AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2010-06-09, 00:12   Link #2141
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

It's only a matter of time...And will I buy them? Only time will tell...
Old 2010-06-09, 12:04   Link #2142
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

On second thought, with all those Yukarin and Nana CDs I'm getting, I'm tempted to get those CD holders. Except I'd have to get like 5 Nanoha for Yukarin and 3 Fate for Nana, so maybe not.... ._.;

So, Raiser, uhm.... What are your experiences with fees again? You're like the only Canadian I can poke easily unless I explore the rest of AS. Heaven forbid ;A;

I like how FedEx gives me their receipt. I hear nasty things about UPS, but I don't think I've gotten a package by them yet, though my parents have. I'm trying to remember the one or two packages that had to be picked up, but I think those were from the local post office.... ffff, the UPS store here is on my walk to and from school, so maybe I'll ask them stuff next week when I can go to school. -w-

I'm told there's a way to avoid crazy brokerage fees, but luckily all my Amazon stuff is done by FedEx and the ROD fee is only ~10.50$ now that I look back on the receipts. The nearest CBSA office is a 15 minute drive for me. Even on the worse shifts, I'd be able to manage that ROD fee in two week's of tips. >w<;

And so, I'm slowly becoming used to/okay with these crazy fees. Sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
It would be worth using one of those in public just to see the looks you'd get. :heh:
People tell me I'd get attention like "omg a female otaku!?" sort of way, which is boring. My hair gathers enough looks and whispers as it is. -w-;

And yes, Killy, I have respect for everyone. Then it slowly disappears if you do silly things. Gambling? Really? >:|

Edit for Killy:
UFUFUFUFUFUFUFU.

少し頭冷やそうか?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2010-06-09 at 12:29.
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 22:09   Link #2143
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
So, Raiser, uhm.... What are your experiences with fees again? You're like the only Canadian I can poke easily unless I explore the rest of AS. Heaven forbid ;A;
Ok, then. When buying DVDs from rightstuf.com typically if the order goes above $50 I get some sort of charge at the door, though not always. It's weird like that. Anyways, that's just shipping from the US using USPS.

I've never used FedEx, but I did get something from UPS once. I got her using a $50 gift card I won in a contest, so essentially I paid only for shipping. However when it came to the door it was FORTY-SIX DOLLARS! It was fucking ridiculous.

I use primarily Hobby Link Japan to order stuff from Japan, and it's where I get most of my figures and model kits. I never get charged for stuff from Japan at the door. The post man will just leave it on my porch and be on his way.

In summary:

Stuff from US: over $50, pay at door
Stuff from Japan: pay nothing upon arrival

Such was the case of my Nanoha movie 1st gashapon: the postman just left the package between the doors.

So here's the whole gang. As I said before I got 3 Barrier Jacket Nanohas, two casual Nanohas, and one casual Fate.

... Fate-chan looks so sad... you'd think she'd be happier being surrounded by Nanohas!

This is barrier jacket Nanoha in her default form.

This is barrier jacket Nanoha carrying the standard form of Raising Heart. This version of RH came with mouth-open-casual Nanoha.

This is barrier jacket Nanoha with her little wings. The wings came with mouth-closed-casual Nanoha.

This is mouth-open-casual Nanoha. As you can see she's got a big smile on her face and is the best looking figure in the set.

This is mouth-closed-casual Nanoha. There are several noticable manufacturing errors on her.

Here's poor Fate-chan with her 'please-befriend-me-now' expression on her face. She's holding a little Bardiche and I'm surprised I haven't lost the damn thing yet. He just sits on her hand, meaning he'll fall off with a slight breeze. He's already fallen to my floor and into my keyboard a few times...

And because I couldn't resist...

Fate came with an extra little piece that even I think is a great touch!

Spoiler:

Oh well. Not bad for my first gashapon.

Now to wait for my Actsta Teana to be released!
Old 2010-06-09, 22:44   Link #2144
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

@Raiser:
What do you expect? That's 5 Nanoha's trying to befriend her at the same time! I'm surprised she isn't a lotta scared too...But in all seriousness, I think the happy Fate is probably more intended for use of linking Nanoha and Fate together. Sad Feito is solo, as shown from her expression...

They look good for gashopans, though. I mean, you get a handful of them for a little over 20$. Only downside; there is a lot of chance for duplicates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
And yes, Killy, I have respect for everyone. Then it slowly disappears if you do silly things. Gambling? Really? >:|
At least it wasn't slot machines. Poker usually isn't something I come out a big loser in, but there is no avoiding it on occasion.
Old 2010-06-10, 17:09   Link #2145
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

I caved and ordered the Yuuno plushie. :P
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 20:46   Link #2146
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Yuuno plushie > Arf plushie

Except srsly that Yuuno is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. wwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I use primarily Hobby Link Japan to order stuff from Japan, and it's where I get most of my figures and model kits. I never get charged for stuff from Japan at the door. The post man will just leave it on my porch and be on his way.

In summary:

Stuff from US: over $50, pay at door
Stuff from Japan: pay nothing upon arrival
Stuff from Japan -> HLJ -> SAL? Hrm, thought you got a Shamal figyuu and had to use EMS and ended up going AHHHH I got charged a little. Or am I confusing you for someone else. *scratches head*

I'm never actually here when my figyuu and stuff arrive. Person who's here and takes the packages has shittier memory than I do, too. -w-;

Pretty sure when I used EMS for the PSP game from AmiAmi that the local post dropped it off. No idea what HobbySearch used for Fate nendo and Azunyan mug when I used EMS. FedEx'd the Azunyan mug, but dunno how much that cost in the end. I have no idea if the local post just dropped off my SAL'd plushies either....

Jeebus, I wish my dad actually told me shit instead of "Y EVERYTHING FROM JAPAN U WANT TO B JAPANESE!?!?!?!?!?" every bloody time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
At least it wasn't slot machines. Poker usually isn't something I come out a big loser in, but there is no avoiding it on occasion.:upset:
Tsk tsk.

Also, I'm no hellspawn. D:

少し頭冷やそうか?
Old 2010-06-10, 21:03   Link #2147
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
from Japan -> HLJ -> SAL? Hrm, thought you got a Shamal figyuu and had to use EMS and ended up going AHHHH I got charged a little. Or am I confusing you for someone else. *scratches head*
I forgot what happened with Shamal myself I went back in the thread and found my post. Yeah, I ordered figma Shamal from AmiAmi and shipped with EMS since it had a special discount. It arrived in a few days, but I had to pay at the door.

<< >> So what about scratch games? Are those ok?
Old 2010-06-14, 14:35   Link #2148
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

It wouldn't be Nanoha without it's weekly dosage of new merchandise~

Some drinks to wash down those cookies and curry

Colored versions of one of the nendo sets that will release. Pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

Nanoha ver. figure from banpresto. It's cute but that stance is likely to mean she will bend over time...

And last, but not least -- Feito ver. figure from banpresto. I really love these type of poses for Fate, since it just suits her really well.

Now to wonder wth is taking so long for the Alter and Cospa companies to release colored prototypes...By now they should of been up for pre-order and not far from their release date.
Old 2010-06-14, 15:23   Link #2149
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
<< >> So what about scratch games? Are those ok?
w-what.
Quote:
BARRIER JACKET SHAPED BOTTLES WHERE.

少し頭冷やそうか?
Old 2010-06-14, 16:04   Link #2150
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

"フェイトの中"

You devil!

It's only a matter of time...
Old 2010-06-14, 17:58   Link #2151
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
w-what.
Those scratch games like Bingo and Crossword they sell in convenience stores.
Old 2010-06-14, 18:04   Link #2152
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

The monopoly scratch off is one of my guilty pleasures.
Old 2010-06-14, 18:06   Link #2153
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I stick with Bingo and Crosswords I tend to break even most times I get them.

Any idea on prices for those banpresto figures, Demi?
Old 2010-06-14, 18:17   Link #2154
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

As usual, they're pretty expensive.

$160 if you buy the pair, but they're 100$ each separately. The puchi nendos I linked to are cheaper - at 42$.
Old 2010-06-14, 18:55   Link #2155
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Oh, thought maybe it might be cheaper I've gotten a high quality figure from Banpresto for only $20 before.
Old 2010-06-14, 19:00   Link #2156
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Banpresto released a whole ton of movie merch. at the same time. They were intended to be prizes for something, but somehow a few sites listed them up for sale...So that probably explains their price tag.
Old 2010-06-15, 00:05   Link #2157
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Sorry. When someone said scratch games I immediately went "what they have games where you scratch off their barrier jackets now?!??!"

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 00:45   Link #2158
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I find that strangely appealing.

Also, bind breaker.
Old 2010-06-15, 05:01   Link #2159
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
That just makes me laugh so much. Do they export that stuff? What kind of drink is it, anyhow?
Old 2010-06-15, 05:04   Link #2160
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Nanoha = Wheat tea, Fate = Red tea.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote