AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-01, 01:22   Link #1261
Outlaender
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Berlin
Hmm, I seem to remeber rampant speculation about Nanoha's death being foreshadowed because she happened to look melancholy in the ending to StrikerS. And, _nothing_ happened.

No need to get worked up yet, we've only got chapter 00. Give it some time for the doom and gloom to actually be worked up too.
Outlaender is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 03:08   Link #1262
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri View Post
Spoiler for foreshadooooow:
That sounds like a vow to me. Something one of the character (Touma I presume) would say receiving the Ring of Engagement presumably.
But if Tsuzuki actually planed to kill someone, he would better do it in the anime. And not just by mean of flash-back. He will have to bring it to screen fully if he doesn't want to greatly disappoint number of fans. Me at least >_>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri View Post
And yes, Hayate looks like she actually got older. And hardened. Quite something.
Isn't she gorgeous like that? ♥
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 03:35   Link #1263
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
^ It would be the greatest stunt to draw attention to the manga though. Also, it would increase the chances of it getting animated dramatically.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 04:04   Link #1264
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
^ It would be the greatest stunt to draw attention to the manga though. Also, it would increase the chances of it getting animated dramatically.
But until now the anime was never based on the manga. I mean, the manga usually feel the gap between two seasons or gives complementary informations, nothing more.
If a death was to occure in this manga, I don't think that would ever be animated. And if it was, the surprise/dramatic effect would already be ruined .
__________________

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2009-05-01 at 04:34.
Nina.Wolken is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 04:12   Link #1265
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
And if it was, the surprise/dramatic effect would already be ruined :eyebrow.:
You should try reading, and then watching One Piece. Yes, the surprise would be ruined, but the dramatic effect can still smack you in the face when done in full-color animation, voiced and with great music.

Though you have a point that so far Nanoha seems more intent on building on then animating what exists.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 06:22   Link #1266
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a cave
Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Okay. That seems really familiar from something but no matter how much I wrack my brains I can not figure it out. Was that from something specific or did you just mean that in general and I am losing it?
It's used in a ton of stuff in one form or another.
Off the top of my head I'm almost one hundred percent sure The Girl who Leapt Through Time has it and I'm pretty sure The Place Promised in Our Early Days has something like it but I'm know it's elsewhere too.

And with the very serious tone Force seems to be taking I wouldn't be surprised if we got an actual body count. Besides people keep complaining about the number of characters so...
TheShinySword is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 06:34   Link #1267
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Looks like Alto getting offed causing Vice to go on an epic killing spree is going to come true! 8D
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 06:38   Link #1268
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
I will risk a limb and say I would prefer someone from the pre-strikerS cast to be a part off that body count. Sure, they could take the easy route and kill of one or two of the numbers, but let's be honest, while we love them here on Animesuki, there are a lot of fans who can't even remember their names, much less have any emotional connection with them. Killing them of would be... cheap, and not really throw in a sense of danger.

I should note that, as much as I like her, I am also one of the few who thinks that Vita should have died on the Cradle. She was badly injured, struggling to stand and made that final blow against the reactor. It was the perfect scene give Vita a warrior's death, and would have increased the drama of the scene a thousand-fold.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 06:39   Link #1269
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
But until now the anime was never based on the manga. I mean, the manga usually feel the gap between two seasons or gives complementary informations, nothing more.
If a death was to occure in this manga, I don't think that would ever be animated. And if it was, the surprise/dramatic effect would already be ruined .
Well we will see in the next Force chapters... If they jump around there is a good chance of they make an Anime together with it and have it like the previous two manga did. But if they don't jump around I think there is a good chance of an anime adaptation of it (well they could make an anime after the events on it, but then they would to expend some time in flashbacks for the anime only people..).
__________________
chaosprophet is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 06:46   Link #1270
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Only reason why a pre-StrikerS toon might not get offed is that they have been absent for an entire season, offing them looks cheap to me.

Or they should be just practice equality and epically off as many as possible in the most varied of possibilities. I can see Lutecia, Caro, Erio, Alto, Vice, and Suzuka's deaths to be rather high on the list. Numbers can die rather easily, depending on how the plot progresses. Arisa might need a bit of work, but they could go Neena if they want. The Takamachi family needs a suicide bomb to go off in their cafe; its a perfect target for the radicals that Nanoha has devastated with her big guns. Makes for a nice emo arc when she is considering the costs of her station weighed against Vivio, the last surviving member in her family.

Genya pretty much dies in every timeline I've come up with. Ginga is iffy, but possible. Subaru might go, or might not... But it's gonna need work.

The capital of the Belka SAR should get nuked for real with a nova torpedo as the radicals dig up bigger and better weapons. Quick sudden and absolutely devastating deaths for half of the cast right there. Even allows for a lone knight to crawl out of the downed Storm Raider, stumble around a bit for the viewers to see what's left of New Antioch, then succumb to the radiation.

Lucino x Griffith when the Asura II blows up would be AWESOME. And let's not forget Hayate GARlock!

Oh let's finish off with Nanoha disappearing on her final mission, and Vivio is left to inherit the future. Whether her sanity is left intact is not the point. Yuuno leaving flowers on Nanoha's grave would be a fitting end to the series.

My only complaint is that I'd like to kill Fate off while giving birth, and there's no way I'm ever going to get that in mainstream canon. In it's place, I'd have her taking out the one who caused her mom to undertake the Yggdra experiment in the first place with a weapon using that system, then die as it overloads. Bit more epic, less emo, but more plausible.

Bottomline: no mecha ref should be complete without a nod to Tomino! And yes, I'm being perfectly serious here.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 07:22   Link #1271
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
(well they could make an anime after the events on it, but then they would to expend some time in flashbacks for the anime only people..).
7Arc don't care about those fellow, in StrikerS the message was already clear : if you want to know who are those new chara', just buy the lastest Megami.
Same if you want to have the whole story (like ep 14.5 or the like). Finally, if you want to give a bit of relief to everything, go to the Sound Stages. I don't even mention the various informations you can get in the magazines, or the cards that come with the DVD...
Really, they don't have to bother with flash-back .
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 07:44   Link #1272
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 07:56   Link #1273
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
^ All Hail Hayate! All Hail Hayate
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 07:57   Link #1274
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I will risk a limb and say I would prefer someone from the pre-strikerS cast to be a part off that body count. Sure, they could take the easy route and kill of one or two of the numbers, but let's be honest, while we love them here on Animesuki, there are a lot of fans who can't even remember their names, much less have any emotional connection with them. Killing them of would be... cheap, and not really throw in a sense of danger.

I should note that, as much as I like her, I am also one of the few who thinks that Vita should have died on the Cradle. She was badly injured, struggling to stand and made that final blow against the reactor. It was the perfect scene give Vita a warrior's death, and would have increased the drama of the scene a thousand-fold.
But Hayate's catch made me cry!

...Not that you don't have a very sound point. Body count of established characters definitely will ramp up the seriousness of the danger/tension.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 08:23   Link #1275
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
But Hayate's catch made me cry!
Now imagine Hayate catching a near-dead Vita, blowing out her final breath in Hayate's arms. The tears would become a waterfall of drama!
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 08:24   Link #1276
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
But Hayate's catch made me cry!

...Not that you don't have a very sound point. Body count of established characters definitely will ramp up the seriousness of the danger/tension.
As much as this could set things in motion (and FINALLY tells everyone that Tsuzuki is serious about making this serious), reactions from the Japanese (where everything matters) themselves are the ones that will seriously determine the end of things. Something that is considered an anti-popularity move (like killing Fate, for example) will cause too much of a storm, don't we think so?
kct is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 08:31   Link #1277
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Now imagine Hayate catching a near-dead Vita, blowing out her final breath in Hayate's arms. The tears would become a waterfall of drama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
As much as this could set things in motion (and FINALLY tells everyone that Tsuzuki is serious about making this serious), reactions from the Japanese (where everything matters) themselves are the ones that will seriously determine the end of things. Something that is considered an anti-popularity move (like killing Fate, for example) will cause too much of a storm, don't we think so?
Thusly they'd only kill someone top tier over there (of which I believe Fate and Vita are both members) during the grand finale of the whole series... though even then, the person in that tier most likely to die ever is Nanoha, but still only at the very end.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 08:50   Link #1278
arkxkra
全力全開
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Non-management 97th world
just finish read the Nanoha Force, just that few page -__-', abit too little, lol no wonder, the one I read is the chapter 00....

Abit interesting on the new character. Erm, did I see a tall(growth up) version of reinforce zwei, if she is maintain this form in whole Nanoha Force then will nice ^^. And finally, saw Hayate, but look quite serious lol, not bad. So this chapter is like saw nothing ...

Anyway looking forward to next chapter.
__________________

Last edited by arkxkra; 2009-05-01 at 09:21.
arkxkra is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 09:19   Link #1279
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In my imagination...
I read chapter 00 and...it was TOO short. Other than that, it was okay. When will chapter 1 come out? And...what IS going on? I've been gone a week and new characters appear? I smell faliure...
When will ViviD come out?
Alavon is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 10:06   Link #1280
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
I've been gone a week and new characters appear? I smell faliure...
When will ViviD come out?
Vivid will also have new characters.

May 31st.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.