AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-12-29, 17:12   Link #161
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehtf View Post
Is it possible to briefly describe this alt ending (in the spoiler tag) compared to the normal ending? Cos from what I heard the PS2 ending will be the "true ending" that the author had in mind. just want to know if it's related to piece #52 that you all are talking about.
Nah. It's really just a short excerpt, and intended just for your own amusement.

Spoiler:
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2006-12-29, 17:30   Link #162
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehtf View Post
Is it possible to briefly describe this alt ending (in the spoiler tag) compared to the normal ending? Cos from what I heard the PS2 ending will be the "true ending" that the author had in mind. just want to know if it's related to piece #52 that you all are talking about.
Well, to hold back on the details...
Spoiler:


As for the PS2 final chapter, Miotsukushi-hen, I haven't heard anything about it being the "true ending" (with the way Minagoroshi-hen played out, I doubt you can get any "truer" of an ending than Matsuribayashi-hen though). It's true that it will be an "alternate" ending to Matsuribayashi-hen, but whether or not Miotsukushi is "truer"... well, we'll find out when the game is released on 1/28.
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline  
Old 2006-12-30, 06:21   Link #163
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
As for the PS2 final chapter, Miotsukushi-hen, I haven't heard anything about it being the "true ending" (with the way Minagoroshi-hen played out, I doubt you can get any "truer" of an ending than Matsuribayashi-hen though). It's true that it will be an "alternate" ending to Matsuribayashi-hen, but whether or not Miotsukushi is "truer"... well, we'll find out when the game is released on 1/28.
I've read it in some wikipedia around, and maybe they advertised something like that... whatever...

But I wouldn't take it seriously. To me it's more like something to try to grab the interest of people and sell a few more copies hehe
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2006-12-30, 19:20   Link #164
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
I heard they advertised that thePS2 version will have the "true ending" because some people weren't satisfied with Matsuribayashi-hen's ending, and that Ryukishi07 personally rewritten the whole "ending" again (maybe to suit the PS2 version's playing style?). After all, they all wanted to know what happened past June of 1983, espically according to Matsuribayashi-hen's ending.

Of course, now that Saikoroshi-hen is out, that question is answered.
Rias is offline  
Old 2007-01-08, 17:40   Link #165
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Somewhere near Seattle
Age: 44
Okay, I have a question...maybe I missed the connection somewhere, but what was the deal with Satoko's uncle's body dissapearing, and the hole having to be redug? Or is that covered explicitly later in the remaining arcs? I've watched all the eps, read all the TIPS and Pieces, and bought the disc and am playing the fan translations (I know, I should have waited on the Pieces then, but...), but that's the one gap I'm still puzzled over.
Ayu-ayu is offline  
Old 2007-01-08, 17:58   Link #166
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
Okay, I have a question...maybe I missed the connection somewhere, but what was the deal with Satoko's uncle's body dissapearing, and the hole having to be redug? Or is that covered explicitly later in the remaining arcs? I've watched all the eps, read all the TIPS and Pieces, and bought the disc and am playing the fan translations (I know, I should have waited on the Pieces then, but...), but that's the one gap I'm still puzzled over.
Read between the lines when Rena insists on seeing a receipt, Mion asking Kei to come over later to her house to "read manga," the Hinamizawa credo of helping each other out, and it's pretty obvious.
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 09:56   Link #167
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Read between the lines when Rena insists on seeing a receipt, Mion asking Kei to come over later to her house to "read manga," the Hinamizawa credo of helping each other out, and it's pretty obvious.
Add to that, besides the treasure hunting thing, "Mion" answering Keiichi phone call the night before of watanagashi.

When he said: "I have things to do and I can't go to the festival, please take Satoko with you". "Mion" said she received a similar call in the past and murmured to herself "Satoshi-kun..."

If you rewatch Meakashi-hen you will see how this phone call proceeded (I'm assuming here some events in the past happen in a similar way in every world)

Then we have one more person involved in it all
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 09:59   Link #168
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
and since keiichi asked blatantly a "request" to mion, as the heir of the sonozaki, you can deduce who did this, and how they cover it.

with some extent, it can be linked with Tsumihoroboshi-hen
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2007-01-09, 15:22   Link #169
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
I have some question regarding Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen.

Spoiler:


Maybe I should go read Meakashi-hen...but I'm currently slowly reading Himatsubushi-hen...The game just contains so much more info...
Rias is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 15:48   Link #170
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I have some question regarding Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen.

Spoiler:


Maybe I should go read Meakashi-hen...but I'm currently slowly reading Himatsubushi-hen...The game just contains so much more info...
i don't think we need spoiler in this thread, hence, i give my opinion without spoiler tags

1. well, there ARE difference between the 2 chapters (and some mistakes in the original TIPS, right kj? ). however, the similarities are really too much to think that they are different, especially with Rika's comment, in the beginning of Minagoroshi-hen.
So we can consider that Meakashi-hen is indeed Watanagashi-hen, with slight differences due the randomness/butterfly effect of the "worlds" in Higurashi. (i think KJ has the complete explanation about this, i talked to him a while back for some inconsistancies of meakashi-hen TIPS, and Ryukishi gave some explanation of these already)

2. at first, i thought shion said this, in order to prevent herself being recognized by keiichi as "shion" and not "mion".
however, in the anime version of meakashi-hen, Shion said that, after the doll incident mion was sad and depressed. because of her conversation with her, shion, who was able to seal her feelings for satoshi, had some flashback, so, reviving her insanity she had 1 year earlier, after the "nail incident" and satoshi-s disappearance.
while it seems rather cranky, this explanation is plausible.

i won't take these answers as canon, we would definitavely need the novel informations about theses 2.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-01-09 at 16:01.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2007-01-10, 11:24   Link #171
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
1. well, there ARE difference between the 2 chapters (and some mistakes in the original TIPS, right kj? ). however, the similarities are really too much to think that they are different, especially with Rika's comment, in the beginning of Minagoroshi-hen.
So we can consider that Meakashi-hen is indeed Watanagashi-hen, with slight differences due the randomness/butterfly effect of the "worlds" in Higurashi. (i think KJ has the complete explanation about this, i talked to him a while back for some inconsistancies of meakashi-hen TIPS, and Ryukishi gave some explanation of these already)
What are the inconsistencies of Meakashi TIPS?
Are you talking about that stuff of Shion's/Mion's names apparently mistakenly swapped in some TIPS?
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2007-01-10, 11:40   Link #172
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
no, in fact, 2 tips are conflicting each other.
TIPS #109 and TIPS #113

In the TIPS 113, it is stated that rika died the 22nd june.

However, on the police investigation, TIPS 109, it appears that the 21th is the LATEST date possible, because between Rika's death and Keiichi's confrontation against mion, at least 1 day have passed. (like i said in this thread about the 48hours theory here, more than 48 hours have passed in fact)

The police barged in the 22nd, so the TIPS 113 has a mistake. (if i take my previous post into account, i would say rika died around the 19-20th, if we consider the 22nd as the canon date for the police barging)

If we consider the TIPS 109 as the faulty one, well... TIPS 113 is still helluva broken, since Mion's death on this TIPS is also on the 22nd june, whish is impossible time wise.

according to KJ, Ryukishi made the mistake, and gave a reply about this, when several japanese players discovered that mistake.
He tried to change the difference between Watanagashi and Meakashi (the days in Watanagashi were 18-20, and Meakashi were 19-21) to show that though the two are similar, they are not necessarily equal. However, while he was trying to change the dates, he went overboard and didn't notice the inconsistencies.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-01-10 at 11:53.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2007-01-10, 17:22   Link #173
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Somewhere near Seattle
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Read between the lines when Rena insists on seeing a receipt, Mion asking Kei to come over later to her house to "read manga," the Hinamizawa credo of helping each other out, and it's pretty obvious.
Ah, okay! That was one of my original thoughts, but that damn Takano's dialogue with Keiichi afterwards and some other stuff started making me second guess myself and make it more complicated than it was.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Ayu-ayu is offline  
Old 2007-01-10, 20:24   Link #174
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
no, in fact, 2 tips are conflicting each other.
TIPS #109 and TIPS #113

In the TIPS 113, it is stated that rika died the 22nd june.

However, on the police investigation, TIPS 109, it appears that the 21th is the LATEST date possible, because between Rika's death and Keiichi's confrontation against mion, at least 1 day have passed. (like i said in this thread about the 48hours theory here, more than 48 hours have passed in fact)

The police barged in the 22nd, so the TIPS 113 has a mistake. (if i take my previous post into account, i would say rika died around the 19-20th, if we consider the 22nd as the canon date for the police barging)

If we consider the TIPS 109 as the faulty one, well... TIPS 113 is still helluva broken, since Mion's death on this TIPS is also on the 22nd june, whish is impossible time wise.

according to KJ, Ryukishi made the mistake, and gave a reply about this, when several japanese players discovered that mistake.
He tried to change the difference between Watanagashi and Meakashi (the days in Watanagashi were 18-20, and Meakashi were 19-21) to show that though the two are similar, they are not necessarily equal. However, while he was trying to change the dates, he went overboard and didn't notice the inconsistencies.
Man...
What a mess heheehe
And to think everything woul be solved just by changing 22nd to 20th on TIP 113...

Maybe it was just a mistyping

And it all apply to Satoko's death date too
But her date could have been 21st or maybe 20th, whatever...
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2007-01-11, 13:05   Link #175
tehtf
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Just a side note, seems every person had their hands stanined with blood after all the chapters, all excecpt Mion. Think she's the only one left that hasn't really go L5 in the series. It will be interesting if Ryukishi will make one more question and answer arc for "the real Mion going mad" senario.... it will be interesting.
tehtf is offline  
Old 2007-01-11, 17:51   Link #176
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehtf View Post
Just a side note, seems every person had their hands stanined with blood after all the chapters, all excecpt Mion. Think she's the only one left that hasn't really go L5 in the series. It will be interesting if Ryukishi will make one more question and answer arc for "the real Mion going mad" senario.... it will be interesting.
PS2 port will have a pair of extra scenarios...

maybe it will be in this one...
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2007-02-24, 19:36   Link #177
riprock
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
speculation

All right, this is just my speculation, but I've been reading all the "tips" and "pieces" over and over and I don't think anyone has yet voiced the following theory:

Spoiler for new spoiler:


So, yeah, that's my theory on what happened.
riprock is offline  
Old 2007-02-24, 20:39   Link #178
David Johnston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I have some question regarding Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen.

Spoiler:


Maybe I should go read Meakashi-hen...but I'm currently slowly reading Himatsubushi-hen...The game just contains so much more info...
Well it's been a while now.

Keiichi not giving the doll to Mion causes her to go to Shion and share her feelings about Keiichi. On the surface this leads to Shion deciding to screw with the two of them by posing as Mion, both to amuse herself and also to further their relationship by getting Keiichi to think of Mion as a girl and getting Mion to drop her pose of disregard. However subconsciously she's doing it because she's jealous and resentful of her sister for being in love with someone who is a lot like Satoshi, right down to the mannerism of patting girls on the head, while the real Satoshi is apparently dead. This increases Shion's stress level, awakening the syndrome with resulting paranoia that starts everything tumbling down.
David Johnston is offline  
Old 2007-02-24, 21:39   Link #179
riprock
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
apology comparison

It's weird to note that Satoko, Mion/Shion, and Reina all have a certain apology style.

Spoiler for "apology:


Of course, all of the above is just my speculation based on the anime, which is not the same as the game.
riprock is offline  
Old 2007-02-25, 09:13   Link #180
Regel
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
And I want to ask:

Was the person gomenasaing to Keichi under rain in the 1st ark Rena or not (Hanyuu && delusion)?
Regel is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.