AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2006-10-23, 13:54   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I would like to see sticky threads be made in that section distributing Anime to their respective genre.

There is a similar sorting in the Bit Torrent Download section, why not sticky threads in the Suggestion section. The main reasons behind suggestions section is knowing new anime you have not watched and suggesting anime that you liked /enjoyed. The threads are getting repetitive

I would like to see if possible some anime genre based sticky thread (closed posts)

Quote:

* Action

* Romance

* Ecchi/Harem

* Drama

* Sports

* Psychological/Horror

I know this level of detailed genre sorting is not viable , but could be feasible if minimum number of Genres are dispalyed through sticky threrads in Suggestions section

Last edited by xris; 2006-10-23 at 14:10.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 14:09   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

In theory it's a nice idea but there are some problems with your suggestion as it stands.

First, there are an awful lot of possible genres, we list 36 of them on the main AnimeSuki site (Series by Genre) and I'm sure people can think of a lot more than that.

Even with the half dozen genres you suggest (which really isn't enough choice), it would mean that the forum would be all stickies and no posts. Stickies are always at the top of each forum page so it would mean that many threads wouldn't be displayed.

It does become a little impersonal where people are making suggestions to no one in particular and posters might feel their own request posts are being drowned out.

I suspect it will still be repetitive even if you make the suggested threads.

Not sure what you mean by "anime genre based sticky thread (closed posts)". Closed posts?

A lot of times people are looking for something with a mix of genres. Where would you post a request for Drama and Romance?

The idea has some possibilites but there are some changes needed to make it fly (if at all).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 14:22   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I get your point when you say its not feasible to make threads regarding all the listed sorting .That would make the suggestions section only be filled with sticky threads . But to the basic Genres I think it would be possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Not sure what you mean by "anime genre based sticky thread (closed posts)". Closed posts?
Actually I was trying to convey Thread Lock i.e. which mods can only make changes so the anime list would be intact . It could be upgraded/altered on requests .

Quote:
A lot of times people are looking for something with a mix of genres. Where would you post a request for Drama and Romance?

Well those are special requests , there are also other special requests like Medieval , Samurai , Ninjas , Protagonist is not a wimp etc ... Regarding those as always the users can make threads

But for the regular ones like Romance Comedy Action Horror and Drama there could be sticky threads, just a suggestion
Old 2006-10-23, 16:57   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
The threads are getting repetitive
And your point is..
It can't be helped.. those threads are there to help people.. not for personal enjoyment..
What's the point in listing series by gender in some thread(s).. don't get me wrong but what's so good about it..

IMHO.. the thing is that unless the "feature" has some coolness factor around it people won't use it no matter how complete and perfect it is..
Old 2006-10-23, 17:22   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII;
And your point is..
It can't be helped.. those threads are there to help people.. not for personal enjoyment..
What's the point in listing series by gender in some thread(s).. don't get me wrong but what's so good about it..

IMHO.. the thing is that unless the "feature" has some coolness factor around it people won't use it no matter how complete and perfect it is..
Errr it was an idea a suggestion to the Mods . I mean never even asked your opnion or even remotely in anyway concerned with you say in that matter . I mean are you so opinionated on evrything or you just want to get noticed by everyone ?

Gender what gender ??? Genre
Old 2006-10-23, 17:33   Link #6
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Actually I just hate it when there are 100eds of sticky threads..

Anyway.. are the Mods the ones that are suppose to use it.. lol
Old 2006-10-23, 17:34   Link #7
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I mean are you so opinionated on evrything or you just want to get noticed by everyone ?
Now now... play nicely.

The problem I see with a sticky thread approach is the fact that few people bother to read them...

Take a given person looking for suggestions...
Assume they DO read sticky threads:
Chances are they've searched the suggestion forum and found some answers already (even if they were not in stand-alone sticky threads). If they don't find answers, chances are a sticky won't help them and they would need to post anyway.
Assume they do NOT read sticky threads:
The sticky's don't help (because they don't read them) and they've probably not searched... so they post anyway. Thus defeating the point of the sticky post.
Basically with the search features and the list on the main site (that xris linked to) I just don't see a market for a set of stickies...

One option might be to just use the sticky as an index... rather tha duplicate what is already posted. I can see a opening for an index post. It would take some maintaining, but I can see a thread with a post per genre and some links to collections of better thought out suggestion posts / threads. Ones with good descriptions or where someone has really thought about what they are trying to say... it would sit well with users who bother to search, by doing the narrowing down of the result set for them... while not duplicating what is already posted.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 18:10   Link #8
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

How does an index help.. it just sounds like a eyesore..
Xris has around 960+ entries in the SDI & HME threads (last time I checked).. are you sure your willing to order that many..

Rather then wasting your time with an index in a obscure thread in the forum.. wouldn't it be better to just develop a filter system for the main site.. so you can display all the series that have romance are comedies and have mecha for example.. That should reduce the number of "repetitive"-ness in the suggestion forum.
Old 2006-10-28, 14:36   Link #9
MamoruUsagi

I agree with the main poster, it would be good if we chose some genres to put in, so the one asing for suggestions will see more suggestions, so there aren't as many repetetive posts. And this is a message from someone who makes repetetive posts.
MamoruUsagi is offline   Reply With Quote