AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-10-14, 05:04   Link #1
Axel Daemon

How to hardsub MKV files? (To save the trouble I already can extract subtitle tracks)

Well wasn't sure if the sticky topic on converting would actually hold such an answer.

Recently I've experimented around using WinAVI and I found out I could mess around and burn with MKV videos with that program with no loss of quality. I dunno if this is not surprising or not (my peers that taught me how to work the program sure as heck were surprised >>; )

Luckily I encountered certain series that are in mkv that are already hardsub, and as for other series, that are softsubbed only, well the trouble is converting it to avi and so on, the file is gonna end up far bigger than it's original, and this ends up having alot less space to place episodes in a dvd.. sooo if I can avoid doing that then that would save me on *alot* of dvd-r discs >>;

Anyways I also know that I can change the file type format of the subtitle track file (subtitle workshop), in case the file is .ass, and you need .srt I can change it without a hitch.

Soooo, any tips and suggestions as to what program I can use hardsub mkv files?

(WinAVI has that subtitle stream, but I never saw any option other than "None" from the downarrow....) Thanks in advance.

Axel Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote