AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-06-06, 21:53   Link #81
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Char being brought up in Zeon and having fought wars for most of his life definitely has more combat experience, reflexes and even muscle memory than Amuro.

But one thing about staying on the top of the game means that you'll no longer be able to improve as much as easily, which gives rookies a chance to catch up. Amuro closed the gap there with his Newtype powers supporting him and having to go through many difficult struggles that vastly improved his piloting skills.

And Amuro's Newtype ability was so honed into his actions, its just another sense for him and made his reflexes greater than everyone else. So, because of Amuro's Newtype abilities, Amuro became a stronger pilot than Char.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 03:45   Link #82
elindir
Overreacher

I think Amura is a better pilot than Char, but not only because of his Newtype talent and abilities (in my opnion, he was certainly a stronger Newtype), but also because of his piloting skills. It is true that overall Char might have more experience, but I think Amure developed a lot thanks to the One Year War and his participation in the Zeta storyline. It seems to me that he had immense raw talent, and all the fights he fought allowed him to develop into a great pilot.
Old 2009-06-07, 15:42   Link #83
justavisitor

As Char says it best in CCA: "Amuro, unlike me, you don't know anything besides piloting MS!!" Char is much more talented in politics, and he should be better than Amuro in leading his troops...but sadly, at the end, a commander (Char) has to go alone and challenge a soldier (Amuro) to a one on one battle...and as we know, a soldier sacrifices his life to defeat a commander from enemy camp and hence the war is over...

If I were a soldier from Zeon, I would be crying foul in here
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 16:50   Link #84
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, even as a leader, he was usually out piloting and commanding on the frontlines rather than sitting back and barking out orders. If anything, he disliked such commanders and underneath it all, he probably didn't really feel like he's such leadership material (at least politically), hence why he was so reluctant to become the new AEUG leader and becoming Char again. (Commenting on how he felt like a clown when having to give speeches and such.)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 04:57   Link #85
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Well, even as a leader, he was usually out piloting and commanding on the frontlines rather than sitting back and barking out orders. If anything, he disliked such commanders and underneath it all, he probably didn't really feel like he's such leadership material (at least politically), hence why he was so reluctant to become the new AEUG leader and becoming Char again. (Commenting on how he felt like a clown when having to give speeches and such.)
I agree, but still he definitely has great leadership skills. He is a great tactician, as well, and in this respect superior to Amuro.