AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-08, 06:41   Link #21
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZLuisD View Post
Thanks for the first ep, but I noticed a lot of English spelling mistakes and typos in there (trining, insuficient, docrtine etc...). In fact there are so many that it is a real distraction.

Also this may just a personal thing but the coloured fonts and dropshadows didn't help.

Anyway, I realised I missed the dismembered cow the first time
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 11:17   Link #22
DBZLuisD

I'm sorry about that.
Here is the fix: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37054
DBZLuisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 14:05   Link #23
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

So ....hum;......*cough* this is a guy?

What a waste....... bah who knows,magic makes wonders these days.An unexpected change can always happen.
Old 2006-10-08, 16:27   Link #24
Sakuya
*Artist

That was disappointing. The OP song was average just like you said. Actually, it didn't really sound like Kajiura Yuki except for the chorus in the beginning.

As for the series, it reminds me of Sailor Moon only the animal and the main character are now guys. I think I will watch one more episode.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 20:44   Link #25
crystar
*yawns*

Just watched this. Uhh.. wow, I would of never realized the OP was by Yuki Kajiura if I didn't read this thread. Except for the beginning of it, the rest of the music was just dull.

As for the show, I would say it is bordering average. I'll continue with it though. It will take a lot to force me to drop a show. Thank you for the sub by the way, DBZLuisD. Even with the spelling errors and etc, as long as I get the gist of what they're saying everything is well.
Old 2006-10-10, 19:32   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I liked this rather more than I expected, based on the lukewarm response. I agree that Mokkun was one of the better familiars of recent vintage - very well done. Certainly enough there to keep me watching for now...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 11:53   Link #27
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Looks like its subbed (check Anidb). Does anyone have a summary. ANIDB usually has a little summary that gives you an idea of what the show is about, but there's nothing for this one.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 12:08   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Basically, the show is set in the Heian era. It centers on the 13 year-old grandson of Abeno Seimei, greatest of all the onmyou mystics. His grandfather wants him to follow in his footsteps, but the boy has serious difficulties in that he's lost the mytical abilities he had as a small child. A familiar appears to sort of give him a little push, and mayhem ensues... As I said, I liked it rather more than many here seemed to. Interesting subject, solid if not groundbreaking animation. We'll see.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 20:01   Link #29
leonaheidern

Thanks DBZLUIZ for subbing the spells. Not many groups do that even for manga(e.g. saiyuki manga).

Erm a little request can we have all the subs in 1 color? Its a little hard to read the subs in dark red text when the background is dark.
leonaheidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 17:39   Link #30
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

One thing I like about this show is the banter between Masahiro and Mokkun. The latter's seiyuu Junko Noda (Dio from Last Exile, Reki from Haibaine Renmei) is really earning her crust in ep 2 during these exchanges. She's the consummate pro with a distinctive androgenous voice. Interesting that ep 2 have very little action but a lot of humour, especially based around Mokkun's invisibility to non-onmyouji.
Old 2006-10-13, 17:50   Link #31
Jingjong

I'd imagine the biggest challenge in translating this would be the Buddhist mantras and such he chants as spells.
Jingjong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 11:28   Link #32
Lotiman

This show is interesting. It somehow reminds me of Inuyasha with almost similar setting. Youkei, japan in past era, hero wear red robe and onmyouji (Miroku in Inuyasha). DBZLUIZ did a great job subbing it but the red color subtitle is a bit difficult to read.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 18:46   Link #33
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Mehhh the grammar's STILL a mess on version 2. *sigh*
Old 2006-10-20, 18:59   Link #34
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Intresting show at least enough to watch a couple of more episodes. The animation was averge IMO but i think the story has potential. Anyone know how many episodes are slated for it.
Old 2006-10-23, 04:18   Link #35
NeoSam

I remember when this anime got announced, I have seen lots of japanese fangirls (in blogs) going pretty excited about the news, and when a manga based on the light novel started also many japanese fangirls got excited.

The shoujo light novel (which this anime is based on) seems to be getting good reviews 4/5 stars.

If someone thinks this is a shounen anime just because there's action in it, then you are no more than fooling yourself, this is an anime based on a light novel thats published under a label for girls, yes a shoujo(girl's) light novel.
Old 2006-10-23, 04:36   Link #36
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
I remember when this anime got announced, I have seen lots of japanese fangirls (in blogs) going pretty excited about the news, and when a manga based on the light novel started also many japanese fangirls got excited.

The shoujo light novel (which this anime is based on) seems to be getting good reviews 4/5 stars.

If someone thinks this is a shounen anime just because there's action in it, then you are no more than fooling yourself, this is an anime based on a light novel thats published under a label for girls, yes a shoujo(girl's) light novel.
I think from the first ep viewers might be fooled into thinking this'll be a shounen show. However from the second, and certainly the third it's pretty obvious this has a female audience in mind. I suspect as soon as some viewers see Masahiro and Guren holding hands they'll be out the door.

However it should be said that the action is done rather well. Somewhat better even than the 'actual' shounen offerings this season.

So far I'm enjoying it. It's solid fun and the voice acting is a treat. Though the show does seem to have something against livestock

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-10-23 at 04:47.
Old 2006-10-24, 22:19   Link #37
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
However it should be said that the action is done rather well. Somewhat better even than the 'actual' shounen offerings this season.
I'll take your word for it. Did anyone get the single for the OP released today? Does it sound better in its full length?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 07:31   Link #38
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Hmmm, will there be no more releases? :S
Old 2006-10-25, 12:50   Link #39
Rosepetal

I hope so! I liked the first episode.
Rosepetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 15:21   Link #40
Haruka-Kun

Somehow I have a feeling that there won't be anymore release. But I hope that I am wrong

It just that this series does not seem to have a huge fanbase and not that popular, so I fear that eps 1 is all we have Or the subber is taking a break. Well, I am watching the raw right now (understand about 1/10 of what they are saying ) but it better than nothing.
Haruka-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical, supernatural