AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-10-11, 03:45   Link #21
miko tian

aside from the crew, there's still the deal about what exactly One Piece is. i'm still convinced that it's not "treasure" in the literal sense, as the show seems to define treasure as "something valuable to you." while gol d. rogers might have been the richest, strongest, best, etc, im still convinced what he left behind wasn't riches, but rather an insane breakthrough that he found out (maybe something off the poneglyphs about why there had been no history for centuries?)

... but then why was he captured? somehow i think he turned himself in :\

luffy might go the same way as gol d. rogers, sadly

i'm leaning more towards "2," because i think luffy is going to fight shenk's crew at raftel if anything
Old 2006-10-13, 01:33   Link #22
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
The reason why luffy gives the same feeling...because they are related^^
Maybe grandfather? Just a thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko tian
aside from the crew, there's still the deal about what exactly One Piece is.
I still feel that it is the ultimate Poneglyph, the One Piece that explains it all and gives directions to the ultimate weapon. It could very well also be that ultimate weapon which can topple the WG.

Gol D. Rogers was executed as well as anyone related to him probably due to the similar circumstances as Ohara Island. He knew too much, and the WG could not take any chances that he divulged that information to anyone else.

I don't think Luffy will meet the same fate as Gol D. Rogers. So far, with all the people he's met, which includes a Princess to whole country (Vivi, who btw, is a nakama of his), Luffy can pretty much call upon a powerful army if he needs to. Besides, he will probably make many more powerful allies in the future. The end of One Piece will probably signify the end of the WG.

He could eventually pick up Gol D. Roger's crewmen or their decendents as well.
Old 2006-10-14, 09:16   Link #23
Monkey_D.Luffy17

why would Gol D. Roger want to jion luffy's crew,
if any reason is because they sense he will become
THE KING OF THE PIRATES
Monkey_D.Luffy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 00:02   Link #24
S_C_L-1

uhm, roger is DEAD
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 15:17   Link #25
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

So what is the whole point ofthis thread? Is this about Rogers crew and stuff? cause if it is...WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!?!?!we don't know WHERE THE HECK they are or what happened to them!!!wo yea...and the person who said that roger would join Luffy's crew.....he is DEAD FOR PETE SAKE!!!!have you watched One piece or even read the manga book latly?
Old 2006-10-16, 22:26   Link #26
S_C_L-1

read first posts much?
Old 2006-10-17, 13:59   Link #27
matsuno

A few things that are misconceptions I have to speak about. First is the Shichibukai are all just high Bounty Pirates who were willing to give up their crews to become non bounty men. No need of any worries against them, and able to deal with any "unworthy pirates" (such as what Hawkeye Mihawk did to Krieg's fleet).

Now we know this is not always followed too as Donquixote Doflamingo (the highest bounty weve seen in the series so far) while becoming one the Shichibukai, he returns to his old crew who are under Bellami, using his old Pirate mark and sailing under his ideals of the New Era and a world where dreaming pirates werent worth anything. For Disgracing his old mark, Doflamingo ends up killing Bellamy in a very quick and ruthless fashion.

As to the question of Roger's former crew, I think we need to identify who's crew Shanks and Buggy were part of when they were growing up. To become some of the main characters in this series, they cannot have simply been under some bum. And the the fact they know the Legendary White Beard is something else to speak of in itself.

But we can take this in two ways, either White Beard served under Gol D. Roger, and thus the strong ties to having the D. members in his crew (Ace D. Portugas and Marshall D. Teach to name the two we know of in the series, even though Teach has broken away from the WB pirates to establish the Blackbeard Pirates).

The other possibility is that he really was a simple rival pirate, someone who lost to Gol D. Roger, and likely treated like Luffy treats those he has beat (only Alveda and Buggy seem to hold a grudge against him, and the rest seem to of had an epiphany of sorts after their defeats). This would provide possibly some explanation to Whitebeard's medical issues, other than age. And would also further pursue his interest in the D name also.

Back to Shanks though, I feel as though it is more likely he never server with Whitebeard, their philosophies on how a crew is managed seem to far apart, and even looking at his newest crew mate (Rockstar), you can judge that he cares only for the most deserving to be part of his crew, not to have multiple ships like WB.

So my belief is that in actuallity both Buggy and Shanks at one time both served under Gol D Roger. This would explain much of their relation to him and their attitudes that seem reflective of roger's and Luffy's. Whats more, it would justify why he and Whitebeard have not been associated for so so long (the Marines make a special notice about the importance of not letting these two meet up).

Last thing I'd like to say is that when the crew meets Admiral Aokiji, He tells Luffy that he was one to Defeat his Grandfather (seeing as we only know of one possible defeat of Gol D Roger, when he was being taken into Custody, this may be the most direct link of Roger being Luffy's Grandfather). Whats more, with the way Luffy Challenged Aokoji, it may have been a similar sitution with him and Roger if they did fight. He would honor any conditions he agreed to before a fight.

P.S. Aokoji had his DF powers during the Robin flashback, so it would appear in the time of Roger, the DF powers were common.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 14:42   Link #28
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
read first posts much?
Jeez......you don'thave to be so mean!!!!
Old 2006-10-17, 17:45   Link #29
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Grand Line was like that all the time probably (or at least since Pirate Age) so DF there are common things (compared to other seas)

I don't think that Luffy ever knew Roger, and he seemed moved while his grandpa was mention so I'd say that they can't be the same person... I'd say that if D is past on in bloodline than Roger would be his uncle
we still know not much about D, except that they surly have some similarities in character (as following dreams)

I am not sure why Shanks couldn't change his capitan few times before becoming one, and the reason for it... how the hell Buggy could be in Roger's crew? he's too weak and even so someone as nice as Roger stealing map and DF shouldn't be something to trow someone from his crew (and I think that Roger was already dead when Shanks become pirate)
Old 2006-10-17, 18:26   Link #30
matsuno

well obviously Luffy didnt know Roger, as he is 17 and Roger was killed 22 years ago. But one doesnt need to know their relative to know who their relative is (my Grandfather died before I was born, but if I met a man who said he kicked his ass as a greeting, it would probly make me more than just think WTF).

As to the Shanks issue, Shanks is 37 right now, and taking off the time since Roger's death, at 15 he could easily have served as an apprentice for a few years on Roger's ship. While I do agree that Buggy may not be the most ideal candidate, but taking away his shortcomings, he is one of the stronger DF users we have seen up to this point in the series, as he used only those powers like Luffy uses his own. And the fact is, Luffy and Buggy are great contrasting characters to compare against each other. Whats more, having him follow Luffy to the grandline with his crew as it is, means that his crew is far beyond the level of Kreig's.
Old 2006-10-18, 16:36   Link #31
Wolcik

we know now who Luffy's Grandpa was... it wasn't Roger :P

but I think that anybody that was in Roger's crew now is old and beyond catching his dream (all probably have been complited) and I don't see why Roger in the last years of his journay (as he was already Pirate King) would take new blood, since he probably wanted to start Pirate Age so why he would bless somebody with Pirate dreem sooner and more personaly
Old 2006-10-18, 23:21   Link #32
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
we know now who Luffy's Grandpa was... it wasn't Roger :P

but I think that anybody that was in Roger's crew now is old and beyond catching his dream (all probably have been complited) and I don't see why Roger in the last years of his journay (as he was already Pirate King) would take new blood, since he probably wanted to start Pirate Age so why he would bless somebody with Pirate dreem sooner and more personaly
My post was written before the new chapter spoilers and such, but we only know of one of his grandfathers, not both. So ruling out goldroger can't be done just yet.

Whats more, the most direct link we have to saying that people of Roger's Crew could live on is in having White Beard exist. He fought evenly with Roger, and is still one of the great threat's of the world. So large in fact that the world government constantly monitors his actions.

As to why he would possibly take on anyone after becoming Pirate King. Well, for one, we dont know how long he was Pirate King for. Did he get executed soon after starting to be called it (a likely possibility based on the World Government's track record). And whats to limit him from having young people on his ship before then? No possible way in hell he'd like a kid enough to let him come along and learn the ropes?

Last edited by matsuno; 2006-10-19 at 01:42.
Old 2006-10-19, 08:31   Link #33
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
My post was written before the new chapter spoilers and such, but we only know of one of his grandfathers, not both. So ruling out goldroger can't be done just yet.

Whats more, the most direct link we have to saying that people of Roger's Crew could live on is in having White Beard exist. He fought evenly with Roger, and is still one of the great threat's of the world. So large in fact that the world government constantly monitors his actions.

As to why he would possibly take on anyone after becoming Pirate King. Well, for one, we dont know how long he was Pirate King for. Did he get executed soon after starting to be called it (a likely possibility based on the World Government's track record). And whats to limit him from having young people on his ship before then? No possible way in hell he'd like a kid enough to let him come along and learn the ropes?
well that's true but if everybody is connected to Roger than it would be just too easy

but Shanks visitng Luffy's insland because his former capitan had a grandsons there wouldn't be soo dumb, but than again he didn't come there for 10 years (at least I think that he didn't)

I think that Shanks is one of the Shikabuki(sp?) and he spend those 10 years sailing deep into Grandline
Old 2006-10-19, 09:09   Link #34
S_C_L-1

Shanks? a shichibukai?

no...
Old 2006-10-19, 13:23   Link #35
matsuno

It was already stated that the Shichibukai had to leave their crews as part of being named to the group. Its why Crocodile, Doflamingo, Mihawk and the other one have all been seen alone at this point in time.

Its actually the od part to me that Blackbeard would aim at getting such a posiion, after just acqiring such a strong crew that he seems to genuinely like.
Old 2006-10-22, 22:43   Link #36
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
It was already stated that the Shichibukai had to leave their crews as part of being named to the group. Its why Crocodile, Doflamingo, Mihawk and the other one have all been seen alone at this point in time.

Its actually the od part to me that Blackbeard would aim at getting such a posiion, after just acqiring such a strong crew that he seems to genuinely like.
Yeah, but crocodile was a shichibukai too, and he commanded baroque works. And Doflamingo seems to be the leader of a few fleets of men himself. So even though they were told to do so I doubt most of them listened.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 22:47   Link #37
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Yeah, but crocodile was a shichibukai too, and he commanded baroque works. And Doflamingo seems to be the leader of a few fleets of men himself. So even though they were told to do so I doubt most of them listened.
Was stated in an SBS that if the World Government had known his role within Baroque Works, then Crocodile's former bounty would have doubled at least. It is also why they sent him to prison after capturing him. If they had known his role and didnt care, they certainly wouldnt of locked him up.

With that in mind, its likely that the WG has no idea about Doflamingo's involvement with his old crew.
Old 2006-10-23, 06:54   Link #38
modamer jahim

Spoiler for Chapter 431:

mabe the next chapter will be a big spoiler haha

Last edited by xris; 2006-10-23 at 13:33. Reason: Please use the spoiler tag if you are going to mention latest events from the manga
modamer jahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 07:17   Link #39
S_C_L-1

it wasnt said that he caught him, but that he chased after him alot (the same way smoker chases after Luffy)
Old 2006-10-23, 20:34   Link #40
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Was stated in an SBS that if the World Government had known his role within Baroque Works, then Crocodile's former bounty would have doubled at least. It is also why they sent him to prison after capturing him. If they had known his role and didnt care, they certainly wouldnt of locked him up.

With that in mind, its likely that the WG has no idea about Doflamingo's involvement with his old crew.
Thats not what I was arguing. I said I doubt the shichibukai care about following the world governments rule, it they're still commanding armies such as baroque works.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote