AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 22 25.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 41.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-31, 14:44   Link #141
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Well...here is the episode 3 pic of 2002 u were speakin bout... but i didnt notice in the 2006 version...could u tell me where in the 2006 version exactly

SPOILER
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-31, 16:27   Link #142
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-31, 17:42   Link #143
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just watched ep 4 again.... I reallllllly liked this episode. It just had a nice feel to it.

The flashback was extremely cute, though it isn't really clear Yuuichi remembered it on awakening.
The little repartee between the characters was just very endearing to watch.
Little flashes of Makoto foreshadowing ... the Ayu-Makoto interplay was great.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-10-31 at 18:40.
Old 2006-10-31, 17:42   Link #144
New/Old
Old to the New

Spoiler for Answer for orion:

Heh heh. You know I enjoyed the episode. I can say I do love slice of life scenes, so that may be one of the reasons why. That and what they're doing to set up for the story as well. Heh heh.
Old 2006-10-31, 20:56   Link #145
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Regarding the amount of early foreshadowing for-
Spoiler for later events. If you're new to Kanon's story, do yourself a favour and scoot.:

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-31, 22:57   Link #146
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ack... my favorite moment in this episode was actually one of the most subtle - Yuuichi meets Kaori-chan outside the sports facility. Their little conversation was just great (family matters and Nayuki's sleep pattern) "things not said but acknowledged".
Old 2006-10-31, 23:20   Link #147
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I'm stone cold new for this material - no exposure to it in any previous formats - and finding it very interesting so far. As much as anything I started watching the '06 version just to see what it was about this story that promoted such intense love/hate reactions from the community.

As for favorite characters, so far its definitely Ayu. That "Uguu" just kills me...
Old 2006-11-01, 22:48   Link #148
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, I'm stone cold new for this material - no exposure to it in any previous formats - and finding it very interesting so far. As much as anything I started watching the '06 version just to see what it was about this story that promoted such intense love/hate reactions from the community.

As for favorite characters, so far its definitely Ayu. That "Uguu" just kills me...
Welcome to Kanon.. it may seem slow now... but I promise there is a lot here The next episode should really begin the aspects that people have been waiting for.

After watching this one again, as weird as it may be, I think my favorite moment is Ayu falling in the entry way, and seeing Makoto... just something about the way that she says "Makoto-san?" ... I dont know... Mai is still my favorite.... can't wait for certain parts of that story to unfold again.
Old 2006-11-01, 23:02   Link #149
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The camera work when Ayu met Makoto was great.... (ayu's face falling out of frame)(upside down rotate to look up stairs). That isn't trivial stuff to animate.

Something just clicked with all the Ayu pratfalls we're seeing... <d'oh... oh>.
Old 2006-11-02, 00:17   Link #150
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
Welcome to Kanon.. it may seem slow now... but I promise there is a lot here The next episode should really begin the aspects that people have been waiting for.

After watching this one again, as weird as it may be, I think my favorite moment is Ayu falling in the entry way, and seeing Makoto... just something about the way that she says "Makoto-san?" ... I dont know... Mai is still my favorite.... can't wait for certain parts of that story to unfold again.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not finding it slow - I'm enjoying the setup. I love the focus on the mundane aspects of life, but I'm definitely picking up the sinister undercurrent. So far, the mood is sort of a cross between Zettai Shounen and Higurashi.
Old 2006-11-02, 09:17   Link #151
Lord Faust

Send a message via MSN to Lord Faust
Finally got some time off to watch the episode a second time round. Hmm, personally I find little Ayu with long hair very cute, wished she had kept her beautiful long hair. Yes, I prefer my ladies with long hair...^_^

Kaori herself is also starting to have a special place in my heart. She explained the situation to Yuiichi regarding Nayuki's habit of over doing things and gave a friendly warning not to put Nayuki in any kind of trouble rather well. Wished she could tell him off every single time he upsets Nayuki and any other lady for that matter, coupled with Makoto slap of death from episode 3 of course. Just joking...^_^

Question. Is Kaori part of Yuiich's prophesized harem? Definitely would like to see more screen time of her. Love her hair too BTW.

Hmm, as hoped, next episode finally we might get more of Mai. I hope she herself has some kind of a verbal expression like Ayu and Makoto. Hope hers is more sultry and sexy than cute like Ayu's and Makoto's, LOL.
Old 2006-11-02, 13:38   Link #152
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Faust View Post
Question. Is Kaori part of Yuiich's prophesized harem? Definitely would like to see more screen time of her. Love her hair too BTW.

Hmm, as hoped, next episode finally we might get more of Mai. I hope she herself has some kind of a verbal expression like Ayu and Makoto. Hope hers is more sultry and sexy than cute like Ayu's and Makoto's, LOL.
Well, go back to episode 2 where Yuuichi has been lost, and Kaori helps him out... MISAKI Kaori ka? COOL no onena na. "Misaki Kaori? She's a cool one." (~14:00) Yuuichi seems to find her intersting then. And I'll promsie we haven't seen the last of her yet. Just to this moment, we're not ready to learn about her past... but it is important to the story.

Spoiler for Kaori:

Spoiler for Vexx:

As for Mai... it's hard to say without giving much away... but she's my kind of Moe.

Last edited by todkapuz; 2006-11-02 at 13:53. Reason: romaji (or as best as I hear it)
Old 2006-11-02, 17:06   Link #153
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
And now I pay my ultimate punishment for posting those spoilers:
my wife is now saying "uguu" when she wants to bother me even
though she's seen perhaps one minute of the entire series. She
saw the segment where Yuuichi mocked Ayu and has been copying
it for days now.
Old 2006-11-02, 18:30   Link #154
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ARggh..... I'd probably burst into moe-ified molecules if my wife pulled that stunt. She has a special noise she makes but it sounds a great deal more like Haruhi's growl or Hazuki/Becky's little tirades. I have a little set of Hazuki and Haruhi avatars assigned to her on my cellphone
Old 2006-11-02, 18:53   Link #155
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Don't know if this is spoiler or not . . . there are 5 girls in the game, all other characters are considered minor characters, they don't have an ending in other words. Those characters all have been introduced and are

Spoiler:

All other characters are only there to progress the story or related somehow to the main 5.

Spoiler tags added for the names, though it should be rather obvious who the main girls are, some people don't know yet I guess

Last edited by KenOhki'sRage; 2006-11-03 at 01:40.
Old 2006-11-02, 22:09   Link #156
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
And now I pay my ultimate punishment for posting those spoilers:
my wife is now saying "uguu" when she wants to bother me even
though she's seen perhaps one minute of the entire series. She
saw the segment where Yuuichi mocked Ayu and has been copying
it for days now.
Simple solution; you should respond with "Auuu".
Old 2006-11-02, 23:54   Link #157
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Quote:
Don't know if this is spoiler or not
Yes, it is a spoiler....because other then Ayu, Nayuki & Motoko, the rest of the characters so far have had equal amonts of screen time but your post kind of makes it clear who will end up being a part of the story and who isn't....which wasn't obvious with those characters right now..which isn't always what people (like me) want to know beforehand....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2006-11-02, 23:59   Link #158
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Don't know if this is spoiler or not . . .
Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2007-04-18, 22:02   Link #159
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Okay then let's see. I haven't gotten around to doing this because I've been busy. I've actually seen up to ep 10 now.

Presentation:

The animation seemed off this episode. In the scene where Yuuichi is talking to Naiyuki, depending on the angle she either looks about the same height as him, much smaller or just a head shorter. Also some of the characters didn't look as polished as they did last episode and kind of looked like they were missing some details in certain shots. The music saves it though as it is as good as ever earning this part a 3.5/5. What happened to my seamless segue into the ending theme in this episode as well.

Voice Acting: they should honestly get the shouta Yuuichi to do the voice because he's so much less painful to hear than Sugita Tomokazu (I feel like meeting the guy and explaining to him that he's not clever or funny when he does his little freakouts like in the scene where he scared Makoto. The scene was funny, but he detracted a bit from it. The only reason I can gather why people would think he was funny is that he puts on this overselling voice like Chris Rock, when really he barely even sounds like he's in the same studio as the rest of the actors and thus the comedy falls flat due to poor timing and proper reaction). Still Yui Horie was great as Ayu and all the others did there parts good for the few girls who actually showed up this episode. I'll give this part a 3.5 as well for the 6 minutes with a much less annoying sounding Yuuich. .5 extra over last episode.

7/10 overall for presentation.

Plot: Er.... the vast majority of the episode seemed to revolve around the cast eating food or foot related topics. Quite boring, but at least they bothered to explore a bit of Yuuichi and Ayu's past, and now we get to meet Mai as the ending seems to indicate. Still I can only give this 1/5, but its still better than last times 0/5.

Character: I find it hard to hate any of the characters other than Yuuichi. We got some great development for Ayu, and Makoto seems very depressed for obvious reasons, but all the others seemed to languish as is the norm of a character arc style storytelling structure. I'd give this a 3/5.

So 4/10 overall for Plot/Character + 7/10 for presentation= 11/20 and since I'm feeling generous today I feel I'll tilt to a 6/10.
Old 2007-04-21, 23:36   Link #160
KeiKei-chan
A Great Friend !~!~!~!

Kanon is really a good show!
Right?
Spoiler for Like it?:
Closed Thread