AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2006-09-15, 15:49   Link #1
SuperSuperSailorMoon

Hi do you allow audition threads for fandubs?

audition threads for fandubs here? or is it against the rules?
SuperSuperSailorMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 17:29   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I'm not even sure what exactly an "audition thread" would be.

We don't list fandubs here on AnimeSuki (or at least, not as standard policy), but I can't see that discussion about fandubs is against the intent of our current forum rules (assuming it's not for something like a licensed series). I would suggest that the best place for such topics would be in the Fansub Groups forum, but as mentioned, I'm still unsure exactly what it is you are asking.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 19:27   Link #3
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
I'm not even sure what exactly an "audition thread" would be.

We don't list fandubs here on AnimeSuki (or at least, not as standard policy), but I can't see that discussion about fandubs is against the intent of our current forum rules (assuming it's not for something like a licensed series). I would suggest that the best place for such topics would be in the Fansub Groups forum, but as mentioned, I'm still unsure exactly what it is you are asking.
I think he means a thread where people send in recorded lines of dialogue to audition for a part in a fandub.
Old 2006-09-16, 01:49   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

We've never had an audition thread, so I would be inclinded to allow it. Maybe it'll be interesting.

If it causes any unforseen problems, then it might be our last audition thread as well as the first.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 06:27   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Given that the potential audience for such a thread would be the fandub making community (common curiosity excepted) I'm not sure how much interest there would be...

Never-the-less, we currently have a similar thread for sub staff (help wanted), so I see no reason to exclude dub staff from that. The trick will be what they submit. I'm thinking any real casting would want something specific? Something that should really be handled by the fandub group internally.

However, that doesn't mean that people should be restricted from making posts that link to clips, as part of their "resume" of fandub works, on this forum. Normal rules about licensed anime still being in effect of course (i.e. care must be taken as to which shows are linked to in video form, but a few lines as an audio file would be fine).

I've no problem with this starting as a new thread initially. Depending on how it goes I reserve the right to change my opinion and maybe conclude that it would be better just being part of the "help wanted" thread... but until someone makes such a thread I'm just speculating
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote