AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-25, 18:17   Link #41
Sakuya
*Artist

I believe it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that another group is planning to sub this?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 16:53   Link #42
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ep 4 was particularly tense and confirmed the show's love of dismemberment. The ban-ban (sp?) creature was especially chilling. The cliffhanger had me wanting the next ep already as the preview shows more Guren action (yay!).

I hope more subs come out soon as this is shaping up to be an enjoyable show.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 00:57   Link #43
Rosepetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I believe it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that another group is planning to sub this?
I see that episode 1 just came out subbed by a group called Impetuosity Productions. Anybody checked out their version?

As soon as I have the time after the weekend, I'll have a look myself.
Rosepetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 05:24   Link #44
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Quote:
Yes, us.

We're finalising the notes for the first episode as a lot of the terms are re-used in later eps.
Old 2006-10-29, 12:17   Link #45
Mae-chan
Kunoichi

Send a message via AIM to Mae-chan Send a message via MSN to Mae-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Mae-chan
IP vs DBZLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosepetal View Post
I see that episode 1 just came out subbed by a group called Impetuosity Productions. Anybody checked out their version?

As soon as I have the time after the weekend, I'll have a look myself.
I watched the new release of episode 1. Its really good, except some translations were slightly different from the DBZLD one. I noticed that the IP group had a nicer text/coloring for the subs but didn't translate the chanting of the "attacks" >>; I really liked the translations of what he was saying, but like the DBZLD episode said "its old and odd japanese, so I translated to the best of my abilities." So I guess its an equal pull to either release.

This series has caught my attention :3 And I'm definetlly sticking with it as long as its being subbed XD;;
Mae-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 13:40   Link #46
Jingjong

Quote:
I watched the new release of episode 1. Its really good, except some translations were slightly different from the DBZLD one. I noticed that the IP group had a nicer text/coloring for the subs but didn't translate the chanting of the "attacks" >>; I really liked the translations of what he was saying, but like the DBZLD episode said "its old and odd japanese, so I translated to the best of my abilities." So I guess its an equal pull to either release
The problem is what he's saying isn't even Japanese, they're Buddhist mantras from Sanskrit that are meaningless.

For example one of the mantras he uses is here:

http://www.shingon.org/deities/jusanbutsu/dainichi.html
Jingjong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 00:37   Link #47
psiten

spell chants

The point with the spells is a very good one. In retrospect, it is rather distracting to have the subtitles disappear at that point. I'm afraid my early text based translations contained an unusual amount on onmyoujutsu spell text, and since I was making them to be read along with the original manga I got used to leaving them untranslated. In future episodes, and if I re-release Episode 1 as part of a batch torrent, it's my intention to transliterate the chants to the best of my ability.

Thank you for your comments.

Yours,
Skinner (IP)
psiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 23:16   Link #48
axeps2

enjoying the 1st few episodes(chinese subbed). Nothing very special or groundbreaking yet but simply enjoyable and pleasant.

And it seems I am the only one who like the opening video+song.

And what is this about the song being sung by Kajiura? Thought I saw on a blog somewhere its sung by somone caled Hikita Kaori. Or is that another alias?
axeps2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 23:38   Link #49
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeps2 View Post
And what is this about the song being sung by Kajiura? Thought I saw on a blog somewhere its sung by somone caled Hikita Kaori. Or is that another alias?
Kajiura Yuki is a famous composer and she composed the song. The musical portion that is.
Old 2006-11-03, 19:34   Link #50
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I think ep 5 is the best so far...

Spoiler:

Big thanks to Grv and Yoroshiku for ep 1. The notes are a godsend. Excellent work all round. Looking forward to the next episode(s). Hopefully this will encourage more interest in this show \o/.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-03 at 19:46.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 02:52   Link #51
axeps2

Quote:
Kajiura Yuki is a famous composer and she composed the song. The musical portion that is.
Oh i see.

And great work done by Yoroshiku.The notes were very helpful,especially to people who know zero about onmyouji and such.

Abit dissappointed when I saw that its h264+non_avi but yet no hardsub though. But still altogether a wonderful release. Hope more english-only fansub viewers will pick it up.

Last edited by axeps2; 2006-11-04 at 09:17.
axeps2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 23:20   Link #52
Sakuya
*Artist

Episode 2 is out by Yoroshiku! Thank you.
Old 2006-11-06, 03:22   Link #53
neko_chanz

In my opinion, the anime seems pretty interesting and the artwork is simply gorgeous. I wonder how long the series is going to last, maybe 26 eps?

By the way, does anybody know where to find the manga of Shonen Onmyoji(raw or translated)?
neko_chanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 18:36   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally i think were going to start seeing some action i was intrested but not very impressed by the first episode. The princess intrest me she can see spirits but she does nothing with that power
Old 2006-11-07, 17:39   Link #55
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien Send a message via Skype™ to Senien
This anime is really starting to spark my interest. The animation is quite good. On another note, does anyone have any background information on Abe no Seimei's shikigami?
Old 2006-11-07, 23:26   Link #56
Codex

Well, it looks like the classic four beasts (Suzaku, Byakko, Genbu and Seiryu) are there. Touda seems to be a mythical creature as well, although I can't seem to find much information on him (except for those relating to Yami no Matsuei, where the main character also appears to handle 12 shikigami).

As for episode 5,

Spoiler for episode 5:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 17:47   Link #57
DBZLuisD

DBZLuisD Fansubs anounce regarding Shounen Onmyouji

DBZLuisD Fansubs is now going to Sub the whole serie in HD in 720p and 810p (not 1080p) depending of the RAW

There's also going to be an SD version for does who thinks that HD is too much
DBZLuisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 18:25   Link #58
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

This series doesn't air in HD. It airs in SD. The 1280x720 and 1440x810 raws on share are upscales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_chanz View Post
By the way, does anybody know where to find the manga of Shonen Onmyoji(raw or translated)?
Shounen Onmyouji is based upon the novel by Yuuki Hikaru. There are also a number of drama CDs, which I haven't listened to but my translators have.
Old 2006-11-09, 19:54   Link #59
DBZLuisD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grv View Post
This series doesn't air in HD. It airs in SD. The 1280x720 and 1440x810 raws on share are upscales.
Aaaarg, you are right, i just checked.... i'm sorry
DBZLuisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 20:14   Link #60
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Don't worry about it, just don't be fooled ;p

Tags
historical, supernatural