AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2008-09-02, 21:36   Link #1441
Nagumo
Random Translator

13 – Late Night Clothing Shop

Woman: So yeah, when I heard the shop’s alarm I came down here as fast as possible and well, it’s how it is now…
Kailor: So you didn’t see anything?
Woman: There was no one there.
Kailor: This is Officer Kailor 04, at E37 there’s been a robbery at a clothing good store. Damage seems to be a broken show window and a few clothing items stolen. The inside of the store and neighbouring streets were empty since it’s late. There doesn’t seem to be any witnesses. Yes, the security camera managed to capture the face of the criminal very clearly. Please arrange a search. Yes sir, the suspect is a large built woman about 175 cm tall, wearing a bodysuit and a video visor on her face. Among the stolen articles appear to be a summer coat and boots, she may be wearing them. I’ll send you a picture of the articles of clothing now.
Mariage: Ix…
Old 2008-09-03, 03:03   Link #1442
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Sorry for the late reply, I had been thinking over your question regarding whether the Church and Carim are actively spreading the word about Vivio or if they are trying to keep it under wraps…

I don’t see any evidence canonically, be it by cd drama or anime or manga, of the Church or Carim going out of their way and announcing the return of the Sankt Kaiser. That being said, you do have to remember that Vivio the moeblob was the fuel/controller of the Cradle and involved in a worldwide terrorist act, even if she was rather reluctant. I mean, you just can’t cover up things like that.

Now, unless the TSAB has wonderful information controls to hide facts about Vivio and the media on Midchilda are absolutely incompetent, I’m willing to bet that the media of Midchilda was all over the story and managed to find out a bit about Vivio and her role. Figuring out or positing that she is a clone of the Sankt Kaiser since the legendary Cradle, a weapon only useable by those who possess the blood of the Sankt Kaiser.

The knowledge that the legendary weapons of the Ancient Belkan War could only be controller by the “Kings” seems to be common knowledge. So add two and two together, you get four. Massive legendary weapon, check. Known to be only controlled by the Belkan Sankt Kaiser, check. Child rescued from the place and adopted by Nanoha, etc, etc… Well ain’t that suspicious?

You also forget that the Church is… well… how the Japanese probably see Christianity as with their own Shinto influences thrown in. Worshiping a person as a ‘kami’ (I’m reluctant to use the English word, god, because it has a loaded and nuanced word to most people) is not at all unusual in Shinto. I mean, this is a country that used to worship the Emperor as a kami during World War 2.

Also when people die in Japan, they are regarded as ‘hotoke’ or literally, became a Buddha. Not because they’ve become enlightened but because they’ve died and become ‘kami’, worthy of worship as ancestor spirits on their family altars. It wouldn’t too much of a stretch if the person was impressive enough they’ll worship the person after death as a god. I mean, take a look at the Chinese god Guan Yu. An actual once living man and general who lived during the Three Kingdoms period, died and has become a popularly worshipped as a deity of loyalty and righteousness.

I’ve even met a physical ‘kami’ in Japan that happened to be in the form of a person as I traveled throughout Shikoku during my 88 temple pilgrimage. You want to know who she is? A granny who is, if still alive, over a hundred years old and has gone completely senile. A phase where the person has now become a ‘kami’ because they no longer inhabit the real world but the domain of the gods in their old age in the view of the older members of the family who takes care of her. But really, it just means she’s not all there and the old superstitions of where her mind/spirit (kokoro) is wandering about when she’s not all there is in play.

It would not be surprised if people started putting Vivio into their prayers because they regard her as the ‘kami’ of the Church. She is the ‘kami’ made flesh and currently walks amongst them as a human once again.
Very good sociological take on the situation. Saved for further reference. >=3
Old 2008-09-03, 03:48   Link #1443
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I don't think they're going out of their way to announce it myself, but its pretty certain that they don't bother keeping it a secret either. At least two of their own sisters -Otto and Deed- are calling her heika in public, and even Subaru, who isn't exactly the type to use official terms, calls her Seiou heika, even noting that Vivio doesn't like it when she calls her that. And since Vivio is basically the source of the church's worship, I'd be surprised if they did nothing.
Old 2008-09-03, 06:42   Link #1444
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

A question about the SSX booklet.

Has someone translated the cast section? I'm pretty interested in who voiced the new characters.
Old 2008-09-03, 10:43   Link #1445
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Has someone translated the cast section? I'm pretty interested in who voiced the new characters.
Ixpellia = Kawasumi Ayako
Runessa Magunasu = Asakawa Yuu

.... who are the other new people again? Lol. >w>;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 10:56   Link #1446
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post

Cool... Saber and Rider!

Thanks!
I always like to know where I heard those voices before. So even if it's only two of them helps me alot!

Hm... normaly I recognize Kawasumi's voice. Well, maybe because it's the first time I hear her voicing a loli.
Old 2008-09-03, 11:43   Link #1447
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Saber AND Rider?!

7Arcs really love me!

Old 2008-09-03, 11:48   Link #1448
Sheba
Hokuto Nanoretsuken!

Quote:
Kasumi Yoshida in Shakugan no Shana, Chizuru in Kanokon, Henrietta in Zero no Tsukaima.

Quote:

Motoko Aoyama in Love Hina, Sakaki-san in Azumanga Daioh, Chou'un Shiryuu in Ikkitousen, Itoko Osakabe in School Rumble. Usually cast as the strong but silent types.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 11:59   Link #1449
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Kasumi Yoshida in Shakugan no Shana, Chizuru in Kanokon.
Lafiel in Banner of the Stars, Henrietta de Tristain in Zero no Tsukaima, Mahoro in Mahoromatic, Nodame in Nodame Cantabile (Anime), Atoli in .hack//G.U., Gwendolin in Odin Sphere (PS2)...

Ah, this can go on and on xD

Yeah maybe I shouldn't have taken the FSN roles... but normaly I say "Saber" if I talk about Kawasumi as not everyone I talk with knows her name (but this role).

@Kha

Why? They used them both for thier own characters now...
Old 2008-09-03, 12:28   Link #1450
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I knew who the seiyuus were. I was just wondering who, if any, are the other new characters on the CD that I must have missed. I think there were a few unfamiliar names as I scrolled down the list. There was a Mira something? I forget the whole name already. Katakana makes my eyes hurt. ._.

The only roles of Kawasumi Ayako I've actually liked are Nodame in Nodame Cantabile and Matsuri in Ichigo Mashimaro. Henrietta in Zero no Tsukaima isn't so bad. Everyone else, I've pretty much hated. Haha.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2008-09-03, 12:31   Link #1451
Sheba
Hokuto Nanoretsuken!

Quote:
I knew who the seiyuus were. I was just wondering who, if any, are the other new characters on the CD that I must have missed. I think there were a few unfamiliar names as I scrolled down the list. There was a Mira something? I forget the whole name already. Katakana makes my eyes hurt. ._.

The only roles of Kawasumi Ayako I've actually liked are Nodame in Nodame Cantabile and Matsuri in Ichigo Mashimaro. Henrietta in Zero no Tsukaima isn't so bad. Everyone else, I've pretty much hated. Haha.
They are characters from Nanoha Sound stages. I have not expected Yuu Asakawa to show up in a Nanoha related media, seriously. I have chosen her as a theorical VA for one of the characters I thought of.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 13:47   Link #1452
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Since no one seems to be answering my question, I'll just go ahead and attempt to translate the entire Cast listing since I think there's only two or three names I don't find familiar.

Spoiler for Cast Listing:

Edit:
.... and I forgot to say that Kawada Mami does the My Friend song at the end....

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2008-09-03 at 16:35.
Old 2008-09-03, 14:00   Link #1453
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Thank you very much!
Old 2008-09-03, 16:03   Link #1454
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Nagumo:

Thanks for the details.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 06:13   Link #1455
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Question: I remember I read a summary here from one of the Sound Stages that Vivio sees Fate as an sister or older sister. Do I remember correctly or am I totally wrong?

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 06:25   Link #1456
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Pretty much. Conversation in question goes something along the lines of Hayate noticing Vivio and Fate seem to be acting differently towards eachother to which Nanoha explains that Fate has been taking distance in raising Vivio. Hayate notes that the real mother really is Nanoha after all, to which Nanoha agrees, and notes that despite that, Fate's love for Vivio hasn't changed. Hayate then notes that it feels more like Fate is an older sister, to which Nanoha agrees.

Of course, I may have made a foul-up somewhere, but that's what I made out of it.
Old 2008-09-04, 06:28   Link #1457
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Hmm, ok. I'm working on a fic atm, where Vivio views Fate as an older sister. (She says it herself) and if we go from her perspective, then it might be correct, no matter what Fate or Hayate thinks.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 07:46   Link #1458
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Question: I remember I read a summary here from one of the Sound Stages that Vivio sees Fate as an sister or older sister. Do I remember correctly or am I totally wrong?
We talked about it in this thread and in Relationships thread. It was mostly Hayate's interpretation while Nanoha was in the defensive, but you can think about it the way you want or do it Vivio's POV for your fic even if nothing was said about their little girl, after all is fanfiction.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 08:30   Link #1459
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

... defensive? Where did you get that? She agrees with Hayate's interpetation, not the other way around. She's hardly in any form of defensive against Hayate.
Old 2008-09-04, 08:39   Link #1460
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... defensive? Where did you get that? She agrees with Hayate's interpetation, not the other way around. She's hardly in any form of defensive against Hayate.
She's normally a pretty honest and direct person, but this time she didn't give a straight (LOL!) answer, but she only tried to explain her ambiguous relationship with the burgundy eyed blonde as she could and simply agreed with what Hayate said without even thinking what it was.

That's my interpretation of being defensive in a open scenario. It's open so nobody can say "I'm right, and you're wrong".

We already discussed this issue so if we're not going to say anything new (which is the case, since we haven't get any new official material to discuss about) we can go back and laugh over the old pages as well

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music