AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-10-24, 06:48   Link #21
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karedis View Post
Woo! Another OC Remix fan, huh? Thought I'd be all alone. I'm a pretty big Protricity fan myself, even with all his "personality faults." His Cursed Pirates mix is a very good one IMO.
I'm also an OC Remix fan, since early stages. Jordan Aguirre aka bLiNd is my favourite, followed by Haroon Piracha aka FFmusic Dj.
There's a nice Cyan Theme arrangement on SQUAREDANCE. It's an arrange album from KFSS Studios with many famous OCReMixers on it. Cyan's Theme was arranged by no one else than the boss itself, djpretzel He entitled it "Cyan (MYKTransformationMix)". This track rocks.
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 13:47   Link #22
Dollyja

Location: http:scdja.20.forumer.com and http://freewebs.com/dolijah
I've heard nothing but good things about OC Remix. The problem is, I hang out with Sadijah. Chris Jarmon and Sadijah Jarmon have no taste in remixes. Anyway, I like sampling MIDI files.
Dollyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 14:11   Link #23
Shounen
Away for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollyja View Post
I like sampling MIDI files.
Ohh those were good times lol.

Shounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 14:21   Link #24
MamoruUsagi

Final Fantasy VIII had the best music out of all of them.
MamoruUsagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 04:49   Link #25
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Nobuo Uematsu hasn't written a score as consistently good as the one for Final Fantasy VI in all the years since. Despite technical limitations, the songs he came up with for that game are brilliant. In fact, VI is just a better GAME than every one to come after it, and I shudder to think how amazing it would be if Square would give it a full make-over for the next gen. It'd certainly blow the crapfest that was Fanboy Bullshit VII out of the water.

Also, the piano collections for each game tend to be more enjoyable than the original tunes, especially the newer ones. Except IV and V. Those piano collections were miserably unimaginative.
Old 2006-10-26, 00:35   Link #26
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmoms View Post
Nobuo Uematsu hasn't written a score as consistently good as the one for Final Fantasy VI in all the years since. Despite technical limitations, the songs he came up with for that game are brilliant. In fact, VI is just a better GAME than every one to come after it, and I shudder to think how amazing it would be if Square would give it a full make-over for the next gen. It'd certainly blow the crapfest that was Fanboy Bullshit VII out of the water.

Also, the piano collections for each game tend to be more enjoyable than the original tunes, especially the newer ones. Except IV and V. Those piano collections were miserably unimaginative.
I couldn't stand VI. FFVII and FFX=easily the best. Simply put, there is no cooler villain than Sephiroth because unlike the rest in existence, he has one thing that puts him above EVERYONE else:

STYLE. Oh, and a theme song.

And the main character is a super saiyan

The only better villain I could think of than Sephiroth would be if he did the fusion dance with Illidan Stormrage...

Now THAT would be the ultimate anti-hero >:]
Old 2006-10-26, 01:00   Link #27
Mutou Yuugi
Kazama no Shinken

Send a message via MSN to Mutou Yuugi
There is one of the best favorite Final Fantasy OST that I did listened is Redemption and Longing by Gackt.
Old 2006-10-26, 11:15   Link #28
Dollyja

I recently heard a pretty good one, More Friends. It was some kind of orchestra or concert. I loved 'The Rocking Grounds' (originally from FF3 I believe), and the new version of 'A One Winged Angel'. (On a side note, I like to relax and read to the Dagguerro theme.)
Old 2006-10-26, 11:21   Link #29
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I couldn't stand VI. FFVII and FFX=easily the best. Simply put, there is no cooler villain than Sephiroth because unlike the rest in existence, he has one thing that puts him above EVERYONE else:

STYLE. Oh, and a theme song.

And the main character is a super saiyan

The only better villain I could think of than Sephiroth would be if he did the fusion dance with Illidan Stormrage...

Now THAT would be the ultimate anti-hero >:]
No, Sephiroth was a miserable villain. He was a whiny bitchboy bishonen fucker. Now Kefka... THERE'S a fucking terrifying villain. A demented clown bent on destroying the world just because he can? He's a fucking CLOWN for chrissakes.

No, VII was fucking terrible, and everyone who worships it for the story is a goddamned moron. It certainly set new standards in boring, extremely linear FMV-driven gameplay, but VI had the perfect combination of spot-on music and great plotting. It just suffers nowadays due to its 16-bit heritage. With a script re-write, music re-sequencing, and pulling the graphics into the next gen, it'd easily be the best thing Square could release.

But hey, I don't call it "Fanboy Bullshit VII" for nothing. Thanks for being an object lesson.
Old 2006-10-26, 19:39   Link #30
Karedis
Trophy Kill

Send a message via AIM to Karedis
Quote:
No, Sephiroth was a miserable villain. He was a whiny bitchboy bishonen fucker. Now Kefka... THERE'S a fucking terrifying villain. A demented clown bent on destroying the world just because he can? He's a fucking CLOWN for chrissakes.

No, VII was fucking terrible, and everyone who worships it for the story is a goddamned moron. It certainly set new standards in boring, extremely linear FMV-driven gameplay, but VI had the perfect combination of spot-on music and great plotting. It just suffers nowadays due to its 16-bit heritage. With a script re-write, music re-sequencing, and pulling the graphics into the next gen, it'd easily be the best thing Square could release.

But hey, I don't call it "Fanboy Bullshit VII" for nothing. Thanks for being an object lesson.
Whoa whoa! Calm down killmoms. I agree with you totally. Kefka > Sephiroth. I still have images of a crazed lunatic trudging through the desert with his ever distinct theme playing in the background. An amazing image if there ever was one.

The entrance of Sephiroth dictated the change from the classic "Tyrant" villain into the more "Mysterious Bishie Hate the World" villain. Kefka seemed to be the last villain who HAD an army and wouldn't stop until he reached his goal of endless power - which he almost had!

I've played just about every FF and I can say that Kefka's theme is much more prominent in my "awesome songs" list than Sephiroth's theme. Yup. Just trying to be a bit nicer than killmoms over here.
Karedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 10:13   Link #31
Sadijah
Comptroller

All users: Please keep in mind that this is someone elses thread. Let's be polite to that author so their thread doesn't get CLOSED. For the record, I agree, Kefka is ownin Sephiroth.
Sadijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 13:03   Link #32
Lord Faust

Send a message via MSN to Lord Faust
Ah yes, FF series, personally my favourite is FFVIII. Mixed reactions about the gameplay and story line aside, I love the soundtrack. My favourites are Legendary Beast, Force Your Way, Premonition and The Landing

FF VII - Main Battle Theme, Jenova
FF X - To Zanarkand ( Oops forgetten others, so ashamed and called myslf a fan- boy)
Lord Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 14:43   Link #33
Juan Valdez

Without a doubt, the FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC: Final Fantasy VIII arranged album is my favorite.

FFVIII's OST wasn't particularly great, but this orchestral version demonstrates how excellent it could have been. The arranged versions of Fisherman's Horizon and Blue Fields are alone worth the price Stunning, IMHO. Check it out.

Overall though, I'd say FFVII and FFIX are the best OSTs.
Juan Valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 23:16   Link #34
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:

Frankly in VI, I couldn't stand the battle-every-two-steps when I'm just trying to immerse myself in the game. Simply was NOT fun and if you're talking SNES RPGs, Seiken Densetsu 3 and Chrono Trigger make FFVI seem silly.

Villains that cower behind an army are lame. Frankly it's not so much about what a villain does as how they're presented. And Seph has style.

Also, stop labelling the FFVII appreciators as fanboys. Because there's a hell of a lot more "fanboys" than the "old antique" lovers. Or why is Kefka hardly a heard of name? I'm sure everyone in the video-game circle and their dog know who cloud and sephiroth are.
Old 2006-11-03, 05:25   Link #35
Dollyja

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Frankly in VI, I couldn't stand the battle-every-two-steps when I'm just trying to immerse myself in the game. Simply was NOT fun and if you're talking SNES RPGs, Seiken Densetsu 3 and Chrono Trigger make FFVI seem silly.

Villains that cower behind an army are lame. Frankly it's not so much about what a villain does as how they're presented. And Seph has style.

Also, stop labelling the FFVII appreciators as fanboys. Because there's a hell of a lot more "fanboys" than the "old antique" lovers. Or why is Kefka hardly a heard of name? I'm sure everyone in the video-game circle and their dog know who cloud and sephiroth are.
I appreciate all the responses I can get. In fact, sophistication is sometimes better than one sentence answers. However, at the risk of being a 'backseat mod', I believe you and killmoms have been asked not to debate in this thread. My sole purpose of creating it was to get opinions on 'favorite FF OSTs'. No more "thoriwng hot coffee as if you've seen Jack Thompson" please.
Old 2006-11-04, 04:36   Link #36
SailorAlphaCentauri

Send a message via AIM to SailorAlphaCentauri Send a message via MSN to SailorAlphaCentauri
As I have not been exposed to that much FF (I watch as my husband plays the games, and that was starting with FFVIII), there is one song that I have been in love with since the first time I heard it. It's from FFX, and I believe it is the town where you chase the butterflies on the light/tree branch paths (I think that's the one). The only thing I'm sure of is that it is music for a town that is very...blue in its coloring, if that makes sense. I still have the midi file of it somewhere. It relaxes me (which is a feat in and of itself), so it holds a special place in my heart.
Old 2006-11-04, 08:59   Link #37
Sadijah
Comptroller

I recently heard "Sairin". It was pretty cool. I still like the original "A One Winged Angel" better.
Sadijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 09:30   Link #38
Atelier_Spacy

Uuumm... I guess I've heard bits and pieces of FFVIII OST. Shows how well I pay attention to my surroundings.
Atelier_Spacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 06:04   Link #39
Dollyja

Oh Spacy! I'm loving your signature. Why won't you come back to CMX's? The HoP just got interesting...
Old 2006-11-06, 14:13   Link #40
BlackJack0919
Anime Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackJack0919
Oh , I love the song from Final Fantasy XII , the song name : kiss me goodbye , perfomed by Angela Aki , since I haven't heard the main song of FFXI, does anyone know ???? Just give me the name ^^