AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-28, 13:08   Link #41
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
Shika "never give up for his comrades" because he would get killed instantly 1on1, and he knows it.
He doesn't even have any manners, he rudely demanded jounin on a mission that Tsunade order him,
because he didn't want to be alone facing an enemy, he is afraid to die, as Temari pointed out.
His sole ability is to annoy the enemy hiding behind his comrades, and to get saved by girls.

no he could run away as he pretended ot think but shika isnt triator to his friends or an idiot like yourself .

shika was genin when he was sent after some highly skilled nins.
Old 2006-09-28, 13:17   Link #42
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
Shika "never give up for his comrades" because he would get killed instantly 1on1, and he knows it.
He doesn't even have any manners, he rudely demanded jounin on a mission that Tsunade order him,
because he didn't want to be alone facing an enemy, he is afraid to die, as Temari pointed out.
His sole ability is to annoy the enemy hiding behind his comrades, and to get saved by girls.
And yet he's the one who stalled the pursuing sand Ninjas.

He knows he's weak 1v1, still he faces 9 sand jounins just so he could stall them for the sake of his team.

He knew he was weaker than Tayuya, still he stalled her enough so Naruto could escape.

pffft, try something else :/
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 13:27   Link #43
Yellow Flash
Banned

Miss Rave, help! =o
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 13:28   Link #44
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:

Edit: Wrath already stated my point. You're enjoying all this attention, huh YF? :P
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 13:30   Link #45
Airaku
####

Quote:
He has some offensive maneuvers, besides he wins at shoji and that’s a one-on-one game.
Quote:
My translation said that he “requested” a jounin.
Quote:
People who aren’t afraid to die are usually the one who end up dead.
Quote:
There’s nothing wrong, with annoying your enemy, relying on your comrades, or being saved by girls.
Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 13:39   Link #46
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Haha.. never bash on any character, especially one as popular as Shikamaru. Hes even my wife's favorite character.

Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 13:51   Link #47
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
@YF: Would a coward turn around and try to stall 9 enemies only to achieve the hope that those 9 can't reach his comrades which isn't even sure?
Would a coward fight 1on1 against a much stronger opponent only to buy some time?

And show me the panel where it was stated that Yondaime's IQ was 300... stop inventing things like in old times.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 14:25   Link #48
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
Edit: Wrath already stated my point. You're enjoying all this attention, huh YF? :P
Yeah he probably only comes up with these stupid theorys/posts to get attention.
Old 2006-09-28, 14:48   Link #49
Scrappdogg

Quote:

That's something else, Hiraishin is a legitimate jutsu, Yondaime was a hero.
Shika is a hero he save Asumas life.
Scrappdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 15:03   Link #50
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
How is a coward jutsu? How is he not a force to be reckoned with? name one ninja that could equal is intelligence, that could could up with the plans he does under the same situations.
Kabuto easily. Don't make me have to say why.

Offtopic though, what Shika had done so far even Naruto could have. This is Kishi making Akatsuki looking like morons at it finest. Plot no jutsu for the lost.
Old 2006-09-28, 15:08   Link #51
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine
Yeah he probably only comes up with these stupid theorys/posts to get attention.
Meh. Free discussion is what the forums are all about. I really wasn't trying to flame Yellow Flash. I just noticed that his post received like, 30 replies in 10 minutes. He really knows what topics will push people's buttons!

But anyways, I want to see Kakuzu fight next chapter. A few people are saying that Kakuzu is going to retreat but the way I see it, he has no reason not to fight. Two of the members are already exhausted/injured and one of them is worth a large bounty
I think there's a good chance he'll at least begin his attack. Maybe we can see what's up with those bands he wears on his wrists.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 15:09   Link #52
Blaine

Naruto couldn't plan his way out of a paper bag, he uses the same tactic again & again, kage bunshin+rasengen in just about every battle he has been in. The only time naruto was on par with shiakamaru for developing a good plan is during the zabuza fight when kakashi was trapped in the water prison jutsu.
Old 2006-09-28, 15:12   Link #53
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
I'm just saying he is a coward who hide in the shadows, I despise that.
Yondaime said courage is most important to a ninja, and Shika has none.
To tell you the truth, the only known characters from what I can see this whole manga that represents true shinobi are Shika and Yondaime. Hiraishin is a legit because it's a ninja technique as far as the stealth kill. Shika's shadow jutsus are legit in the same way. He's the best aid in a mission.

Shika is too smart to be a leader, unless he's the kind of leader that pulls strings in the background, kind of like this chapter. You're dead on that he'd be slaughtered in a solo mission. I'd estimate he'd be slaughtered on A and S class missions going solo, unless the target doesn't have the ability to dodge or overpower shadow neckbinding. You have to face it YF, the best ninja next to Yondaime may be Shika.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 15:16   Link #54
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

If someone else wants to make a summary, be my guest ... it doesn't look like I'll be able to make one today as I've huge load of homework for Japanese and am still not done with it ... ^^'

Same for artists around ... if someone feels like making a nice illustration, you're welcome too.

PM me with it. I'll add it in the startpost, with credits + added reputation

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 15:17   Link #55
Scrappdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine
Naruto couldn't plan his way out of a paper bag, the only plan naruto uses is kage bunshin+rasengen in just about every battle he has been in. The only time naruto was on par with shiakamaru for developing a good plan is during the zabuza fight when kakashi was trapped in the water prison jutsu.
naruto is just a good a planner as Shika is. He beat neji cuz he was 1 step ahead. Nartuo always thinks about his next attack like when he farted on kiba... or was that accidental =p
Scrappdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 15:24   Link #56
Blaine

That was accidental
Old 2006-09-28, 15:25   Link #57
elusive

Talking

You guys fell into Yellow Flash's trap. None of you would make good ninjas.
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 15:33   Link #58
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappdogg
naruto is just a good a planner as Shika is. He beat neji cuz he was 1 step ahead. Nartuo always thinks about his next attack like when he farted on kiba... or was that accidental =p
You're statement proves Naruto isn't as good as planning as Shika. Naruto planned 1 step ahead. Shika has 200 combinations of possibilities at times, depending on the situation. Shika can think 10 steps ahead or more.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 15:42   Link #59
Ero-Senn1n

It seems Kishimoto is reading Hunter's posts
So here we saw one of the most brutal chapters as Hunter wished for in the previous thread.

I think the only reason for those 4 being still alive is that Hidan said to Kakuzu to not fight. It seems that akatsuki are so overpowered that Kishimoto needs these plot tricks to make a fight where the good guys dont die in the first second
I mean Kakuzu is not doing anything, there is Shikamaru, the only one who could stop Hidan from killing Asuma (nobody else can prevent Hidan from stabbing himself when he wants), and other 19 teams are ready in the forest to interrupt the akatsuki from executing the finishing blow on Asuma/Shikamaru
Someone might look at this as stupid thing, but i actually like this setup, the same way i liked the Sasori vs Chiyo+Sakura setup which had the same plot tricks. It's entertaining for me, so i wonder why all those complaints. If there were no such set up situations most of the fights would be boring 1-2 minute fights with a clear winner and loser.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 16:09   Link #60
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
It seems Kishimoto is reading Hunter's posts
So here we saw one of the most brutal chapters as Hunter wished for in the previous thread.
More! I want more!

Akatsuki doesn't only fight against their worst match-up, they also fight against their own stupidity which seems to increase when they face... Chuunin.
I mean really, these guys destroy country kill Kage, crush Jinchuuriki and make fun of Bijuu but when they cross the path of Chuunin they should know better and run away.

Oh well that's nice of Hidan not to have developped a way to make a really huge seal on the ground so he couldn't be thrown out of it I guess.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote