AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 06:43   Link #921
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess with Hobby Search, they probably have good enough security for their customers who are buying from them. Didn't know that Paypal would be unsafe for online payments.
Since now its been known that Hobby Link Japan will be getting pre-orders up for the Hayate figurine soon enough, I'm debating if I really should just pre-order from Hobby Search or wait for Hobby Link Japan to upload their prices. Hobby Search's price for the Hayate figurine seems a bit too good to be true. Probably the shipping will kill the cheap price that everyone thinks Hobby Search is advertising for.
Old 2008-06-25, 09:18   Link #922
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Hmm...The hayate might b quite heavy, like the Alter Fate. So i think the shipping might kill.
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 15:31   Link #923
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Well, assuming 2500 yen for shipping (EMS) you get a grand total of 11,810 yen. Current conversion rates (for today) put that at 110.43 USD, or roughly the same as from Kid Nemo before shipping. So either way you're still paying roughly the same. Although we still have yet to see what kind of price HLJ will have, but my guess is it'll be the same roughly.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 04:23   Link #924
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I guess I'll wait until Hobby Link Japan posts up their price for the Hayate figurine and open up pre-orders for the figure.
Old 2008-06-26, 04:36   Link #925
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Thats certainly one option, however while they did say they planned to stock it, they didn't say when or how many they would be getting... So it's quite possible that when they actually open up orders they will barely have any, and the other sites could sell out by then too. Leaving your best option as ebay, for likely a much larger price. So, it's really something tough to say which is better. Of course, you could always order from somewhere like kidnemo and select paypal, then cancel it when HLJ has it up for order if you can get it. The main usse with paypal is just you shouldn't link it to a bank account, but entering a cc (and deleting it afterwards) when needed should be fine.

Old 2008-06-27, 00:50   Link #926
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Hmm...Any news of new Nanoha mechandise coming up?
Old 2008-06-27, 09:25   Link #927
Once and Current Subber

Nope.

Sorry, that's mean. Those look like somebody did a custom conversion job on some Nendroids...
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 11:00   Link #928
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

. They look kind of cute .
Old 2008-06-29, 22:46   Link #929
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

omg, TMPanime.com is taking so long to ship my Reinforce Zwei, i wonder how much longer i have to wait. Anyone here ever order from TMPanime.com and ever had to wait 2 months for their stuff to come in? For those who have shopped at tmpanime.com, what was the average wait time for the stuff that you ordered? TMP still said that their Reinforce Zwei is up for pre-order on their site. >_<'
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 01:27   Link #930
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

.Nv heard from tt website b4 so i cant really help u. Wait for the other members' reply.

Anyway anyone wanna sell their Nanoha posters?
Old 2008-06-30, 03:20   Link #931
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

While I've never bought from TMP before, I have heard of them and have also heard a lot about their slow shipping. Also, several times I've seen posts on their main page about how the owners were going out of town or something and hence things wouldn't be shipping for the next few MONTHS or something. All of which really wards me away from them personally, although they did have a couple figurines I seriously would like and are old enough to be hard to find elsewhere. Although I did find one of the ones I was considering at my local shop one time... but not the main one I want(ed).

Old 2008-06-30, 11:47   Link #932
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

XD scary shop. Af hearing u i WOULD avoid it at all cost.
Old 2008-07-04, 07:15   Link #933
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

I don't know if I'd call it "scary" tbh. I think the bigger "problem" is just that are a small "mom & pop" store based in the states. Most retailers (especially "small" mom & pop stores) in the states always import things with really slow shipping (ever heard of the slow boat to china?) to cut down on costs. They also may or may not have a shipping deal worked out with someone like UPS or FedEx, so likely they have to drop off packages at a shipping center or something which adds on extra time. Also, because they are just a small shop if they go to a convention (like AXpo which is going on now and TMP is at) or out of town obviously that is going to close down shipping, and if a new figurine or something comes in during that time... You also have to take into account what kind of shipping option you choose and how far away you are from the shop/warehouse, as that is going to directly effect how quickly you get something.

Now, how much of the above counts for TMP I couldn't say. I know they have a warehouse (but no store) down in the LA area (maybe about 2 hours away from downtown LA in heavy traffic) so they are likely a little above a "mom & pop" shop, but some of the rules apply for just about any retailer based in the US who deals in anime stuff. Personally, I view most US-based retailers as sort of a "oh this series could have some figurines I'd like but now it's out of stock in Japan (or series is so old) so I should see if it's up for sale here" or "d'oh the missed the pre-order on one of the sites in Japan (such as HLJ) so I need to order it here" type thing.

That isn't to say I'm telling you to go order something from them, since as I said this isn't the first time I've heard of their shipping or seen something about them taking a vacation or going out of town or something which delays shipping (I think at one point they took over a month out of town) so it is a bit questionable if you want to order from them. I think maybe when they come back from axpo and I have a little spare money I may try ordering that one figurine from them that I've wanted for awhile, and is in-stock, to see for myself just how quick their shipping is under one of the cheaper options. I know in a couple other threads they are recomended as a good option for buying online, which makes me wonder if most of the complaints I've heard (besides the out of town thingies) are just on pre-orders and due to the whole "slow boat from china" thing.

Old 2008-07-04, 18:11   Link #934
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

well i did order the reinforce zwei from them as a last minute resort(like a day after it sold out on my usual retailers) because it was sold out at my usual retailers, HLJ and Hobby Search Japan. But it's been about a whole month and a half since I ordered it(and since the product was released and sold out in japan), and i would really love to know what the hell is going on with their shipping.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 21:35   Link #935
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

well for that you're really just goimg to have to email them and ask. Chances are its just that they still havent gotten them in (remember the slow boat thing?) as I doubt any of us work for them, know them, or that they come here... let alone to this specific thread.

Old 2008-07-05, 03:20   Link #936
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

One month passed since Trading Visual Plate was released by broccoli,at last I collected all 31 kinds.(Official 30 + an appenddix of COMIDIGI that is magazine released by broccoli)
For your information,I upload all images.

Spoiler:
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 09:30   Link #937
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
One month passed since Trading Visual Plate was released by broccoli,at last I collected all 31 kinds.(Official 30 + an appenddix of COMIDIGI that is magazine released by broccoli)
For your information,I upload all images.
what is trading visual plates? is it those small collectibles where you get out of the little ball machines where you insert coins and get something random everytime?

by the way thanks for the images+sharing! +cookiesss!
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 13:25   Link #938
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
what is trading visual plates? is it those small collectibles where you get out of the little ball machines where you insert coins and get something random everytime?

by the way thanks for the images+sharing! +cookiesss!
It is a thing like a doorplate.
Spoiler:

The content is random.But it is not Gashapon.We can buy it in a shop or get it as the premium of game in a game arcade.
Spoiler:
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 20:32   Link #939
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Or alternatively, they come in a box for you to choose which pack just like trading cards.... I have got mine ....
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 05:44   Link #940
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Damn, I'm really in a bind. I don't know if I should just pre-order the Hayate figurine in Hobby Search or just wait until Hobby Link Japan gets it up for pre-order.
But it seems that Hobby Link Japan might not get it up for pre-order. I know that they didn't have the Figma Fate T. Harlaown for pre-sale, but I think I'm just jumping the gun a little. Anyways, HLJ allows Money orders as well...just in case I can't get someone to use their debit card, I'll just have to go with that method. Hobby Search doesn't allow Money orders and just go with credit cards...I wonder if debit is ok also...I should e-mail them.