AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-08, 21:11   Link #1
wb_hicks

kira role in destiny

has there been anything on how big of a part kira going to play in destany. from the opening its seem to hint that he still has he freedom gundam. they just can reveal that kira is the ulitmate cordinator then jsut leave him out.
Old 2004-11-08, 21:37   Link #2
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well, some points, you must understand, its all speculation.

a) Kira is with Lacus - at least a version of her. There's a whole 'fake Lacus' or 'Lacus Impersonator' theory that is bouncing all over, so this might be getting complicated.

b) Apparently, a shot shows Freedom crossing sabers with Impulse. So, this indicates Kira still has access to Freedom Gundam. I can hear all of you say -"Isn't this a violation of the new treaty?". Well, I point you to Lacus and say "When did she give a damn about authority unless its hers in the first place?"

Sidetracking a bit:

c) You have the Archangel floating somewhere out there - it is still a formidable battleship (a ship of the line, if you would have it), even if you have the Minerva and Girty Lue out there. I would have thought the EA would have demanded its return in the first place. Maybe Cagalli or Lacus wiggled their fingers and managed to hide it somewhere, someplace.
Old 2004-11-08, 21:43   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

Spoiler for future eps:
Old 2004-11-08, 22:05   Link #4
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Spoiler for future eps:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-08, 22:24   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-08, 22:33   Link #6
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Spoiler:
mmm, check the website
Old 2004-11-08, 22:36   Link #7
brightman
Ancient Member

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-08, 23:45   Link #8
KoopaTroopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Well, some points, you must understand, its all speculation.

a) Kira is with Lacus - at least a version of her. There's a whole 'fake Lacus' or 'Lacus Impersonator' theory that is bouncing all over, so this might be getting complicated.
I did a search trying to find out more of this clone/fake Lacus theory, but couldn't find anything off-hand. Can someone explain this theory without giving too much, if possible.

Thanks
Old 2004-11-09, 01:47   Link #9
aeolian

I think there are other topics in this gundam forum talking about this theory.

It actually started out in seed, they say there were two lacus with different personalities, but i am not sure about this one becuase i didn't there was such a theory berfore i finished the series.

In destiny's op, you can see two lacus, one was behind athrun, another was flying/floating towards kira in front of freedom. You can notice the difference without much effort because their facial expressions are totally different.

These are what i know and i might be wrong, so it would be great if someone can clear this up again.
Old 2004-11-09, 01:53   Link #10
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

Although I agree with Freedom being back in action (I hope Kira shows Shinn a thing or two messing with his buddy and sister), some people raise the idea that Freedom was too damaged at the end of Gundam SEED and that the images in the OP is none the less images. Pictures (images) can have many different meanings and some people believe that it is to show the anger of Shinn against Kira (and orb?).

BTW speaking of OP images, what's Gundam behind Authrun in the OP when he's with Lacus (Lacus Clone??)? Sure looks like.... Justice?
Old 2004-11-09, 02:03   Link #11
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

There isn't a clone, at least I hpoe sow. And if Lacus is a clone why would anyone clone her.

I can't wait for the Freedom gundam **points at avatar***. Go Kira beat the crap out of Shinn!! Don't think that I hate Shinn, I just don't like 2 see Kira lose.
Old 2004-11-09, 02:04   Link #12
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

This has probably been asked, but in the ED, who is the other officer sitting beside Deakka and... Yzak?
Old 2004-11-09, 02:08   Link #13
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
This has probably been asked, but in the ED, who is the other officer sitting beside Deakka and... Yzak?
she is shiho
Old 2004-11-09, 02:08   Link #14
aeolian

My guess will be justice because the V-Antenna seems to be yellow, but i am not sure.

And aren't we a little off topic............
Old 2004-11-09, 02:31   Link #15
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon
There isn't a clone, at least I hpoe sow. And if Lacus is a clone why would anyone clone her.

I can't wait for the Freedom gundam **points at avatar***. Go Kira beat the crap out of Shinn!! Don't think that I hate Shinn, I just don't like 2 see Kira lose.
they dont specify who is actually in the cockpit of Freedom, but it's a strong chance that Kira is in it
Old 2004-11-09, 03:30   Link #16
FlyByNite

I'm sure when they need a character to cry like a cat having its tail cut off or a character to ball up in the fetal position they'll call on Kira...

Old 2004-11-09, 06:20   Link #17
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
She's a MSV/manga side-story character. She piloted this prototype unit and was in Yzak's squadron near the end of Seed; you can see her make cameo appearance but she was never introduced. I think she admires Yzak or something (the scans I have is in Japanese so I'm just guessing here).
Old 2004-11-09, 10:39   Link #18
Derelict
Et tu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I'm sure when they need a character to cry like a cat having its tail cut off or a character to ball up in the fetal position they'll call on Kira...

You must have missed 90% of SEED if you think that's all he did.

Old 2004-11-09, 11:14   Link #19
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict
You must have missed 90% of SEED if you think that's all he did.

You must have missed 90% of "" and "joke" if you think that's all he did.

I am anticipating Kira's return because seriously, I am going to get sick of Shinn very fast. Thank goodness for Rey.
Actually, Kira seems more important than I thought he was pre-Destiny. Pre-Destiny Kira looked like a character who'd appear in the background or for only half an arc or something. Hardly saw him at all... Oh well, Sunrise + Bandai know how to work the hype machines the way they want
Old 2004-11-09, 11:24   Link #20
Derelict
Et tu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
You must have missed 90% of "" and "joke" if you think that's all he did.

I am anticipating Kira's return because seriously, I am going to get sick of Shinn very fast. Thank goodness for Rey.
Actually, Kira seems more important than I thought he was pre-Destiny. Pre-Destiny Kira looked like a character who'd appear in the background or for only half an arc or something. Hardly saw him at all... Oh well, Sunrise + Bandai know how to work the hype machines the way they want
That's yet to be seen. I don't like Shinn very much, but I'm not getting my hopes up when it comes to Kira playing a big role in GS: D.

I don't see him using Freedom in another war, unless he believes he can end it or Lacus convinces him to.