AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-09, 21:07   Link #1161
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Actually in episode 2 in the eye-opening chapter, first time oishi meets shion is dressed as mion.
Old 2009-11-10, 06:48   Link #1162
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
How is Shion dressed at the end of Watanagashi-hen / Meakashi-hen? The anime suggests she's still dressed like Mion when she falls; if so, why doesn't Ooishi make any mention of it?
She was dressed like Mion, but her shirt ripped, her hair tie fell out, and her bra was exposed from the corner of her clothes that we could see. I don't know why Ooishi wouldn't mention it.. I think he did to Keiichi, but I haven't watched that part in a while.
Old 2009-12-20, 16:37   Link #1163
lighto13
Zero Knight

so what is the truth behind the hinamizawa syndrome?
does it really exist?
watanagashi hen basically denied the theory that the Queen Carrier theory is false
so it must be an excuse takano brings up to convince the military to kill off the village

so, the hinamizawa syndrome causes villagers to have delusions? but what conditions are needed to have such delusions? when you begin to doubt friends?

and i would like Takano's true motives explained as much as possible

btw i finished the anime and still dont get it
Old 2009-12-21, 10:10   Link #1164
June 1983

I think you've basically summarized the way Hinamizawa syndrome works.

Takano's motives were (initially) to prove the research of her adopted father about the syndrome to be correct, but Tokyo wouldn't accept it unless it could be proven to be a power war weapon. Along the way I think she got infected by the syndrome herself and began to have extreme delusions of grandeur.
Old 2009-12-25, 12:47   Link #1165
maximilianjenus
[E]

thehinamizawa syndrome works the same way as stress, if you are strong physically (sleep, eat well and exercise regularly) it has very little effect, the weaker you are (like k1 not sleeping in the onikakushi) the stronger it hits you.
Old 2009-12-29, 22:49   Link #1166
Tealeafy
✿Higurashi+Umineko Fan✿

I was watching one of my Higurashi DVDs today and I remembered a few questions that bugged me ever since I first watched the series:

At the end of the second arc, did Shion actually (somehow) appear in the hospital and kill Keiichi, or was that just a hallucination he had due to the Syndrome?

Also, is the demon tattoo actually on Shion (and not Mion) since the demon somehow "grew inside of her"?
Old 2009-12-29, 22:56   Link #1167
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeafy View Post
At the end of the second arc, did Shion actually (somehow) appear in the hospital and kill Keiichi, or was that just a hallucination he had due to the Syndrome?
This is one of the most often asked things about the series so dun worry about it. xD

But anywho, no that was not Shion or something caused by the HS. It was just a hallucination brought on by paranoia that scared Keiichi so badly his heart stopped and killed him.

Quote:
Also, is the demon tattoo actually on Shion (and not Mion) since the demon somehow "grew inside of her"?
Hard to say, since Shion was indeed the one willing to show it at the time but then she was stopped by Rena.

I heard a theory that once after birth Mion and Shion were mixed up and Shion accidentally recieved the tattoo. Once the Sonozaki family realized their mistake they gave Mion hers. Shion's couldn't be removed so she still has it. In other words, both twins have the tattoo.

Also as we already know, there was no demon possessing her. It was just madness brought on by the syndrome.
Old 2009-12-30, 07:52   Link #1168
Tealeafy
✿Higurashi+Umineko Fan✿

Thank you so much! ^^ That really helped clear things up for me. xD
Old 2009-12-30, 13:10   Link #1169
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

Hard to say, since Shion was indeed the one willing to show it at the time but then she was stopped by Rena.

I heard a theory that once after birth Mion and Shion were mixed up and Shion accidentally recieved the tattoo. Once the Sonozaki family realized their mistake they gave Mion hers. Shion's couldn't be removed so she still has it. In other words, both twins have the tattoo.

Also as we already know, there was no demon possessing her. It was just madness brought on by the syndrome.

I think it actually was like thi:

The Mion we know is actually the one who was orginally Shion, and the Shion we know was orginally Mion and she where going to be the next Sonozaki head, even in early age they already switched places with each other one day Mion (who is the Shion we know) where invited at a banquet and her sister was going to a amusment park, but they switched places, not knowing that the banquet was the time that ''Mion'' would get her demon tatoo so fram that day ''Shion'' was Mion and was going to be the next head and ''Mion'' the real heiress became Shion and was sent to the barding school. therfore Mion alway blames herself for what happened to Shion.

So Shion actually dont have a demon tatoo at all she just acted in front of Rena & Keiichi
Old 2009-12-30, 20:41   Link #1170
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
I think it actually was like thi:

The Mion we know is actually the one who was orginally Shion, and the Shion we know was orginally Mion and she where going to be the next Sonozaki head, even in early age they already switched places with each other one day Mion (who is the Shion we know) where invited at a banquet and her sister was going to a amusment park, but they switched places, not knowing that the banquet was the time that ''Mion'' would get her demon tatoo so fram that day ''Shion'' was Mion and was going to be the next head and ''Mion'' the real heiress became Shion and was sent to the barding school. therfore Mion alway blames herself for what happened to Shion.

So Shion actually dont have a demon tatoo at all she just acted in front of Rena & Keiichi

Indeed, as is indicated in the mini-spoilers which pepper the season 1 OP. This incident in particular is why Shion tells Rena and Keiichi that the demon is engraved not only on her body, but her soul as well.

EDIT: The english dub does not mention about the demon being engraved on her soul, but I believe the subs do.
Old 2009-12-31, 07:03   Link #1171
Tealeafy
✿Higurashi+Umineko Fan✿

Quote:
Wait, but if they switched places and the Shion that we know now switched with Mion on the day she was going to get her tattoo... then wouldn't Shion have a tattoo since she was pretending to be Mion on that day (also, in the OP when the twins are shown, one of them has a big tattoo-like marking on her back, so I think it exists on one of them... probably Shion)?
Old 2009-12-31, 07:25   Link #1172
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator

The girl who was orginally Shion and now is named Mion (the one who is in love with Keiichi) has the tatoo, the one who was orginally Mion and now is named Shion (the one who loves Satoshi) is the one without a tatoo she simply lied in front of Keiichi and Rena to make them belive she was Mion, that is also the reason Mion while sitting in the cell calls Shion onee-sama they switched back to their real names so Shion was the oldest.
Old 2009-12-31, 07:31   Link #1173
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeafy View Post
Wait, but if they switched places and the Shion that we know now switched with Mion on the day she was going to get her tattoo... then wouldn't Shion have a tattoo since she was pretending to be Mion on that day (also, in the OP when the twins are shown, one of them has a big tattoo-like marking on her back, so I think it exists on one of them... probably Shion)?
As denoted in the season 1 OP, the one with the pony tail on the left (we're to assume that is the "Mion" we know) has the mark, while the other on the right does not. The OP then cuts to the image of the butterfly, showing only the right wing torn. It then cuts to the twin in the school uniform dropping to her knees and revealing the demon eyes. This indicates that Mion has the mark, but Shion has the demon's blood which makes her the true heir.

My understanding from Meakashi-hen, was that by the time of Keiichi and Rena's confrontation with her, Shion could scarcely distinguish between the identities of "Mion" and "Shion," so she could have believed that she carried the mark but in reality did not.
Old 2009-12-31, 07:36   Link #1174
Tealeafy
✿Higurashi+Umineko Fan✿

Quote:
that is also the reason Mion while sitting in the cell calls Shion onee-sama they switched back to their real names so Shion was the oldest.
I always wondered about that. Thanks to both you and Dante of the Inferno for making things clearer. ^_^
Old 2010-02-19, 21:34   Link #1175
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
As denoted in the season 1 OP, the one with the pony tail on the left (we're to assume that is the "Mion" we know) has the mark, while the other on the right does not. The OP then cuts to the image of the butterfly, showing only the right wing torn. It then cuts to the twin in the school uniform dropping to her knees and revealing the demon eyes. This indicates that Mion has the mark, but Shion has the demon's blood which makes her the true heir.

My understanding from Meakashi-hen, was that by the time of Keiichi and Rena's confrontation with her, Shion could scarcely distinguish between the identities of "Mion" and "Shion," so she could have believed that she carried the mark but in reality did not.
What Rena said about Mion and Shion being the same is fundamentally true, both are capable of being the 'demon', of which circumstance would determine who went crazy or not.
Old 2010-02-20, 09:52   Link #1176
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator

No Mion never becomes crazy at all, what rena meant about them being the same is that Mion also is a girl just like Shion and was just as sweet as her.
Old 2010-02-21, 19:14   Link #1177
aldw

Quote:
No Mion never becomes crazy at all, what rena meant about them being the same is that Mion also is a girl just like Shion and was just as sweet as her.
I know Mion didn't go crazy, but she has just as much potential as Shion to do so, that was the point. Circumstance just didn't let that happen.
Old 2010-02-21, 20:26   Link #1178
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
I know Mion didn't go crazy, but she has just as much potential as Shion to do so, that was the point. Circumstance just didn't let that happen.
Actually Mion's upbringing and situation makes her different in this regard. She has no reason to be affected by the Hinamizawa Syndrome while Shion has plenty of reasons. The fact that they kinda accidentally switched places and Mion got the better deal out of the two is a big part of that. Mion hasn't ever gone psycho like Shion has for that reason.

Unless you mean she has the potential to go crazy if she had a bad enough experience to drive her to that point... but really, that could be said for anybody.

Old 2010-03-03, 11:52   Link #1179
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Remember Rule Z? "The Sonozaki bluff aggravates everything."

Of all the characters, Mion knows that the Sonozakis have nothing to do with Oyashiro's curse, so she is immune to that stress.

At the end of Tatarigoroshi-hen (VN and manga), a Kameda is listed among the dead. Is that the same Kameda who was pitching against Hinamizawa earlier? If so, what was he doing there?
Old 2010-05-26, 03:13   Link #1180
xendor

Who clear game 100% kakera asobi append version.Answer me please.

Sorry, I don't English.
I want to know in the end of the game has scenes bernkastel back in time to takano or not.
Because after I finished playing it without this scene. (I'm not playing 100% complete and I play a copy CD).
I don't want K1 engaged Mion removed becuase it.
Closed Thread