AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-13, 12:30   Link #1121
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe Send a message via Skype™ to chounokoe
Would be nice if it would work that way, but it happens often enough that fans decide what is canon and what is not...
I still need an explicit, official statement that for Higurashi only the original VN serves as canon...still there are enough people who regard everything apart from the original 8 + Rei as not canon.
Old 2009-07-14, 10:03   Link #1122
maximilianjenus
[E]

The detail in most of higurashi arcs is that there are thousands (actually more) of kakera, so little changes in one of those don't matter and actually are supossed to happen. Going by rika's words, in most versions of the Himatsubushi-hen akasaka dies. in all version minus one of the Tsumihoroboshi-hen the school explodes and only shion survives, in some versions of the Watanagashi-Hen Mion tortures Rika; etc...

[EDIT] the whole point of that is that most arcs can easily be accepted as canon, as long as they don't solve the mistery, that's why the ps2 arc with the so called "true end" is not accepted as canon, because it's another kakera that is solved and it can't happen because of rei.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2009-07-14 at 10:05. Reason: Forgot the point.
Old 2009-07-30, 01:21   Link #1123
furacha
mi? mi? ni-paaah!

I have a question.
What was with the last part of the last episode? An alternate universe yet again? or some alternate ending? Why does Miyo meet what I assume is an older Rika when rika hadnt been born yet?

Old 2009-07-30, 09:08   Link #1124
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
That's Frederica Bernkastel she meets, not Rika.
Old 2009-08-04, 05:06   Link #1125
Demoned Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Sonozaki View Post
That's Frederica Bernkastel she meets, not Rika.
Isn't that the name of one of the Witches in Umineko? What's going on?
Old 2009-08-04, 05:21   Link #1126
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Bernkastel is only the remnants, the observer of the kakera space who departed from Frederica at some point.
While Frederica became again the human, "Furude Rika", the one remaining in the kakera world started to drift to another kakera and it is Bernkastel.
more explanations here, here and there.
Old 2009-08-27, 11:09   Link #1127
klare

haha i have read all the explanation links u provided and still do not get it

but i do notice Bernkastel (or the lady that appeared in front of Miyo) looks like Rika and their names are similar - Furede Rika sounds like the Japanese pronounsation of Frederica

anyway, what does that last part mean? Miyo's parents still died?

will this be explained in -Rei?
Old 2009-08-27, 13:48   Link #1128
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
anyway, what does that last part mean? Miyo's parents still died?

will this be explained in -Rei?

This encounter becomes the basis of Rei 02-05.
Old 2009-08-28, 02:36   Link #1129
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
This encounter becomes the basis of Rei 02-05.
ah thx, im relieve they will explain it
Old 2009-09-04, 22:21   Link #1130
Elerie
Mii~

Quote:
And there's no indication of the time passed between Keiichi leaving the house and finding a payphone, let alone the time talking with Ooishi and the police arriving to his house.

As I said, we can't know who damaged. Both Ooishi and Yamainu could have done it. I just think it's more likely to be the Yamainu, since I think it'd be difficult for Ooishi do it with people of the police around, like coroners (It's like a commandment in the police to not touch anything before the coroners).
It is stated in the manga that Oishi was the first person to find the note, so it's most logical that he damaged it, even if he claimed he didn't.

Quote:
7. Can everyone see her horns? Do they just ignore them?
Why don't they her horns 8D? Okay, shoot me. Anyway, I think they can see them, but they assume they're odd-looking hair clips, since japanese school girls where animal ears and such on a daily basis.

Just a couple things I decided to put my opinion on, even if they're from awhile ago ^^;. I couldn't resist.
Old 2009-09-04, 22:28   Link #1131
Ithekro
Warning

"Giant leeches"....
Old 2009-09-04, 23:51   Link #1132
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
A few questions.

Firstly, (this is assuming Rei 2, 3 and 4 are direct continuations of the story after Kai) why is Hanyuu a spiritual being again? I thought she was with them all at the end of Rei, or can she somehow go between corporeal and incorporeal now that they broke themselves out of that self-perpetuating nightmare.

Secondly, is there any solid confirmation that Rei 5 the end of the anime for Higurashi? or is that just speculation. I was going through a bunch of info off of the links I found on the wiki site and I saw a bunch of odd tidbits like a story arc where Rika and Hanyuu went to the beach (might have been a hot spring) for a weekend or so to go cool off now that they were free, which would make an interesting one shot special.

Lastly but most importantly, in Nekogurashi (sp) the Higurashi Special anime episode (the one with the story about the quarry) what the heck was Rena cosplaying as from the punishment game? I just have no clue what that was supposed to be. /boggle

Thank you all in advance.
Old 2009-09-04, 23:55   Link #1133
Ithekro
Warning

Best guess, Hanyuu can do as she wants.

There shouldn't be anything esle to animate...officially.

I think Rena is cosplaying in a elementary school uniform of some kind.
Old 2009-09-05, 10:59   Link #1134
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
A few questions.

Firstly, (this is assuming Rei 2, 3 and 4 are direct continuations of the story after Kai) why is Hanyuu a spiritual being again? I thought she was with them all at the end of Rei, or can she somehow go between corporeal and incorporeal now that they broke themselves out of that self-perpetuating nightmare.

Secondly, is there any solid confirmation that Rei 5 the end of the anime for Higurashi? or is that just speculation. I was going through a bunch of info off of the links I found on the wiki site and I saw a bunch of odd tidbits like a story arc where Rika and Hanyuu went to the beach (might have been a hot spring) for a weekend or so to go cool off now that they were free, which would make an interesting one shot special.

Lastly but most importantly, in Nekogurashi (sp) the Higurashi Special anime episode (the one with the story about the quarry) what the heck was Rena cosplaying as from the punishment game? I just have no clue what that was supposed to be. /boggle

Thank you all in advance.
Higurashi is over now, move on to Umineko, you wont get dissapointed.
Old 2009-09-05, 11:34   Link #1135
Elerie
Mii~

Quote:
A few questions.

It seems that Rei 2 was a continuation from 1, looking at the main character's conversation in the beginning of the episode, and episode 1 was supposed to be placed in Meakashi, called Otsukaresama-kai, but they found it too silly. Which isn't much of a suprise ^^;. So assuming the events took place after Meakashi-hen, Hanyuu still wouldn't have had the idea to become
'real'.

Of course, if it actually takes place after Kai, then it may be because it takes a certain amount of power for Hanyuu to become solid, so after the ending of Kai, she deemed it unnessecary to use the power to stay like she was, and she went back to her spirit form.
Then that would pose the question of why no one was asking where she went...maybe Rika came up with something using the relative excuse.

I'm not completely sure on this one, but those two theories seem to make the most sense.

Quote:
Like Ithekro said, some kind of elementary school uniform. I saw this uniform in Dokuro-chan (Crazy anime...) when 'Binkan' came on, with the little girls in the uniform calling, "Biiiinkaaan~".
I have seen it anywhere else, though xD.
Old 2009-09-06, 23:34   Link #1136
KoiYuki

Quote:
It's a kindergarden uniform. :P
Old 2009-09-07, 22:34   Link #1137
Hanyuu-Chama

Insanity

I've already watched Meakashi-Hen, so I know it was all Shion. But I heard on Wikipedia that MIon went crazy too and eliminated the competition in another Hinamizawa world . Is this true? Where can I read/watch this?

Rena went insane when she left because of the syndrom, correct? The disease couldn;t survive without Hinamizawa and it ravaged Rena's mind and body until she went insane.
Old 2009-09-07, 22:40   Link #1138
Hanyuu-Chama

[QUOTE=Klashikari;2558323]Bernkastel is only the remnants, the observer of the kakera space who departed from Frederica at some point.
While Frederica became again the human, "Furude Rika", the one remaining in the kakera world started to drift to another kakera and it is Bernkastel.
more explanations

What? So Umineko and Higurashi are linked? What!? I'm so confused now
Old 2009-09-07, 23:25   Link #1139
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanyuu-Chama View Post
I've already watched Meakashi-Hen, so I know it was all Shion. But I heard on Wikipedia that MIon went crazy too and eliminated the competition in another Hinamizawa world . Is this true? Where can I read/watch this?
Well as far as I know there is no chapter where Mion goes HS on everybody. Heck she's probably the most sane of the main characters after Rika and Hanyuu.

It's possible you're thinking of Watanagashi-hen where your led to believe it is Mion but...after Meakashi-hen it's shown to be really Shion.
Old 2009-09-08, 00:04   Link #1140
Ithekro
Warning

Mion is probably the only main cast member that never killed anyone at any point in the story. Hanyuu of course doesn't either, but she's added later on, and some could debate on if she caused deaths are not, even if not intentionally.
Closed Thread