AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2014-08-15, 08:28   Link #1
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

BB Code List!

I have a request/proposition!

About two years ago, new BB codes were implanted. But when you go to the current BB codes list (at the bottom left of each sub forum) they are not there.
Tho the new BB thread OP states that the codes could be changed or removed all together. It's been two years since then. So imo I think they are working very good.

The current list: http://forums.animesuki.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
The new BB codes: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110486

I was wandering if you can update the current list with new BB codes? Or if that takes to much time (I know how RL can be "overbearing"). Simple make the new BB codes thread sticky?

Thank you!
Old 2014-08-15, 09:21   Link #2
Subpyro
Banned

In other words, you are requesting the relatively new BBCodes displayed in 2012 by NightWish to be included in the FAQ overall BBCodes table. Imho, two years and a half is quite a big interval of time, so the matter of them being set under the status of "still subject to change and possibly complete removal" sounds rather funny. Due to them most likely not posing any sort of threat if they were to be displayed elsewhere as well, you have my agreement and support. Since they exist and it doesn't appear like they will cease to do so any time soon, I see no reason why the FAQ couldn't be entirely accurate on what's accessible and what not.
Subpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 10:22   Link #3
monster

The fact that they could still be removed is why I'm still hesitant at using them. (Actually, I don't believe I ever used them.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 13:45   Link #4
Subpyro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The fact that they could still be removed is why I'm still hesitant at using them. (Actually, I don't believe I ever used them.)
Color me interested in knowing whether this was meant as a sarcastic post or not. If the time interval is as long as two years and a half, I believe the chance of removal of the BBCodes that were added later on is just as big as any other extra feature on the site/forums. Therefore, I see no reason why you should feel limited and in doubt whether to use them. Moreover, this just proves the point that the bold red text in the that sticky thread makes nothing else but users sceptical whether the features are okay to be used or not.

Since enough time has passed already, updating the FAQ with the further BBCode additions would be good so the section would be accurate on what can be used and accessed as of current. Furthermore, by removing the bold red text is the sticky thread, we could avoid possible unnecessary doubt that won't end any time soon if it hasn't in two years and a half.
Subpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 14:23   Link #5
monster

No, it's not sarcastic. The length of time makes it less likely, but not impossible.
Old 2014-08-15, 18:29   Link #6
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Does this mean the this new codes are probably here to stay now most likely?; since the spoiler button tells people to use one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, the new tags are here to stay, even if the implementation may be tweaked going forward.

In other news, I haven't had a chance to investigate/test the bug reported above, but hopefully we'll get the chance to look into that soon.
It just man in charge night wish as been really busy to do thid
Old 2014-08-15, 19:14   Link #7
monster

That's good to know. (I don't think NightWish has to do anything further.)
Old 2014-08-16, 01:19   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I thought I posted it somewhere... but I actually did fix the bug that was mentioned in that old thread. You'll notice the example in the thread is actually working now. It should now parse accents and multilingual content correctly and not crop it off.

But regarding the issue mentioned here... I think that BB Code List is generated by vBulletin automatically. But these new tags that were created aren't part of vBulletin's normal system due to the special way that they work. They're entered as BB Code in posts, but vBulletin doesn't keep track of them. So because of that, I'm not sure how easy it is to add it to the automatic FAQ list.

However, what we could do instead is just add a note at the very top of that list that says we have some special tags that are not included in this list, and have a link to access that extra list.

The other thing I would like to do is implement a button like we have for spoilers to go in the editor toolbars, except it would let you choose from any of the new functions. I'll have to look to see what is involved in that.