AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-09, 20:32   Link #221
MrZombie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Age: 30
Can someone who's played the games, please confirm whether or not the stupid quarry from Nekogoroshi-hen is ever mentioned in the games?
MrZombie is offline  
Old 2007-08-10, 05:30   Link #222
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
Can someone who's played the games, please confirm whether or not the stupid quarry from Nekogoroshi-hen is ever mentioned in the games?
It's mentioned in Matsuribayashi/pieces
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2007-08-12, 18:46   Link #223
sezen_atacan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I have just read the prelude pieces to matsuribayashi, and it appears that midway throught that, Takano is just another mere pawn of a few other politicians.

Say, who is this "unknown-domanatrix" manipulating Takano who was in her "i-give-up" mood in one of those clues?? It seems old-man Koizumi's underlings seems to have other things up their sleeves. How can their be anyone other than Koizumi who knows this much about Takano and her goals which I doubt is ever revealed to anyone??

Reading from what happens in Matsuribayashi-hen, it seems that Takano's plan has turned really soar thanks to Rika and Hanyuu. For the Koizumi faction, it is a disaster now that those who know about their plans are alive and all....

Do the people using Takano and her reasearch material have any other cards to play with?? Or is the Hiniamizawa project pretty much the last stand of the extremists and also the last gamble plan to restore an empire??

I get this feeling that the pissed off guys using Takano might come back for revenge.....sometime after the ending of Matsuribayashi It is Higurashi after all...

Now of course unless even those guys get busted too..... Also if the townsfolk end up revealing the truth at the end of Matusuribaysahi-hen won't the government have hell to pay? No effort is made to silence them huh?


What do you think on this take??
sezen_atacan is offline  
Old 2007-08-12, 20:16   Link #224
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
Why does it only rain during the festival in Tatarigoroshi-hen? It's a bit too convenient for Keiichi's plan.
MarthX is offline  
Old 2007-08-12, 20:41   Link #225
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
@sezen: these "conspirators" are clearly not numerous, and since the fall of Koizumi faction, you can tell they just use Takano as an opportunity.
There are high chances that after Matsuribayashi, Tomitake and Irie make their reports, and suspicions among the project will be spread, and the true masterminds are either missing, or arrested anyway.

it is nothing really important, it is really beyond the main interest in higurashi ^^

@MarthX: the weather looks not so "almighty" stiff. despite rika's past with various TIPS reflecting she is able to predict how the weather will be (Mom TIPS mainly) i believe it might be just one of the "random factor" in the reset.
not sure if it was really that great for keiichi anyway.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2007-08-13, 19:40   Link #226
sezen_atacan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Are the Yaiminu (sp?) a coincidential reference to the guys who gassed the trains in 1995?? I don't know if the Higurashi author are trying to make a reference to the real incident in 1995? I think the culprit in real life here also has the same mindset as Takano......... I forgot if it was the same gas...

Because someone mentioned that the Yaiminu guys are hired through black market trade right so they could be anyone including those guys involved in the 1995 train gas attack.

Or perhaps the Yaiminu are a division in the JSDF special forces and not paramilitary?? Is Yaiminu the real name of JSDF commandos?? Are the Yaiminu the U.S. equivalent of Rangers, Navy Seals and other Pentagon special agents with the same skills and training?? At least thats what I heard.......

Just want to know the real affiliation of the Yaiminu, whether its the government or just plain ol terrorists from the black market who quit the military or something like that.

Because the Yaiminu is a special topic spoiling Higurashi big time, I don't know where else to say this without pissing off other members who don't want spoilers.
sezen_atacan is offline  
Old 2007-08-13, 20:12   Link #227
Davidj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sezen_atacan View Post
Are the Yaiminu (sp?) a coincidential reference to the guys who gassed the trains in 1995??
No. Those guys were total amateurs. Akasaka says the guys he ran into in the kidnapping were real pros.
Davidj is offline  
Old 2007-08-16, 09:55   Link #228
haiz123321
Obey me world!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
mmm i just finished the series and well, i noticed something.

In every world it actually seems like Rika is going through a parallel universe instead of going back into time.

1. In each time, someone will be the violent demon etc. and it will be one the people in Keiichis' gang
2. There were a few times w/o poison gas deaths but most had the gas from marsh thing so this might mean either it was luck or maybe some things happened to prevent the gas
3. Takano's reseach keeps getting closer and closer to the true meaning of the festival, the deaths and the swamp
4. Rika is the only one that knows whats happening most of the time
5. Keiichi seems to be able to recall what he had done meaning this could help Rika ALOT
6. Everyone died in the end in each time.(By the gas or killed by "demons")
1-6 respectively.
Keiichi, mion, rena and rika.
Mion, shion, satoko, keichi and rika.
Rika and satoko
rika.
Mion, shion, satoko, keichi and rika.
Although the last arc didn't show anyone died but it's obvious cause rika got rebooted again.(See the part where Oishi comes, ask about the 2 dead people)

Any deaths where Rika got watangashied, the whole village died but only twice where it did not happen.

But in 2 of the arcs where the gas didn't come, Keii was alive for a short while but he was away from the village(well both were the same arc so...) But in the last arc he was in the village and alive but rika died and gas came.

My conjuncture would be, if keii leaves the village, rika will not die and she can live past w/e year. Because it was said in the last arc. "Let nobody in, Let nobody out" or something like that in Oyashiro-sama's teachings. Since keii wasn't orginally from Hinamizawa, he might have been the plague bearer, if he left, no poison and whatsoever will occur

I think someone posted this before but still... :P
__________________

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline  
Old 2007-08-16, 10:06   Link #229
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Haiz, this thread is most likely to answers with brute and "pure" truth some questions rising around, for people who already read clues and stuff (basically, Spoiled people / gamers, etc). that means you will get spoiled hard if you proceed reading over here. just a warning in case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
mmm i just finished the series and well, i noticed something.

In every world it actually seems like Rika is going through a parallel universe instead of going back into time.
It is confirmed she is returning in the time

Quote:
6. Everyone died in the end in each time.(By the gas or killed by "demons")
1-6 respectively.
Keiichi, mion, rena and rika.
Mion, shion, satoko, keichi and rika.
Rika and satoko
rika.
Mion, shion, satoko, keichi and rika.
Not exactly :
Tatarigoroshi : everyone died, except keiichi. but he is deceased the 30th november 1983, after 2 days of fever, and a heart failure
Himatsubushi : everyone died

Quote:
Although the last arc didn't show anyone died but it's obvious cause rika got rebooted again.(See the part where Oishi comes, ask about the 2 dead people)
This is answered in Reunion, first episode of season 2.
Quote:
Any deaths where Rika got watangashied, the whole village died but only twice where it did not happen.

But in 2 of the arcs where the gas didn't come, Keii was alive for a short while but he was away from the village(well both were the same arc so...) But in the last arc he was in the village and alive but rika died and gas came.
Keiichi was also alive in Tatarigoroshi.
Quote:
My conjuncture would be, if keii leaves the village, rika will not die and she can live past w/e year. Because it was said in the last arc. "Let nobody in, Let nobody out" or something like that in Oyashiro-sama's teachings. Since keii wasn't orginally from Hinamizawa, he might have been the plague bearer, if he left, no poison and whatsoever will occur

I think someone posted this before but still... :P
That's uncorrect.
first, many gruesome incidents happen way before keiichi moved in hinamizawa.
second, it is proved in many arcs that keiichi isn't the source of the events. (tsumihoroboshi is a big factor)
third, in minagoroshi, Rika explained that in some worlds, keiichi doesn't even come in Hinamizawa, and things are much worse, because the lack of his presence for some key events.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2007-08-18, 22:45   Link #230
Fighter747
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
This has been bothering me for a while, but I want to ask this:

First, presenting the facts:

1) Hanyuu and Rika, each time they loop back, the amount they have to prepare before Watanagashi grows shorter (years, months, then weeks).

2) With each Hinamizawa that was introduced(as seen in 1st season), different characters went berserk (Keiichi in Onikakushi, Rena in Tsumihoroboshi, etc.)

3) Each Hinamizawa's failed (failed is to equate the death of Rika) timeline will continue, regardless that the gas disaster happened.

4) Hayasaka and Mr. Maebara could only be affected when Rika still had power to start over a couple years earlier before Watanagashi. However, these scenarios eventually failed.

Thus leads to my question:

How is it that in Minagoroshi-hen, each character did NOT go berserk, and characters which had direct contact with Rika were also affected, despite the fact that Rika could only start over only a couple of weeks back? That means that Rika would have already missed the chances to redirect the other character's paths, or lose the ability to change important decisions that take place months or years back.
Fighter747 is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 02:44   Link #231
Davidj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter747 View Post
This has been bothering me for a while, but I want to ask this:

First, presenting the facts:

1) Hanyuu and Rika, each time they loop back, the amount they have to prepare before Watanagashi grows shorter (years, months, then weeks).

2) With each Hinamizawa that was introduced(as seen in 1st season), different characters went berserk (Keiichi in Onikakushi, Rena in Tsumihoroboshi, etc.)

3) Each Hinamizawa's failed (failed is to equate the death of Rika) timeline will continue, regardless that the gas disaster happened.

4) Hayasaka and Mr. Maebara could only be affected when Rika still had power to start over a couple years earlier before Watanagashi. However, these scenarios eventually failed.

Thus leads to my question:

How is it that in Minagoroshi-hen, each character did NOT go berserk, and characters which had direct contact with Rika were also affected, despite the fact that Rika could only start over only a couple of weeks back? That means that Rika would have already missed the chances to redirect the other character's paths, or lose the ability to change important decisions that take place months or years back.
The only answer is that the timeline was getting information from other universes _before_ Rika arrived in it. And so was the previous one. Shion's decision to become Satoko's protector isn't something that just happened yesterday. Her connnection to the little devil is too firm, unshakeable even by the revelation that Shion dreams about murdering her.
Davidj is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 12:25   Link #232
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter747 View Post
This has been bothering me for a while, but I want to ask this:

First, presenting the facts:

1) Hanyuu and Rika, each time they loop back, the amount they have to prepare before Watanagashi grows shorter (years, months, then weeks).

2) With each Hinamizawa that was introduced(as seen in 1st season), different characters went berserk (Keiichi in Onikakushi, Rena in Tsumihoroboshi, etc.)

3) Each Hinamizawa's failed (failed is to equate the death of Rika) timeline will continue, regardless that the gas disaster happened.

4) Hayasaka and Mr. Maebara could only be affected when Rika still had power to start over a couple years earlier before Watanagashi. However, these scenarios eventually failed.

Thus leads to my question:

How is it that in Minagoroshi-hen, each character did NOT go berserk, and characters which had direct contact with Rika were also affected, despite the fact that Rika could only start over only a couple of weeks back? That means that Rika would have already missed the chances to redirect the other character's paths, or lose the ability to change important decisions that take place months or years back.

Luck, and lots of it. In Minagoroshi-hen, the luck is on Rika's side when it comes to the settings of the world. One of the element of luck is some of the characters vaquely recalling things that have happened in other worlds, which Rika calls it "miracle". Of course, recalling isn't enough, as they also have to act accordingly to avoid tragerdy. The obvious way, which they have done, is talking and seeking help from others.

As we can see in most of the arcs, there are always a character that is isolated, then turns paranoid, and eventually leads to tragerdy. That is the basic pattern of Rule X.
__________________
Rias is offline  
Old 2007-08-23, 23:04   Link #233
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
I'm still not sure about Takano's Queen Carrier Theory and the GHD Plan.

As we've seen from Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen, the people of Hinamizawa doesn't go crazy when RIka is killed. However, if you consider the circumstances, Rika's murder is known (meaning that there is no "mystery"), and also, Rika was injected with C130, meaning that the Queen viruses could have been destroyed, losing the influence it had.

Also, we don't actually get info on what exactly happened during the GHD operation. We know the basic outline, but whether the residents started showing signs of insanity, or were perfectly normal, is not know.

So, do you think the Queen carrier theory is correct, or is it a flawed theory that became the excuse to start GHD?
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-08-23, 23:50   Link #234
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
Was Rika injected in Watanagashi-hen?
MarthX is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 00:00   Link #235
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Was Rika injected in Watanagashi-hen?
I believe so.
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 01:34   Link #236
Davidj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I'm still not sure about Takano's Queen Carrier Theory and the GHD Plan.

As we've seen from Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen, the people of Hinamizawa doesn't go crazy when RIka is killed. However, if you consider the circumstances, Rika's murder is known (meaning that there is no "mystery"), and also, Rika was injected with C130, meaning that the Queen viruses could have been destroyed, losing the influence it had.

Also, we don't actually get info on what exactly happened during the GHD operation. We know the basic outline, but whether the residents started showing signs of insanity, or were perfectly normal, is not know.

So, do you think the Queen carrier theory is correct, or is it a flawed theory that became the excuse to start GHD?
The theory is just plain wrong because it is based on a lack of knowledge of one essential fact, that Oyashiro-Sama is not imaginary. Thus, Rika does indeed have a calming influence on infectees but it has nothing to do with her infection being different from any other infectee. The queen parasite is a pseudo-rational theory to account for a supernatural phenomenon. That being said, without an incarnation of Oyashiro-Sama, the villagers are probably at greater risk of psychosis.
Davidj is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 01:54   Link #237
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
The theory is just plain wrong because it is based on a lack of knowledge of one essential fact, that Oyashiro-Sama is not imaginary. Thus, Rika does indeed have a calming influence on infectees but it has nothing to do with her infection being different from any other infectee. The queen parasite is a pseudo-rational theory to account for a supernatural phenomenon. That being said, without an incarnation of Oyashiro-Sama, the villagers are probably at greater risk of psychosis.

Okay, so if the Queen Carrier Theory is COMPLETELY wrong, then did Takano activate the backup plan regardless of whether the residents went insane or not?
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 02:25   Link #238
Davidj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Okay, so if the Queen Carrier Theory is COMPLETELY wrong, then did Takano activate the backup plan regardless of whether the residents went insane or not?
Of course. The backup plan would hardly have worked if everyone was already paranoid.
Davidj is offline  
Old 2007-08-26, 23:15   Link #239
sezen_atacan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Just a question regarding the side-arc higurashi daybreak game.

- Those characters seem to be fighting desperatley what is their goal after they get the magmatama? Do to the way certain characters are paired up here I am not 100% sure of their intentions. I don't understand Japanese though.

- Say is there a particular reason why all the adults end up fighting too?

- Does anyone know what characters actually say when you pair them up in the most awkward way as possible in versus mode? What I did was teaming up (Takano & Rika) Vs. (Asakara & Satoko) at the Furade Shrine............ it does sound a bit funny when they win... I wonder what they say...
sezen_atacan is offline  
Old 2007-08-27, 01:00   Link #240
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
1) no they don't fight desperately. most of them if no all (aside of Ironclad Cleaver Rena and Ritual Scythe Rika) are fighting for fun. But some paired up, to prevent people to use the megatama (such like Rika+Rena and Chie+Irie)

2) read part 1: some want to take them as curiosity (such like takano), some want to prevent problems (chie mainly, as she experimented irie under this effect). i'm not sure what Ooishi and Akasaka are for, but well

3) yes, they are a lot of "custom" dialogues, depending of the pair. you can easely predict what they say though. there isn't any translation to date.
Klashikari is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.