive and drive oneself with reckless abandon, if the motivation doesn't exist it's extremely hard for any person to acquire power and status.

Does all this make me feel good about it? No, but the evidence shows that it's true, and truth is truth, no matter how good or bad it makes one feel. We just have to live with it somehow.
I tooooold you that "Sex" is the biological, but "Gender" is the social aspect, they are separate and distinct matters. All those things you've said apply to documented research dealing with "Gender" not "Sex". Read about it by searching for gender on Wikipedia or look up a Social Sciences paper dealing with the distinction. I was surprised to find out the difference in University myself.

Anyway my short vacation is at an end and I have my answer, and boy is it a great thing to finally know what's been bothering me all this time. People can read about it here

Regarding Izumi, I always kind of imagined her sounding like a female (human) version of Garfield the Cat. It seems I'm probably going to be right. I doubt we'll here about how Izumi hates mondays, but we will probably get a similiar wit and cynism that Garfield seems to have down to an art.

One more thing. Your Truth is a Truth thing reminded me of something my former Prime Minister once said. This is actually quite funny and I feel it would be a waste not to post a link to it when the opportunity is so ripe so here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX6XMIldkRU
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 23:33   Link #366
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Anyway my short vacation is at an end and I have my answer, and boy is it a great thing to finally know what's been bothering me all this time. People can read about it here
You know what your problem is? You've gotta stop thinking we're all waging a war out here . Just be cool and relax, we're all people and nobody is fighting anything

Anyways, whatever was you sorted out in your mind, welcome back (?)

Old 2007-04-06, 23:56   Link #367
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
You know what your problem is? You've gotta stop thinking we're all waging a war out here . Just be cool and relax, we're all people and nobody is fighting anything

Anyways, whatever was you sorted out in your mind, welcome back (?)
Gomen, hehe. Thank you, I'm glad to be here for real. I've had a lot of things bothering me about the world for ages and its good to finally have that weight off my shoulders. It all started to turn around on November 7th 2006 if people know the significance of that date. I'm still a bit of an academic though so I will tend to right big long posts, but now they'll be more constructive and less destructive I hope.

I don't know quite what to add to the thread though. It almost seems like there's nothing left to discuss until the show airs. I'm kind of out of ideas here. Well there's that commerical that is now twice as long as the other one and thus offers twice as much insight. Anyone have the feeling it might be a clip from the first episode. Does anyone think its a clip of an even longer segment?
Old 2007-04-07, 02:35   Link #368
Skane
Anime Snark

Another Lucky Star trailer

Lucky Star

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-07, 03:09   Link #369
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Skane, you owe me 2 minutes and 29 seconds of my life.
Old 2007-04-07, 07:54   Link #370
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

A variety assortment of thoughts

Removed double-post caused by rampant button-mashing
mukansa monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 07:57   Link #371
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

A variety assortment of thoughts

Finally making the time to start posting here. Please to forgive the noob for making in advance posts that are worse than Engrish.

First impression of pictures of Lucky Star: Faces remind me of He Is My Master. I think it's the eyes...
An anime sitting somewhere between AzuDai and Genshiken? I'm there.

Have to admit I don't pay that much attention to which seiyuus are involved in a particular show. Partly because I don't usually read the credits, and partly because it seems like any character I like in an anime, their credits listing on AnimeNfo doesn't show any other characters I like. So IMHO the appropriateness of a seiyuu to a role is usually worth more than that seiyuu's absolute talent.

On the other hand, for many studios my opinion of their previous works is a good predictor of how much I'll like their new stuff. I'm a big fan of Madhouse, their list of shows covers half my DVD collection. Thus I started watching Otogi-Jushi Akazukin, and haven't been disappointed. Mind you I still can't figure out why they did Okusama wa Joshi Kosei, but it's not hard to avoid a show when the summary consists of "Teen girl tries to get her teacher/husband to sleep with her." So it makes sense that a show like Lucky Star is gathering interest based largely on its studio's small but stellar list of productions.

FUMO-FFUU!!! Ponyponypony... :rollaround:

I'm not expecting the animation to be quite on par with SHnY, but it doesn't seem like this show will suffer from less camera movement. I think the storyboarding and voice directing will carry a show like this more than the peaks of visual coolness that it reaches. To rework Kaioshin's words: I'm a "viewer watching for the company that did Haruhi's next project" *because* it's got "zany antics". Right now we're just anticipating based on the studio though, only once it comes out can any meaningful opinion about the show be formed.

So just out of curiosity I took a look at the site for Idolmaster Xenoglossia, and um... owww. *So* wrong. Best hope that KyoAni doesn't pick up Xenoglossia 2, or Kaioshin's head will explode. We shall not speak of this again.

I think the reason Hirano looks slightly odd is that her cheeks are unrealistically perky and perfectly shaped. I honestly thought Kaoru's avatar was CG at first. The fish lens effect doesn't help. She's quite pretty though... perhaps her appearance is meant to look a bit anime-ish, for the sake of improving her fan base.

I hereby nominate Kaioshin's full name to be:
Kaioshin [-Sama | -Oneesama] [-KunChanRin] [-Chin | -Oneechin]
Glad to see you've come to a realization that lets you unwind a notch or two. It's probably good for your blood pressure. Was the weight of the world on your shoulders mostly due to the prevalence of moe in recent anime though?

My first thought after watching the promo was WTF?? This weird noise confuses me. But then it sinks in, this show isn't about wham-bang SFX, so why bother making a wham-bang promo? Whatever that sound's supposed to be, it does show good vocal control. What else does it tell us? This show will be made of moe and weird. Works for me. The two purposes of any commercial are to stick in your mind and create a link to the product, it seems to be working here.

Coffee wearing off now, must go.
mukansa monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 14:31   Link #372
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Not so much the prevelance as for quite a while it felt stifling to me. It felt like if I wanted to watch anything post 2004 it was going to have to be a moe anime and their were no other choices for almost 2 years. Now there are a ton of choices as of April so I'm very very happy.

That and I'd been bothered by a lot of real world issues relating to Canada's neighbour to the south and wondering when they were going to balance things out.

The noise you are hearing is very hard to define, but I make it all the time when I'm trying to express that I am witnessing something very bizarre, nonsensical and/or surrealistic.

Kyoto Animation is never getting a license to do Xenoglossia though as it belongs to Bandai and Bandai is a horizontally and vertically integrated company that has. Why give it to another high-quality studio when you have your own high-quality studio to do it for you. Besides I'm not sure Kyoto Animations style would fit Xenoglossia.
Old 2007-04-07, 23:07   Link #373
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Grr... I don't know if I'm getting my numbers right, but wasn't this supposed to have aired by today? And still no raws out there?

I'm getting nervous.

Old 2007-04-07, 23:25   Link #374
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Grr... I don't know if I'm getting my numbers right, but wasn't this supposed to have aired by today? And still no raws out there?

I'm getting nervous.
It's still 1 hour until it airs and everybody blows themselves away. Everybody who's still alive afterward come back here in one hour and a half and have your Izumi Avatar's and sigs ready to go. I'll be handing out free beer and chips (Unfortunately they will be Ketchup flavoured for those who don't like em). We're going to do this right and from the get go.
Old 2007-04-07, 23:39   Link #375
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
It's still 1 hour until it airs and everybody blows themselves away.
Think about this, it's Japan we're talking about. It should have aired at 12 PM here.

Old 2007-04-07, 23:47   Link #376
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

I think it supposed to air sunday midnight in Japan; that'll be around 10 a.m. CT, same sunday.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 23:58   Link #377
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Hmmm yes the earliest airtime does in fact seem to be 4月8日(日)深夜0:00~0:30放送開始予定 which would be about half an hour ago. News should be rolling in ow.
Old 2007-04-08, 00:05   Link #378
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Hmmm yes the earliest airtime does in fact seem to be 4月8日(日)深夜0:00~0:30放送開始予定 which would be about half an hour ago. News should be rolling in ow.
HEY! Japan = 12 hours later. It's 4/8 12 PM right now there!

Old 2007-04-08, 00:14   Link #379
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
In Tokyo it seems to be 2:14 PM on Sunday. Hmmm..... I wouldn't worry people. Just wait it out. It's not like anybody's going to forget about it as its fairly anticipated.
Old 2007-04-08, 00:17   Link #380
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
As a general rule, when an anime is suppose to air at midnight, it assumes each day starts when you get out of bed in the morning rather than ticking over at 12. This means you go to work/school at 4/8, then get home at night to watch anime that will still qualify as an anime that starts on 4/8, even if it airs at 1 am and technically then aired on the 9th.

I know, its confusing from a mathematical point of view. But it makes perfect sense for people who actually stay awake at night to watch anime on TV.

Since I live in Australia, it is far less jarring than if I had lived in the US. At least there is only a few hours difference for me.

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, kyoto animation, moe, otaku, school life, seinen