AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-22, 03:13   Link #161
Takanome

DMC anime opening 1:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8ogr1OpbOFQ

Spoiler for Random OP Screens..:
Old 2007-06-22, 03:23   Link #162
ItachiGT
Banned

Thanks for posting a link for the opening!!!

I love it!! It got so much style!! 10/10

BTW: i am the first view.........
ItachiGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 05:52   Link #163
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

If it will be dubbed in the US, the VAs are:

Dante: Reuben Langdon
Vergil: Daniel Southworth

I love their voices!

And....

Vergil: Why isn't this working?! is there something missing? Must more blood be shed?
Dante : You seem to be in a bad mood.
Vergil: Dante.
Dante: So my mother's amulet is the key that unlocks the door to the Demon World. Good Plan, Pop.
Vergil: Just the opposite actually... Originally it was the key to the Demon World but was given to humans as a gift.
Dante: It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. More importantly I've came all this way. I'm sure you have time for one more game, right?
Vergil: Why not? After all we share the same blood. I'll just use more of yours to undo daddy's little spell. Dante: So you want a piece of me. literally. Okay, bro. come and get it, if you can! (Devil May Cry 3)
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 10:31   Link #164
zordon

Send a message via MSN to zordon
Dante fighting Phantom in the opening makes me soooo happy i beg they show some flashback involving Griffon,Vergil or even Mundus and of course:

Beowulf:SPARDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-06-22, 11:55   Link #165
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Episode 2 is a significant improve over episode 1. Lady is quite different from the game counter part, and I love her rocket launcher. Poor Dante, he has no luck in money .

Did I say I love the opening music?

One complain: No strawberry sundae!
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 05:55   Link #166
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i duno why but after watching ep 2 i still think that its pretty boring...even with all the pretty shiny effects on a pitch black BG it seems rather flat :/ while the story is a bit better i mainly "liked" this ep for the fanservice ~ the stroy is still pretty meh to me...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 05:57   Link #167
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Just finished watching episode 1, and I'd have to say that, aside from some missing elements, the show gives me the same feel as the game. The animation is beautiful, and impressive, and while the fight in episode 1 is short, I suspect that'll change later on. Dante's love for pizza? Check. Dante getting impaled/bitten/injured/maimed by monsters only to kill of said monsters later on? Check. Somewhat laconic personality? Check.

Now if only Dante's personality was completely lifted from the game. The Dante in the animation is being presented as someone who's cool, but we all know that the real Dante is sarcastic and likes to make fun at his enemies' expense, all the wihile busting out some lame catchphrase or two.

I find the pacing of the anime rather enjoyable, and a welcome aspect which is vastly different from the game. This somewhat reminds me of Gungrave - if people want bloody, adrenaline-pumped high-octane action, there's the game for you. And if you want some kind of story, the animation might just deliver that, in due time.

Who knows? Maybe they might just put Vergil in the picture. With Lady in episode 2, and Trish and Phantom in the opening, it might not be impossible to expect such a thing to happen.
Old 2007-06-23, 15:28   Link #168
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Just finished watching episode 1, and I'd have to say that, aside from some missing elements, the show gives me the same feel as the game. The animation is beautiful, and impressive, and while the fight in episode 1 is short, I suspect that'll change later on. Dante's love for pizza? Check. Dante getting impaled/bitten/injured/maimed by monsters only to kill of said monsters later on? Check. Somewhat laconic personality? Check.

Now if only Dante's personality was completely lifted from the game. The Dante in the animation is being presented as someone who's cool, but we all know that the real Dante is sarcastic and likes to make fun at his enemies' expense, all the wihile busting out some lame catchphrase or two.

I find the pacing of the anime rather enjoyable, and a welcome aspect which is vastly different from the game. This somewhat reminds me of Gungrave - if people want bloody, adrenaline-pumped high-octane action, there's the game for you. And if you want some kind of story, the animation might just deliver that, in due time.

Who knows? Maybe they might just put Vergil in the picture. With Lady in episode 2, and Trish and Phantom in the opening, it might not be impossible to expect such a thing to happen.
I hope they should put Nero, the new protagonist in Devil May Cry 4.

The DMC anime is surely will be a hit in the US when it's licensed.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 20:38   Link #169
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

When you convert video games into an anime there always is an obstacle to overcome .Please the video game fans . Also does it measure unto the GunGrave which is most definitely the measuring stick

I was expecting Devil May cry to be much more violent but unfortunately it is not . The BGM was good the animation was excellent I did find something lacking in the story . Maybe less talk more action would have been better . Also I did not quite like Dante’s personality I had imagined something different

If this anime was not based on the franchise Devil May Cry just maybe I would not have a reason to be a bit disappointed but as it is I am . You cant judge a book by its cover same applies for one episode . Just may be I was expecting it to be awesome like GunGrave but its too early
Old 2007-06-26, 21:50   Link #170
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Actually I found Gungrave anime to be boring and hope that DMC anime comes no where near this title.

I like his personality just the way it is. You can't get to close to Arucard's character (talking smack to the adversaries) or else people will just say that DMC riped off Hellsing Ultimate imo.

Besides you have to have a balance between action, dialogue, character info and character relationship setup. I think that they are doing good job balancing it for the first 2 episodes.

So do we know what the official spelling of Patty's last name is? Is it Royale, Rowell or Lowell?
Old 2007-06-28, 22:48   Link #171
Psychodragon
Legendary Master Ninja

Yay, Trish will be appearing next week!
Psychodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 00:10   Link #172
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Too bad she won't live up to her greatness in this but I guess they'll do their best with her
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 12:22   Link #173
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, the series is about Dante so I'm interested in his development. I consider Trish and Lady as window dressing to appease the game fans since their designs don't fit the usual anime designs. I don't expect their characters to vary much from their game personas or for that matter develop much.

The only blank slate is Patti imo. So I'm interested in seeing how her character develops.

Oh, how sweet...

Spoiler for ep.3:
Old 2007-06-29, 14:58   Link #174
v1cious

ok i'm confused. the fact that him and Trish have already met would mean this takes place before part 1, but then that means
Spoiler:
is this retconned or something?
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 15:10   Link #175
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
ok i'm confused. the fact that him and Trish have already met would mean this takes place before part 1, but then that means
Spoiler:
Spoiler for you sure?:
Old 2007-06-29, 15:43   Link #176
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Too bad she won't live up to her greatness in this but I guess they'll do their best with her
That was AWESOME! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. It's mostly funny cause it's true, that's probably how Capcom was thinking when they wrote the cutscenes for Devil May Cry.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 17:15   Link #177
Psychodragon
Legendary Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Spoiler:
Another thing to note is that DMC1 has Dante meeting Trish for the first time (I assume). Dante proceeds to Mallet Island with her, and blah blah blah (for those who have played the game).

Spoiler:

So I am thinking that:
1) This anime series is non-canonical with the games
2) Trish will only appear to Lady and not Dante (if they choose to keep it in connection with DMC1), or will only act as an observer.

-PD
Psychodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 18:29   Link #178
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Well we can't be sure how long it took for them to change the sign. Maybe all the missions in the anime are to build up the funds to replace the sign
Old 2007-06-29, 18:36   Link #179
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

While thinking about if the anime is set before or after the anime, you have to remember that our wonderful Spider appears in the OP from the first game. It probably means nothing and is just fanservice for the game fans, though its something you have to remember.

Just seeing that makes me Glee like a fangirl.
Old 2007-06-29, 18:57   Link #180
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
While thinking about if the anime is set before or after the anime, you have to remember that our wonderful Spider appears in the OP from the first game. It probably means nothing and is just fanservice for the game fans, though its something you have to remember.

Just seeing that makes me Glee like a fangirl.
I'm hoping one of the Phantom babies survived the first game and grew up with vegence in mind against Dante.

Tags
action, madhouse