AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-08, 11:20   Link #22621
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nanoha Used Car Dealership. RERISE!
Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
You don't get it itanshi, if Fate has a second house, it's because she is ジゴロさん!! *dixit Vivio*


Those sketches are priceless~
huh? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kan%C5%8D_Jigor%C5%8D

or did you mean gigolo?
__________________
For those that belittle their favorite characters, complain about pairings, complain about oversexed images. Stop, thank you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2010-01-08 at 11:32.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 11:37   Link #22622
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
yeah, cause nanoha cannot stand when her friends are morally wounded :P

and whats this about fate being killed off? i mean no, she's not actually killed off, she just has her own house and lives alone sometimes :P same thing right? (check stereo drama thread, cannon material here)
Egh I switched out mortally for mortal and forgot the t...Well, is was 4 a.m.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 11:54   Link #22623
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
or did you mean gigolo?
This one .

The joke is about Fate thinking about visit Caro and Erio on her day off, but then she get to greet all the children from the orphanage and it gets out of hand. Instead she goes to help Nanoha with Vivio and think how nice it's to come back and how she is happy right now with them (shiawase).
But then Vivio asks where Fate went and Nanoha explain to her that Fate too has a family (Erio+Caro). Vivio gets confused (presumably because she sees Fate as part of her family only) and therefore she calls her a gigolo .
幸せ~ 幸せ~

Edit : Sloppy summary is sloppy. Thanks Nagumo for pointing out those mistakes.
__________________

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2010-01-08 at 16:20.
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 15:57   Link #22624
Nagumo
Random Translator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Brunswick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
You don't get it itanshi, if Fate has a second house, it's because she is ジゴロさん!! *dixit Vivio*


Those sketches are priceless~

Narrator: A long awaited/rare day of rest. Now let's see what Fate-san's holiday plans are.

Fate: *Wow, it's so big/empty without anyone in it* I guess I should go and see how Erio and Caro are doing. *A little late though*

Fate: N? That reminds me, last time I went...
Fate: ERIO! CARO!

Fate: I caught the bad guy/criminal for you~!
Girl: G(ood) J(ob)
Caro: Whoa~! Amazing Fate-san~!

Caro: ... Huh?Fate-san, isn't this your day off?...
Fate: Yea. So I thought that I should go help you guys out at your jobs.
Erio: Please rest! *even if it's for a day, please take it easy*

Fate: Don't want to bother them again *though I did have a lot fun last time* Perhaps I'll go visit my family at Uminari city...

Lindy: Oh~! Fate welcome home!

Lindy: Well then, let's go full out~! (zenryoku zenkai demotenasuwayo-!) *Harlaown family, go forth!!*
Arf: * FAAAATEEE*
Kid1: Auntie Fate~!
Kid 2: Nee-chan~!
Amy: Fate-chan~! Wanna eat yakisoba (fried noodles?)
Fate: Fried noodles?!

Fate: I think I'll visit home when I have a longer vacation...
Narrator: And thus...

Nanoha: Welcome home Fate.
Fate: I'm home... Should I actually say that?
Narrator: In the end, she went to visit the Takamachi home/house.

Vivio: I think it's perfectly fine. Fate-mama has a room here too, so why don't you become a part of this family?
Fate: Um, well you see that's...

Nanoha: *Don't say that, Fate-mama has a place/house of her own, you know*
Vivio: *HUH!!!!?
Fate: *Thank you, I have a place to return to and lots of people to share smiles with. I have such a wonderful/happy life...*

Vivio: Wait, does that mean Fate-mama... is a gigolo? *one with her own place?*
Fate: What!?/NO!?/You're wrong!
Narrator: Happy~! Happy~!
__________________
I do not like Kansai-ben, but I do like Hayate-chan!
Also, Canadian here, not actually Japanese.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 16:15   Link #22625
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Narrator: A long awaited/rare day of rest. Now let's see what Fate-san's holiday plans are.
*skip*
Oh, so that was just a memory. I see, I see. Didn't recognized Lindy either orz. And the kids, are they Chrono and Amy ones? We don't get to see them much...
That's more clear now, thanks Nagumo for the complete translation m_m
I can't give cookies yet though (・ω・`)ごめんよ
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 16:24   Link #22626
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Well, that certainly clears up Fate's living arrangement issue that the movie sound stages presented. So Fate really is just a constant visitor to Nanoha's house.

Of course I'm sure many would debate the legitmacy of a gag comic.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 16:37   Link #22627
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, that certainly clears up Fate's living arrangement issue that the movie sound stages presented. So Fate really is just a constant visitor to Nanoha's house.

Of course I'm sure many would debate the legitmacy of a gag comic.
It also makes clear that from Fate pov Nanoha and Vivio are her family and that she is happy to spend her free time with them (option she choose over to visit the Harlaown familly) : ).
It also makes clear that Fate does have a room in Nanoha house and that from Vivio pov this time, as a member of her family, she should move with Nanoha and her.

Finally, the timeline of this comic is unknown. I presume it's pre-ViVid and by the time of ViVid manga, Fate may have already move full-time to the Takamachi house. But that's unsure, just an hypothesis.
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 16:44   Link #22628
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
It also makes clear that from Fate pov Nanoha and Vivio are her family and that she is happy to spend her free time with them (option she choose over to visit the Harlaown familly) : ).
It also makes clear that Fate does have a room in Nanoha house and that from Vivio pov this time, as a member of her family, she should move with Nanoha and her.
Well, she chose them over the Harlaowns because of how hectic the Harlaown household is, so she'd rather visit them when she has more free time.

That Fate considers Nanoha and Vivio family and they do the same has never been questioned. It's whether or not Nanoha and Fate are family because they're close like sisters or because they're married is what people keep bitching about
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 17:16   Link #22629
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, she chose them over the Harlaowns because of how hectic the Harlaown household is, so she'd rather visit them when she has more free time.
I agree. Nonetheless, the emphasis in this page is also on how much she likes to return (see Nanoha "okaeri") to the Takamachi house and how comfortable it's to her, despite Vivio's misunderstandings at times.
But then again, the whole point of this comic seems to torment Fate. It's a shame the previous pages were never scan nor translated ,_,... Maybe I should scan them if people are interested...


Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
That Fate considers Nanoha and Vivio family and they do the same has never been questioned. It's whether or not Nanoha and Fate are family because they're close like sisters or because they're married is what people keep bitching about
I wish this first sentence were true, but I remember many firm discussions that took place here to make that fact recognize by some people u_u'.
The last part made me smile. For now every fan should have the right to see their relation as he/she please...
...until the day Tsuzuki gets tired of trolling us ┐(-。ー')┌.
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 17:16   Link #22630
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: My own delusions of grandeur.
Age: 26
And the NanoXFate debate rages on...
__________________
Blank-Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 17:17   Link #22631
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
I see no rage between 00-Raiser and me there .
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 17:24   Link #22632
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Note how I merely pointed out the two sides of the debate and how I didn't say that one was right and the other was wrong.

Though I do make note of Fate's thought process. Knowing that she has a day off, her mind goes to 1.) Erio and Caro, 2.) The Harlaown house on Earth, and finally 3.) Nanoha's place. So there's an obvious heirachy going on here...
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 17:56   Link #22633
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Though I do make note of Fate's thought process. Knowing that she has a day off, her mind goes to 1.) Erio and Caro, 2.) The Harlaown house on Earth, and finally 3.) Nanoha's place. So there's an obvious heirachy going on here...
I see no hierarchy, only a succession of possibilities considered by Fate. We know she has a day off, which doesn't happen so often and then she decides to visit her distant family (distant in the sense they live far from her). Nanoha and Vivio living on Mid, she can seem them everyday when she is on base and as prove by ViVid, she does see them often.
Fate choose to stay with Nanoha and Vivio because she has not enough time (nor energy) to visit her distant family. Presumably, she doesn't see Erio/Caro and the Harlaown family too often, it's then normal that she wants to see them for once.
You can consider there's a hierarchy between Caro/Erio and the Harlaown family if you want (even if I think this is no way relevant), but it doesn't apply for the Takamachi family which is on another plan : close family (same here, speaking of distance).

On the other hand, if you want, one could easily consider that Fate prefers to stay on Mid' with her family rather that to take the pain to visit her other relatives, even when she finally gets a day off, and that would make for an all other hierarchy .
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 18:13   Link #22634
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I was refering more to the order in which she considered those possibilities. She went "I'll go visit Erio and Caro! Wait, I can't... Then I'll go visit mom! Wait, I better not. Well, I'll go to Nanoha's then!"

Of course this could mean absolutely nothing and can be explained by saying that's just how the comic is set up to flow
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 18:25   Link #22635
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I was refering more to the order in which she considered those possibilities. She went "I'll go visit Erio and Caro! Wait, I can't... Then I'll go visit mom! Wait, I better not. Well, I'll go to Nanoha's then!"
All of that coming from the fact that she usually can't see them and that is only natural that you want to visit the people you love when you get the chance to.
The problem is that you seem to imply that by considering to visit Caro and Elio first, Fate proves that she loves them over the Harlaown Family and the Takamachi one. I can only disagree with that. One should (and I'm pretty sure Fate does) love equally all the member of its family.
The order probably only goes from the people she gets to see the less often (or who need her the most when coming to Erio/Caro), to those she can see everyday.
My point is : no hierarchy here, only logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Of course this could mean absolutely nothing and can be explained by saying that's just how the comic is set up to flow
That works too .
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 18:29   Link #22636
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Well, no I didn't mean that shows she loves one over the others And yeah, what you say works, with Fate prefering to go see those she hasn't seen in a while. But it certainly shows that when Fate has a day off she doesn't just go "Ok, time to go see the wife and kid!" like a lot of people believe
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 18:47   Link #22637
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
But it certainly shows that when Fate has a day off she doesn't just go "Ok, time to go see the wife and kid!" like a lot of people believe
You can't really blame them if they are only familiar with ViVid though, because she doesn't seem to leave the Takamachi house too often (again, the timeline may be different).
But personally, I never thought Fate would cease to see the other members of her family, even if she moved to Nanoha's place. That would be strange and in complete contradiction with her character. She IS the kind of person to save children in the whole galaxy and take care of them afterward. So forget about her relatives? No way, no way~
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 18:52   Link #22638
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Quote:
That would be strange and in complete contradiction with her character. She IS the kind of person to save children in the whole galaxy and take care of them afterward. So forget about her relatives? No way, no way~
True, that wouldn't be Fate-like at all.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 19:01   Link #22639
Nagumo
Random Translator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Brunswick
Guys it's a gag comic. I think everyone is reading into a wee bit too closely.
__________________
I do not like Kansai-ben, but I do like Hayate-chan!
Also, Canadian here, not actually Japanese.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 19:02   Link #22640
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a cave
Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
What's with all the words in the image thread?
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.