AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Battleship?
White Base 11 16.42%
Albion 7 10.45%
Argama 13 19.40%
Gray Phantom 2 2.99%
Nahel Argama 4 5.97%
Archangel 34 50.75%
Minerva 10 14.93%
Eternal 13 19.40%
Kusanagi 4 5.97%
Other 12 17.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-08, 18:26   Link #21
nightbringer360

Chalk another one for the Argama.

I fell in love with it when I saw Zeta Gundam and I haven't looked back.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 20:48   Link #22
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Plot devices of the series and unoriginality aside, I vote for the Archangel because I like its design and it has nice firepower and artillery.

But the bath scene was a minus. Definitely. I'm sorry, but that was just stupid, pointless, and there for nothing but fanservice, which demotes Gundam shouldn't need fanservice to attract viewers in the first place. I find it so pintless and stupid because this ia a battlehip. Unlike in Shakugan no Shana where it makes perfect sense that there's a bathroom and bathtub in a civilian house, it just looks too stupid on a battlehip. Renovations of the ship and the non-military personality of the crew, whatever, it just looked stupid. The same talk that took place in that scene would have been done just as well in any other part of the ship. Not to mention I don't find Lacus or Cagalli attractive at all. They're not ugly, but they're not attractive to me whatsoever.
of course you don't find them attractive your a girl!(well last i remember)that and lacus has weird hair.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 20:52   Link #23
JokerD

Speaking of the Archangel and the angel bath, I hope they remember to drain the water before going into battle else with the barrel rolls that the ship likes to do, it's gonna be a mess to clean up.

For me the mother vanguard is one of my favs, but only in the looks department, I can't remember if the weapons are good but in the UC most battleship weapons are useless since they can't hit anything anyway.

Other than that the Archangel or the Pegaus would be nice.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 21:17   Link #24
rtwesen

Minerva. The bow and arrow design is awesome

i don't really like the 'sphinx'-like designs of whitebase. But the argama is okay.
Old 2006-01-08, 21:45   Link #25
RabidZeph

I'm surprised I'm the only one voting for the Ra Cailum so far. For a flagship cruiser, it's one of the best ships I've seen. It's perfectly capable of holding its own, and with a competent pilot compliment, it should be unstoppable.
RabidZeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 01:05   Link #26
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Who forgot to include Eternal?!!! How can you not love a flagship completely coated in LACUS DUST?!

But I voted for Archangel, because that ship is UNFUCKINGSTOPPABLE. Forget your argama, or your blown-up whitebase at the battle of solomon...armed to the teeth, not to mention it has a ramen restaurant, an ANGEL BATH, tons of bunks, wide clean halls, a bridge which has full satellite tv service...god...I wonder why the gang even had to live in that bigass house...you'd think they'd get used to their big shiny white mobile home!

And then it carries gundams that make wing zero look underpowered.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 01:24   Link #27
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Forget your argama, or your blown-up whitebase at the battle of solomon..
A Baoa Qu actually not Solomon.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 05:03   Link #28
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

For CE I would say the Agamemnon class and Nelson class, they get no Love

And for UC I would pick the later versions of the Musai and the 0083 version salamis , they are just sleek
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 13:25   Link #29
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33
of course you don't find them attractive your a girl!(well last i remember)that and lacus has weird hair.
I'm a guy. The Shana avatar and sig pic are just to devote my loyalty to the goddess of kickass-ness.
Old 2006-01-09, 14:21   Link #30
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

sorry shinji but your posts and comments lead me to belive you where a girl(specially that one where yousaid you hated the annoying fanservice f+m had in gsd).my favorite uc ship is white base(it's the classic)
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 14:39   Link #31
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Well I find the fanservice annoying too, I dont hate fanservice but theres a time and place for that. In a war story it just kills the atmosphere depending on when they show it.
Old 2006-01-09, 14:53   Link #32
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Where's the Birmingham, Zanzibar and the Dogossie Gier?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 15:03   Link #33
lordyu

My favorite ship in any Gundam series is the Agamemnon class (refit) ships. I think they look the best an are more versitile the any other mass produced ship in the CE.

My second was the Girty Lue which wass so disrespected at the END of GSD. I was hoping for a final fight with the Minerva.
lordyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 19:03   Link #34
Strike Mk.II

The first Ship that sprang to my mind was the Albion. Nice looking ship. Plus it got to house Dendrobium Orchis.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 20:04   Link #35
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It's funny when you look at the 2 since the Dendrobium Orchis is like...almost the same size, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 20:08   Link #36
polar720

Seeing how I hate Lacus with a passion, I couldn`t like the bath scenes (this is besides the ridiculous fact that these people are bathing in a nice bath on a battlecruiser-_-;. And the fact that Archangel`s positron cannon can be stopped by a simple mobile suit, lead me to not like it much. Argama had Bright as a captain and survived through two wars, and has no stupid bath. Now that`s a battleship....
polar720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 05:11   Link #37
Gundams

Archangel. They are very smart as they sometimes goes underwater to attack the opponent
Gundams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 05:35   Link #38
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Ugh...........this is a tough choice for me.

Albion-
Really nice design and spinoff the Pegasus class ships, I'm personally a big fan of this ship. Though I'm not sure if it was a refit or a sub class like the Arghama line.

Ra Cailum-
One of the sweetest and sleekest battleship designs ever made with multiple launche ramps everywhere and some pretty heavy armanents.

Freeden-
A really cool land cruiser design, even if it technically isn't a battleship and more of a carrier outfitted with just 2 cannons.

Soleil-
Diana Soleil's personal flagship has one of the most majestic designs of any battleship and itsn't too shabby either on the weapons. A really powerful I-Field barrier and devastating mega particle cannon.

Gendarme-
Shame nobody has mentioned Gym Ghinigham's personal ship, it had a really intimidating and unique design. Quite nice on its own, the tentacle like attachments making it look like a flying squid was rather cool.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 06:40   Link #39
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Battleship Libra

easily
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 06:48   Link #40
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I chose Soliel, simply because it looks beautiful.

My 2nd favourite would be Ra Cairum or Archangel
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote