AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2010-01-20, 22:28   Link #1781
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Move over Nanoha, Reinforce has thoroughly trounced you in terms of over kill. A Diabolic Emission to the face followed by a Starlight Breaker? Damn, girl!

Also, they made Shamal a playable character. If they were able to give her a move set, why did they exclude Yuuno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Spoiler for reinforce story mode:
Makes sense, as one of the dangers of using a Unison Device is that they could potentially take over the mage's body. In the anime, it happened when Reinforce went out of control and Hayate was repressed. But in this case it appears Hayate isn't repressed, hense her influence.

Page claim for Reinforce and overkill!
Old 2010-01-20, 22:39   Link #1782
uragayduck2

https://enq.bngi-channel.jp/em/enq/e...s=-mcQpvzOWkit

interesting they've put a survey for it up already. could this be the key to getting a StrikerS game in the future?? i sure hope so and if that's the case.....i'll rank everything with top scores in order to get them to do it. question 12 even asks which system would you like to see the next game on if it were to be made. PS3 StrikerS? oh hell yes
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 09:11   Link #1783
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

More swimsuit fig' by Wave.
This time we have Subaru and Teana : Both are due for July.

I've a slight preference for Subaru, I guess one piece swimsuit doesn't look that good on fig :[.
Old 2010-01-21, 09:19   Link #1784
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Ergh, saw those the other night. I'll stick with my Nendos. And not dakimakura. 8D

Game OP
Game ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
fff, low framerate? @_@
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Move over Nanoha, Reinforce has thoroughly trounced you in terms of over kill. A Diabolic Emission to the face followed by a Starlight Breaker? Damn, girl!

Also, they made Shamal a playable character. If they were able to give her a move set, why did they exclude Yuuno?
Book of Darkness (ry

Does everyone forget Arf? What is this. Anyway, I think the interview said that they were originally going for eight characters and ended up making nine, not including the Materials. I'm guessing Yuuno and Arf aren't playable characters because, er, they just sort of supported everyone else.

.... Shamal's just there 'cause she's part of the Wolkenritter and story and yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragayduck2 View Post
interesting they've put a survey for it up already. could this be the key to getting a StrikerS game in the future?? i sure hope so and if that's the case.....i'll rank everything with top scores in order to get them to do it. question 12 even asks which system would you like to see the next game on if it were to be made. PS3 StrikerS? oh hell yes
So, wait. PS3 games generally aren't region locked, but DLC....

[23:03:21] <@Mandoric> dlc isn't locked, per se
[23:03:32] <@Mandoric> but
[23:03:55] <@Mandoric> buying points is tied to a credit card in the target area
[23:04:17] <@Mandoric> and dlc is associated with the game's catalog number, which is different depending on region for the same game
[23:04:45] <@Mandoric> so you have to have a jp copy of the game and pay ncsx their 20% markup on points cards
[23:06:02] <@Mandoric> but if you have jp points and a jp game, they will work fine on a us console

@_@
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
This made me laugh so hard.
AS LONG AS THEY HAVE MY NANOHA.

.... And Signum punching Teana. >_>;

少し頭冷やそうか?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 09:22   Link #1785
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Bleh, looks like I'll be waiting for a figma Teana. I hope she comes with an alternate head with her hair down.

That Subaru actually looks pretty good, though, especially since you can take off her shorts. Still, the scale doesn't justify the price for me.
Old 2010-01-21, 10:43   Link #1786
uragayduck2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
So, wait. PS3 games generally aren't region locked, but DLC....

[23:03:21] <@Mandoric> dlc isn't locked, per se
[23:03:32] <@Mandoric> but
[23:03:55] <@Mandoric> buying points is tied to a credit card in the target area
[23:04:17] <@Mandoric> and dlc is associated with the game's catalog number, which is different depending on region for the same game
[23:04:45] <@Mandoric> so you have to have a jp copy of the game and pay ncsx their 20% markup on points cards
[23:06:02] <@Mandoric> but if you have jp points and a jp game, they will work fine on a us console

@_@
well, if you're willing enough to import a game, what's to stop you from getting a marked up price for Japan PSN cards that you can't get anywhere in the States? i'd only do it for something that i really like and that won't come to the States EVER (like the Macross series), and Nanoha fits that bill just nicely.
Old 2010-01-21, 11:01   Link #1787
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Arrg, stupid paypal needing confirmation. Now I won't be able to pay for my preorder before 2 days, which means more waiting. And then I have to wait for it to ship, which means I won't be getting my version of the game until like maybe late next week.

Might as well get the iso while I wait. *shrugs*
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 15:19   Link #1788
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Bleh, looks like I'll be waiting for a figma Teana. I hope she comes with an alternate head with her hair down.

That Subaru actually looks pretty good, though, especially since you can take off her shorts. Still, the scale doesn't justify the price for me.
10k yen cheaper over at Amiami.
http://www.amiami.com/shop/?set=engl...e_display.html
Old 2010-01-21, 23:07   Link #1789
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Since there is no Nanoha game thread, I'm going start game talk here.

Playing through the game and just finished Hayate's story mode(First one too, lol) and here are my thoughts:

-The Menu is freaking amazing to look at, they did a very nice job on that.
-Animation outside of gameplay is very good.
-They did a good job in making it so that a person's special is exactly that, so a Full Burst special can only be used twice in one round. Nice and balanced.
-OP and ED are very nicely done.
-Customizable abilities on characters like MP Cut, MP Auto-Recover, etc.
-Hayate-crossed Reinforce but no Sonic Form Fate? Why?!?

Onto the cons:
-Linear shoot spamming seems to be the easiest way to win, and well, that's no good. I prefer combos in my fighting games.
-Some of the animation during gameplay seems choppy at times, or maybe it's just me.(Why does Hayate's Burst special start with her headbutting them? o_O)
-Only one difficulty setting, I was expecting more.
-Only 4 unlockable characters? I think it would have been a better idea to keep Hayate, Reinforce, and the 4 knights hidden until you complete one of the stories.

Overall a really fun fighting game, probably the funnest I've seen since F/UC for the PSP. To be honest if they really wanted to incorporate the flying system into the fighting system, they should have done it like Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 for the PS2.

Last edited by goombas; 2010-01-21 at 23:31.
Old 2010-01-22, 00:52   Link #1790
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Finish Hayate first too (Hayate fan obliged), and her MP cut and Charge are really useful for the other in customizing since it enable you to make more Use without needing to reload. (Yeah i know, Full Drive but i prefer using it for damaging with some Starlight Breaker ).
Well you haven't talk about Insert Song during Final match story? XD, just like in the last Hayate Battle, there's BRAVE Pheonix playing behind during the battle.
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 01:33   Link #1791
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Oh yeah, the Brave Phoenix remix was definitely awesome. Just completed the survey, even though I didn't receive my Lyrical Box yet. lol

Last edited by goombas; 2010-01-22 at 01:45.
Old 2010-01-22, 03:44   Link #1792
aers
*Fansubber

Some characters get Eternal Blaze instead of Brave Phoenix :0

The character selection screen is arranged 3x3, if you beat all 3 story modes in a column you unlock the 'evil' version of the character at the top of the column (Nanoha, Fate, Hayate) for VS/Arcade modes.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 06:27   Link #1793
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
They are called Material - S-L-D. (Nanoha/Fate/Hayate)
+ they are extremely powerful.

For example material-D is automaticaly equipped with Mp-Cut, Mp Charge, Drive Loader and Drive Plus mean she can easily spamming Magical Attack without needed to be worrying about her Mp consumation (+ Having 25% Gauge Breaker each time you broke her own guard...) and using all 3 Full Drive then having to face with her (or playing her again) with 3 new Cartridge for 3 new Full Drive. 3 Full Drive = KO (extremely useful with Shamal... she's a bit painful to play with).

Actually you have to beat a linear column to unlock each Material character, it's written in Story Mode, you unlock a part of Material (Hayate got Material-D 1, Reinforce Material D 2 etc...)
So Nanoha-Vita and Zafira : Material S
Fate, Signum and Chrono : Material L
Hayate, Reinforce and Shamal : Material D

gamesave for those which are interest : http://kyohime57.free.fr/Nanoha/BOA/ULJS00241SYS.rar
It's my System File.

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2010-01-22 at 09:59.
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 11:54   Link #1794
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
As much as I am crazy for fate chan, I have to say that I am quite disappointed with the game. To me it seemed like the game was rushed just to coincide with the movie and such that the content, story, gameplay etc are lacking in a lot of areas. Being the first official nanoha game produced I would have expected a better job that this...so really can't say that I am impressed about the final product.

I guess I'll at least play through fate chan's route but it gets rather boring just spamming harken saber and binds

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 12:09   Link #1795
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
To me it seemed like the game was rushed just to coincide with the movie and such that the content, story, gameplay etc are lacking in a lot of areas.
If I'm remembering the interview right, yes they did seem to rush it to link up with the movie, lol. They started the game late 2008-early 2009? *shrug*

From what I'm being told, the PSP game is basically a visual novel with a game attached to it. So if you were getting the game for something other than the game play, it's a good buy. Hmm. D:

少し頭冷やそうか?
Old 2010-01-22, 13:31   Link #1796
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

It depends, but one year is normal for a game on a portable console, hell some took less than a year and are quite good.

A's has not enough characters to begin with, they should've made a fighting game with the Strikers cast instead.

For the moveset, Nanoha and co. don't really have a lot of moves in the series, and sadly it's obviously reflected on the game as well.

It also depends heavily on the studio who made the game, the level of involment of higher-ups, making a licensed game has also its lot of limitations, the need to stay faithful of the spirit of the series, etc... which complicate the work of the developpers, they can't do whatever cross their minds like that.

Last edited by Der Langrisser; 2010-01-22 at 13:45.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 00:26   Link #1797
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer

I've seen a few clips on YouTube regarding the game, and even the day before the release, I watched the sample fights numerous times and noticed that bits of the mechanics with regards to making the game reminded me of one other game that was for the PC and...if I recall correctly, PS2 (in Japan, I think).

The game I'm thinking of...is Melty Blood.

I mean seriously...watch a few fights on YouTube with regard to the game and then compare it with this game.

I'm sure you'll find some similarities.

If anyone wants to know what the similarities are...by all means...PM me.
Old 2010-01-23, 18:39   Link #1798
uragayduck2

Ok, i'm desperate now. i have searched everywhere for this but to no avail. i'm sure the price will be ridiculously high since it's rare, but anyone know where to find the StrikerS Chronicle book that was sold in Comiket way back then? a link to refresh your memories: http://www.amazon.co.jp/魔法少女リリカルなのはS.../dp/B002ASD20K

i saw it once up on ebay, but made the mistake of letting it go which was about 2 or so years ago. i have not seen the cover image of it anywhere except for on this book.
Old 2010-01-23, 19:25   Link #1799
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Ok, i'm desperate now. i have searched everywhere for this but to no avail. i'm sure the price will be ridiculously high since it's rare, but anyone know where to find the StrikerS Chronicle book that was sold in Comiket way back then? a link to refresh your memories: http://www.amazon.co.jp/魔法少女リリカルなのはS.../dp/B002ASD20K
It was a Comiket exclusive good? I didn't know that when I bought mine... At the time (more than one year ago) it was still pretty easy to find it *coughinAkibacough*.
I'll look around, but if it was really a Comiket exclusive product, it won't be easy... 19,800 yen is just crazy BTW >_> The book is really thin. I don't have it here with me, but it definitively doesn't worth it ^^'...
Old 2010-01-23, 22:51   Link #1800
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
It also depends heavily on the studio who made the game, the level of involment of higher-ups, making a licensed game has also its lot of limitations, the need to stay faithful of the spirit of the series, etc... which complicate the work of the developpers, they can't do whatever cross their minds like that.
Yeah, they had to bug Tsuzuki-san quite a bit from the looks of it. Hmm.
Quote:
Ok, i'm desperate now. i have searched everywhere for this but to no avail.
y-y-y-y-yahoo auctions?

少し頭冷やそうか?