AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-10-23, 21:14   Link #41
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Thats not what I was arguing. I said I doubt the shichibukai care about following the world governments rule, it they're still commanding armies such as baroque works.
And I said that they had to give up their armies to be members of the Shichibukai, and as was shown, they are at the disposal of the Navy to be asked to meetings and such.

This does mean that they arent like marines in the sence of following other's orders per say, but that they have an ear to what the WG beckons, and wont outright deny the WG for possiblity of having their bounty reinstated (technically what happened to Crocodile for his actions).
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 22:40   Link #42
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
And I said that they had to give up their armies to be members of the Shichibukai, and as was shown, they are at the disposal of the Navy to be asked to meetings and such.

This does mean that they arent like marines in the sence of following other's orders per say, but that they have an ear to what the WG beckons, and wont outright deny the WG for possiblity of having their bounty reinstated (technically what happened to Crocodile for his actions).
I don't think you understand that you're arguing with me, but we are both saying virtually the same thing.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 00:50   Link #43
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I don't think you understand that you're arguing with me, but we are both saying virtually the same thing.
Not quite, you are saying that they have active armies, and should be taken for granted. Im saying that no one knows that the two Shichibukai with ties to other groups even have those ties. It's the entire point of the argument.

Whats more, you seem to want to say that they seemingly all just kept their crews or something to that effect. The only one that seems to have done this is Doflamingo, and even among the Baroque Work Agents, no one save Robin knew Crocodile's role till the end of that arc. Which implies that it was so masterminded to not allert any suspicion to anyone, especially the marines.

So no, Shichibukai dont have leagues of men at their command, and no the Shichibukai don't go against the World Government, in fact they do what is most supportive of the world Government and their position seemingly.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 19:53   Link #44
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
Not quite, you are saying that they have active armies, and should be taken for granted. Im saying that no one knows that the two Shichibukai with ties to other groups even have those ties. It's the entire point of the argument.

Whats more, you seem to want to say that they seemingly all just kept their crews or something to that effect. The only one that seems to have done this is Doflamingo, and even among the Baroque Work Agents, no one save Robin knew Crocodile's role till the end of that arc. Which implies that it was so masterminded to not allert any suspicion to anyone, especially the marines.

So no, Shichibukai dont have leagues of men at their command, and no the Shichibukai don't go against the World Government, in fact they do what is most supportive of the world Government and their position seemingly.
My goodness, I never said any of that stuff. I was merely making a statement in regards to Crocodile and Doflamingo, the only two shichibukai we know of thus far who command men. Go through any of my statements and tell me where I said the shichibukai were going against the world government. And also, I never said that they kept their same crews. All I said is that some of them command men when they are not supposed to. Meaning that they don't always listen to what the world government says. If you payed attention at all to my posts instead of skimming through it you would know that.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 15:07   Link #45
Half Demon
Wanted D or A 300,000,000

well it doesnt make sense that gold roger was the strongest man on the world and he had the strongest crew and he was caught by the marine. Well if he had crew they would have come might have save him.. but non of his crew or ecen single companion didnt show up>>> Why????

Why wasnt he saved by his crew?

Did the crew betray him?
Half Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 16:23   Link #46
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Has anybody taken "Hawkeye's" Mihawk into consideration?. I mean why wouldn't the "Greatest Swordsman in the World" be at Gold Roger's side?.

If anyone is from Gold Roger's crew it would be someone of high staus and power like a Mihawk.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 16:41   Link #47
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Has anybody taken "Hawkeye's" Mihawk into consideration?. I mean why wouldn't the "Greatest Swordsman in the World" be at Gold Roger's side?.
i suggested that before and also suggested that Dragon was roger's navigator
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 17:12   Link #48
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post

If anyone is from Gold Roger's crew it would be someone of high staus and power like a Mihawk.
You could say the same thing about whitebeard, "the strongest man in the world"... Not to mention that all of the schikibukai
Spoiler:
could be seen as having status and power similar to that of Mihawk... Unless you ARE saying that all of them were also a former crewmember of Roger's

Mihawk doesn't look that old, i'd wager he's about 30-40 years old, which puts him at a fairly young age 22 years ago... More then likely he wasn't the world's greatest swordsman back then and might have been fairly easy (well compared to taking down roger =P) to kill if the marines really wanted to...

Considering how Tom, builder of the Oro Jackson but not a crew member, was killed over his association with Roger, i'd say that most of Roger's crew was hunted down and executed by the marines... the only ones that would be alive today are those that managed to escape initally and are damn good at staying hidden... Mihawk i think, 22 years ago, would have been killed if he had such a relationship with roger; afterall, if roger the pirate king could be beaten, than so could have Mihawk

Also, certain relationships, such as characters like Mihawk or whitebeard being crewmembers of roger, are things i think would have been mentioned when the characters were first introduced... unless ofcourse those relationships are not common knowledge and are only known by the characters themselves.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-10-27 at 18:31.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 18:04   Link #49
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
You could say the same thing about whitebeard, "the strongest man in the world"... Not to mention that all of the schikibukai and the 4 Emperors could be seen as having status and power similar to that of Mihawk... Unless you ARE saying that all of them were also a former crewmember of Roger's
No, Whitebeard is the "strongest man in the world" for the very reason that he was able to TIE Gold Roger in a fight, not because he was one of his crew members. Oh and name me other characters from Shichibukai or the four Emperors who have titles pertaining to their physical might like a Mihawk or Whitebeard.

Quote:
Mihawk doesn't look that old, i'd wager he's about 30-40 years old, which puts him at a fairly young age 22 years ago... More then likely he wasn't the world's greatest swordsman back then and might have been fairly easy (well compared to taking down roger =P) to kill if the marines really wanted to...
Pure speculation, No information is released about Mihawk, only stating his title. The rest has yet to be revealed.

Quote:
Considering how Tom, builder of the Oro Jackson but not a crew member, was killed over his association with Roger, i'd say that most of Roger's crew was hunted down and executed by the marines... the only ones that would be alive today are those that managed to escape initally and are damn good at staying hidden... Mihawk i think, 22 years ago, would have been killed if he had such a relationship with roger; afterall, if roger the pirate king could be beaten, than so could have Mihawk
Why would the Governemnt of all people kill a crew member of Roger's when they could try and use their knowlwedge and power for their aid, ala Hawkeye Mihawk.

Quote:
Also, certain relationships, such as characters like Mihawk or whitebeard being crewmembers of roger, are things i think would have been mentioned when the characters were first introduced... unless ofcourse those relationships are not common knowledge and are only known by the characters themselves.
Who said Whitebeard was a crew member of Gold Roger's when he tied Gold Roger in a fight. Why would Oda have to mention Mihawk being a former member of Gold Roger's crew when he didn't even reveal his bounty or any heavy info on him yet, Hell, I must of missed Oda stating that Dragon was Luffy's dad the first time we met him in Logue Town

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2006-10-27 at 18:19.
Old 2006-10-27, 18:20   Link #50
airsBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
actually i think i said it before, but even after hunting Tom-san since he provided them with sea train and could be help for them they kept him alive (well the accident with Spandam is what caused his death not roger accident), so if 1 of Roger's crew would work for them and if he someone with a name that can scared other.. i think they would accept him. (well it is better than him/them starting a new pirates crew)

umm... zoro's age is 19 ... Luffy's 17
i don't think age have anything to do with strength, if zoro defeat Mihawh after 1 or 2 years he would be still the world strongest swordsman and he is so young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Demon View Post
well it doesnt make sense that gold roger was the strongest man on the world and he had the strongest crew and he was caught by the marine. Well if he had crew they would have come might have save him.. but non of his crew or ecen single companion didnt show up>>> Why????

Why wasnt he saved by his crew?

Did the crew betray him?
well i don't think the marines captured him, i think he acted like being captured.
and he asked his crew after disbanding them to do something for him, then he fall on the marines hand or whatever they did to capture him, so they didn't rescued him because he asked them to leave him.

the other explanation, he had a jerk crew that betrayed him and left him to die ... and i don't think that what happen since most of the people who met him so nice and mentioned him in a good way ....
wel he have 1 black point in my opinion.. when he visited Skypie he could have rang the bell and ended the war but he didn't .. i still don't know why . (maybe because no one asked him ??)
Old 2006-10-27, 18:30   Link #51
Slayerx

Oi, Phenomenal, we both gotta double check our posts a bit... this IS a non-manga thread... so Spoilers and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
No, Whitebeard is the "strongest man in the world" for the very reason that he was able to TIE Gold Roger in a fight, not because he was one of his crew members. Oh and name me other characters from Shichibukai or the four Emperors who have titles pertaining to their physical might like a Mihawk or Whitebeard.
Spoiler for manga:

As for the shichibukai... "Strongest swordsman", does not nessasarily mean "second only to Whitebeard"... the other shichibukai could very well be as powerful or even stronger than Mihawk, unless they are considered swordsman that is... One does not need to have a title in order to be stronger than someone else

Quote:
Why would the Governemnt of all people kill a crew member of Roger's when they could try and use their knowlwedge and power for their aid, ala a Hawkeye Mihawk.
Ha, it certainly didn't stop the gov't from executing Tom...
In the long run, Tom's expert knowlege of building ships would have probably done wonders from the marine's naval power... Heh, they even postponed the execution so he could build the ever so useful seatrain; practically admitted that he could be very useful to them... but they killed him off anyway just because he was assoiciated with Roger... Mihawk would have probably been no different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
actually i think i said it before, but even after hunting Tom-san since he provided them with sea train and could be help for them they kept him alive (well the accident with Spandam is what caused his death not roger accident), so if 1 of Roger's crew would work for them and if he someone with a name that can scared other.. i think they would accept him. (well it is better than him/them starting a new pirates crew)
Yes, but in the end Tom was executed anyway... Sure they were on the verge of giving Tom a pardon until Spandam screwed things up; but that doesn't mean Tom was now suddenly useless to the gov't... Despite all of Tom's abilities, the gov't chose to still excute him even though they could have instead made full use of his expertise

Quote:
Who said Whitebeard was a crew member of Gold Roger's when he tied Gold Roger in a fight. Why would Oda have to mention Mihawk being a former member of Gold Roger's crew when he didn't even reveal his bounty or any heavy info on him yet,
Unless it was some kind of well kept secret, then i think it would be common knowldge by know that Mihawk was once part of Roger's crew... and if poeple did know that Mihawk was part of Roger's crew they would certainly mention it when they mention his reputation as the world's strongest swordsman...

The only reason why poeple (familier with mihawk's reputation, such a zoro) in one piece wouldn't mention it is if they didn't know... But i don't see why it would be a secret, being a former member of roger's crew would only add to the effective-ness of Mihawk as a Shichibukai

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2006-10-27, 19:05   Link #52
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:

As for the shichibukai... "Strongest swordsman", does not nessasarily mean "second only to Whitebeard"... the other shichibukai could very well be as powerful or even stronger than Mihawk, unless they are considered swordsman that is... One does not need to have a title in order to be stronger than someone else
The name "Four Emperors" is a status like the Admirals and Shichibukai. Mihawk is above Shanks in terms of Physical might. Whitebeard is above everyone in physical might, just because an emperor can rule over half of the grandline does not mean they are equal to Mihawk in terms of power, Shanks is a good example of this.

Mihawk and Whitebeard are the ONLY two characters mentioned so far with a title pertaining to their physical might. Right now they are on top of the food chain in terms of power.

Quote:
In the long run, Tom's expert knowlege of building ships would have probably done wonders from the marine's naval power... Heh, they even postponed the execution so he could build the ever so useful seatrain; practically admitted that he could be very useful to them... but they killed him off anyway just because he was assoiciated with Roger... Mihawk would have probably been no different...
Wrong, the accident with Spandam is what caused Tom's death, not being associated with Roger. He would have been alive still and the government would be using him if not for that incident. The Government would not just kill Mihawk they would use his power and status to put fear into other pirates.

Quote:
Unless it was some kind of well kept secret, then i think it would be common knowldge by know that Mihawk was once part of Roger's crew... and if poeple did know that Mihawk was part of Roger's crew they would certainly mention it when they mention his reputation as the world's strongest swordsman... The only reason why poeple (familier with mihawk's reputation, such a zoro) in one piece wouldn't mention it is if they didn't know... But i don't see why it would be a secret, being a former member of roger's crew would only add to the effective-ness of Mihawk as a Shichibukai
Not many characters that are mentioned have revealed what crews they are from as of yet. Not even a bounty or any type of heavy info is released on Mihawk. Hell, with your logic why not just show Luffy's family tree at the beginning of One Piece Their is something called suspense.

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
And Mihawk being a former crew member of Gold Roger being a secret known by the Government and higher up pirates. Mihawk has no reason to reveal anything in East Blue.
Old 2006-10-27, 19:06   Link #53
airsBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
actually didn't Spandam insist in taking Tom-san with him to investigate, even though the judge gave him that he still didn't judge him to death, at that time Spandam didn't care what tom-san abilities are and what he did or could do, he just wanted to blue print if the blue print didn't exist Tom-san would never got executed since that stupid Spandam wouldn't go after Tom-san like that...
(the judge was one his way to gave him burden for building the ship but he decided to protect iceburg and Franky instead of his life and ifu noticed inthe first trial when they accused him of building roger ship he didn't deny it but asked to give him time to revive water 7 by building the sea train)

and Even though those head of WG gave him permission to get the blue print, they don't know everything he did because they didn't allowed him to touch Iceburg since he was important to them and in the end he tried to kill Icuburg without their Acknowledge
Old 2006-10-27, 20:05   Link #54
Slayerx

Quote:
Mihawk is above Shanks in terms of Physical might. Whitebeard is above everyone in physical might, just because an emperor can rule over half of the grandline does not mean they are equal to Mihawk in terms of power, Shanks is a good example of this.

Mihawk and Whitebeard are the ONLY two characters mentioned so far with a title pertaining to their physical might. Right now they are on top of the food chain in terms of power.
Y'know, i can't help but find it a bit funny that you often boast about Shank's rivalry with Mihawk, and yet here it's almost like your saying that Mihawk could have been a member of roger's crew but not shanks... Y'know, even though shanks is possibly the second best swordsman... just saying is all...

And again... who the hell said that you need a "title" to be stronger than Mihawk... Mihawk's title may reflect on his strength, but it no one states that he is invinsible or second only to Whitebeard... it's very easy to believe that some of the characters that have yet to be reveled will have power equal to, or more powerful than Mihawk... (only thing we do know for sure, they won't be better swordsmen =P)

overall it doesn't really change the fact that they are all high ranking characters

Quote:
Wrong, the accident with Spandam is what caused Tom's death, not being associated with Roger. He would have been alive still and the government would be using him if not for that incident. The Government would not just kill Mihawk they would use his power and status to put fear into other pirates.
Not entirly correct... while indeed Tom's death is due to Spandam's interference, it doesn't really matter in this debate...

by building the seatrain, Tom was able to remove one crime and he chose the spandam's attack... thus Tom was sentenced to Death for his crime of assiing Gold Roger... HOWEVER, it's not like the gov't had no choice but to kill tom, the gov't didn't HAVE to execute him for his assitance of Gold roger... the gov't could have easily chosen to pardoned him for both spandam's framed attack and assiting Gold Roger, in order to make more use of Tom's abilities... instead of excuting him, they could have worked out a long lasting deal with Tom to make sure that much of his future work would go towards the benefit of the gov't... kinda like a life long community service kind of gig...

The gov't was just fine with killing off a powerful asset like Tom... Mihawk, probably wouldn't be much different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
actually didn't Spandam insist in taking Tom-san with him to investigate, even though the judge gave him that he still didn't judge him to death, at that time Spandam didn't care what tom-san abilities are and what he did or could do, he just wanted to blue print if the blue print didn't exist Tom-san would never got executed since that stupid Spandam wouldn't go after Tom-san like that...
Problem with this statement is that it was the judge who had final say on Tom's fate, not spandam, the judge did not consider the blueprints as a factor when setnecing Tom to death... in other words, Tom really was sentenced to death only for his crime of building the oro jackson, and nothing more...

The Blueprints were the reason for the conspiracy against Tom, but not the reason for Tom's overall setnecing...

This arguement would work very well if, for example, it were the case that the Judge was ordered by the five elder stars to give Tom a guilty verdict in order to search him for the blueprints... but again, this wasn't the case

Quote:
Hell, with your logic why not just show Luffy's family tree at the beginning of One Piece
and gain, there's that whole thing about common knowlegde and things that are secret... if the knowledge is not common or it's secret then there's no way it would be revealed right away... Luffy's family tree is a pretty closely kept secret that few know about... Since luffy doesn't like talking about his grandfather, he has no reason to reveal who he is... Ao kiji knows who Luffy's grandfther is aswell, but his identity was not important to the conversation and thus Ao kiji had no reason to reveal it then...

The same can not be said about Mihawk... Mihawk's reputation is common knowledge in the world. Anyone who knows the name Mihawk, know that he is the world's strongest swordsman. Anytime someone explains who mIhawk is they immediatly throw that fact in there in order to point out how strong he is... IF Mihawk was a member of Roger's crew, than poeple would announce that fact along with the strongest swrodsman line, when explaining who Mihawk is...

Quote:
And Mihawk being a former crew member of Gold Roger being a secret known by the Government and higher up pirates. Mihawk has no reason to reveal anything in East Blue.
why the hell would the gov't keep Mihawk's relationship to Gold Roger a secret... knowing that Mihawk was a former member of Roger's crew would only serve to make poeple fear him even more, thus making him even more effective as a shichibukai... if anything, the gov't would spread the word...
Old 2006-10-28, 01:54   Link #55
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Y'know, i can't help but find it a bit funny that you often boast about Shank's rivalry with Mihawk, and yet here it's almost like your saying that Mihawk could have been a member of roger's crew but not shanks... Y'know, even though shanks is possibly the second best swordsman... just saying is all...

And again... who the hell said that you need a "title" to be stronger than Mihawk... Mihawk's title may reflect on his strength, but it no one states that he is invinsible or second only to Whitebeard... it's very easy to believe that some of the characters that have yet to be reveled will have power equal to, or more powerful than Mihawk... (only thing we do know for sure, they won't be better swordsmen =P)

overall it doesn't really change the fact that they are all high ranking characters
Shanks and Buggy were on the same crew at the time, I am betting that Shanks came from Whitebeards crew (speculation). I never said Mihawk was invincible, Mihawk's Title shows that he is One of the world's top fighters and right now looks like his strength is behind that of Whitebeard. Hell, if Shanks an Emperor is close to a level of a Whitebeard That makes Hawkeye's even closer.

Quote:
Not entirly correct... while indeed Tom's death is due to Spandam's interference, it doesn't really matter in this debate...

by building the seatrain, Tom was able to remove one crime and he chose the spandam's attack... thus Tom was sentenced to Death for his crime of assiing Gold Roger... HOWEVER, it's not like the gov't had no choice but to kill tom, the gov't didn't HAVE to execute him for his assitance of Gold roger... the gov't could have easily chosen to pardoned him for both spandam's framed attack and assiting Gold Roger, in order to make more use of Tom's abilities... instead of excuting him, they could have worked out a long lasting deal with Tom to make sure that much of his future work would go towards the benefit of the gov't... kinda like a life long community service kind of gig... The gov't was just fine with killing off a powerful asset like Tom... Mihawk, probably wouldn't be much different...
The fact remains that The judge put him to death the governemnt got what they wanted out of Tom and so he was disposed of. Mihawk's services can be much greater than Tom's because of Mihawk's talents can be put to better use for a longer period. Unless you are saying the governemnt would let a power like Mihawk go to waste and not be used to help them.

Quote:
and gain, there's that whole thing about common knowlegde and things that are secret... if the knowledge is not common or it's secret then there's no way it would be revealed right away... Luffy's family tree is a pretty closely kept secret that few know about... Since luffy doesn't like talking about his grandfather, he has no reason to reveal who he is... Ao kiji knows who Luffy's grandfther is aswell, but his identity was not important to the conversation and thus Ao kiji had no reason to reveal it then... The same can not be said about Mihawk... Mihawk's reputation is common knowledge in the world. Anyone who knows the name Mihawk, know that he is the world's strongest swordsman. Anytime someone explains who mIhawk is they immediatly throw that fact in there in order to point out how strong he is... IF Mihawk was a member of Roger's crew, than poeple would announce that fact along with the strongest swrodsman line, when explaining who Mihawk is...
And, so.... Do you expect Mihawk to go around telling people what pirate crew he is from on the spot ? Hell how many times have we seen Mihawk throughout the series uh... twice at the most. All the higher ups know about Mihawk and they never said anything about the strongest swordsman in the Shichibukai meeting his presence was enough to be awed at. Mihawk's HEAVY and detailed background has yet to be revealed. Why do you think He says becoming pirate king is harder than surpassing himself! (and that is a compliment) you would think Mihawk knows something about that.

Quote:
why the hell would the gov't keep Mihawk's relationship to Gold Roger a secret... knowing that Mihawk was a former member of Roger's crew would only serve to make poeple fear him even more, thus making him even more effective as a shichibukai... if anything, the gov't would spread the word...
It probably is already known by all the high profile pirates and Governamnet it has yet to be announced because it is not important at the very FEW times we have seen Mihawk.
Old 2006-10-28, 03:58   Link #56
airsBlue

Quote:
Problem with this statement is that it was the judge who had final say on Tom's fate, not spandam, the judge did not consider the blueprints as a factor when setnecing Tom to death... in other words, Tom really was sentenced to death only for his crime of building the oro jackson, and nothing more...

The Blueprints were the reason for the conspiracy against Tom, but not the reason for Tom's overall setnecing...

This arguement would work very well if, for example, it were the case that the Judge was ordered by the five elder stars to give Tom a guilty verdict in order to search him for the blueprints... but again, this wasn't the case

The Judge own word:
-the charges have been changed
-for the crime of building the pirate king, gold roger's ship..
-shipwright tom will be escourted to Eneis lobby!! that is All ..

it was never death sentance it was Spandum that caused his death later and maybe Tom-san stil alive in imperial prison since no one said he was dead.

Quote:
The same can not be said about Mihawk... Mihawk's reputation is common knowledge in the world. Anyone who knows the name Mihawk, know that he is the world's strongest swordsman. Anytime someone explains who mIhawk is they immediatly throw that fact in there in order to point out how strong he is... IF Mihawk was a member of Roger's crew, than poeple would announce that fact along with the strongest swrodsman line, when explaining who Mihawk is...
when Mihawk appeared for the first time, the only mentioned him being the World greatest swordsman, they never mentioned him being a Shichibukai until later ... also they never mentioned his age
Old 2006-10-29, 16:19   Link #57
airsBlue

i am not sure about this conclusion but i think i have an evidence that roger was captured alone or was captured with very little number of his men ..
it is the time line of the water 7 and Tom-san story:
(i am not sure about this so u can correct me if i am wrong)

Present Time (after 22-23 since roger execution)
|
| (8 years before)
|
Tom-san got captured by the marines and was taken to Eneis lobby and franky got hit by the seatrain (14-15 years after roger execution)
|
| (7 years)
|
The Judge ship cam to water 7 and provide evidence that tom-san was the one that built roger ship, after they captured one of roger's crew and he confess (7-8 years)
|
| (7 to 8 years)
|
Roger Excuation (22 years ago)

- i don't know about this but the time between roger death and tom-san being judge for building roger ship is too long, even if u take Orhara Accident, unless they took that time to capture some of roger's crew
-i don't think they will need al that time just to get confession
- also if they took all that time to capture some weak member than i think the strong people either died or alive somewhere

and i know it is not enough proof but in chapter 100 in the manga, (the first appearance of Dragon )
he was mumbling some of Roger words. (i think it is a part of the will of D.)
Old 2006-11-05, 12:48   Link #58
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Does anyone else think that Chrocus from the Laboon story might have been Roger's doctor?
all the evidence from the episodes seem to point to it, even if there isnt much info.
At the end of ep63 he says:
'They might be the pirates weve been waiting for all this time', 'That man had a mysterious air about him'(<Luffy), 'Don't you think so', 'Roger...'
Old 2006-11-05, 14:37   Link #59
airsBlue

yeah .. it was suggested in the start of this topic

and i believe he is one of roger's crew.
Old 2006-11-05, 19:32   Link #60
Xefiris
Lord of bored!

Send a message via AIM to Xefiris Send a message via Yahoo to Xefiris
I'd really like to know why Shanks is so very well known. Even Mihawk knows him. Is he really powerful? Is he semi-powerful and very clever? I'm only on the animated series up to the Enies Lobby arc, so I wouldn't know if any of his abilities were revealed in the manga yet. He has been one of the big mysteries that kept me watching the series until I completely became obsessed with it. I know for one he doesn't have a Devil fruit ability because then he couldn't have saved young Luffy. He had to sacrifice his arm to save Luffy, but he probably didn't want to reveal what his true abilities were in front of the town's people and Luffy. What made him qualify to be a part of Gol D Roger's crew? If that is one possiblity of his past.
Xefiris is offline   Reply With Quote