AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-11-05, 21:59   Link #61
S_C_L-1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: in the whereabouts of Montreal, Quebec
Age: 26
it is possible that he got a DF ability AFTER saving Luffy.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 22:19   Link #62
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Does anyone else think that Chrocus from the Laboon story might have been Roger's doctor?
all the evidence from the episodes seem to point to it, even if there isnt much info.
At the end of ep63 he says:
'They might be the pirates weve been waiting for all this time', 'That man had a mysterious air about him'(<Luffy), 'Don't you think so', 'Roger...'
actually, looking back at the chapters... it seems like he's been hanging out at that lighthouse watching over Laboon for the past 50 years...

He does seem to have some kind of relationship with Roger, just not as a crew though... y'know kinda like how Gan Fall in skypeia had a relationship with roger... you don't need to be a member of a crew to end up having a relationship with the captain... though it does make ya wonder what kind of relationship they had...

Quote:
I'd really like to know why Shanks is so very well known. Even Mihawk knows him. Is he really powerful? Is he semi-powerful and very clever?
From the databooks, it's been said that both Shanks and Mihawk were once rivals in swordsmanship (hence Shanks lil' offer to fight when mihawk came to see him)... so that would just about make him one of the best, if not second best swordsman in the world...

also
Spoiler for manga:
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 22:30   Link #63
Xefiris
Lord of bored!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CO
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Xefiris Send a message via Yahoo to Xefiris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
actually, looking back at the chapters... it seems like he's been hanging out at that lighthouse watching over Laboon for the past 50 years...

He does seem to have some kind of relationship with Roger, just not as a crew though... y'know kinda like how Gan Fall in skypeia had a relationship with roger... you don't need to be a member of a crew to end up having a relationship with the captain... though it does make ya wonder what kind of relationship they had...


From the databooks, it's been said that both Shanks and Mihawk were once rivals in swordsmanship (hence Shanks lil' offer to fight when mihawk came to see him)... so that would just about make him one of the best, if not second best swordsman in the world...

also
Spoiler for manga:
Awesome! Thanks. This makes me more anxious to see the anime when it gets that far.

Quote:
it is possible that he got a DF ability AFTER saving Luffy.
Shanks having a DF ability would just seem lame to me.
Xefiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 00:34   Link #64
airsBlue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
actually, looking back at the chapters... it seems like he's been hanging out at that lighthouse watching over Laboon for the past 50 years...

He does seem to have some kind of relationship with Roger, just not as a crew though... y'know kinda like how Gan Fall in skypeia had a relationship with roger... you don't need to be a member of a crew to end up having a relationship with the captain... though it does make ya wonder what kind of relationship they had...


From the databooks, it's been said that both Shanks and Mihawk were once rivals in swordsmanship (hence Shanks lil' offer to fight when mihawk came to see him)... so that would just about make him one of the best, if not second best swordsman in the world...
umm.. yeah he said he was taking care for lupin for 50 years .. but he also said he joined a pirate ship over 20 or 22 years ago as their doctors
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 01:37   Link #65
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
umm.. yeah he said he was taking care for lupin for 50 years .. but he also said he joined a pirate ship over 20 or 22 years ago as their doctors
well it would have had to have been over 22 years ago... however, when i looked back at the chapters i didn't see him mention joining pirates 20 or so years ago to be their doctor (though i may have missed it)... only thing he mentioned about his doctoring other than for Laboon, was that he was a doctor aboard a ship for 2-3 years while staying in a place called mizaki... How long ago that was is unknown, but considering his age, it could have been from before he started watching over the lighthouse and laboon... considering how he cared for laboon, it seems odd that he would leave it alone for 2-3 years; though i guess it's not farfetch to think otherwise

grant it, we could always bring to question how old roger was when he was executed and how long his reign was... considering how young Aokiji appears to be despite being atleast 40 years old, it wouldn't be too farfetch to think that roger was about 50 when he died, and that he had been pirating for 30 years prior to that... meaning Crocus could have known(crew member) Roger from his early days, and just remained as a distant friend afterward when he settled down at the lighthouse...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 02:10   Link #66
Lst2touchdasky
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
I have my doubts that any of Roger's crew would still be alive. Fact is, marines managed to capture and execute Roger. Do you really think the crew of Gol d. roger, the only pirate crew to make it to the end of the grand line would abandon their captain? It is more likely that they fought to the death and Roger was the sole survivo. Further more if you look at Case of Tom, the world government is not ignorant, they know the people involved with roger and any one who has assisted roger wil be sentenced to death.
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 07:25   Link #67
diners13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
im sorry but could you tell me who is dragon and were does he appear???
diners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 07:27   Link #68
diners13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
well i think that all the crew of roger is dead cause if you think that tom was executed just because he made a ship all the crew must be killed moreover i think that robins mother had to do something with roger ....
diners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 08:11   Link #69
Climhazard
Funk Freed
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by diners13 View Post
im sorry but could you tell me who is dragon and were does he appear???
He appears in Loguetown.

manga spoilers:
Spoiler:


EDITED^^^
__________________
WTF!?!?

Last edited by Climhazard; 2006-11-07 at 08:07.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 09:41   Link #70
S_C_L-1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: in the whereabouts of Montreal, Quebec
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
He appears in Loguetown.

manga spoilers:
Spoiler:
erm

Spoiler:



and plz dont double-post diners13... just edit the damn thing instead...
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 12:24   Link #71
airsBlue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
well it would have had to have been over 22 years ago... however, when i looked back at the chapters i didn't see him mention joining pirates 20 or so years ago to be their doctor (though i may have missed it)... only thing he mentioned about his doctoring other than for Laboon, was that he was a doctor aboard a ship for 2-3 years while staying in a place called mizaki... How long ago that was is unknown, but considering his age, it could have been from before he started watching over the lighthouse and laboon... considering how he cared for laboon, it seems odd that he would leave it alone for 2-3 years; though i guess it's not farfetch to think otherwise

grant it, we could always bring to question how old roger was when he was executed and how long his reign was... considering how young Aokiji appears to be despite being atleast 40 years old, it wouldn't be too farfetch to think that roger was about 50 when he died, and that he had been pirating for 30 years prior to that... meaning Crocus could have known(crew member) Roger from his early days, and just remained as a distant friend afterward when he settled down at the lighthouse...

i read the manga .. actually i can't read Japanese, and i only have the translation in english it says as u said .. but u can't make sure unless u read the manga in Japanese because it could be some translation mistake ..

anyway he mentioned being a ship doctor in ep 63 between 5~6 min .. but it also be either anime edition or mistake .. so u need to make sure by reading the manga ... if u know Japanese


Actually i have question how many entrance exist for grandline ???

Spoiler:


i think there is one entrance for grandline unless u can cross calm belt, but if so then why don't the marines or WG close the enterance or control that entrance that's way they can prevent pirates from entering grandline ...
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 14:15   Link #72
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
anyway he mentioned being a ship doctor in ep 63 between 5~6 min .. but it also be either anime edition or mistake .. so u need to make sure by reading the manga ... if u know Japanese
nah, don't know japanese... and though there have been translation mistakes, i doubt they would make the mistake of mentioning 20 years... most mistakes tend to be more grammer and wording (such as when ao kiji spoke of Luffy's grandpa)... Did the anime say he worked on a ship 20 year ago, or just say for 2-3 years as the manga says?

Quote:
i think there is one entrance for grandline unless u can cross calm belt, but if so then why don't the marines or WG close the enterance or control that entrance that's way they can prevent pirates from entering grandline ...
I was actually thinking the exact same thing the other day, i just wasn't sure where to bring up the qustion (it's off topic here)... i mean they stationed smoker in louge town because it was a hot spot for east blue pirates heaidng to the grandline... it would make a lot of sence that they would place heavy guard over reverse mountian... They could place a marine base at the very base of each entrance and at the exit of the mountian, bascially making it impossible to get to the grandline without breaking through the marines (unless you use the calm belt)... they could even station a vice adrmil or close to that rank at each base...

Could possibly just be a bit of a plot hole...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 18:41   Link #73
matsuno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
^ Actually Im quite certain that placing Smoker in Loguetown was both because of his lazy attitude (so it keeps him motivated to do work since it is his hometown), but also because it would prove a good measure of pirates strength when they went to the Grandline.

Being the closest town to the Grandline in East Blue, any serious ship will stop there, and anyone strong enough to make a mark in the grandline will certainly make a mark there, so the Marines will for certain know someone is coming into the Grand Line that is more than the average.

What's more, those that avoid Loguetown will end up as one of two kinds. Those that are too weak and not worth the time of the marines, and those that are too strong and just dont need to worry about the provisions.

So with that in mind, Im sure that the Marines probly do have an established base at each town closest to Reverse Mountain from each of the Blues.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 20:12   Link #74
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno
Being the closest town to the Grandline in East Blue, any serious ship will stop there, and anyone strong enough to make a mark in the grandline will certainly make a mark there, so the Marines will for certain know someone is coming into the Grand Line that is more than the average.

What's more, those that avoid Loguetown will end up as one of two kinds. Those that are too weak and not worth the time of the marines, and those that are too strong and just dont need to worry about the provisions.

So with that in mind, Im sure that the Marines probly do have an established base at each town closest to Reverse Mountain from each of the Blues.
That's not a very good reasoning at all, it doesn't really escuse the logic of placing the base right at the foot of the mountain...
The marine base in lougetown is a rather minor one... smoker and tashagi are the only ones that can really fight, the rest are nothing but grunts... the secruity is rather low imo... heck that can been seen in how long it took them to find luffy and buggy (both of which hide themselves in a minor way)... a REAL base would have probably seen their ship before they even landed...

not to mention that i'm sure their are plenty of priates that bypassed louge town because they had already stocked up plenty before hand... No reason to stop for provisions if you already got em'... really there seems to be a rather huge margin of failure with simiply guarding the closest town instead of the base of the mountain

The marines have the reasources to place a serious base at each end of the mountian... a base complete with big walls, a nice array of cannons, and a big steel gate blocking entrance/exit from the mountain... give it a Vice adrmil and a few captains to guard it and you got something that no one under 50 or so million would be able to break through(as oppsed to 30 million)... most anyone that goes against it would probably fail... hell, Luffy has become strong and a huge threat to the marines, but had the mountian had a defence like this, luffy might have been stopped long ago... best to take down a pirate early when their weak, than to allow them to go to the grandline where with, extra time, they could grow stronger (just like luffy did)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 00:14   Link #75
airsBlue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
nah, don't know japanese... and though there have been translation mistakes, i doubt they would make the mistake of mentioning 20 years... most mistakes tend to be more grammer and wording (such as when ao kiji spoke of Luffy's grandpa)... Did the anime say he worked on a ship 20 year ago, or just say for 2-3 years as the manga says?
he said he worked a years ago in a ship for 2-3 years ... but he didn't say 20 yeas or 22 years od .. but
- the time roger stayed on grandline was 2-3 years before he got cought/ surrendered to the marines.
- if he left lapoon then i think he woud have left him before lapoon start hitting ridline with his head and before got grew that mush
- the way he talked like he was talking with roger was .. like someone who knew who he was talking with very well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I was actually thinking the exact same thing the other day, i just wasn't sure where to bring up the qustion (it's off topic here)... i mean they stationed smoker in louge town because it was a hot spot for east blue pirates heaidng to the grandline... it would make a lot of sence that they would place heavy guard over reverse mountian... They could place a marine base at the very base of each entrance and at the exit of the mountian, bascially making it impossible to get to the grandline without breaking through the marines (unless you use the calm belt)... they could even station a vice adrmil or close to that rank at each base...

Could possibly just be a bit of a plot hole...
umm..
luffy and buggy entered grandline almost at the same time ... but buggy wasn't there when luffy entered or the other way around ... even thought both of them entered from the same gate .. so maybe each ship get thrown to another place !!? so even thought there is only 1 entrance .. u got thrown to many places depend on the size of ur ship .. also didn't smoker follow after them ...

but then didn't Krokus say that all ship entering grandline start in this point ?? so in other word there should be only 1 place ...

so why didn't the marines build a base in that place ???

that's what i think ... they can't because someone destroy there ship once they enter grandline, that's why they start looking for a way to enter grandline through ..
Spoiler:

that's why i wrote this question in this threads ... what if Krokus and some other are protecting this place from the control of the marines .. like revolutionists and some of roger old crew ??
and maybe even lapoon ??
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 03:11   Link #76
matsuno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Well, if they have one side gauded, why guard the other way especially if you can't leave that way? It seems like this is a case.

So then you should also remember the main issue that happened when the Mugiwara entered the GL, they got ahold of a Lock post. Buggy and crew dont necessarily get one immediately, or one that will lead them to the same starting island either.

So there is a chance they will meet again somewhere, just when is the issue, if at all.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 04:52   Link #77
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
the time roger stayed on grandline was 2-3 years before he got cought/ surrendered to the marines.
This i do not re call being said...
I don't think how long Gold roger's reign was or anything like that was ever mentioned... i'd imagine he would have sailed the grandline for more than 2-3 years, i mean, that's an offly short reign for the pirate king...

Quote:
the way he talked like he was talking with roger was .. like someone who knew who he was talking with very well.
Tom and Gan fall both also got to know Roger, but neither of them were part of the crew... i don't really think Crocus was a member, but i wouldn't be very surpirsed if it turned out to be the case...


Quote:
that's what i think ... they can't because someone destroy there ship once they enter grandline, that's why they start looking for a way to enter grandline through ..
Or it could be they just do it out of convenence... it's bound to be alot faster to travel to the grandline that way instead of going all the way to reverse mountin and what-not...

Quote:
what if Krokus and some other are protecting this place from the control of the marines .. like revolutionists and some of roger old crew ??
and maybe even lapoon ??
Well we know that no one was guarding the entrance to the mountain in east blue... and when it comes to the exit, i think the marines would be more than cpapable to deal with crocus and lapoon if they really wanted a base there...

Quote:
luffy and buggy entered grandline almost at the same time ... but buggy wasn't there when luffy entered or the other way around ... even thought both of them entered from the same gate .. so maybe each ship get thrown to another place !!? so even thought there is only 1 entrance .. u got thrown to many places depend on the size of ur ship .. also didn't smoker follow after them ...
This could possibly be due to the difference in ship speed and navigation skills, plus i'm not sure how long of a trip there is between louge town and the mountain... Merry could be faster than buggie's ship, and if there's a long enough difference between lougetown and the mountain, than the merry might have been able to get a good lead on them... the same kinda goes for smoker, however it might have taken him a day or so to get a ship ready for him to go after them... the whole laboon thing only took place in like less than a day, so they would only need that much of a lead on buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno
Well, if they have one side gauded, why guard the other way especially if you can't leave that way? It seems like this is a case.
The reason to guard the exit aswell as the entrance is in the offchance someone breaks through the entrance... A pirate that breaks through the entrance will probably have been weaken from the fight, plus they will probably be off guard when they reach the bottom of the mountin... with the entranse base warning the exit base the pirates are coming, the exit base would be able to unleash hell the moment the pirates show up... hell if they wanted to they could have a heavy steel gate placed right at the very exit of the moutian, basically set up so the pirate ship will crash into it, possibly destorying it...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 06:38   Link #78
airsBlue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
This i do not re call being said...
I don't think how long Gold roger's reign was or anything like that was ever mentioned... i'd imagine he would have sailed the grandline for more than 2-3 years, i mean, that's an offly short reign for the pirate king...
yeah.. it was mentioned in the anime when luffy was in the lougetown, but i think it was a filler..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Tom and Gan fall both also got to know Roger, but neither of them were part of the crew... i don't really think Crocus was a member, but i wouldn't be very surpirsed if it turned out to be the case...
yeah.. but both of them never talked that way when mentioning roger... plus he sounded like he was talking with A ghost
also he said the pirates we where waiting for, right ? roger
he should have knew roger and not just a visit to talk like this .. also think of it like this: if he is in the start of grandline, then roger still haven't gained that reputation (he was a famous pirate but still) so for cracus to tak like that, he would have saw roger after roger became pirate king ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Or it could be they just do it out of convenence... it's bound to be alot faster to travel to the grandline that way instead of going all the way to reverse mountin and what-not...
actually come to think about it ... who built the entrance of grandline ???

Quote:
Or it could be they just do it out of convenence... it's bound to be alot faster to travel to the grandline that way instead of going all the way to reverse mountin and what-not...
actually there is another reason ... the size of the marines ships specially VA and Admirals ... so both of them wouldn't fit through the reverse mountain gate ..


and the reason way marines can't built fortess there .. is because there is no eternal pose for the enterance or even log pose that will point to it...

so
1- they can't use big ships
2- they can't get materials in order to built the fortess or supply it.
3- it will useless to use the HQ power to guard the entrance of the grandline from unkown pirates ... and leave the 4 great pirates playing alone in the New world
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 07:35   Link #79
S_C_L-1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: in the whereabouts of Montreal, Quebec
Age: 26
the entrance to the grand line is a natural occurance.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 15:42   Link #80
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well as for Crocus, latest chapters of the manga provide juts a tiny bit more support to the possibility...
Spoiler:

and speaking of the latest chapter...
Spoiler for manga:


Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
and the reason way marines can't built fortess there .. is because there is no eternal pose for the enterance or even log pose that will point to it...

so
1- they can't use big ships
2- they can't get materials in order to built the fortess or supply it.
3- it will useless to use the HQ power to guard the entrance of the grandline from unkown pirates ... and leave the 4 great pirates playing alone in the New world
1,2) they Don't really need an eternal pose for the exit of reverse mountain... their are two ways for the marines to get there... starting from one of the four other oceans they can use reverse mountain to get to the exit of the moutain... and second
[SPOILER]for larger ships, they can just use their method for crossing over the calm belt and just follow the along the shore of the redline[SPOILER]
They could get all the materials they need to build a base there

not to mention that neither of those reason escuse them from building a base at each entrance of the mountain...

3) It's not at all useless, serious bases at reverse mountain could have stopped what would become some very dangerous pirates... unless they are born in the grandline, all of the strongest pirates came one of the 4 seas and entered through reverse mountain... Shanks for one might not be one of the strongest pirates around if there was a strong enough base to stop him at reverse mountain, surely it would have been much easier to take down shanks back when he first took his crew into the grandline than it is now... And Luffy is another great example... Luffy is rising to become a serious powerhouse pirate, and may soon be one of the strongest... but a serious marine defence around reverse mountain could have definatly put an end to the strawhats adventures early on... a Marine defence around reverse mountain would probably do wonders to stopping future great pirates...

I also don't understand you last point... Building bases at reverse mountain wouldn't slow down the fight agianst the the biggest pirates... the marines do have quite a bit of resourses to use...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.