AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-04-17, 18:32   Link #61
snackpack87

I know no one is going to prolly read this but i've been searching for an answer to this since watching CCA yesterday... I believe Char died and Amuro survived according to the movie. Right before the music starts in the ending credits, you can see a blue flash coming from where Amuro was... you see it once moving away from the rock, then moving like towards Earth. If anyone else can confirm this that would be nice. I just can't live with not knowing what happened.
snackpack87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 23:55   Link #62
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Unless Tomino suddenly decides to spring out a follow up for CCA or something, then chances are that we'll NEVER know for sure what happened to the 2.

At the VERY least, Char would've died given his ever-weakening speech coupled the things Nanai was saying about his "life being drained away" and with her finally breaking down in tears when the light burst out from the overloaded Psycoframe that pushes Axis away.

So unless something new is revealed about them, we can only assume they're both KIA.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 04:07   Link #63
elindir
Overreacher

KIA is the most possible answer. However, I think both of them are dead. Yes, they are highly popular characters, I like both of them, too, but after all they have been through, this would be an ideal way to end their rivalry (und ultimately, their lifes, of course).

Don't misunderstand me, I would be happy if it turned out that they are both still alive, I would definitely enjoy seeing them again in a new Gundam OVA or something, but this is my opinion.
Old 2009-04-18, 04:53   Link #64
gundam rider

hmmm....., i always thought that both Amuro & Char were "incarnated" as white & red Gundam units with a F90 label on the shoulders & tries to hella shoot each other on planet Mars......

you know what i was saying do you?:........
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 05:28   Link #65
Zantetsuken

i bet they will be alive in the gundam unicorn anime
Old 2009-04-18, 07:13   Link #66
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
hmmm....., i always thought that both Amuro & Char were "incarnated" as white & red Gundam units with a F90 label on the shoulders & tries to hella shoot each other on planet Mars......

you know what i was saying do you?:........
I laughed. Gundam F90 is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
i bet they will be alive in the gundam unicorn anime
Considering we don't know yet whether or not they are alive in the Unicorn novels...

Anyway, I too am of the belief that Amuro and Char died at the end of CCA. It would be very difficult for them to have survived that encounter after all, especially for Char. Amuro had a better chance of surviving that.
Old 2009-04-18, 09:41   Link #67
justavisitor

One thing is sure, they will be returned when they are in need !!!(like Sunrise or Bandai suddenly going for bankrupt..hey you never know..who thought AIG and GM would mess up that badly ?? )

But for now, treat them as KIA/MIA would be the most reasonable conclusion
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 17:27   Link #68
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

No matter what, they are both souls that are trapped by the Earth's gravity, they'll be somewhere around or on Earth, dead or alive.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 18:53   Link #69
Zantetsuken

I believe when bodies are not found, and there is no strong evidence of dying, then soldiers are going to be listed as MIA. As far as I'm concerned their MIA, untill it's proven otherwise (in an anime mind you, not in RL. I've seen to many writers that say somebod is dead, and then they came back to life)
Old 2009-04-18, 20:58   Link #70
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well in those cases, more often than not, it's usually because of them seemingly finishing things, then new ideas suddenly being sprung out of nowhere, lol.

Either that or it's simply teasing and all
Old 2009-04-19, 03:22   Link #71
elindir
Overreacher

What if Amuro would return as a masked man, and Char would be his counterpart? This would be simply ridiculous.
Old 2009-04-19, 03:56   Link #72
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I'm convinced that the psychoframe (explosion? burst of light? whatever) made Char a pan-dimensional being (think mice from HHG2G), that's why he appears in every Gundam anime. However, because he was so close to death, he doesn't know that he was Char and takes up pseudonyms like Zechs, Rau, and Graham. Amuro simply got transported to the AD timeline (Ribbons) and wanted to use CB (the station) to make himself a pan-dimensional being as well. The dialogues to come/ other wills are what will happen when he tears apart the fabric of the Gundam metaverse.
Old 2009-06-06, 05:15   Link #73
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Wasn't Nu-Gundam an incomplete mobile suit? How did an incomplete rushed Nu-Gundam beat a fully complete and field-tested/battle ready Sazabi?
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 05:27   Link #74
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Because even when incomplete it already has higher specs and a better pilot.

While the Nu Gundam is said to be incomplete, its already battle ready. And Nu Gundam was said to be incomplete because of superficial reasons, like not having a proper rack to hold the Fin Funnels.

Old 2009-06-06, 05:45   Link #75
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Because even when incomplete it already has higher specs and a better pilot.

While the Nu Gundam is said to be incomplete, its already battle ready. And Nu Gundam was said to be incomplete because of superficial reasons, like not having a proper rack to hold the Fin Funnels.
How was Nu Gundam higher spec than Sazabi?
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 12:44   Link #76
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Nu Gundam, CCA-wise, was really only "incomplete" because of the existence of the Hi-Nu Gundam in the novel really (which isn't really canon and is more of an "alternate retelling" of CCA). CCA-wise, it pretty much was completed.

Even if you consider the Hi-Nu Gundam, as said, it was still just as battle-ready in its current state anyway; similar to how the Zeong was dubbed "80% complete", but still fully capable of being used in battle (at least in space), thus "100% complete" for all intents and purposes.

As for the Nu Gundam being better than the Sazabi;

1.) Fin Funnels being "Bits" rather than "Funnels" like the Sazabi, thus, energy-wise, they have a virtually unlimited amount of usage while the Sazabi's normal funnels can only fire a few shots before being forced to return to be recharged.

3.) Also, the Fin Funnels, given their barrel shape and being bits, have a more powerful beam shot (visually, just as powerful as your standard beam rifle rather than a smaller beam gun) and, as shown, are capable of forming a beam barrier which ends up leading to the creation of the beam shield years later.

4.) Being created by Anaheim and the Earth Federation, the Nu Gundam's construction would have A LOT more resources to use as compared to the Sazabi by Anaheim and Neo Zeon.

5.) Also don't forget, in Char's own words, it doesn't always matter which MS is better, but who the pilot is as well.
Old 2009-06-06, 21:16   Link #77
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Sazabi's most powerful single weapon was the Mega Particle cannon in its torso, but it wastes alot of energy and limits Sazabi's weapons and output.

And against Amuro, the weapon proved ineffective, making that weapon just a waste of energy. Though its a good weapon for Sazabi to take out groups of mobile suits or ships.

Because of the limit in output for other weapons, Sazabi also has lesser weapons and options against Nu Gundam.

But overall, it was Amuro's better piloting skills that won.

Old 2009-06-06, 21:26   Link #78
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Well, if you look at general piloting skills, Char actually would/should have the advantage given it was really his own natural skill that made him one of, if not the greatest and most well-known ace of the OYW as well as getting through the Gryps Conflict. He didn't even start discovering his Newtype powers until near the end of the OYW and even then, the only Newtype unit he ever used until CCA was the Zeong.

On the flipside, Amuro mostly survived the OYW BECAUSE of the Gundam's, at the time, overwhelming power and his Newtype powers quickly emerging and less about actual piloting "skill". This is made up for little by little with his subsequent participation in the Gryps Conflict and other things since then like Green Divers (piloting a Zeta Plus) and such.
Old 2009-06-06, 21:35   Link #79
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its true Amuro started out more reliant on the Gundam and occasional Newtype flashes.

But after he returned in Zeta, he has shown to have instilled in him a great amount of experience and skills from his struggles in the OYW. After that he continued improving, along with his Newtype powers.

Amuro was able to catch up to Char in piloting skills, I'd say they would be an extremely close match there, but Char's Newtype powers probably never reached the level Amuro had.

Maybe Char is a little more bound to gravity than Amuro, both men were still stuck with Lalah but Amuro had a broader mind and perspective.

Just checking MAHQ, Sazabi actually has better numbers in energy and thrusters, but the energy is wasted by the Mega Particle Cannon and need to charge its funnels. Nu has better energy efficiency compared to Sazabi.

Old 2009-06-06, 21:43   Link #80
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Well, even later in MSG, I still attribute most of Amuro's feats due to his Newtype prowess rather than "natural" piloting skill. In Zeta and CCA, it's definitely more natural besides the moments of "pressure" felt by other (Cyber) Newtypes.

I mean, even an amateur or less experienced pilot could compete with an ace if they could all but predict their opponent's movements and counter them accordingly. It's why the bio-computer was deemed so effective (all but "emulating" Newtype reflexes and whatnot) and allowed "normal" pilots in limited mass production F91s to be able to fight so well against a 10 year-experienced ace like Seabook in a more modern Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai.

Of course, it also depends on how you go about your actions after "predicting" what your opponent will do and being able to think quick on your feet if things change and this is (mostly) what allowed Char to still keep fighting Amuro so well despite his Newtype abilities awakening. Though, as shown in MSG, Amuro's Newtype abilities eventually end up being able to slightly surpass Char's lone piloting abilities when he almost was able to kill him in his Gelgoog were it not for Lalah's interference. The Newtype effectiveness of the Zeong helped balance things out again.