AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-28, 16:17   Link #61
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappdogg
naruto is just a good a planner as Shika is. He beat neji cuz he was 1 step ahead.
Naruto did what? If that statement wasn't irony I recommend you to reread the manga^^

And astayanax I guess this will be an endless debate again, but no, I don't think Kabuto is on par with Shikamaru (battle plan wise). He was impressive pwning Kakashi in the hospital... but there he had the time to prepare everything. Shikamaru thought of his plan IN battle and had thought several moves ahead. Kabuto has a good knowledge of people, thinks also some moves ahead, but he never showed such awesome skills like Shikamaru. Don't get me wrong, his tactics in battle are very good, but there was no plan in the Tsunade fight, no plan in the forest of death and no plan when attacking Sasori(Yamato). A good tactic isn't the same as a perfect plan like Shikamaru showed in the Temari fight (Which reminded me of the HxH scene where Killua beats the guy on GI... "You're good... setting three traps in such a short amount of time" "Just three? Are you kidding? Every single move was a part of this trap" pure pwnage ))) ). Shikamaru is a genius in such things, which was stated by Asuma...
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 16:32   Link #62
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 29
Uhmm... i cant believe that Shikamaru is a topic and especially him being a coward.

This Shikamaru is facing and fighting an Akatsuki Member...how can you even begin to say...the word coward? Yellow Flash

His Jutsu is what HIS Jutsu is...its not cowardly at all...if so then:
- Sharingan (copy) = very lame and unoriginal for uncreative people
- Byakugan = for people with an overall poor vision to compensate stuff
- Kayuga = for people who have a weak defense (block) to compensate
etc. etc.

His jutsu combined with his IQ is just an excellent combination...if Shikamaru can manage to increase his max chakra and use even Kage Bunshin then..i doubt that the winning odds of any enemy are big.

If i am correct all 3 Jounins were clueless how to fight these guys...and Shikamaru manages to pull it off...to (in a way) kill the opponent. However i somehow doubt that his predictions lead to "he can survive if his head gets off"...
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 16:45   Link #63
Yellow Flash
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Oh well that's nice of Hidan not to have developped a way to make a really huge seal on the ground so he couldn't be thrown out of it I guess.
The seal is made with his own blood, that's why I think the size is limited to this.
If there were more of Hidan's clan, I guess they could make one huge seal together.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 16:54   Link #64
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Shinka is the only one in this series to really show that he is a pure genius.

Yondimane had an IQ of 300? Where did you find that? IQ ratings only go up to 160, with each ten points making a standard diviation. 60 = 6 SD away from the mean. Do you have any idea how hard it is to score a 1600 (full score) on the SATs? 1600 is 6 SDs from the mean (of 1000). Most good colleges will take you with a 1200. (only stadford would deny you with 1600 those bastards).

At 200 IQ (10 SD from mean of 100) is like saying you got a 130% on a test were 100% is the high score. Already Shinkamauru's IQ is unbelievable, 300 would just be BS.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:03   Link #65
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
- Sharingan (copy) = very lame and unoriginal for uncreative people
- Byakugan = for people with an overall poor vision to compensate stuff
- Kayuga = for people who have a weak defense (block) to compensate
etc. etc.
I would agree with all of the above and i'd like to add some

Naruto's Kage bushin because Naruto can't multitask at all
Asuma's wind blade because he couldn't be bothered by carrying a bigger sword
Gai and Lee's gates because they can't get enough power the "real" way
Gaara's sand because moving is sooo overrated just let the sand do everything
Jiraiya's peeping jutsu because he can't see naked women the "real way" (which is to pay for it of course)
Yellow flash: walking is so overrated (see Gaara)

Man this comic is just loaded with imperfect and cowardly ppl.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:36   Link #66
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
if Shikamaru can manage to increase his max chakra and use even Kage Bunshin then..i doubt that the winning odds of any enemy are big.
If that would be the case, he wouldn't be blessed with such intelligence and tactical skills. And, after this point, his only option seems to be transferribg to another body.

By the way, maybe Hidan wants to get his body because of the ring. Maybe his body has already become useless after separating from it once. I hope that would be the case. I hope the situation won't become like a dislocated shoulder thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Akatsuki doesn't only fight against their worst match-up, they also fight against their own stupidity which seems to increase when they face... Chuunin.
I mean really, these guys destroy country kill Kage, crush Jinchuuriki and make fun of Bijuu but when they cross the path of Chuunin they should know better and run away.
If that's all there is to Hidan (so-called immortality and damage-transfer), then I don't think he is someone that needs to be considered at the level of for instance Kisame. Hidan is more like a one-on-one fighter that is capable of beating very strong ninjas or demons, when he faces them one on one. But, against multiple opponents, his techniques and immortality does not prevent him to be put in such a bodyless head position very easily.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2006-09-28 at 17:55.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:39   Link #67
Zero system
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
I don't approve. It's a coward jutsu which make people angry, look what Hidan said.
Shikamaru is merely an annoyance, not a force to be reckoned with, not a true ninja.

you know, a ninja is someone who creeps in the shadows and kills his opponent withour being noticed or seen, its the total opposit of what is shown in naruto (because the show would have been sooo boring if all the fights were over after 1 or 2 moves)


so we can say that shika is the perfect ninja, he binds his opponent and his teammate does the kill (or he can do it with his shadow neck bind)
Zero system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:47   Link #68
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero system
so we can say that shika is the perfect ninja, he binds his opponent and his teammate does the kill (or he can do it with his shadow neck bind)
Although the definition migth suggest otherwise, I don't think Shika is a perfect ninja. This is mainly because he lacks the strength to complement his intelligence. But, still, he is a perfect teammate and a strategist.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:49   Link #69
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
but there was no plan in the Tsunade fight, no plan in the forest of death and no plan when attacking Sasori(Yamato).
I disagree.

He had the perfect plan for Tsunade. He analysed her fighting style and had her on her knees using one move. Then he let his cockiness got the better of him. Even then, he was still fighting till Jiraiya made the save.

The Sasori confrontation was an incomplete fight as it got interupted. Personally I think Kabuto could had taken out Sasori on his own although people would disagree. I believe that Orochimaru was there just in case Sasori had backup in the form of other Akatsuki members who could had overwhelmed Kabuto.

As for the forest of death, to my understand this is when Kabuto was pretending to be a punk.

Yes, Kabuto doesn't think up of a million plans and backup plans like Shiki for any situation; however he does think up of a solid strategy on the move when he feels like it (which really doesn't happen much in the series due to his cockiness).
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a mod because it exceeded the size limit as was requested in our forum rules. Please take a look at it.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 18:35   Link #70
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
Personally I think Kabuto could had taken out Sasori on his own although people would disagree.
I'm going to be one of the ones that agree with you on this. Fights aren't always about power and smarts. Kabuto was Sasori's spy, so if that were really Sasori, Kabuto would have the perfect opportunity to get close enough to destroy the disc. The same is actually with Oro. He's the only one capable to get close enough to kill Oro because of trust as well.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 18:37   Link #71
Riku540
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
I'm just saying he is a coward who hide in the shadows, I despise that.
Isn't that what ninjas... do?
Riku540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 18:44   Link #72
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
The Sasori confrontation was an incomplete fight as it got interupted. Personally I think Kabuto could had taken out Sasori on his own although people would disagree. I believe that Orochimaru was there just in case Sasori had backup in the form of other Akatsuki members who could had overwhelmed Kabuto.
Kind of a silly arguement since Sasori was really Yamato, but here goes.

Kabuto was sent to "pretend" (key word here) to be on Sasori's side then back stab him. In a one-on-one fight Kabuto, for all him greatness would have been owned by Sasori. Oro might have fared better with his mega-regen skills, but Kabuto in the end is a medical ninja. He cut blood vessels, muscle tendens, nerve endings. All deadly stuff but against a master puppet/ puppet user, all that is useless. Sasori is a one man army, and his real body is a weapon of mass destruction (usually a puppet users' greatest weaknees is how vulnerable the user is, not so with Sasori), how would Kabuto deal with Sasori's living and flying puppets?


Kabuto had one chance to strike Sasori which is when Kabuto went behind him. That strike would've only hit Sasori's outer shell, doudtful that it would've done any real damage anyway since it needed Sakura's "freakish" strength to break.

Sorry but I just don't see it happening, not without Oro. But on the bright side Kabuto would've made a fine addition to Sasori's collection, maybe not living puppet but hey not everyone meets that criterion.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 18:49   Link #73
Hir0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
just read the manga, lol so funny but its like how we all thorght it was, just move him outta his circle. And some1 also predicted the talking head last week too
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 18:55   Link #74
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
Kind of a silly arguement since Sasori was really Yamato, but here goes.

Kabuto was sent to "pretend" (key word here) to be on Sasori's side then back stab him. In a one-on-one fight Kabuto, for all him greatness would have been owned by Sasori. Oro might have fared better with his mega-regen skills, but Kabuto in the end is a medical ninja. He cut blood vessels, muscle tendens, nerve endings. All deadly stuff but against a master puppet/ puppet user, all that is useless. Sasori is a one man army, and his real body is a weapon of mass destruction (usually a puppet users' greatest weaknees is how vulnerable the user is, not so with Sasori), how would Kabuto deal with Sasori's living and flying puppets?


Kabuto had one chance to strike Sasori which is when Kabuto went behind him. That strike would've only hit Sasori's outer shell, doudtful that it would've done any real damage anyway since it needed Sakura's "freakish" strength to break.

Sorry but I just don't see it happening, not without Oro. But on the bright side Kabuto would've made a fine addition to Sasori's collection, maybe not living puppet but hey not everyone meets that criterion.
I would have to agree, its hard to imagine a medical nin going up against what is almost completely an inanimate object. What could he do... I guess we will never know.

Akatsuki are supposed to be well above juunin status, in fact you could probably lump them all together with the legendary 3, and itatchi. While some are less powerful, its not by a lot, and at that high of skill, anything can happen.

However kabuto is stated to be at Kakashi's level, and i just dont see kakashi competing with ninjas of that calibur yet. But if he had caught one of them completely by surprise, i would say its possible. It would certainly make them easy prey for oro at that point for sure though.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 19:08   Link #75
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I havent finished reading this chapter but it seems I was right. Its all about that circle. Well, at least Shika and me have the same theory :P And you all bashed me for my ridiculous idea hehehe
__________________

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 19:10   Link #76
Ryuujin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku540
Isn't that what ninjas... do?
Not in this series
__________________

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 19:10   Link #77
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
I'm going to be one of the ones that agree with you on this. Fights aren't always about power and smarts. Kabuto was Sasori's spy, so if that were really Sasori, Kabuto would have the perfect opportunity to get close enough to destroy the disc. The same is actually with Oro. He's the only one capable to get close enough to kill Oro because of trust as well.
Kabuto did not even Knew of Sasori true form, I really doubt that he knew about that disk, Heck I doubt anybody outside a select few puppeteers knew this., As Kabuto Said something abot Sasori been Secretive wiht his things, or something along those lines
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 19:14   Link #78
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Kabuto did not even Knew of Sasori true form, I really doubt that he knew about that disk, Heck I doubt anybody outside a select few puppeteers knew this., As Kabuto Said something abot Sasori been Secretive wiht his things, or something along those lines
I was going to say the same thing. The true nature of Sasori should be unknown to other people. Cause, the opposite would make Sasori an idiot, who doesn't mind sharing his main weaknesses with others - a complete opposite of a ninja.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 20:17   Link #79
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Kabuto did not even Knew of Sasori true form, I really doubt that he knew about that disk, Heck I doubt anybody outside a select few puppeteers knew this., As Kabuto Said something abot Sasori been Secretive wiht his things, or something along those lines
Don't forget Oro was Sasori's partner when he was in Akatsuki, so it's possible he may have seen Sasori in his true form at one time or another and deduced his weakness. Orochimaru must have had a plan for defeating Sasori he felt was full-proof or else he wouldn't have set the ambush. Still, I don't see Kabuto defeating Sasori alone even if he knew the weakness. Like gibits said, His justu are useless against such an opponent. He was likely just a lure, Oro would've done the fighting.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 20:58   Link #80
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
Don't forget Oro was Sasori's partner when he was in Akatsuki, so it's possible he may have seen Sasori in his true form at one time or another and deduced his weakness. Orochimaru must have had a plan for defeating Sasori he felt was full-proof or else he wouldn't have set the ambush.
Thats why I said I doubt, And I even not sure it is necessary for Oro to know Sasori weakness, when he could have a Jutsu big Enough that can pulverize him, leaving no need to be looking for the only place were Sasori can get Killed. he does not need to have full-proof plan to fight Sasori, because that would mean he also Had the Antidote for a Poison he did not even knew existed.

For Orochimaru to get that the Disc is the Key, he would had need to fight alongside Sasori in a fight were Sasori was loosing so bad, that he needed to Transport the disc from one of His Puppet to a new puppet. So, its is possible, but unlikely.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.