AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-11-03, 05:52   Link #101
Baby-D
Baby timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
A barton should play it fine...we have members who played it on CPUs as old as XP 2400+ thoroughbreds. Just close your firefox...and whatever the hell is using resources...

Or just give up too if you don't want to bother you're free to do whatever you want. And people who don't like .MKV dont know anything about .mkv >.>

And filesize has nothing to do with the mkv container.

And hate us for serving an audience that can play the 720p x264. Fiber likes it...mentar likes it...i like it...Translator can play it! Audience seems happy! Im just joking...but if you dont like it that is perfectly fine with us. You can dl and not dl whatever you want. We will try to stop making you.
Baby-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 12:47   Link #102
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
it's kind of strange

The video plays fine but it is larger than my screen and I can't make it fit inside it

I'm losing a little part of the karaoke/subtitles on the left and right border

any TIP for me?
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 12:52   Link #103
leonaheidern
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Its not the container I hate. Its just a lack of 1 Step convertable software thats avaliable for converting it to play on portable HDD Divx(v3,4,5)/Xvid MPG, Dat. IFO players.

With an anime like Bartender there is potential to get even non anime liking audiences to actually like anime because of the alcohol subject. Same for gungrave too. Still finding the least painful way to convert to a compatible format so I can bring it around to my neighbours' house to introduce him to the ANIME version of The Godfather.

Also the lack of portable HDD mediaplayers that play mkv is very irritaing. Usually the dvd player manufacturers in my country(Singapore) are the first to start supporting multiformats. And they are cheap too about 59SSD gets u a well rounded player. Sigh I wonder if there will ever be a hardware solution that allows you to do that short of buying a laptop and getting special cables to hook the laptop to the Plasma/LCD TV
leonaheidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 14:22   Link #104
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: GA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Ep02 was great. A bit of sadness and stuff, but overall it was touching. I like how they rope in the history into the story. Most of the OP characters make their debut in this episode as well.

Cheers.
The storytelling mechanic is a little weird, but I guess you don't hire famous people for nothing.

Anyway, yeah, our translator wants to not fail senior-level Japanese classes and 2ch tells me there's going to be a double episode the week after next, which would kill us anyway. We can come back if necessary later, I guess.

Also, everyone should take my advice re: Kir Royale!
Mr VacBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 15:44   Link #105
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
...anything except for LuPerry's stupid softsubbed karaoke. (What they heck was he thinking?)
/offtopic but agreed, agreed.. Erm, theacefrehley, please tell me you are playing the video in fullscreen mode.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 18:36   Link #106
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Ep 2.

Heart-warming is probably the best way to describe this show, but there's also something that's... for lack of a better word... "cute" about it. I also agree with everyone else, the unusual styles and effects and methods they use for storytelling are really effective. It's almost avant-garde in a sense, but no where near as in-your-face as something like Haruhi or Petite Cossette. It works really well, though. This show seems to have no problem generating atmosphere, which is a pretty good feat for a show of this type. But, then again I come from a rather bias standpoint, since I pretty much can't dislike a series like this, no matter how hard I try.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 19:46   Link #107
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
/offtopic but agreed, agreed.. Erm, theacefrehley, please tell me you are playing the video in fullscreen mode.
yeah, full screen mode
it's is like the video width is bigger than my monitor width

but I've tried to resize it, with no avail...

Image captured with MP classic (it seems normal)



Edited image (How I'm seeing it, full screen)



I hope anybody can help

just an info

My video card is an old 32MB one (P4, 2.4Ghz, 512MB), monitor 15''
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 20:26   Link #108
Baby-D
Baby timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
It has nothing to do with your video card. If you can play the video fine, then your system resources are just dandy. What it is your settings in MPC.

Right click on the video and go to Video Frame. I use touch window from inside. It lets me resize but keeps the aspect ratio.

Mess with whatever you like within that and you should be good. you're have it set to just resize but not adjust the video which results in you cutting it off, rather then adjust the size with regards to the aspect ratio.

Anyways that should fix it.
Baby-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 20:45   Link #109
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-D View Post
It has nothing to do with your video card. If you can play the video fine, then your system resources are just dandy. What it is your settings in MPC.

Right click on the video and go to Video Frame. I use touch window from inside. It lets me resize but keeps the aspect ratio.

Mess with whatever you like within that and you should be good. you're have it set to just resize but not adjust the video which results in you cutting it off, rather then adjust the size with regards to the aspect ratio.

Anyways that should fix it.
thanks

but it didn't solve the problem...
With it, the screen gets cut on top, bottom and right side hehehe

It's like the screen size is always the same (Big) and it doesn't fit in my screen

I don't quite understand it
I can easily resize the screensize of other videos I have here (including these x264, h264, whatever). It's just these HD videos that don't work


Anyway
thanks
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 21:58   Link #110
Baby-D
Baby timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Well the fact that the video resolution is higher then whatever you have on your monitor should not make it just cut off...Ive set my monitor to 800x600 and it worked fine...except looks like shit because that res sucks .

You probably just need to mess with the settings in MPC did what I say change ANYTHING?

Because it seems like it is ignoring resizing the VIDEO, rather it is just resizing the WINDOW.
Baby-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 22:06   Link #111
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-D View Post
Well the fact that the video resolution is higher then whatever you have on your monitor should not make it just cut off...Ive set my monitor to 800x600 and it worked fine...except looks like shit because that res sucks .

You probably just need to mess with the settings in MPC did what I say change ANYTHING?

Because it seems like it is ignoring resizing the VIDEO, rather it is just resizing the WINDOW.
Before
right and left side cut off

with your tip
right, bottom and top sides cut off

using the commands ctrl+6 and ctrl+4 I can view the parts missing because the screen gets "pushed" to the sides

And it is exacly like you said
the resizing is being completely ignored
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 05:17   Link #112
Baby-D
Baby timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Well that is very odd...if it plays back fine aside from the cutting off...it is non-resource related most likely...

I don't know if it would be something with the video output settings in MPC's options. That doesn't sound to likely...or perhaps drivers for the graphics card? But that seems odd too...

Well hopefully someone can pick it apart more technically. But have you tried any other players and do those ignore the resizing?
Baby-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 05:55   Link #113
leonaheidern
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Hi any tips on getting the subtitles out of the mkv file so I can mux them in Xvid4PSP and watch the episode on my PSP in PMP format or avi format?

Thanks
leonaheidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 08:51   Link #114
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Before
right and left side cut off

with your tip
right, bottom and top sides cut off

using the commands ctrl+6 and ctrl+4 I can view the parts missing because the screen gets "pushed" to the sides

And it is exacly like you said
the resizing is being completely ignored
mpc settings while playing the file:

touch window from inside (dot)
aspect ratio (check mark)

now your video should be looking something like a widescreen movie.. only the sides are touching the ends while the there's a space on top and bottom.. a letter box.

use pan&scan to increase height until it touches all 4 corners of your screen.
only use increase height.. DO NOT use increase size.

or use the pan&scan again.. and use zoom 0.3-3.0.. 1.000 and 1.0900 respectively.. >,>

I actually lost my good settings trying to fiddle with what I did with mpc.. T__T

Last edited by tritoch; 2006-11-04 at 09:05.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 10:12   Link #115
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Edited image (How I'm seeing it, full screen)

1038 X 720.. is that your resolution? Thats a weird resolution. Try changing your video resolution to something more common like 1024 X 768. (Remember that you may have to adjust your monitors settings so that any viewable area outside the screen can be seen)
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 10:22   Link #116
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
1038 X 720.. is that your resolution? Thats a weird resolution. Try changing your video resolution to something more common like 1024 X 768. (Remember that you may have to adjust your monitors settings so that any viewable area outside the screen can be seen)
my resolution is 1024x768
This image I edited by myself because when I capture the image with mpc the image is just normal. This is how I see the video playing (after all, 1280>1024, but 720 fits in 768)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
mpc settings while playing the file:

touch window from inside (dot)
aspect ratio (check mark)

now your video should be looking something like a widescreen movie.. only the sides are touching the ends while the there's a space on top and bottom.. a letter box.

use pan&scan to increase height until it touches all 4 corners of your screen.
only use increase height.. DO NOT use increase size.

or use the pan&scan again.. and use zoom 0.3-3.0.. 1.000 and 1.0900 respectively.. >,>

I actually lost my good settings trying to fiddle with what I did with mpc.. T__T
when I use touch window from inside it simply cuts the top and the bottom of the video
fo example:
With it I can't see the Hiragana/Kanji of the karaoke, as well as the english lyrics

it's not resizing at all

anyway
thanks for the help guys

but I think my old video card is the one to blame heheehe
__________________
[]'s from Ace

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2006-11-04 at 10:36.
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 14:01   Link #117
kauldron26
Med Student
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 30
so is this a story of the week thing?? ala kino no tabi or mushishi, because thats not my thing... overarching stories always have room for character development and catharsis...
__________________
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 23:59   Link #118
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I don't disagree. But please note that "has room" doesn't mean "will deliver." In fact, its my opinion that overarching stories have more potential to fall flat on their faces with regard to character development and catharsis.

Besides, I dont think Bartender will only have one/two recurring characters to follow. There seems to be a cast of main characters.

I personally enjoy episodic story-to-story shows. 25 minutes is all that is neccesary for character development of minor characters. They get developed within the framework of the story. Thats more than enough for me IMO. And as you follow the series, the main characters get more development as you observe them being exposed to those 'stories'.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 00:18   Link #119
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
I think the episodic nature of the show also helps in exuding that relaxing atmosphere. Drink, reflect and then forget. It seems to fit.

Eventually, I'm sure once the series reaches a certain point, all the separate events will look more interconnected as a whole.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 04:30   Link #120
Baby-D
Baby timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonaheidern View Post
Hi any tips on getting the subtitles out of the mkv file so I can mux them in Xvid4PSP and watch the episode on my PSP in PMP format or avi format?

Thanks
We hardcode our subs. It's in MKV because of the x264 codec which has to be 'hacked' into avi.
Baby-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.