AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-10-23, 03:48   Link #21
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Abit of a request but does anyone actually have the original or scans of the Beltorchika's Children?
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 03:55   Link #22
M L Monster
三尉

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancer3018 View Post
I dont really see how it isnt impossible. There is nothing in space to cause corrosion or anything it just gets really really cold. Unless of course it gets repeatedly hit by space junk then maybe I can see how it would no longer be working.

Wasn't the core fighter heading towards the Sun at the end of First Gundam?
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 04:14   Link #23
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I'm sure Amuro and Char are spending all of their time together where ever they are at LOL. (It would be torture for the two if this is true...say they got stuck at some mystical place and can't get out...)

Amuro's AV Furuya Toru doesn't know whether they are dead or not, Tomino said it is up for the viewers to decide.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 04:20   Link #24
JackRydden224

Regarding to this Amuro computer issue...

The Feds got a good chunk of the data off Rx-78-2 when the WB crew got to Jaburo. And the GMs in CDA was able to dodge like crazy because they were loaded with Amuro's data. Amuro also piloted other machines after the OYW.

I don't think it would be hard to get Amuro's data at all...I mean you can probably find his data in Feddie simulators.....just select the"I want to get my butt kicked in 3 seconds" option
Old 2006-10-23, 13:11   Link #25
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Regarding to this Amuro computer issue...

The Feds got a good chunk of the data off Rx-78-2 when the WB crew got to Jaburo. And the GMs in CDA was able to dodge like crazy because they were loaded with Amuro's data. Amuro also piloted other machines after the OYW.

I don't think it would be hard to get Amuro's data at all...I mean you can probably find his data in Feddie simulators.....just select the"I want to get my butt kicked in 3 seconds" option
For the purposes of the Crossbone Gundam Skullheart manga though, it specifically states that the Jupiter Empire remnants obtained Amuro's data from the Core Fighter from the RX-78-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M L Monster View Post
Wasn't the core fighter heading towards the Sun at the end of First Gundam?
Well, the sun moves, albeit not at hyper speed or anything, but it's not going to sit there for as many years as it would take for the Core Fighter to fly into it at the not-so-fast speed it was floating. Besides, it may not have travelled the necessary distance to hypothetically fly into the sun anyway. The sun is pretty far from here, and as said, the Core Fighter wasn't travelling very fast.
Old 2006-10-23, 20:24   Link #26
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
For the purposes of the Crossbone Gundam Skullheart manga though, it specifically states that the Jupiter Empire remnants obtained Amuro's data from the Core Fighter from the RX-78-2.

Well, the sun moves, albeit not at hyper speed or anything, but it's not going to sit there for as many years as it would take for the Core Fighter to fly into it at the not-so-fast speed it was floating. Besides, it may not have travelled the necessary distance to hypothetically fly into the sun anyway. The sun is pretty far from here, and as said, the Core Fighter wasn't travelling very fast.
I know almost nothing about astonomy but it is always possible that something caused the core fighter to drift toward jupiter. Lets not forget that the Jupiter Empire existed before the time of Crossbone Gundam and has been "friendly" with Earth. Perhaps the Feds recovered the core fighter and sold the data (or the whole thing) to JE. I mean if the Feds can sell Axis to Char I'm sure they wouldn't mind selling the corefighter.....

*Anybody know where I can get my hands on the manga? I've only read a couple of pages here and there...
Old 2006-10-24, 13:01   Link #27
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I know almost nothing about astonomy but it is always possible that something caused the core fighter to drift toward jupiter. Lets not forget that the Jupiter Empire existed before the time of Crossbone Gundam and has been "friendly" with Earth. Perhaps the Feds recovered the core fighter and sold the data (or the whole thing) to JE. I mean if the Feds can sell Axis to Char I'm sure they wouldn't mind selling the corefighter.....

*Anybody know where I can get my hands on the manga? I've only read a couple of pages here and there...
So...you're agreeing with me saying that just because the core fighter looked like it was heading into the sun at the end of MSG doesn't mean it would end up flying into the sun, or not? lol 'Cause I never said it wouldn't drift towards Jupiter.

The manga specifically stated that the Jupiter Empire recovered the core fighter.
Old 2007-09-29, 08:19   Link #28
gundamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am sorry, even if I am the only oneI must say, Char died very friggin cheaply in that movie. He died, basically at Amuro's mercy, and inside a tiny escape pod. That was no bad ass death, he basically died in a floating prison.
i have to agree with that. it was not good as char wasn't able to do anything at all to make a difference in that escape pod
gundamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 10:18   Link #29
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
iirc in the gundam univers timeline they are reported as MiA, so when ever the charts are low and sunrise feels like boosting the sells they could "legally" pull a mwu.

imo they both died but scriptwriter are all mighty.
Old 2007-10-01, 10:34   Link #30
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Don't tempt them
Old 2007-10-01, 10:59   Link #31
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Considering they stopped a freakinī meteor/asteroid (which is also why I donīt buy that crap about UC being so much better because no one is overpowered...) so I donīt think it would be outside UC boundaries for them to have survived. Personally Iīm going by the belief that they are alive. (As much alive as a animated character can be.)

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 09:17   Link #32
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
remember we didnt see their cockpit burst in flame and their corpse being consume by the flame, wich is the ONLY way to be sure that a character is dead in gundam (and no dont ever mention mwu kthxbye)
Old 2007-10-03, 10:30   Link #33
4Tran

Mwu? You're getting a little ahead of yourself there. The same thing would apply to Char at the end of Zeta.

In any case, it's a better story (such as it is) if both Amuro and Char bit the dust than if they didn't.
Old 2007-10-03, 15:55   Link #34
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

At the very least, I believe that Amuro survived maybe...Char, I don't think was so lucky...Nanai could even sense from the Psycoframe light that his life was "..being drained away...", and you could even see and hear how Char was gradually talking and moving in a much weaker state almost everytime they showed him during that descent.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 19:31   Link #35
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Mwu? You're getting a little ahead of yourself there. The same thing would apply to Char at the end of Zeta.
Oooooohh, I don't know about that. The Strike and its cockpit blew up entirely with Mwu still in it. The scar's on Mwu's body in GSD show that his pilot suit must have been pierced in several places, exposing him to the vacuum of space, and there's no way anybody could have gotten to him in time to save him from space suffocation in that situation. The Hyaku Shiki was only crushed a little bit by the piece of debris, and it was in a position to shield the Hyaku Shiki from the brunt of the explosion.

Anyway, I do agree that at least Amuro probably survived, and possibly Char too as I doubt Amuro would have been petty enough to just leave Char there to die a slow death or just off him.
Old 2007-10-03, 21:19   Link #36
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
The Hyaku Shiki was only crushed a little bit by the piece of debris, and it was in a position to shield the Hyaku Shiki from the brunt of the explosion.
But you also need to take into consideration the amount of extensive damage the Hyaku Shiki also already had taken from fighting Haman and Scirocco previously. Coupled with the even MORE extensive damage it took before "suiciding" itself in that last attack on the Qubeley, it DOES seem a little farfetched that Char managed to survive with so much of the Hyaku Shiki intact...especially considering that the wreck also blew up AFTER crushing it under debris...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 21:35   Link #37
4Tran

Quote:
Oooooohh, I don't know about that.
I'm not interested in which miraculous survival was more believable. I just pointed out that if they were to revive Amuro and Char, they'd have a precedent for it long, long before Gundam Seed came out.
Old 2007-10-03, 22:44   Link #38
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

C'mon we both know Amuro and Char survived, moved to a colony, changed names, and opened a bar slash eatery called "Lala's" ...For obvious reasons Char asked for there to be no kids section ...
Old 2007-10-04, 03:39   Link #39
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
But you also need to take into consideration the amount of extensive damage the Hyaku Shiki also already had taken from fighting Haman and Scirocco previously. Coupled with the even MORE extensive damage it took before "suiciding" itself in that last attack on the Qubeley, it DOES seem a little farfetched that Char managed to survive with so much of the Hyaku Shiki intact...especially considering that the wreck also blew up AFTER crushing it under debris...
If you watch, you'll see that the Hyaku Shiki was not crushed so horribly as people make it sound. And as I said in my previous post, coupled with how the slab of debris was between the explosion and the Hyaku Shiki, it would actually act as a shield against the explosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm not interested in which miraculous survival was more believable. I just pointed out that if they were to revive Amuro and Char, they'd have a precedent for it long, long before Gundam Seed came out.
I didn't say you were interested in it. I was merely pointing out that Char's survival was less of a miracle than some people make it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
C'mon we both know Amuro and Char survived, moved to a colony, changed names, and opened a bar slash eatery called "Lala's" ...For obvious reasons Char asked for there to be no kids section ...
Oddly enough, I'd actually find that quite interesintg...
Old 2007-10-05, 20:51   Link #40
edf91

I think the ending is basically a compromise between Sunrise and Tomino - Tomino want to kill Amuro and Char off for good, but Sunrise don't want that, so this ending is the best - you can say either way and could be right.
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote