AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-24, 02:30   Link #1
Kaiko

Action & Romance & Comedy (maybe)

I'm looking for a bit of both my favorite categories..action...and romance....Comedy would actually also be nice....so let me add that into my title real quick before I push the post button...

Ok, so here are a few things I liked so far with actual explanations why I liked them...not just a random list...

Shingetatsu Tsukihime - I probably spelled the first word wrong, but oh well. Anyway i enjoyed this a lot cause of the romance that was involved, the action was kinda on the bland side. But the romance aspect was amazing.

Card Captor Sakura - It was alright. Not amazing but alright. Romance was minimal but it was there. Action was to fantasy-themed for me but than again, I was expecting that...cause well...its to be expected.

Rurouni Kenshin - I loved it. Although a little long winded, but it was good. Romance and action. Good action. Decent romance. We can't have everything can we.

Please give reasons along with your suggestions. Oh and I for some reason tend to like action animes that have like "named" special moved IE: Naruto and his jutsu stuff or Rurouni Kenshin and his Hiten Mitsurugi style...I think you get my point.
Old 2006-09-24, 02:37   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Inuyasha - Action, romance, comedy... named special moves
Old 2006-09-24, 02:44   Link #3
Kaiko

Shoulda mentioned, endings are a big thing for me...Inuyasha seems to lack much in that department. Sorry for the oversight
Old 2006-09-24, 04:53   Link #4
jedinat
フリーター

Oh okay... it doesn't really end badly or anything, it just doesn't end. lol.
(the manga isn't finished even now, so that is the reason)

Shura no Toki - some nice action and a little bit of romance. the anime has three stories, following three generations of sons (I assume). I liked the first two stories... I would skip the third one if I watched it again

Trigun - one of my favorite anime. Vash is one of my favorite protagonists (along with Kenshin... and u seemed to like Rurouni Kenshin). Has nice action, some comedy, and a tiny, tiny bit of romance (very tiny, but much better than nothing ^^)

Full Moon wo Sagashite - another one of my favorite anime... no action, but nice romance. And like the best ending I've ever seen.

Elfen Lied - some action, drama, and a tragic romance (you liked Tsukihime ^^) ...beware some gore and nudity

Hajime no Ippo - boxing anime, with a bit of romance and some comedy. its shounen so it has named techniques and such (if i remember correctly)
Old 2006-09-24, 07:50   Link #5
miaka

Tsubasa chronicle - Clamp's anime and since you've mention card captor sakura. Its action adventure romance with some comedy scene.

Mahou shoujo Lyrical nanoha/A - magic girl genre that has some elements of CCS.

Fate/Stay night - same creator who did Shingetsu Tsukihime. Action romance magic with some slash of comedy.

Shakugan no shana - based from novel and also action- romance anime.
Old 2006-09-24, 10:47   Link #6
MamoruUsagi

In Fushigi Yuugi, also called Fushigi Yugi, the couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, get engaged, get married and have a child. The manga is 18 volumes. I recommend the manga, because the anime only goes up to volume 13, while the manga is 18 volumes long, meaning almost 100 episodes. Read the manga.

Sailor Moon is 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The couple becomes boyfriend and girlfriend, gets married and has a child. Tuxedo Mask is a wonderful character.

Ayashi no Ceres is a good manga series, the anime cuts out a lot of the plot, all the sex and the romance. The couple becomes boyfriend and girlfriend, has sex, elopes and has a child. Read the manga, the anime takes out almost half the plot and so much of the emotion. The anime takes out a lot of the manga and cuts out volumes 6, 7, most of 8, almost all of 9, 10, a lot of 11, some of 2 and 3, the manga is great, the anime takes out so much.

Happy Hustle High is a great manga series with romance, comedy and some action. The couple gets together early on in the series and is boyfriend and girlfriend.

Marmalade Boy is a great manga series.

Mars is a mature manga series dealing with sex, rape, dating, engagement. The couple gets together early on in the series and dates during the series.

Kare First Love is another series where the couple gets together early on.

Ultra Maniac has romance and action.

Fushigi Yuugi I read all 18 volumes. The manga is wonderful.

Ayashi no Ceres

Marmalade Boy

Happy Hustle High

Kare First Love

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-09-24 at 10:59.
Old 2006-09-24, 11:10   Link #7
Kaiko

Mentioned Animes I have watched -

Trigun - One of my gateway Animes
Tsubasa Chronicles - Its good Waiting for second season to finish so I can batch-watch it
Full Moon - Good as well, was sad and riddled with emotions
Elfen Lied - Was good as well. Lots of emotion here too

I rarely read manga but I actually have read some of the Mars series. Wait no..I finished it..haha it was good. Mangas are expensive though, 10 dollars each -.-
Old 2006-09-24, 15:18   Link #8
mit7059

For Action/Romance/Comedy you can't beat Full Metal Panic it's almost the definition of Action/Romance/Comedy. Watch the first season and then either FUMMOFU or the second raid. FUMMOFU is comedy oriented and doesn't advance the plot at all, but it's hilarious. TSR takes over where the first season left off.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2006-09-24, 16:20   Link #9
LynRee
-

Yeah, I agree with mit7059. Full Metal Panic is something you should take a look at. Lots of mecha action with some comedy and romance elements, a pretty good show. And even though I'm not a huge mecha fan myself (well, not at all, to be accurate), I still liked it.
Old 2006-09-25, 16:42   Link #10
Darkpaladin64
Evangelion02

UFO ultra madien valkyerie duh
Old 2006-09-25, 17:48   Link #11
Bot1
The Supreme Pontiff

just like in the last topic i posted in mahoromatic would suit you too

AKA Malakith
Old 2006-09-25, 18:34   Link #12
i0td

Someone has already suggested this, but yes, Shakugan no Shana has everything you're looking for: the action, the romance, and the comedy.
Old 2006-09-28, 03:30   Link #13
skurai

Full metal panic first,bleach 2nd...how come no one mentioned bleach...its like rorouni kenshin after all in terms of genre..

Bleach is like naruto... so go for it..
Another is one piece..but i think your description fits fmp and bleach more than one piece...

shura no toki is pretty good 2...thanks for that suggestion ,i currently watching it..
Old 2008-01-07, 02:06   Link #14
bloodred150

My so Far Favorite Anime is Zero No Tsukaima Its filled with romance action and some pretty funny episodes. it has 2 seris to it season 1 has 13 episodes and season 2 has 12 episodes.trust me u will like this anime.
Old 2008-01-07, 02:16   Link #15
yukizawaichiro

I could easily say :

Full Metal Panic
Rurouni Kenshin/Busou Renkin
Inu Yasha
Old 2008-01-07, 02:43   Link #16
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

inu yasha
inu kami
full metal panic fumoffu
zero no tsukaima
shakugan no shana

these animes has all the elements that you're looking for

in terms of being funny:
1.inu kami
2. FMP fumoffu
3. inu yasha
4. zero no tsukaima
5. shakugan no shana

in terms of romance:
1. inuyasha
2. zero no tsukaima
3. inu kami
4.shakugan no shana
5. FMP fumoffu

in terms of action:
1.shakugan no shana
2. inu yasha
3. inu kami
4. zero no tsukaima(season 1 has more action than season 2)
5. FMP fumoffu

all these rankings are based on my preference. it isnt canon or anything, just pure opinion
Old 2008-01-07, 15:54   Link #17
johnthesifu
Anime Sifu

Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi fits into all those genres. Highly recommend it, especially if you enjoyed Kenshin.
Old 2008-01-28, 21:15   Link #18
sushiroll7
sushiroll7

well i think blood +(plus) is a good anime.even though i wanted saya to go with solomon not haji *sniff* oops SPOILER!! anyway it has some sad parts and happy parts which is nice.its not too sappy, which is good!so yeah! you should watch it.
Old 2008-01-28, 21:54   Link #19
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Kaze no Stigma
Old 2008-01-28, 22:51   Link #20
NightSamurai

Beck definitely among the coolest romances, though it can be a little slow, awesome plot and awesome main character.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, romance