AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-08, 00:33   Link #1141
Dansen
U-u-u-aua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanyuu-Chama View Post
Rena went insane when she left because of the syndrom, correct? The disease couldn;t survive without Hinamizawa and it ravaged Rena's mind and body until she went insane.
The reason Rena was affected by Hinamizawa Syndrome was because of the stress of her mother's affair. I'm pretty sure before that she was fine.
Old 2009-09-10, 11:03   Link #1142
maximilianjenus
[E]

that and almost getting raped.

About mion maybe you got confused because mion = shion = mion anyway.
Old 2009-09-12, 01:13   Link #1143
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanyuu-Chama View Post
What? So Umineko and Higurashi are linked? What!? I'm so confused now
Bern in Umineko HAS said things like "what did I used to say? mii~ ni-pah" or something like that, as well as the fight between Bern and Lambda mentioned, but her name is never said as Frederica Bernkastel, and it really doesn't make much of a difference if you think it's overlapped or not.
Old 2009-09-12, 03:40   Link #1144
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I wasn't sure If I should post this in the Umineko or Higurashi forum... But I'll just settle on Higurashi.

I've only seen the anime because my Japanese is hopeless and I can't play the games, so could somebody please explain the Rika/Frederica Bernkastel/Bernkastel(Umineko) thing to me?

I heard somewhere that Frederica Bernkastel is Rika's alter ego and she got the name from a wine(?) and Frederica = Furuderika. And in Umineko, the witch Bernkastel can travel across like kakera like Rika can, and yeah... I'm confused... an explaination would be very much appreciated
Old 2009-09-12, 10:28   Link #1145
Shinguji
Constantly Lurking

There's an ongoing patch for the Japanese game by the Sonozaki Futagotachi, and also there's an english version that MangaGamer.com is selling. So if you really wanted to play the game, those options are available to you.

As for your Bern question: Take a look at Klashkari's post.
Old 2009-10-02, 17:02   Link #1146
Fychan

Send a message via MSN to Fychan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
I've only seen the anime because my Japanese is hopeless and I can't play the games, so could somebody please explain the Rika/Frederica Bernkastel/Bernkastel(Umineko) thing to me?
Well, I don't know much about Umineko, but I'll try my best explaining what Bern is to me:

If you take only Higurashi, Frederika is but an observer. I consider her Rika's conscience; after living the same life over and over again, you start to give up doing anything at all. So it's like Rika just gave up "living" and started acting while observing everything around her, as if you are not part of this. This Rika who is observing everything from afar is Frederika, while the one who is living/acting is Rika.

Frederika already said that she and Rika are not the same person. But for me, in Higurashi's world Frederika was originated from Rika.
This would explain Rika's confusion as whether she is Frederika or Rika on Saikoroshi-hen, as the world she knew as an observer was just shattered.

In Umineko she's a different person (for me) though. I'll put it in spoiler tags since this is the Higurashi board, but I keep in mind I don't know much about Umineko.
Spoiler for Umineko:

Well, this is just my opnion. Sorry if it's lengthy, I have so much to talk about Higurashi that when I see an oportunity to let out all my thoughts I just can't stop ^^'
Old 2009-10-02, 19:01   Link #1147
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fychan View Post
Spoiler for Umineko:
Spoiler for Umineko:
Old 2009-10-02, 22:06   Link #1148
Ithekro
Warning

Hmmmm.

Spoiler for Umineko:
Old 2009-10-03, 19:05   Link #1149
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elerie View Post
It seems that Rei 2 was a continuation from 1, looking at the main character's conversation in the beginning of the episode, and episode 1 was supposed to be placed in Meakashi, called Otsukaresama-kai, but they found it too silly. Which isn't much of a suprise ^^;. So assuming the events took place after Meakashi-hen, Hanyuu still wouldn't have had the idea to become
'real'.

Of course, if it actually takes place after Kai, then it may be because it takes a certain amount of power for Hanyuu to become solid, so after the ending of Kai, she deemed it unnessecary to use the power to stay like she was, and she went back to her spirit form.

When does this episode take place? Does it take place after the events of Episode 24 from Season 2? It appears so from what Rika is thinking, saying that they have won and that she should enjoy it.

But still if so, why is Hanyuu back to being invisible? How is Takano around in bikini like if nothing ever happened?
Old 2009-10-03, 19:30   Link #1150
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfer View Post
When does this episode take place? Does it take place after the events of Episode 24 from Season 2? It appears so from what Rika is thinking, saying that they have won and that she should enjoy it.

But still if so, why is Hanyuu back to being invisible? How is Takano around in bikini like if nothing ever happened?
Episodes 1 and 5 of Rei are taken place alternate worlds that have no connection to the world where the crisis was resolved.

Episodes 2, 3 and 4 are the only episodes that occur after Kai.
Old 2009-10-03, 20:58   Link #1151
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Episodes 1 and 5 of Rei are taken place alternate worlds that have no connection to the world where the crisis was resolved.

Episodes 2, 3 and 4 are the only episodes that occur after Kai.
Episode 1 was a prelude to Episode 2, 3 and 4. At the beginning of the second episode, they where coming back from the swimming pool which was means Episode 2 only took place a couple minutes or couple hours after Episode 1.
Old 2009-10-03, 21:03   Link #1152
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Episode 1 was a prelude to Episode 2, 3 and 4. At the beginning of the second episode, they where coming back from the swimming pool which was means Episode 2 only took place a couple minutes or couple hours after Episode 1.
That can't be right. Takano was with them in the pool episode.

Old 2009-10-03, 21:15   Link #1153
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
That can't be right. Takano was with them in the pool episode.
At the beginning of the second episode they where still talking about the events that took place at the swimming pool, how Mihon which she had a camera and how Rena thought Keiichi furr looked so cute.
Old 2009-10-03, 21:38   Link #1154
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
At the beginning of the second episode they where still talking about the events that took place at the swimming pool, how Mihon which she had a camera and how Rena thought Keiichi furr looked so cute.
Even then... Takano's appearance should be clue enough that it was a different story all together. Even if she was there (which couldn't have been the case since she was taken away in Matsuribayashi-hen), I highly doubt that Rika and her friends would just play innocently with her.

It's more likely that this was a different world all together, the first story was based off of a side story that Ryukishi took out for being too long... and has no relation with Saikoroshi-hen as far as I know.

Old 2009-10-03, 21:42   Link #1155
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I think Takano was forgiven, or atleast tolerated by the others, what she did was blame on the syndrome and true enemy was Nomura who forced her into that situation, though doubt Rika will forgive so easily, but the others should not have such memories. And the Rika of the present might not keep all those recollections. Hanyu likely fixed things so people do not dwell on that past, since Hanyu seems to have some preoccupation of taking all the sins on herself Though I only have the anime to draw that conclusion since only have few manga.
But believe this would be the best solution and can also explain why people might not remember Hanyu.
Old 2009-10-03, 21:58   Link #1156
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I think Takano was forgiven, or atleast tolerated by the others, what she did was blame on the syndrome and true enemy was Nomura who forced her into that situation, though doubt Rika will forgive so easily, but the others should not have such memories. And the Rika of the present might not keep all those recollections. Hanyu likely fixed things so people do not dwell on that past, since Hanyu seems to have some preoccupation of taking all the sins on herself Though I only have the anime to draw that conclusion since only have few manga.
But believe this would be the best solution and can also explain why people might not remember Hanyu.
I don't believe that's what happened. Also, Rika showed obvious signs of "recollecting the past" in the pool arc (she still had her Bernkastel side in that one). There are many facts pointing to these just being joke episodes as well (Takano still having the Yamainu? I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the case after Matsuribayashi-hen.).

Don't take the first or last episode seriously. The only one that follows the story is Saikoroshi-hen. Like I said, the pool arc was just an extra.

EDIT: Also... forgiving and accepting somebody who was completely hellbent on murdering you no matter what you tried to do isn't something that I could see anybody doing.

Old 2009-10-04, 02:19   Link #1157
KoiYuki

Alright, here are the easiest answers to all of this.

It was a similar world in ep 2, but NOT the same world as ep 1. Takano probably wasn't there.
But either way, who cares? It was an episode made just for fun, and them mentioning it was irrelevant.
Old 2009-10-04, 05:46   Link #1158
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Is there any way we can just pin the base Q&A for Rei somewhere? We've taken up at least 10 pages per episode thread re-answering the same set of preliminary questions.
Old 2009-10-04, 06:46   Link #1159
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I think Takano was forgiven, or atleast tolerated by the others, what she did was blame on the syndrome and true enemy was Nomura who forced her into that situation, though doubt Rika will forgive so easily, but the others should not have such memories.
I think so too.
Old 2009-11-09, 18:04   Link #1160
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
How is Shion dressed at the end of Watanagashi-hen / Meakashi-hen? The anime suggests she's still dressed like Mion when she falls; if so, why doesn't Ooishi make any mention of it?
Closed Thread