AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-06-03, 02:28   Link #28321
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Now let's be fair. Some tsundere's aren't that bad.

Take Teana for example
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Let us amend, then:

Romantic tsunderes tend to be pretty detestable.
Dude. I like my tsunderes with guns. You can have one without the other but what's the point? ^^
Old 2011-06-03, 03:07   Link #28322
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Shana's tolerable because she's not in "Absolute Denial" about being affectionate to the guy. She protects him, actively gets jealous when other girls court him, and let's face it...

... she matured and grew out of the tsuntsun phase. That's character development for you.

Same with Teana. After Nanoha's "Beam of Talk-To-The-Finger *Pew-Pew*", Teana also developed.

The ones that are infuriating are the ones that remain in status quo for no sensible reason other than maintaining the status quo for the sake of maintaining the status quo. Character development in this case is essentially zero, which can easily lead to resentment.

The whole bloody concept of the tsundere is the DEVELOPMENT. If there is none, the designer of the character has failed to get the point of having a tsundere character. Bear in mind that development does NOT mean 100% deredere. That's extreme, and possible character derailment.

With that said...

Cheers.
Old 2011-06-03, 03:54   Link #28323
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

The witching hour here has come and gone, Archon Wing's assurances of pink beatdowns were unfulfilled and I am sorely disappoint. Am I not good enough for her or something? (Of course I'm not. But I'll get good enough, just you watch! From here on out. . .)

In the meantime, if I may:

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 06:17   Link #28324
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Another Dog Days crossover?
Old 2011-06-03, 06:38   Link #28325
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Another Dog Days crossover?
Considering Dog Days is written by the same guy that wrote Nanoha... why are you surprised?

But that smile... that smile... *shudders*
Old 2011-06-03, 08:13   Link #28326
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Considering Dog Days is written by the same guy that wrote Nanoha... why are you surprised?
I am not. Just wasn't sure what I saw...

Quote:
But that smile... that smile... *shudders*
It must be what Signum's raep face looks like. *slaughtered*
Old 2011-06-03, 08:32   Link #28327
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
It must be what Signum's raep face looks like. *slaughtered*
I wouldn't mind being raped by her.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 09:51   Link #28328
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I wouldn't mind being raped by her.
Neither do i xD!

About the Tsundere topic i agree that developement is important, if the character never experience any kind of growth for the sake of an eternal status quo it reach a point here it become just annoying(Shana 2nd Season was very close to hit that button with the entire "relationship reset" but fortunately the OVA's and novels are much, much better) Louise is a textbook example, any developement she gets is constantly rejected for the sake of the UST between her and Saito which turns pretty lame as the story progresses. Taiga is my favourite among the TsundeRies because she manage to grow out of the mold she started in and by the end of the season she's not the nicest person on earth but still one with a much more human behavior than in the beginning(it helps that this time the viewer was informed about the actual reasons that provoked said harsh behavior and worked on that). I also think Teana is a good example of Tsundere developement, much of her ranting comes with the pressure and insecurity she had over her own capacity and undertanding her virtues and limits and grow confident on her skills and decsisions take away most of the harsh elements of her personality ....unless Subaru is involved, of course xD!

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 12:16   Link #28329
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
The witching hour here has come and gone, Archon Wing's assurances of pink beatdowns were unfulfilled and I am sorely disappoint. Am I not good enough for her or something? (Of course I'm not. But I'll get good enough, just you watch! From here on out. . .)

I blame it on traffic.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:14   Link #28330
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Shana's tolerable because she's not in "Absolute Denial" about being affectionate to the guy. She protects him, actively gets jealous when other girls court him, and let's face it...

... she matured and grew out of the tsuntsun phase. That's character development for you.

Same with Teana. After Nanoha's "Beam of Talk-To-The-Finger *Pew-Pew*", Teana also developed.

The ones that are infuriating are the ones that remain in status quo for no sensible reason other than maintaining the status quo for the sake of maintaining the status quo. Character development in this case is essentially zero, which can easily lead to resentment.

The whole bloody concept of the tsundere is the DEVELOPMENT. If there is none, the designer of the character has failed to get the point of having a tsundere character. Bear in mind that development does NOT mean 100% deredere. That's extreme, and possible character derailment.
To me, development, or lack thereof, is secondary to the real reason I dislike tsunderes. Which is that I hate slavery. Isn't that how it too often goes? She can't admit she likes him, yet she wants to control every aspect of his life - so he's her "slave", for some reason.

It's not solely the fault of the tsundere, but she's the most noticeable in the pair of culprits. (It takes two: one to trample the other, and one to act like a carpet...)

I'm not asking for much, except an acknowledgement that the guy has every right and every reason to walk away from something like that, but that never happens.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:19   Link #28331
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not asking for much, except an acknowledgement that the guy has every right and every reason to walk away from something like that, but that never happens.
It do happen and are tsunderes that receive their comeupance for being assholes but that's another genre

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-03, 13:38   Link #28332
GonzoTheAnimeFan
Meh....

Well, Nanya did some posting of my motes, so I'm here to bring some more!

Spoiler for White Devil:

And one depicting one of my favorite girls from Nanoha
Spoiler for Guess Her Name:

Last edited by GonzoTheAnimeFan; 2011-06-03 at 13:40. Reason: Trying to figure out which code shows the picture
GonzoTheAnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:50   Link #28333
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheAnimeFan View Post
Spoiler for White Devil:
Apparently Signum and Nanoha somehow caught the Hinamizawa Syndrome xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-03, 15:00   Link #28334
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Apparently Signum and Nanoha somehow caught the Hinamizawa Syndrome xD!
Nah, we all know how that ends.
Old 2011-06-03, 15:16   Link #28335
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Nah, we all know how that ends.
Fate: Reuinite with your loving wife and daughter.

Old 2011-06-03, 15:30   Link #28336
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

What the ffff- did I just watch?
Old 2011-06-03, 15:31   Link #28337
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Those White Devil pics sure were scary. :/

These are some pictures I drew while having nothing else to do with my life. You can probably tell that I've been experimenting on different styles.

I was doodling and this was the result. The feathers were really hard but fun. It was quite refreshing to do something new.

I just wanted to draw Nanoha with a scar. After thinking about the flashback in StrikerS, I remembered that she was badly injured but in all the official artwork, she is flawless. I understand why they didn't give her a scar but I still wonder what she would look like if she did. So this was the result. I was experimenting with a new tool in SAI which explains the boldness of the drawing. I don't like it as much but it still came out good in my opinion.

I LOVE Seikou! I learned a little about cell animation coloring and I wanted to test it out. It took me two days to finish it but overall I'm quite happy with it. But her feet might be too small and her arms a little wide. Still, I'm not good with perspective (and I just realized I never colored in her shoes white).

Behind Seikou, Olivie is my close second despite the fact we hardly know anything about her. While surfing the net, I came across a medieval dress and an idea came to mind. First time I drew a dress like that so I was quite scared about how it would come out. I tried to lighten up her right eye to show that she has heterochromia but I guess it didn't work out well. Then again, she probably doesn't even look like Olivie...

I have absolutely NO IDEA why I drew this.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 15:37   Link #28338
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
What the ffff- did I just watch?
A very silly, out of context page of the most epic webcomic ever. Check it out if you have a lazy weekend and a lot of hours to kill coming up. Hint: it's murderously slow to start off and you will want to quit around page 30ish. Keep going. It gets much more interesting when the world starts ending.

Spoiler for Wello, Holkies:

Last edited by Arcc; 2011-06-03 at 16:10.
Old 2011-06-03, 18:54   Link #28339
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
@Alavon: Already commented on your pictures on AIM, and despite the problems I pointed out you did a great job

Spoiler for Now for something probably only I will like:

Page claim for Vivio/Yuuno

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2011-06-03 at 19:24.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 19:07   Link #28340
nemo1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
@Alavon: Already commented on your pictures on AIM, and despite the problems I pointed out you did a great job

Spoiler for Now for something probably only I will like:
Nanoha and Fate are going to kill him.
nemo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw