AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-04, 18:48   Link #61
Honey_and_Cleaver
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Whats wrong with age transformation? Mature girls are great too.
__________________
LOLIKON STRATOS! TA-RU-GE-TO! NARAI DE UTZEEEEYYYY!


Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:03   Link #62
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
That's kind of lame. I hate the "Mature Female" character archetype, I think I've mentioned that. Lots of gloating and posturing with them and not enough actual fighting when a "mature " character is involved. What I think we need more of is loli characters going at in action sequences like in Shakugan No Shana (Which interestingly enough has a loli character beating a mature woman character and just about anyone else that comes here way to the cheers of a certain someone) or Pretty Cure. How old is Cortikarte supposed to be in civilian form again?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:20   Link #63
Honey_and_Cleaver
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
How many loli more do we need? They swarm the universe.

It depends on the mature girl. If shes a sluttish lipstick type, i dont like it, but if shes like Shizuma or like in Ikkitousen, i love it.

Anyway i usually dont look at age, i just look at the character and attractiveness, that attracts me is enough.
__________________
LOLIKON STRATOS! TA-RU-GE-TO! NARAI DE UTZEEEEYYYY!


Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:22   Link #64
aroduc
Ruiner of Things
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Corti's more short than a loli. Her attitude in general is definitely a lot more mature and pragmatic than the likes of Shana or Louise.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 20:29   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
How many loli more do we need? They swarm the universe.

It depends on the mature girl. If shes a sluttish lipstick type, i dont like it, but if shes like Shizuma or like in Ikkitousen, i love it.

Anyway i usually dont look at age, i just look at the character and attractiveness, that attracts me is enough.
Same here, don't like the sluttish lipstick type, but don't mind others. For example I like Shana's mother in the show of the same name, but can't stand Margerie Daw. There's a difference between mature-wisdom and mature-sexual that I think I need to distinguish.

Yes, though loli's swarm the universe. Run!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:31   Link #66
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
That's kind of unclear though.

I'm not sure what category ocelot falls under. However, it was a new brand established when Visual Art's launched the Polyphonica project, so I'd bet it's the latter.
ocelot is an independent producer/publisher, and is in no way affiliated with Visual Art. The Polyphonica project is ocelot's original IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I seriously think people need to stop expecting the characters to always look as stunning as Top quality CG in the game. The reason that those shots are able to look so good as that the artist painstakingly draw the still Top quality CG shots for a character knowing he only needs to work on about 300 or so plus high quality 700 character sprites.
Ignoring the fact that I already knew that anime cannot look nearly as good as the game CG, the fact remains that Polyphonica's art is below par. Not Yoyake Mae level bad, but not that much better either. And there are a lot of decent bishoujo anime out there too.

Quote:
If anyone wants to raise a "but Kyoto Animation can" argument I'll tell you this, the things they have adapted often used a minimalist art style or are light novels with only a few black and white still shot of characters. By comparison their stuff will always look heads and shoulders above the source material creating a distorted perspective between their adapted stuff and a lot of other companies attempts at stuff like Prism Ark. I'm not saying that there stuff looks anything but spectactular, but they have it easy and its creating unreasonable expectations for companies that work on stuff that isn't minimalistic the way Kanon and Air are.
I hate to say this but you don't know what you're talking about here and your bias against Kyoani is showing again, and I'm certain that you've never played any of the Key works to begin with so your opinion on their art, both Key and Kyoani is anything but valid, nor have you been exposed to the Polyphonica universe either, so I really suggest you just stop.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 22:28   Link #67
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Well, I'm cheering on Corti. Peru can take a hike.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 22:32   Link #68
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post



Ignoring the fact that I already knew that anime cannot look nearly as good as the game CG, the fact remains that Polyphonica's art is below par. Not Yoyake Mae level bad, but not that much better either. And there are a lot of decent bishoujo anime out there too.



I hate to say this but you don't know what you're talking about here and your bias against Kyoani is showing again, and I'm certain that you've never played any of the Key works to begin with so your opinion on their art, both Key and Kyoani is anything but valid, nor have you been exposed to the Polyphonica universe either, so I really suggest you just stop.
Quite the stinger punch, but I'll answer to that even though you don't want me too.

I've seen the complete art CG and I think that I know enough to say that Kyoto Animation had a fairly easy job touching up things. Also I happen to have run through the Polyphonica CG catalogue a long long time before the anime series was even announced and have familiarized myself with all the plot details I can. I also know bad artwork first hand. Ever see Super Bestial Machine God Dancougar or any other early 80's mecha anime (probably the first 80's anime to look really good that I've seen was Zeta Gundam). Anyway after that everything kind of comes into perspective.

Of course I haven't played a Key work in full because I don't play Visual Novel games that have text choices as the sole character input, but I have seen others play it and I believe the artstyle it uses is very minimalistic in order to not oversell or oversexualize the characters like a lot of companies do. That being said of course it can easily look as good or better when animated. I know far more about a lot of things than I let on believe me. Just because I'm critical of something doesn't mean I'm ignorant of it. If you want to tell me exactly what I've missed between the ease of turning this into this versus something like this into a perfect anime adapation then let me know. Like I've said, people are seeing adaptations at an odd perspective.

I'll even offer this:

Game Opening:
Spoiler:


Anime Opening:
Spoiler:


My perspective of Bad Animation:
Spoiler:


Since somebody confirmed the animation style in the opening is the same as the rest of the series people can judge for themselves. Is the anime that much worse looking than the game in terms of animation and does it really look that bad as a Yashigani. How shiny does it need to look?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-04 at 22:51.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:58   Link #69
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Japanese Dictionary
First up on the argument:
Spoiler for Too darn long:

Anyway still going to watch just out of curiosity on how bad/good the story will come out. Would prefer a fansub since I'm too lazy to pay too much attention to what the dialogue says. The Corticarte age transform had an story element behind it; not sure if the left the explanation in...

Spoiler for sound system:
__________________
07ChanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 06:37   Link #70
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
But doesn't the anime ED look like it's game CG quality? When I saw that, I thought that the series may have potential to improve the episode animation.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 07:34   Link #71
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Japanese Dictionary
It's probable that they may have had 1 or 2 talented guys around; else the whole thing would have gone south way faster...
Just because 1 piece of animation is good does NOT hold true for the rest of the show... unless they start recycling the animation, which is BAD [shows lack of planning and fund management]. Note in my original post, I say that the show is around 21 minutes original animation; I discount the OP/ED since they probably had a bit more time and leeway in animating that, since the storyboard crew aren't required to give total direction, so animators can start animating it earlier.
Also we should get off this side topic about animation quality... It could turn into a flame/troll...etc bait...
__________________
07ChanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 03:32   Link #72
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 27
I'll probably be dropping this one very soon. I caught the raw because I was seduced by the the anime websites' frontpages, and I was VERY disappointed.

But for me it's not just the art that turns me off, it's Cortikarte. In fact... I'd probably suffer the animation if the lead girl was someone else (like Perseti). Yet another bitchy (aka tsundere) girl who owns her man and happens to be pseudo/quasi-loli. Surprise, surprise, I haven't seen that character archetype this side of the millennium! But I'm not saying I was looking for originality, I'm just tired of this tsundere loli.

Anyway, I played the game demo, held promise, but of course for me, the less Cortikarte, the better the game was, at least in her younger form. I don't mind her when she's older. I got the gist of the full story, some nice twists, but I think the anime will become a proud part of black history if I do say so myself.
__________________
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 03:54   Link #73
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
I'll probably be dropping this one very soon. I caught the raw because I was seduced by the the anime websites' frontpages, and I was VERY disappointed.

But for me it's not just the art that turns me off, it's Cortikarte. In fact... I'd probably suffer the animation if the lead girl was someone else (like Perseti). Yet another bitchy (aka tsundere) girl who owns her man and happens to be pseudo/quasi-loli. Surprise, surprise, I haven't seen that character archetype this side of the millennium! But I'm not saying I was looking for originality, I'm just tired of this tsundere loli.

Anyway, I played the game demo, held promise, but of course for me, the less Cortikarte, the better the game was, at least in her younger form. I don't mind her when she's older. I got the gist of the full story, some nice twists, but I think the anime will become a proud part of black history if I do say so myself.
That Lolidom character archetype scares the crap out of me. How long do the adult men of this world have anyway? What exactly is coming in 2012? I will agree that the lolidom archetype is a bit prominent these days, but for some reason it doesn't bother me. I guess it's probably because when I get tired of newer anime I flip back to 80's and 90's stuff and then when I get tired of that and need a breather from exploding mecha and flying fists I flip back into 21st century mode and see what's up. Maybe you could try that and see if it helps ease the frustration of seeing a lot of the same stuff, it's one of the best ways to mix it up in anime I've found. Anime goes by trends, last year it was moe and h-game conversions and this year its Mecha and lolidom. You just gotta find the right decade and then the right year for what you need.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 05:26   Link #74
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I must have missed something, but I really don't consider Corti to be loli. She's just short when she's shown in scenes with Folon. Now, if she ever shows up in 2 ponytails holding a stuffed animal and wearing baggy pjs. then you might have me agreeing. Corti = tsundere Saber to me. Powerful magical entity contracted with human male. Both got principles.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 20:31   Link #75
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Hmm, are the raws for this slow today, or is there no episode of this today that I missed being stated? (I'd prefer the former, this series hit a soft spot for me )
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:19   Link #76
the.Merines
Seeker of Power
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ΔHidden Forbidden Holy Ground
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Same here, Shinji103... They just seem to be slow because of the show's lower popularity ATM.
__________________
I am bound to pay the debt I owe.
the.Merines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 18:27   Link #77
Honey_and_Cleaver
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I dont think this anime requires great animation. It looks like its made just to add variety and for fun. I dont really mind or have high expectations for it.
__________________
LOLIKON STRATOS! TA-RU-GE-TO! NARAI DE UTZEEEEYYYY!


Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 11:58   Link #78
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Episode 2 was much more enjoyable for me than episode 1. The show has a nice gentle mood. It's nothing exciting, rather kiddy level in certain ways -- a detective agency solves a simple problem a week -- with animation to match. But the voice acting is really good. And the interpersonal relations are a lot better than they seemed in ep01. Corticarte is actually a rather interesting person...I mean spirit.

The voices of Kamiya Hiroshi (Takemoto in H&C) and Konishi Katsuyuki (Kyoushirou) as the guys really work for me. And what can you say about a female cast that includes Kawasumi Ayako, Mizuki Nana, and Satou Rina? The new girl, Tomatsu Haruka, seems to me to be finding her feet a bit in episode 2. I actually liked Corticarte in this episode. Much less tsundere, just powerful. The whole set-up is beginning to make sense.

And Kaioshin, you should save your ammunition for shows that really are loli, of which there are plenty. This isn't one of them.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 04:27   Link #79
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Watched ep.2. So far this show really gives me the Shana feel. Cordi definitely feels like Shana, and Forland is like a more useful version of Yuuji (which is basically Shana's power pack). This music is really good, and the artwork is very good by my standards (I didn't play the game). It's probably not going to be spectacular, but (hopefully) it'll be an enjoyable show.
__________________
So long.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 08:32   Link #80
Saber Cherry
Marionette
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The voices of Kamiya Hiroshi (Takemoto in H&C) and Konishi Katsuyuki (Kyoushirou) as the guys really work for me. And what can you say about a female cast that includes Kawasumi Ayako, Mizuki Nana, and Satou Rina?
Not to mention this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNewsNetwork
Series Composition: Ichiro Sakaki
Screenplay: Ichiro Sakaki
Music: Hikaru Nanase
Original creator: Ichiro Sakaki
That's Hikaru Nanase from Scrapped Princess and Chrono Crusade - two of the best soundtracks ever, IMO - and Ichiro Sakaki, creator of Scrapped Princess. Since Scrapped Princess is one of my top 5 anime, I'm really expecting this to turn out well (regardless of initial impressions of the art).

I have not yet watched it, as I'm hoping a sub group will pick it up...
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, ginga-ya, ocelot, romance, seinen, shounen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.