AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-11, 23:27   Link #2621
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Woah. I got her when she was 46% off.

Definitely worth getting so strike while the iron is hot!

*snaps up a Nozomi figure also 65% off*
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 18:21   Link #2622
motaku96
もたく
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Vivio brings great shame to the Takamachi family. How can she possibly go for that low?
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 18:24   Link #2623
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Well she was raised by a woman whose first role was in a porn game...
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 20:48   Link #2624
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well she was raised by a woman whose first role was in a porn game...
...and another one who spent her childhood being whipped and dressed in stripperific costumes.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 09:09   Link #2625
ShouTakuya
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
the GK FIGMA Nanoha Froce is up at YJA

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/152858463
__________________
.
ShouTakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 17:05   Link #2626
aers
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
That is a glorious FIGMA. I take it it's not getting a wide release?
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 00:11   Link #2627
Shiniduo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dozing off somewhere
It's only a GK meaning it's a garage kit(made by fellow fans like us) though there've been multiple cases that some figures started as a garage kit will get licenced by figure companies and will eventually get an official release.

And I hope GSC takes a liking to this GK and make an official release out of it
Shiniduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:50   Link #2628
ShouTakuya
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiniduo View Post
It's only a GK meaning it's a garage kit(made by fellow fans like us) though there've been multiple cases that some figures started as a garage kit will get licenced by figure companies and will eventually get an official release.

And I hope GSC takes a liking to this GK and make an official release out of it

Yup, I want GSC's ACTSTA ver of Nanoha figures more than the FIGMA of maxFactory
__________________
.
ShouTakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:09   Link #2629
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
If I wanted to buy the Nanoha movie on DVD, where would be a good place to order it online? I did some searching, and apparently there was a limited edition, and now a normal edition. But on some sites it's listed as Region 2, while other sites don't list region. Is there no Region 1 DVD of the movie? Will I have to use some software to unlock region coding? Or does VLC do that normally? (I'm on a PC with windows XP, but I'll probably be getting a new computer soon).
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 18:03   Link #2630
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
If I wanted to buy the Nanoha movie on DVD, where would be a good place to order it online? I did some searching, and apparently there was a limited edition, and now a normal edition. But on some sites it's listed as Region 2, while other sites don't list region. Is there no Region 1 DVD of the movie? Will I have to use some software to unlock region coding? Or does VLC do that normally? (I'm on a PC with windows XP, but I'll probably be getting a new computer soon).
Hmm... all I know is that if you get the Blu-ray version, it should be region free. Normally I would look at CDJapan but it seems to be out of stock. DVD wise, but computer software should be able to take care of the region issue.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 18:30   Link #2631
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Blu Ray Region A includes both the US and Japan, so it's not that it's region free.

If you're looking at a DVD that doesn't list a region (or says it's Region 0) then it's likely a bootleg.

Some computers can play stuff from other regions (my laptop can) but I don't know if this is universal. It's certainly a possibility, though. Don't use VLC. It's shit. Seriously.

Though personally I wouldn't see a point in getting a physical copy when I can't sit on my couch and watch it on my big TV.

In any case, you're looking at a $70-$85 price tag (for just the movie).

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19...ovie-43-9.html
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 18:34   Link #2632
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Blu Ray Region A includes both the US and Japan, so it's not that it's region free.

If you're looking at a DVD that doesn't list a region (or says it's Region 0) then it's likely a bootleg.

Some computers can play stuff from other regions (my laptop can) but I don't know if this is universal. It's certainly a possibility, though. Don't use VLC. It's shit. Seriously.

Though personally I wouldn't see a point in getting a physical copy when I can't sit on my couch and watch it on my big TV.

In any case, you're looking at a $70-$85 price tag.
Sadly I have to agree with you about VLC. Used to be great but now it's bad. Still use it as backup though.

I thought the blu-ray really was region free. It clearly stated here:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIXA-73

What I would suggest instead is since you wanted the DVD, you can buy the DVD, use a DVD decrypter and decrypt the DVD. Reburn the ripped DVD onto a DVD media. Now you should be able to watch the DVD on a big screen. Of course this is only if your DVD player does not support the region. If it does, of course you would not need to do what I just suggested. If it's Blu-ray, you can do the same following steps although this time you burn in on blu-ray media.

Getting a physical copy is great though! Especially if it comes with tons of goodies. That's why I'm trying to save up and buy the limited edition if I can find it. All those goods looks damn good.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 18:47   Link #2633
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I'd pick it up on Blu Ray myself... If I could find it for under $50.

Were the english subtitles any good?
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 19:13   Link #2634
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I'd pick it up on Blu Ray myself... If I could find it for under $50.

Were the english subtitles any good?
From what I heard, apparently it was very good. Makes me happy haha. And... under 50 dollars? Well if USD was better like it was in the past, you could get it for around 55 dollars. Now? Lol not possible. Unless used...
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 19:41   Link #2635
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I'm Canadian anyways

But yeah, I'm not paying $80 for a single movie I only thought was decent when I can buy a movie that was amazing for $50 ish.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 09:16   Link #2636
ShouTakuya
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Blu Ray Region A includes both the US and Japan, so it's not that it's region free.

If you're looking at a DVD that doesn't list a region (or says it's Region 0) then it's likely a bootleg.

Some computers can play stuff from other regions (my laptop can) but I don't know if this is universal. It's certainly a possibility, though. Don't use VLC. It's shit. Seriously.

Though personally I wouldn't see a point in getting a physical copy when I can't sit on my couch and watch it on my big TV.

In any case, you're looking at a $70-$85 price tag (for just the movie).

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19...ovie-43-9.html

so do we have an english subs for the dvd/blu ray?
__________________
.
ShouTakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 10:32   Link #2637
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The Japanese release has an english subtitle track on it, yes.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 14:14   Link #2638
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
And from what I heard, the subs are actually good too which is great!
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 16:02   Link #2639
motaku96
もたく
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Late to the party, but just wanted to say that you can also buy a region free dvd player. They do exist.
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 14:21   Link #2640
JINNSK
今更ですが箱のWoTやってます
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
GRAPHIG series 075 Nanoha The MOVIE 1st(Paper model)

http://www.cospa.com/detail/id/00000042788
manufacturer:COSPA
release date:2012 Feb
price:630 yen
spec:110mm in height after assembled
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.