AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-01, 09:11   Link #1
Deathwind

newbie here

hello I'm new to the whole anime thing and was wondering what's the best thing to watch to get into it? Can it please be something unlicensed and that is downlaodable on this site. Thanks
Old 2006-10-01, 09:44   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwind
hello I'm new to the whole anime thing and was wondering what's the best thing to watch to get into it? Can it please be something unlicensed and that is downlaodable on this site. Thanks
It would help if you gave an idea of what you enjoy. List the shows you have watched and what you have enjoyed. If you haven't watched that much anime then list the sort of TV or movies you like.

Otherwise the suggestions will really only be series we have enjoyed and therefore may not be suited to your tastes.
Old 2006-10-01, 09:56   Link #3
Deathwind

I haven't really watched any, I suppose DBZ a few years ago, but I never like watched them in any order or followed the story properly. I'm into fantasy/sci-fi films, and anything with lots of action is good aswell. I really enjoyed FF7 Advent Children if that's any help.
Old 2006-10-01, 11:06   Link #4
MamoruUsagi

Do you like romance? There's a lot of great series where the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series and gets married.

Fushigi Yuugi is 18 volumes, the manga is a lot better than the anime. The manga is 18 volumes and is wonderful, the anime only goes up to volume 13. The manga is really, really great, but the anime takes out a lot of the wonderful storyline. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, get married and have a child. The series is wonderful, romantic and great. I recommend the Fushigi Yugi manga.

Mars is a manga is really good and mature. The series deals with sex, rape, dating, romance, engagement and more. The couple gets together early on and dates during the series.

Ayashi no Ceres (Manga) The manga is good. The anime takes out so much of the storyline. The anime takes out some of volume 1, some of volume 2, some of volume 3, all of volume 6, all of volume 7, a lot of volume 8, almost all of volume 9, almost all of volume 10, a lot of volume 11, etc. The manga is really good. Their are many tasteful sex scenes.

Marmalade Boy, the anime is 76 episodes, the manga is 8 volumes. The series is really good.

Kare First Love is a romance manga series where the couple are boyfriend and girlfriend early on in the seris and date during the series.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijoi (Kare Kano) is a different series from Kare First Love and is also good.

The Devil Does exist is a realistic romance series.

Wild Act is a sweet romance manga.

High School Debut is a great romance manga.

High School Debut is cool.

Bokura ga Ita

Happy Hustle High is a cute manga romance series.

Sailor Moon is 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, get married and have a child. They are the best couple ever and are dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series. Tuxedo Mask is a wonderful character. The story they share is wonderful. I was a fan of this series back in 1995.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-11-20 at 12:47.
Old 2006-10-01, 14:00   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Rozen maiden.

Yep, thats what you want to watch, Rozen maiden.
Old 2006-10-01, 14:01   Link #6
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwind
I haven't really watched any, I suppose DBZ a few years ago, but I never like watched them in any order or followed the story properly. I'm into fantasy/sci-fi films, and anything with lots of action is good aswell. I really enjoyed FF7 Advent Children if that's any help.
Most of the Fantasy and Sci-fi anime ( not film ) i know are licensed, so since you dont want to know what they are i wont tell you. Since you like action Why dont you try Hunter x Hunter? It has alot of action in it and its many people's favorite anime. Its first the TV series you have to watch and then the OVAs. Have fun.