AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-15, 07:04   Link #601
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Never explisitly stated but hinted at.

Facts from -108. Rose had only been a captain about a year. none of them had been a captian for over 100 years. Shinji commented that as of late they had gone through a lot of captains(new Kenpachi, 10th squad captain had been killed, 12th was being permoted)

Shinji seems to have been one of the oldest visored captains but from the interactions of hyori and him I woulde guess that not too long ago the were the sank rank
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 19:08   Link #602
XLilaX
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlantis
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Maybe he is a member of squad 0
Actually this idea was already discussed of him being a RG We came to the conclusion that they most likely wouldn't let a shinigami from such a high ranking walk away or escape perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
well the vizard captains were all new, appointed within a few years of start of the tbtp arc (i think shinji was the only one we didn't get a start time for). isshin could've been any of their predecessors.
At first when I read this I was really confused then it slowly started to sink in that Isshin looked considerably older than any of the Vaizards cuz even Shinji could pass for a high school student so Isshin must be really old to age that well in Soul Society but then my friend reminded me that he may be older but it doesn't necessarily mean he was a long time Captain ... sigh ... I've walked myself a full circle
__________________
PEaCE!!
XLilaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 19:35   Link #603
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLilaX View Post
Actually this idea was already discussed of him being a RG We came to the conclusion that they most likely wouldn't let a shinigami from such a high ranking walk away or escape perhaps
Yeah so he was the 10th Squad Captain that faked his death or wateva, if thats the case I wonder what Matsumoto reaction would be if she sees him. And its slightly possible for him to be apart of Squad 0, people who are promoted may all reside in the real world. Who knows, Squad 0 is a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLilaX View Post
At first when I read this I was really confused then it slowly started to sink in that Isshin looked considerably older than any of the Vaizards cuz even Shinji could pass for a high school student so Isshin must be really old to age that well in Soul Society but then my friend reminded me that he may be older but it doesn't necessarily mean he was a long time Captain ... sigh ... I've walked myself a full circle
Yeah he might be from Retsu's Era.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 21:47   Link #604
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
If he really is from Retsu's era, than expect Isshin to be a powerhouse.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 04:43   Link #605
Frailty
Going Left
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by noven View Post
or he remembered with ichigo's reiatsu from when they fought in the world of the living 2 weeks prior
touche my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
or given Byakuya's point of view like 2 days prior.
touche to you as well

well I still think he's part of the Royal guards
__________________

Frailty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 16:58   Link #606
xXNimbusXx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Hmm I have two theories on this

The most likley one is something a lot of people have already been saying, and would certainly explain the lack of a number on the back of Isshin's haori, plus the way he wears it and that is he was promoted to the Royal Guard AKA "Zero Squad"

The second theory is that he was the previous 11th squad captain who was supposedly "killed" by Kenpachi, which also explains how he lost his powers (btw idk if somebody has already said this or not, but i couldnt be bothered ti read through 31 pages lol)
xXNimbusXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 17:15   Link #607
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNimbusXx View Post
Hmm I have two theories on this

The most likley one is something a lot of people have already been saying, and would certainly explain the lack of a number on the back of Isshin's haori, plus the way he wears it and that is he was promoted to the Royal Guard AKA "Zero Squad"

The second theory is that he was the previous 11th squad captain who was supposedly "killed" by Kenpachi, which also explains how he lost his powers (btw idk if somebody has already said this or not, but i couldnt be bothered ti read through 31 pages lol)
He being the 11th Squad Captain is possible, being as though Isshin was most likely before the Vizards Era, however, I doubt it would be to pull off faking your own death in front of the all the Captains in SS.

When someone challenges a Captain for his seat, its a fight to the death, and it has to be witnessed by the other Captains of SS. So to me, it would make MORE sense for him to be the former 10th Squad Captain that supposedly died on the battlefield.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 17:59   Link #608
kamyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
actually the fight to the death option only needs to be in front of members of that squad. (200 or more of them to be exact)
a bunch of random nobodies could be tricked into believing anything (or intimidated).
also, zaraki has a track record of ending fights without delivering the finishing blow (usually out of boredom).
__________________
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 18:01   Link #609
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNimbusXx View Post
something a lot of people have already been saying,
Exactly.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
actually the fight to the death option only needs to be in front of members of that squad. (200 or more of them to be exact)
a bunch of random nobodies could be tricked into believing anything (or intimidated).
also, )zaraki has a track record of ending fights without delivering the finishing blow (usually out of boredom.
If Zaraki didn't deliver the finishing blow to the previous Kenpachi, then why would tousen be so terrified of him?
__________________
I hate most of you.

Last edited by Gin; 2009-08-17 at 19:39.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 06:57   Link #610
xXNimbusXx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Well I dont know, I mean there are a lot of ways this could go and I think that the whole former high ranking shinigami, supposedly killed in action blah blah etc would be a bit predictable whichever way they dress it. Personally I like the idea of him being a substitute shinigami in the past like Ichigo and having lots of little adventures with Ryuken.

Anyway the 11th squad thing was just a thought, since we don't really know much about the 11th squad before Zaraki became captain

Quote:
If Zaraki didn't deliver the finishing blow to the previous Kenpachi, then why would tousen be so terrified of him?
Because Zaraki is the exact opposite of Tousen. He can't comprehend how somone can love fighting and bloodshed so much and have no concept of fear. Which nullifies the effect of Tousen's bankai somewhat
xXNimbusXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 07:13   Link #611
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNimbusXx View Post

Because Zaraki is the exact opposite of Tousen. He can't comprehend how somone can love fighting and bloodshed so much and have no concept of fear. Which nullifies the effect of Tousen's bankai somewhat
Spoiler for space:
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 07:30   Link #612
noven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Minnesota
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
touche my friend



touche to you as well

well I still think he's part of the Royal guards
oh, yeah i'm not arguing that, it's definitely possible, especially considering the strange half-cloak he had and the fact that he knows urahara.
__________________
Swallow us all up we are surely not worthy!
And there is nothing left to believe so they'll believe what they see.
noven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 13:58   Link #613
kamyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
but tousen literally could not have seen the fight (and even if he could, he didn't need to).
it is possible the 200 random nobody squad members could be tricked/intimidated into thinking the old captain died. then word spreads from there and it gets accepted as fact.
and even if tousen was sensing the fight (or if anyone else was for that matter), damaging the soul link (or whichever it is) would cut off his spirit power giving the perception that he died. that could also explain why isshin only recently regained his powers.
__________________
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 15:26   Link #614
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
but tousen literally could not have seen the fight (and even if he could, he didn't need to).
it is possible the 200 random nobody squad members could be tricked/intimidated into thinking the old captain died. then word spreads from there and it gets accepted as fact.
and even if tousen was sensing the fight (or if anyone else was for that matter), damaging the soul link (or whichever it is) would cut off his spirit power giving the perception that he died. that could also explain why isshin only recently regained his powers.
bigest flaw in that is that Ishin has only been with out powers for 20 years and you still run in to why Shinji, Rukia, or any of Shiro's team (they had Ichigo under watch) couldn't ID him. Matsumoto has been a Shinigami nearly as long as Gin has so you have someone that should be able to ID Isshin if he was prominte in SS for the last 108 years or more
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 16:56   Link #615
kamyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
bigest flaw in that is that Ishin has only been with out powers for 20 years and you still run in to why Shinji, Rukia, or any of Shiro's team (they had Ichigo under watch) couldn't ID him. Matsumoto has been a Shinigami nearly as long as Gin has so you have someone that should be able to ID Isshin if he was prominte in SS for the last 108 years or more
i forgot about the 20 year thing, but it could be explained by saying he recovered long before that then got a special gigai from urahara so he could marry masaki. urahara basically flat out says that he was responsible for isshan's powers being sealed for that 20 years.

as for people you say should have recognized him, the only one that would've maybe known him was shinji and he never went to ichigo's house.
gin didn't become a shinigami until after the mini-time skip in the tbtp arc while the mystery captain was defeated an unspecified amount of time before the arc began.
matsumoto was after him and hitsugaya was after her.
rukia (and renji, momo, kira, and hisagi) wasn't until after aizen was already a captain (with grown up gin as vc).
__________________
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 17:02   Link #616
XLilaX
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlantis
Age: 20
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Gotei_13 I found this web page and although some of the stuff in it is non-canon it gives a good idea over who was captain and previous to that too ^^

in the tenth division they don't state any one so hint hint
__________________
PEaCE!!
XLilaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 00:41   Link #617
Dynast Queen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
That's what makes me believe he was the 10th Squad Captain. All the Captains that were revealed, were revealed because they were turned into Vizards. Isshin had no involvement in any of that, so I think it would have been pointless to reveal him.

But the problem I have with this theory is the fact that no one remembered the name "Kurosaki" when Ichigo broke in to save Rukia. If he had been one of the 13 court guard captains I'm sure they would have most likely remembered the name Kurosaki. Though I do find it strange that there was absolutely no hint towards a 10th division captain whatsoever at that point.

On another note I've also seen theories about Isshin taking on Misaki's name. While that may be true, I think the chances of that are very slim. There's a possibility that when he left soul society that he changed his name, but we don't know that for sure either. Personally I believe he has some connection to the royal guard, which may explain why no one knows the name. I'm not so sure the 13 captains know who many of the royal guard are, with the exception of the former 12th division captain Kirio Hikifune, because they rarely mention them at all.
Dynast Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 06:54   Link #618
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynast Queen View Post
But the problem I have with this theory is the fact that no one remembered the name "Kurosaki" when Ichigo broke in to save Rukia. If he had been one of the 13 court guard captains I'm sure they would have most likely remembered the name Kurosaki. Though I do find it strange that there was absolutely no hint towards a 10th division captain whatsoever at that point.

On another note I've also seen theories about Isshin taking on Misaki's name. While that may be true, I think the chances of that are very slim. There's a possibility that when he left soul society that he changed his name, but we don't know that for sure either. Personally I believe he has some connection to the royal guard, which may explain why no one knows the name. I'm not so sure the 13 captains know who many of the royal guard are, with the exception of the former 12th division captain Kirio Hikifune, because they rarely mention them at all.
I can buy that, that was actually one of the other theories I mentioned. Either 10th Squad or Royal Guard. I think it was stated that Isshin did take Ichigo's mother last name, Japan is really like the West, a man taking his wife's name isn't that serious. I believe more so that he is with the 10th more than the Royal Guard is because it was stated that the previous 10th Squad Captain died in battle, which makes it easy for escape.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 12:25   Link #619
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Konoha
Age: 25
I think he would be from the 10th squad because Urahara mentions that Isshin was his superior. If he was from the Royal Guard, Urahara would have met him in the first place.

What I would love to see is Isshin reveaing his Shinigami status to Ichigo and then training him to control his massive Reiatsu and how to use Kido. That would be interesting.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------
(\_/) Copy this bunny to your sigature
(Oo) to help him acheive world domination!
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 12:44   Link #620
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I think he would be from the 10th squad because Urahara mentions that Isshin was his superior. If he was from the Royal Guard, Urahara would have met him in the first place.
Both of those statements make no sense. if Isshin was captain of 10th squad him and Urahara would be equals. And if Isshin was royal guard then why would that mean Urahara had met him? Most people don't know about the royal guard. Please revise your statements or explain to me what I'm misunderstanding in your post.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.