AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-10-18, 18:24   Link #1
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
GothicMade

I did a search but no one had really mentioned anything about it. If im wrong i apologize
Its currently under developement but looks really nice the mech designs are really gothic to say the least, bought to us by the same folks who did the five star stories

Story:
On the Colony Planet of Carmine, young women known as songstresses inherit the generatioanl memories of those who came before them, using their knwledge to help the populace that suffers under the harsh policies of the ruling interplanetary league.

Story and director:Mamoru Nagano
Studio: Automatic Flowers Studio

http://gothicmade.com/

Old 2006-10-18, 23:44   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
When I first saw this post I thought they'd finally just come out and done the Gothic Lolita series everybody knows everybody wants. Hmmm, it scares me that the homepage doesn't even seem to have a picture of the mecha. Kind of a bad sign, like they're hiding some really awful designs they want to spring on us at the last second. But they're is that weird Cybuster/Escaflowne/Flintlock Pistol for a head thing on the cover posted above me. I mean look at it, you've got the chin as the trigger or butt, the cock is on the back with what looks like a bullet chamber, and the barrel is sticking up into the air. Kinda of cool, but what about the other units.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 23:54   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
When I first saw this post I thought they'd finally just come out and done the Gothic Lolita series everybody knows everybody wants.
So far you'll just have to be satisfied with Tsukuyomi and Coyote Ragtime which have a promintent Gothic Lolita cast. Shame there isn't a lot of Gothic Lolita anime. At least Death Note will have MishaMisha, but once again it isn't a prevalent style in the anime. Maybe you'll get lucky and Twelve Sister's Story will be greenlighted.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 05:11   Link #4
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Petite Cossette comes to mind also
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 05:31   Link #5
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Of course! How could I forget Petite Cossette. That show was extremely Gothic Lolita!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-19, 05:52   Link #6
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
So far you'll just have to be satisfied with Tsukuyomi and Coyote Ragtime which have a promintent Gothic Lolita cast. Shame there isn't a lot of Gothic Lolita anime. At least Death Note will have MishaMisha, but once again it isn't a prevalent style in the anime. Maybe you'll get lucky and Twelve Sister's Story will be greenlighted.
Isn't that already greenlit? I remember reading Neosam post about it in the new announced anime thread. Or was that not confirmed?
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 06:37   Link #7
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Not confirmed yet. Unfortunately. It's still in a VERY preliminary stage, but I have great hopes.

Old 2006-10-19, 06:38   Link #8
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Gothicmade in full mecha structure is a pretty slick mecha design, similarly in vein his famed FSS designs, though Gothicmade is designed closer in the vein of a armoured skeletal mecha, kinda like a thin bonish robot wearing giant adornment of shoulder plates, funky crest helmets, one big-ass shield, a pike-shaped rapier and giant leg armour something like those on Demonbane mechas.

That being said, I don't especially like the character designs, especially those of Donau Gaww Trihalloun.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 09:18   Link #9
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

I wonder what happened to Saint October?
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 18:33   Link #10
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ok I noticed everyone was intrested in the mech designs but couldnt find very much because Gothicmade is still in production. i took some time out today and scanned a couple of images from Newtype and give a break down on the mechs specs. Im looking forward to the release looks like it has potential.

Specs for the Gothicmade Kaiserin (pictured above)

Crest: Many Gothicmades have unique head flares in order to facilitate idenification and target discrimnation. The Kaiserin its self is one of a kind important Gothicmades like Kaiserin which doubles as a national symbol are produced individually, but the empire of Donau boasts plenty mass-produced models in the Rhine and Elbe classes

Neck:The Gothicmade's neck is long and thick supported b the dual twin swing frame backbone that form the core of its skeleton. A long neck also improves visual range. The neck is strong and touch to break, even for anothe Gothicmade

Weapon Breaker: Gothicmade armor just doesnt stop at deflecting blows from enemy attacks, its razor sharp edges can be used to tear the attacking weapon to shreds. The armor is highly resistant to most optical weapon attacks easily reflecting the beams or allowing the energy to pass harmlessly through, its quite difficult to destory a Gothic made conventionally

Ram Assult: The Ram assult is a type of battering ram it aslo folds down to become a ladder for the pilot.

Back of the twin swing Frame: Each Gothicmade hasa diffrent swing frame. helping ensure indentifiability. The frame is fitted with an exhaust part on the back that discharges excess voltage generated by the polyscale synamos.

Cockpit:The outflaring of the chest cavity was kept to a minimum so as not to interfere with the Gothicmades ability to swing a weapon, but the design hs the added bonus of allowing freer movement of the arms across the chest. Gothicmades arms can pass through a greater range of motion than human arms.

Shots of some of the Songtresses. The women on the Rights name is Bellin Ajelli. The women on the left top is named Adem and the women on the left bottom is anme Munsen

I think this guy will be our hero his name is Prince Trihallon (i am so getting flashbacks on Escaflowne) The guy next to him is named Batbalt.

Thats all i have for now i will adding things as i find it just like everyone else. I hope this helped some people out.