AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-06, 15:45   Link #41
yangxu

If they are still alive, Amuro would've killed Hathway, for being a jackass and shot down Chen.
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 03:53   Link #42
AGX-17
Nightmare Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
...For obvious reasons Char asked for there to be no kids section ...
Char would have a kids only section. With numerous privacy barriers. And he'd be the only employee staffing it at any time.

Anyway, I thought Beltorchika's Children clarified that they both died, which is pretty well implied in everything after since neither of them appear or are mentioned appearing after UC 0093. Somehow I don't imagine a guy like Char would just throw in the towel just because his latest plot was thwarted.
AGX-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 04:22   Link #43
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGX-17 View Post
Anyway, I thought Beltorchika's Children clarified that they both died, which is pretty well implied in everything after since neither of them appear or are mentioned appearing after UC 0093. Somehow I don't imagine a guy like Char would just throw in the towel just because his latest plot was thwarted.
Well, Beltorchika's Children, being a novel and all, isn't really "canon" (especially since it's sort of a spin-off of Char's Counterattack).

Also, don't forget, that there ARE still some indirect references made as well...the F90 Units 1 and 2 have an Amuro and Char-based AI program (UC 0110s-120s) and the Jupiter Empire's Amakusa MS from Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart (UC 130s) has an advanced AI of Amuro as well; rumored to be taken directly from the ditched Core Fighter of the original RX-78-2 Gundam that simply drifted off after MSG.

Of course, there are no Elvis-like "sitings" of either one if that's what you mean

An, though also not canon, the Gaia Gear character, Afranche Char, is said to be a clone of Char as well.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:35   Link #44
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
and the Jupiter Empire's Amakusa MS from Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart (UC 130s) has an advanced AI of Amuro as well; rumored to be taken directly from the ditched Core Fighter of the original RX-78-2 Gundam that simply drifted off after MSG.
For the record, that was actually an established fact that the AI program for the Amakusa came from Amuro's old Core Fighter.
Old 2007-10-09, 14:53   Link #45
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am sorry, even if I am the only oneI must say, Char died very friggin cheaply in that movie. He died, basically at Amuro's mercy, and inside a tiny escape pod. That was no bad ass death, he basically died in a floating prison.

I had expected them to both DIE as a result of a climatic duel. Or at least, died while both trying to 'protect' the world.

The same goes for many other characters, who died cheaply and needlessly. I've never liked Tomino's killing spree, and I don't think I ever will...

- Tak
That was the point though. The movie showed Char for the pathetic and petty man he had become, and his death was exactly what he deserved. He was a strategic genius in the film who could motivate thousands of soldiers to almost blindly follow him, and he had ingenious strategies that could keep the feds running in circles to stop him. Yet despite his intelligence and clever tactics, he was simply motivated by little more than petty personal revenge against the one who "bullied" him back in the one year war. He was a truly petty man who got a truly petty death in the end.
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 21:47   Link #46
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEDGESMFG View Post
That was the point though. The movie showed Char for the pathetic and petty man he had become, and his death was exactly what he deserved. He was a strategic genius in the film who could motivate thousands of soldiers to almost blindly follow him, and he had ingenious strategies that could keep the feds running in circles to stop him. Yet despite his intelligence and clever tactics, he was simply motivated by little more than petty personal revenge against the one who "bullied" him back in the one year war. He was a truly petty man who got a truly petty death in the end.
Wow that was a very bitter way of looking at it...Can I assume you actually were a fan of Char before the events of CCA?? Enjoyed reading your rant neverthless...Was really frank emotion there...

You know there are people 80 years old and can't forget the girl they lost back in the day...There are those that accomplish everything they aspired to in life and can't let go of how they got bested in the ballgame they lost in the High School Championship...Char should be no different in a character evaluation...In the context of life it's easy to say what's petty and what's not when you're not sporting those flip-flops...Fair enuff, maybe Char was petty in CCA, but maybe Lala gravitating towards Amuro's love was something he could never get over...Something that ate at his core as he saw Lala's love as the only thing that could cushion the pain of losing his father and his rightful destiny...And even that was stolen away by Amuro in a way...Hey it's fair to look at it as petty, but to Char it meant everything...It meant his peace of mind and purity of soul whatever the costs...I agree he was ultimately wrong, but what makes him such a dynamic character is that he commands the screen despite his flaws...If he did die on that spicy-rock, I think he died a flawed human being...We should all be so lucky...
Old 2007-10-10, 09:17   Link #47
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
C'mon we both know Amuro and Char survived, moved to a colony, changed names, and opened a bar slash eatery called "Lala's" ...For obvious reasons Char asked for there to be no kids section ...
They changed their names to "Kira Yamato" and "Cagalli Yula Atha", and "Cagalli" went for a sex change and they pretended that they were siblings, right?
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 21:52   Link #48
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
They changed their names to "Kira Yamato" and "Cagalli Yula Atha", and "Cagalli" went for a sex change and they pretended that they were siblings, right?
Uuuuuuuuuh ....Not what I was driving at sorry to say...
Old 2008-01-04, 04:59   Link #49
extend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEDGESMFG View Post
Depends upon who you ask...

According to Yoshiyuki Tomino, they are dead.

According to Amuro's Seiyuu, Tohru Furuya, he genuinely believes they're alive.

Obviously, Tomino has more authority on the subject, but when it comes to the film, it's pretty much up to the viewer to make their own conclusion.
yeah... just try watching the last part of CCA a couple of times... although the film was generally awsome, the last part was pretty lame... the last thing you'll see amuro was he was in his cockpit and he just vanished as the light brightens... then the next thing you'll see was the axis being drawn away from the earth... you'll never see exactly what happened to the nu Gundam whether it exploded or what... i always wanted to see the aftermath of the lives who made it to the last episode of a series... but i think there are stong evidences that both of them are dead... maybe the purpose of making CCA's ending was to promote other supporting Gundam media or manga...
extend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 12:14   Link #50
QuattroBajeena
Lt. of the AEUG

All I really know is that the novel has them listed KIA, the show MIA. I personally believe they both died, Char really didn't stand a chance, and after falling so far from his stances in Zeta, he's gone to the extremes of the Titans. Amuro most likely died, if nothing more then he was tired, everyone he's cared about is gone, most died, and by dying, he can be with Lalah.
QuattroBajeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 19:47   Link #51
ssfsx17

Question... why did Char become the way he is in CCA? I thought he preferred to just live on the sidelines, cover his eyes with something like a mask or a pair of sunglasses, and always have a smile/smirk on his face.
ssfsx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 14:04   Link #52
QuattroBajeena
Lt. of the AEUG

Because as much as respect Char, he was too much of an idealist. In Zeta, he was actually doing the right thing, but seeing the way Hamon corrupted the name of Zeon, along with the tactics used by Scirocco and the Titans, he kinda lost it. He finally reached the point where he decided that the only way humans could evolve was to live in space, so he attacked Earth. Who knows how he would have turned out if he was unconcious in the Hyuki Shiki when the Argama recovered it. Quite diffirently I think.
QuattroBajeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 15:33   Link #53
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Eh, I doubt it...he'd still probably "mysteriously vanish" during a mission or something and turn up later.

When you consider his train of thought from Mobile Suit Gundam to the special ending they had of Zeta Gundam, then you can tell he would've turned out the way he did in CCA anyways. I remember watching a clip of some sort of special thing where they show Char climb out of the wrecked cockpit of the Hyaku Shiki and voice some thoughts (similar to his words in CCA, IIRC) before leaving to wherever he goes. He was, more or less, using the AEUG for his own purposes really. First to try to knock the Federation down a few pegs by preventing the Titans from becoming a worse force than the Principality of Zeon then, when they came, try to prevent Axis from turning into the next Principality of Zeon, especially with an innocent 8-year old (Mineva) being manipulated by someone like Haman.

First he tried to talk down the Federation (which sort of worked at Dakar, but only in relation to the Titans, not his goal), but seeing as how the Federation really didn't change in the least in the end (especially as shown in ZZ), despite everything that has happened, then to him, there was no other choice but to drive them all off the Earth by force and all of the Federation would never willingly leave the Earth as long as they could stay there.

He had respectable goals and ideals (help humanity evolve and let the Earth heal itself), but went about them entirely the wrong way in the end.
Old 2008-01-07, 16:00   Link #54
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssfsx17
Question... why did Char become the way he is in CCA? I thought he preferred to just live on the sidelines, cover his eyes with something like a mask or a pair of sunglasses, and always have a smile/smirk on his face.
During Zeta he used a false name but later on stated using his true name. He did like playing on the sidelines but i would say that the events during Zeta, especially when Haman came on to the scene, helped make him realize that he had to become a leader. I do recall that some characters even commented to Char that he would probably be a great leader if he just tried leading instead of playing on the sidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuattroBajeena View Post
Because as much as respect Char, he was too much of an idealist. In Zeta, he was actually doing the right thing, but seeing the way Hamon corrupted the name of Zeon, along with the tactics used by Scirocco and the Titans, he kinda lost it. He finally reached the point where he decided that the only way humans could evolve was to live in space, so he attacked Earth. Who knows how he would have turned out if he was unconcious in the Hyuki Shiki when the Argama recovered it. Quite diffirently I think.
Actually, It seems as though he ALWAYS believed that humans had to leave Earth in order to evolve, that they could not progress on Earth, and that Earth could get some good healing with humans gone. The only difference between the ideals he was fighting for in Zeta and CCA is that in Zeta he was trying to convince poeple of that ideal so that they would willingly leave the Earth. Ofcourse, when they failed to leave on their own, in CCA, he decided to give them no choice in the matter. The actions of Haman and the Titans really didn't have that strong of a difference; maybe it helped him decided to take matters into his own hands and become a leader, but i would not say that it influence his decision to force poeple into space during CCA
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 18:08   Link #55
GTO_ PAO

What happened to the hi nu gundam? did it survive? did it explode? can anyone confirm. i know it just glows....was the unit recovered?
GTO_ PAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 21:40   Link #56
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_ PAO View Post
What happened to the hi nu gundam? did it survive? did it explode? can anyone confirm. i know it just glows....was the unit recovered?
Nu Gundam, not Hi Nu Gundam. (depending on if you're talking about the movie or novel, I guess) As far as I know, there's no mention of it being recovered, at least in the movie.
Old 2008-01-07, 21:53   Link #57
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Yeah, there hasn't been anything stating that it has. Otherwise, I'm sure the Federation would've tried to make attempts to mass produce it in some smaller form and not just the Mass Production Type Nu Gundam, which is really more like almost a carbon copy of the Nu Gundam with a lower generator and Incom options.
Old 2008-01-08, 10:25   Link #58
GTO_ PAO

but do you think the nu gundam survived but lost in space or it exploded? his fate is unknown to begin with but i need your opinions. what do you think? did it survive or it exploded?
GTO_ PAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 16:44   Link #59
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

It could've just disappeared without a trace. Possibly into those billions of psycoframe particles and green light we see at the end.

If it survived or exploded, then surely its remains would've been found by those who cleaned out the area of debris around the planet and the surrounding area. As far as we know, there is no trace of it whatsoever.
Old 2008-01-08, 19:33   Link #60
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Question... why did Char become the way he is in CCA?
Quote:
When you consider his train of thought from Mobile Suit Gundam to the special ending they had of Zeta Gundam, then you can tell he would've turned out the way he did in CCA anyways.
Quote:
Because as much as (I) respect Char, he was too much of an idealist. In Zeta, he was actually doing the right thing,
Remember Char started off as a playboy conman hellbent on revenge for his destiny being stolen away (The fact that he was an extremely skilled pilot [despite him being only an average powered newtype], strategist, and charismatic juggernaut served to help make his character the legend it became)... As the young masked man Char killed many in cold-blood...So the way Char ends up in CCA is actually more adjacent to his true character first explored in those early episodes of MSG...He wanted revenge for Amuro stealing his girl, he wanted his destiny back, and he stopped believing in the spirit of man (Something he TRIED to do in Zeta, but alas not his pure nature)...

Someone like Char can't be a clean-cut regal type in the political arena changing his convictions with the ebbs and flows of his constituency...He is an idealist, to the point of self-loathing really, and those same issues he faced as a young man permeated him as an older man...All the hate, lust for revenge, and realization of failed ideals pushed him over the edge...He was clearly wrong for trying to force humanity's hands, but the perceived shift in Char's character definitely has some validity to it if you look a bit deeper...However sadly, I think alot of what he did in CCA was because he could never get over Amuro plucking Lalah away from him...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-01-08 at 23:28. Reason: less soap^^...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote