AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-11-03, 00:37   Link #661
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

could be worse...Hunter x Hunter sees no sight of the end because the creator is pretty much constantly on hiatus.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 11:45   Link #662
CoreyPmc1
BlackDeath Anonymous

Send a message via AIM to CoreyPmc1
I'm only a anime watcher... but I wonder if it's possible that Isshin could be one of the king's Royal gaurds... Aren't they suppose to be really powerful?
CoreyPmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 04:13   Link #663
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyPmc1 View Post
I'm only a anime watcher... but I wonder if it's possible that Isshin could be one of the king's Royal gaurds... Aren't they suppose to be really powerful?
as were the Arrancar/Espada and we saw how that turned out....*sigh*
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 22:16   Link #664
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
maybe some royal guards stay in the real world watching for anyone trying to get into the kings realm from the human world.
Old 2009-11-22, 21:33   Link #665
woodyfly

My theory is that the gotei 13 and the "royal guards" were completely separate. Even yamamato does not know anything about the royal guards. Isshin was in the royal guards and that's why nobody knows him.

For whatever reason it may be, he somehow met urahara during his time. We might get a flashback on when they met and how
woodyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 23:51   Link #666
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfly View Post
My theory is that the gotei 13 and the "royal guards" were completely separate. Even yamamato does not know anything about the royal guards. Isshin was in the royal guards and that's why nobody knows him.

For whatever reason it may be, he somehow met urahara during his time. We might get a flashback on when they met and how
the problem with that theory is that the only confirmed member of the royal guard was promoted to there from captain.
Old 2009-11-24, 21:56   Link #667
Kurohitsugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
the problem with that theory is that the only confirmed member of the royal guard was promoted to there from captain.
I don't think that every member of the royal guard is necessarily an ex-captain from the Gotei 13.
Some members possibly exist completely isolated from SS, like the king himself.

But apart from that, we know for sure that Rukia and Shinji couldn't identify him, but we don't know about Yamamoto and the 3 Top-Captains. It's not confirmed yet if they know about Isshins existence or not. It would actually surprise me, if Isshin is completely unknown, because I can't imagine that only Urahara of all SS does know him.
Kurohitsugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 11:56   Link #668
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

One of the reasons I think that Isshin is from the Royal Guard is the way he wears is Captain's haori. Of course, the Captains and Luitenants of the Gotei 13 have the freedom of "customizing" their outfit, but we never saw any Captain wear their haori in any way other than wearing them normally on their backs.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 11:59   Link #669
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
He may very well be a captain from another SS.
And don't tell me that there can't be more than one SS because Kubo contradicts everything.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 12:45   Link #670
Nosauz

Well I'm convinced that Isshin will be introduced as a more substantial character in the mid fight between Ichigo and Aizen, why do I state this, well even though ichigo has the trump card of not being exposed to aizen's shikai, ichigo is still quite underpowered, and most likely we'll have a reset with isshin coming in to interrupt much like urahara's role, which is also something that's annoying. Urahara is no where to be found.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 23:48   Link #671
zeeinfinite

I'm gonna give my opinions here, I just can't help it.

Isshin is probably one of the Royal Guards (taking on various missions which would connect him close to quincies, hence knowing Ryuuken) and he was sent to monitor Karakura Town due to it being the "juureichi" -the point in the Human World that possess the greatest concentration of spiritual beings (I'm not sure about exactly when or how long has Karakura been the juureichi, so correct me if I'm wrong), which would in turn "endanger" the "King".

While on duty, he heard the news about the hollowfication accident and was ordered to search for them in the human world after they ran away from SS. Then he stumbled upon Urahara, who could have tricked Isshin by saying that he's on the same mission issued by Gotei 13 (stated seemingly in their conversations, ch188, pg08-15).

Long after that Isshin "met" Misaki and well interested in her or something of the sort. Trying to approach her, he needed a gigai, asking Urahara for help. After getting to know Misaki and all the falling into love process, Isshin is determined to abandon RG for Misaki. Urahara helps yet again by giving him the special gigai that would change him into a human, capable of having a family.

As far as how he obtained his shinigami powers it could be the same as Ichigo. He is a human and yet have shinigami powers yes? Not to mention Isshin is probably more than able to awaken his powers on his own, experienced and an ex-RG.

Well that's my opinion on Isshin, wrong or right we'll just have to wait for Kubo ^^;;
zeeinfinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 12:43   Link #672
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeinfinite View Post
I'm gonna give my opinions here, I just can't help it.

Isshin is probably one of the Royal Guards (taking on various missions which would connect him close to quincies, hence knowing Ryuuken) and he was sent to monitor Karakura Town due to it being the "juureichi" -the point in the Human World that possess the greatest concentration of spiritual beings (I'm not sure about exactly when or how long has Karakura been the juureichi, so correct me if I'm wrong), which would in turn "endanger" the "King".

While on duty, he heard the news about the hollowfication accident and was ordered to search for them in the human world after they ran away from SS. Then he stumbled upon Urahara, who could have tricked Isshin by saying that he's on the same mission issued by Gotei 13 (stated seemingly in their conversations, ch188, pg08-15).

Long after that Isshin "met" Misaki and well interested in her or something of the sort. Trying to approach her, he needed a gigai, asking Urahara for help. After getting to know Misaki and all the falling into love process, Isshin is determined to abandon RG for Misaki. Urahara helps yet again by giving him the special gigai that would change him into a human, capable of having a family.

As far as how he obtained his shinigami powers it could be the same as Ichigo. He is a human and yet have shinigami powers yes? Not to mention Isshin is probably more than able to awaken his powers on his own, experienced and an ex-RG.

Well that's my opinion on Isshin, wrong or right we'll just have to wait for Kubo ^^;;

get the fuck out of my head XD thats the exact Prediction i have for Isshin
Old 2009-12-20, 15:28   Link #673
going_x_crazy

Send a message via AIM to going_x_crazy Send a message via Skype™ to going_x_crazy
Wow, so many great theories here! Well, after reading this whole thread (which took forever) these are my thoughts on the subject.

1] First of all, I really like the idea of Isshin being from the Shiba clan as an uncle or something. It would explain the resemblances between Ichigo, Kaien, and Kūkaku + Isshin and Ganju. Though, even if they don't end up being related I don't believe Ichigo is a reincarnation of Kaien. Mostly because of what happened with Metastacia. Plus I just don't want it to be true

2] Okay, secondly I believe Isshin was from the SS, rather than a human who "gained" or "awakened" his powers like Ichigo did. I'm still not sure if I believe that he was a captain of Gotei 13, though. If he was, it was more likely a LONG time ago, before Yamamoto organized it. Which makes Isshin very, very old But I find it more likely that he is/was a part of the Royal Guards. And perhaps he was even Captain or Lieutenant; explaining his immense power and his uniform.

3] It's easy to believe that Isshin and Ryūken met in medical school. Or maybe earlier on, and they became friends and decided to go to medical school together? Honestly, I don't think it's that important.

4] Now to explain how Urahara and Isshin know each other... that's is much more difficult. One of my theories is that they knew each other from the SS. But I don't know how that would fit with the theory of Isshin being so old, and a part of the Royal Guard. I also think it could be likely that they met after Urahara left the SS (saying that Isshin had been in K-Town for a bit already). Either way, it seems they go a long way back. Urahara seems to be responsible for Isshin being able to surpress his powers (Urahara's special gigai).

5] Now the question on my mind is; Did Isshin give up his powers to be with Matsaki, or was there another reason behind that? Since we've learned that the gigai he likely used has the ability to turn a shinigami like a human, that explains how it would be possible for Isshin and Matsaki to mate. I also think that Ichigo is truely the natural son of Isshin and Matsaki. His orange hair is just a result of ressesive genes and all that stuff I learned about in High School biology...

6] Now, back to Urahara -- I think he knew about Aizen and his plans. Or at least he knew the basics of it. And he was counting on Isshin to help him when the time came. Which makes me believe they had it planned for Ichigo to be trained as a shinigami all this time. That could be why Isshin had been so tough on him all those years; it was just his way of making sure Ichigo's reflexes were up to par

7] Maybe Ichigo meeting Rukia was a fluke. If so, it was a lucky one. But I think Rukia going to K-Town was part of Aizen's plan. Somehow Aizen knew Urahara would hide the hougyoku in her gigai. Obviously, Urahara didn't know this, otherwise he wouldn't have gone along with it. Or at least maybe Urarhara had been counting on Rukia's gigai to fuse with the hougyoku in time, BUT before it could Aizen was one step ahead and he took her back to the SS (he was, after all, responsible for her death sentence). Urahara probably had thought his untraceable gigai as enough to keep Rukia hidden, but he hadn't counted on her trying to go back like she had or that Byakuya and Renji would come after her.

8] NOW, back to Isshin! I really still believe Isshin was (or still IS) a part of the Royal Guards/Squad 0. And as someone in the first half of the thread had suggested, perhaps K-Town is the Key/is where the Key is located, and it is Isshin's responsibility to protect it. Him being a part of the RG would explain his uniform. And his high rank would explain Urahara's expression of respect towards him. I mean, it would be very interesting if he was even a part of the Royal family, but I doubt it very much. Besides, very little is known about Squad 0 (we're still learning all about the 13 other squads). It just feels like both Squad 0 and Isshin are the biggest mysteries. It seems to make the most sense if they would be intertwined.

9] As much as I want Ichigo to know about his dad, I doubt it will be revealed to him for a long time. And perhaps he will even be the very last to figure it out. I just hope we see more of Isshin as a shinigami.

I think that's all I wanted to say. Sorry it's so long... I'd love to know what everyone else thinks of my theories -- agree or disagree, additions or subtraction, blah blah blah and the like.
going_x_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 20:55   Link #674
XLilaX

^ well going x crazy as you can see 35 pages have already been used to discuss at least 7 of ur nine points (I'm pretty sure that Kaien and Ichigo resemble so that Kubo could use this to go indepth of the relationship between Rukia and her VC) and we have picked apart and reincarnated these reasons so its probably best left alone... However something fresh i have just discoverd and no one seems to take into account
The Vaizards escaped from SS so someone is bound to look for them!!!!

I bet Yamamoto probably sent out search parties to look for the Vaizards and Isshin was the Captain in one of these parties....

Now heres the big WHAT IF
What if Isshin found out that Aizen was the bad guy and then confronts Aizen but Aizen kills him dead but hes not really dead and Urahara finds him and then all this drama u guys keep over analysising about gigai.... yeah u could imagine the rest ....
Its still pretty holey but i dont wanna go back to the RG plan again I'm tired of the same things we keep discussing

u know this could make a pretty good fanfic..... I'm just sayin

Last edited by XLilaX; 2009-12-20 at 21:04. Reason: and another thing
XLilaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 05:05   Link #675
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I'm still not sure if I believe that he was a captain of Gotei 13, though. If he was, it was more likely a LONG time ago, before Yamamoto organized it.
I came up with a theory before reading this post, but to elaborate: Isshin is part of the original shinigamis of many millenia ago, he had his own academy but lost to Yamamoto, so he had to shut it down so that Yamamoto's academy could be created. Ever since then he had been living in the outskirts, gathering data, and met Urahara during his escape with Yoruichi to the human world, and decided to join them for whatever reason (hogyoku business, checking out the human world, whatever).
Old 2009-12-21, 09:28   Link #676
XLilaX

^ Maybe not Isshin himself lost to Yamamoto but probably his master or something cuz from the way Isshin looks he cud be the same age as Kyoraku and ... uh ... whitey-chan (I keep forgetting his name)
Old 2009-12-21, 11:02   Link #677
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
none of the capts have seen Isshin yet. so hard to tell when he left.
Old 2009-12-21, 11:58   Link #678
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's why I'm saying he wasn't even there in the first place. Yamamoto is known for keeping secrets and black spots of history from everyone else (see any filler/movie) so why not make Isshin a character not tied to the Gotei 13 or even the king, but a totally independent shinigami with his own story?
Old 2009-12-21, 18:26   Link #679
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLilaX View Post
^ Maybe not Isshin himself lost to Yamamoto but probably his master or something cuz from the way Isshin looks he cud be the same age as Kyoraku and ... uh ... whitey-chan (I keep forgetting his name)
you mean ukitake.
i'm pretty sure whitey-chan is hinamori's nickname for hitsugaya >.>
Old 2009-12-22, 10:40   Link #680
XLilaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
you mean ukitake.
i'm pretty sure whitey-chan is hinamori's nickname for hitsugaya >.>
YES!!! Thankyou !!! You know how much it was bothering me that I could not for the life of me remember his name!!!

Otherwise the search for Isshins identity has me stumped and the manga moves so slow!!! Its like three words per chapter!!!!!!

I'm gonna go play with my dog....