AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-06, 13:34   Link #21
Woland
Latin Rascal

Never mind I found this on ANS

Quote:
The rollout of K-G.2 (tentatively titled Kiddy Grade 2 although the title Kiddy Generation has also been spotted) will kick off with the release of a Pilot DVD scheduled for sale in Japan at the end of March. Production details are as follows: Original Story: Gimik - Kadokawa Shoten Publishing, Direction, Storyboard, and Production: Keiji Goto, Supervision of Character Designs: Megumi Kadonosono, Composition and Scenario: Hidefumi Kimura, Mechanical Designs: Kanetake Ebikawa, Art: Studio Easter, Animation Production: Aslead, Project Producer: Atsushi Ito, Production Producer: Konori Hiramatsu. Official website: www.kiddygrade.com. Story Open: Foucs on KG1 leads Eclair and Lumiere who were doing special duties as ES members. The war was won and crisis was evaded. The two go on their own way out into the Milky Way. Stage and world outlook are basically unchanged, it's uncertain how many years in advance of the previous work the new story occurs. Two new characters appear and form the basis of K-G.2. "Kufi-yu" and Asuku-ru" become the heroines of this work. Retail on the Pilot DVD is 2,940 Yen and the running time of the main preview is about 7 minutes.
It's a prequel, or so it seems
Old 2007-01-06, 14:03   Link #22
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I honestly can't remember the story that well because I watched Kiddy Grade quite a long time ago, but reading the news at ANS about the plot of KG2 suggest that it's a real sequel rather than a prequel, doesn't it? Or maybe I'm just mixing things up.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 14:09   Link #23
Woland
Latin Rascal

Ah well, it's not that my English so incredible but...

Quote:
Stage and world outlook are basically unchanged, it's uncertain how many years in advance of the previous work the new story occurs
I have misinterpreted something?
Old 2007-01-06, 14:22   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
two new characters appear and form the basis of K-G.2. "Kufi-yu" and Asuku-ru" become the heroines of this work.
So wait KG2 won't be about Elcair and Lumie I want Eclair and Lumie How could it be Kiddy Grade otherwise

Hopefully with KG2 they will putout better figurines of Eclair, Lumie and the rest of the girls.
Old 2007-01-06, 15:51   Link #25
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
Ah well, it's not that my English so incredible but...

Quote:
Stage and world outlook are basically unchanged, it's uncertain how many years in advance of the previous work the new story occurs
I have misinterpreted something?
Well it's basically saying that the world and universe hasn't changed much after the events that occurred in Kiddy Grade so yeah, it should take place AFTER that, which means that it's a sequel, not a prequel.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 00:55   Link #26
Caiobrz
Frantic Waller

Red face Kiddy Grade 2: Your thoughts?

My question, as someone who never read the manga, is: is there enough plot and depth to do a second season without spoiling the series? I liked the first season although it was low paced at first, but I'm afraid they will ruin it dragging it another season =/

More infos, thoughts?

Quote:
So wait KG2 won't be about Elcair and Lumie I want Eclair and Lumie How could it be Kiddy Grade otherwise
er ... you did watch KG right, because...

Spoiler:

Reviews, wallpapers (including wides), scans and much more, check it out: http://www.daisuki.com.br

Last edited by Caiobrz; 2007-01-25 at 08:31.
Caiobrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 15:30   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I found the first series cheesy and boring -- but thanks to Vallen Chaos Valiant, I'll take a look at episodes 9 and 10 some time, to see if there is really something there. Gotou Keiji's Uta~Kata is one of my all-time favorite shows, in part because I really do feel for the characters.

And if the second series happens, I will of course take a look at anything Aaya is in, even if she's only in the first ep, which sounds possible. She was only 14 when she did Lumiere. Her voice is a lot different at 19. If you're interested, I have a longish piece on her in my blog.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 14:58   Link #28
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

kool just found this out at anime news network....
i watched the whole season of Kiddy Grade...it wasn't that bad, the story was good, but its just the ending that kinda got me to question whether i should just finish it or not.....towards the ending...it kinda loses your attention....i dunno if its just me, but thats what it felt when i watched it.

but i really did like the character designs and thats what led me to watch this series....
and i didn't really know that Aya Hirano did Lumiere's voice at age 14 during that time...damn thats kinda young and very talented!!

is she 19 now Kaoru Chujo??
cuz if she is...then i'm the same age as her!

but i can't wait to see what they will do with this new second season of Kiddy Grade
i dont think anything in the first season's ending left out something that can become a potential sequel...the ending seemed final already in the first season...just my two cents on this.
Old 2007-02-02, 20:45   Link #29
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
My question, as someone who never read the manga, is: is there enough plot and depth to do a second season without spoiling the series? I liked the first season although it was low paced at first, but I'm afraid they will ruin it dragging it another season =/
One of the manga is a side-story to the anime series, the other is a stand-alone story with new adversaries. There's also two (prequel) novels set in the same universe with different main characters where Eclair and Lumiere only cameo.
There's a pile of audio novels too and I don't have a clue what goes on in those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
i dont think anything in the first season's ending left out something that can become a potential sequel...the ending seemed final already in the first season...just my two cents on this.
The series was left open-ended, there was a lot of backstory glimpsed but not fullly explored and a sound universe structure in which to base completely new stories with new characters.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 23:15   Link #30
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I've seen the first season and it was really good. It might've started slow but it picked up the slack sooner. I'll be keeping my eye on this one too.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 01:21   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
...and i didn't really know that Aya Hirano did Lumiere's voice at age 14 during that time...is she 19 now Kaoru Chujo?? cuz if she is...then i'm the same age as her!...
Yes, she turned 19 last October.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 05:43   Link #32
Tinkerbell
Public Safety Section 9

From what you guys have posted it seems to me that it's a sequel, but the original main characters Lumiere and Eclair won't be so much in the forefront. From the sounds of what Woland posted, they'll be focussing on new characters for KG2.
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 12:15   Link #33
cyth
ふひひ

Well, the PV pilot has been posted. Direct link (for Windows Media Player)

Hrm, I didn't know Chihara Minori was going to perform her Junpaku no Sanctuary for this TV series. Nice.

Last edited by cyth; 2007-05-02 at 18:40. Reason: fixing grammer
cyth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 12:40   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Well, the PV pilot has been posted. Direct link (for Windows Media Player)

Hrm, I didn't know Chihara Minori was going to perform its Junpaku no Sanctuary for this TV series. Nice.
Well if her singing is anywhere near as atrocious as her voice acting and I decide to watch this, I'll be exercising my power to skip this opening. If she's a major part of the cast its a severe blow to the chances of me watching this as her range seems to go from boring-uninterested to cute-uninterested ("What? I'm in an anime? I thought this microphone was just supposed to pick up my reading of this text aloud. Oh I'm so silly."). That's what she sounds like to me, honest to god, like she's just reading the script without trying to act, emote, or get into a character.

I still haven't seen the first Kiddy Grade, because I heard the plot is nothing short of a catastrophe, but I planned to check out the Special Edition movie versions that get made when you want to fix something (Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Triliogy, which is actually better than the TV series for me).
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 13:13   Link #35
cyth
ふひひ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well if her singing is anywhere near as atrocious as her voice acting and I decide to watch this, I'll be exercising my power to skip this opening. If she's a major part of the cast its a severe blow to the chances of me watching this as her range seems to go from boring-uninterested to cute-uninterested ("What? I'm in an anime? I thought this microphone was just supposed to pick up my reading of this text aloud. Oh I'm so silly."). That's what she sounds like to me, honest to god, like she's just reading the script without trying to act, emote, or get into a character.

I still haven't seen the first Kiddy Grade, because I heard the plot is nothing short of a catastrophe, but I planned to check out the Special Edition movie versions that get made when you want to fix something (Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Triliogy, which is actually better than the TV series for me).
OK, after reading this, I've decided that you're an internet bully. Honestly, I can't remember a single person that knew how to insult and detest everything I love, in such quantities, in a single day! Congrats! Also, you're going on my ignore list.
Old 2007-05-02, 13:30   Link #36
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
OK, after reading this, I've decided that you're an internet bully. Honestly, I can't remember a single person that knew how to insult and detest everything I love, in such quantities, in a single day! Congrats! Also, you're going on my ignore list.
Well if you can't accept somebody having strong opinions about somebody who has nothing to do with you, that is probably a good choice.

Though if this ever does get around to you, maybe some people really don't approve of Chihara Minori's voice acting and aren't shy about explaining why. It's not like I've said anything at all about you, only Chihara Minori. I'm sure she's a wonderful person, but she just doesn't work for me at all and only hurts my viewing of shows she's in.

Remember, just because somebody doesn't like the same things that you do, does not make them a bully.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-02 at 14:05.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 07:53   Link #37
Dreaming of Kalissa
still dreaming...

Send a message via MSN to Dreaming of Kalissa
The term bully was probably a little off-target. However, I would consider Kaioshin's comments pretty pessimistic considering the largely positive speculation surrounding KG2. I for one am looking forward to it, though like a lot of people, I left the series hanging about half way through and only picked it up again when I heard the news about the second series and movies.

I have to disagree with your views of Chihara Minori though. Given that her voicing Aya from Tenjho Tenge was not exactly the hottest thing I had ever heard, her more recent role as Nagato Yuki from Suzumiya Haruhi was great. It was a little monotonous, but it fit her character wonderfully, and I find it hard to believe that most people would dislike and even cringe at her work in more recent years. I would not have swapped her voice with anyone else's, because that's the way Yuki's sounds, in my opinion. The "tomato tomato" sound metaphor hardly works online, but it's something along those lines. Those cold emotionless voices works for some people and not for others.

Classic example would be Ayanami Rei from Evangelion of course. Some people go "How the hell could you go moe over her!?" and others are absolutely hot for her.

Meh, what sealed it for me though was Chihara Minori's character song Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite from the Suzumiya Haruhi CD's. One of the best character songs I've heard. So I'd say from her recent work, I won't be skipping the OP.

Just back on-topic, I am curious as to what this series will focus on. I'm sure there's something good in the thousands of systems they have to work with in the universe, but it's just so hard to guess. I'm hoping they'll explain how ES members actually join in the first place, but if they follow the same MO as KG1, there probably won't be much explaining.

I'm actually quite excited we have new main characters. Not that I'm tired of Eclair and Lumiere, I'm still looking forward to their appearances in KG2, but the concept of starting from the beginning is interesting.
Dreaming of Kalissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 08:56   Link #38
cyth
ふひひ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Kalissa View Post
Just back on-topic, I am curious as to what this series will focus on. I'm sure there's something good in the thousands of systems they have to work with in the universe, but it's just so hard to guess. I'm hoping they'll explain how ES members actually join in the first place, but if they follow the same MO as KG1, there probably won't be much explaining.

I'm actually quite excited we have new main characters. Not that I'm tired of Eclair and Lumiere, I'm still looking forward to their appearances in KG2, but the concept of starting from the beginning is interesting.
In the pilot movie, I think I spotted a child-like Eclair at around 0:18, so this could as well be before K.G-1's time. I'm not 100% sure it was her, or that the footage was meant in that context, but... could be.
Old 2007-05-04, 10:10   Link #39
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
In the pilot movie, I think I spotted a child-like Eclair at around 0:18, so this could as well be before K.G-1's time. I'm not 100% sure it was her, or that the footage was meant in that context, but... could be.
Child-like Eclair does not exist, if you catch my drift.
For those who want to be spoiled on the major plotpoint of KG 1 :

Spoiler:

That person could be Eclair, but that has no direct relation with the time period this story would be set in.
Old 2007-05-04, 10:38   Link #40
Dreaming of Kalissa
still dreaming...

Send a message via MSN to Dreaming of Kalissa
That's a good point. I can't even begin to imagine, though, how much Eclair and Lumiere can actually remember of their past. It's just mind-boggling.
Dreaming of Kalissa is offline   Reply With Quote