AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-10-29, 15:30   Link #1
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Slowest Mobile Weapon

Basically a polar opposite of the Fastest Mobile Suit thread, I want to see what would be the SLOWEST of them all. (obviously time and technology DOES matter in most cases, but I'm completely disregarding that factor, lol)

So far, among them in a short list (in order), I have found...

MSM-03-1 Prototype Gogg (0.05 G)
FA-100S Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai (presumed 0.14 G)
MS-13 Gasshia ( 0.37 G)
MSN-02 Perfect Zeong (0.44 G)
MS-12 Gigan (0.47 G)
MS-06K Zaku Cannon (0.49 G)
MSM-04G Juagg (0.49 G)
MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom (0.53 G)
MS-07B Gouf (0.54 G)
MS-06F Zaku II (0.59 G)
MS-05B Zaku I (0.63 G)
MSM-02 Aqua Experiment Type (0.64 G)
MSM-04N Agguguy (0.64 G)
FA-78-1 Full Armor Type Gundam (0.65 G)
MS-04 Prototype Zaku (0.65 G)
MS-06J Zaku II (0.65 G)
MS-07H Gouf Flight Test Type (0.66 G)
MS-09R Rick Dom (0.67 G)
MS-14F Gelgoog Marine (0.68 G)
MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type (0.69 G)

....feel free to add to the, I'm sure to be, extensive list =)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 16:07   Link #2
megakim
For a blue and pure world

What about Psycho and Destroy?
megakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 17:27   Link #3
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
FA-100S Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai (presumed 0.14 G)
That's just silly, it would have to be insanely heavy and keep the same thruster loadout as the Kai with 1.47. That number has to be wrong.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 18:18   Link #4
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Lmao you forget the Mobile Ball?
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 19:24   Link #5
T.V.

LMAO!

If those acceleration figures are anywhere near accurate, the MSs would move akin to a human in Bullet time.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 00:26   Link #6
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, obviously not much is said about the FA-100S Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai except for...

(from MAHQ)

"However, the thruster output is not strengthened enough in order to compensate for the increase in weight and mobility"

...the Psyco Gundam is only really slow in its Mobile Suit mode (0.43 G), but Mobile Fortress mode is pretty good (1.72 G) and Psyco Gundam Mark II is better in both areas (for its size, 0.86 G in MS mode and 1.99 G in MF mode).

The Destroy Gundam has no known acceleration stats, though...but I would presume that, based on their anime movements and such, they'd be pretty slow...a little better than the MA-08 Big Zam (0.30 G), but not by a lot.
Old 2006-10-30, 00:51   Link #7
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Well, obviously not much is said about the FA-100S Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai except for...

(from MAHQ)

"However, the thruster output is not strengthened enough in order to compensate for the increase in weight and mobility"
This may be a very good reason why it never got fielded. We should keep in mind that a lot of these machines are either technology demonstrators or quasi-prototypes. These categories of machines are often extremely flawed, and they generally were never meant to be used in actual combat. In the real world, production war machines are generally vastly superior.

Quote:
The Destroy Gundam has no known acceleration stats, though...but I would presume that, based on their anime movements and such, they'd be pretty slow...a little better than the MA-08 Big Zam (0.30 G), but not by a lot.
That's not necessarily a good assumption. The animation of a mobile suit can only ever give us a lower limit. The maximum acceleration may be vastly higher. Also, Cosmic Era 73 machines tend to have vastly superior performance compared to the UC 0079 ones, and any analogy should take this into account.

Finally, acceleration can be an extremely difficult figure to estimate based on looking at a machine's movement. The Big Zam's 0.3g acceleration seems slow, but it actually translates to 10.6 kph/s (equivalent to 6.58 mph/s). In other words, if the Big Zam were a car it would be able to go 0-60 mph in just under 9 seconds. The very fact that Destroy can hover means that it can output at least 1g of acceleration.
Old 2006-10-30, 06:32   Link #8
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
The Hyaku Shiki Kai Full Armor weighs like 15 metric tons more than the Hyaku Shiki Kai, and I don't see any acceleration figure for it anywhere.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 22:16   Link #9
sanghyun1990
상현

Devil Gundam the colony version maybe?
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 00:31   Link #10
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

That's pretty much a given since it's pretty much just a big rock base, lol.
Old 2006-11-05, 09:28   Link #11
Axis
Yuusha-Oh

Send a message via MSN to Axis Send a message via Yahoo to Axis
You forgot the Xamel. That thing does move, right? Ball WAS slow. Hell, the backwards charge from firing it's cannons gets you around faster than using it's booster. (If you've played E.F.S.F V.S Zeon and Gundam V.S Zeta Gundam you'd know what I mean. Same goes to the Big Zam.)

That version of the Devil Gundam probably wouldn't count because it didn't show any signs that it was capable of moving.

Oh, and the Dom would probably fit into the category, if it weren't for that hover sytem thing now, would it?
Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 10:09   Link #12
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Don't underestimate Xamel, it is much faster than some mecha like the Guntank series or something

And the Dom were build that way, you can't take that off of them. They were build to be fast on the ground. It's like saying Freedom wouldn't perform that good if it couldn't fly or didn't have HiMAT
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 15:52   Link #13
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

The Xamel is definitely much faster than its size would lead you to believe...it is actually quite a fast-moving Mobile Suit.

maximum thruster acceleration 0.51 G; ground hovering speed 220 km/h

Considering a Dom hovers at 240 km/h and the Dom Tropen at 360 km/h, it's rather close to a normal Dom, making it rather fast (at least hovering)
Old 2006-11-05, 16:30   Link #14
4Tran

Quote:
The Xamel is definitely much faster than its size would lead you to believe...it is actually quite a fast-moving Mobile Suit.

maximum thruster acceleration 0.51 G; ground hovering speed 220 km/h

Considering a Dom hovers at 240 km/h and the Dom Tropen at 360 km/h, it's rather close to a normal Dom, making it rather fast (at least hovering)
You're sort of confusing acceleration and top speed. In space, for practical purposes, there's no such thing as a top speed, so the only thing that matters is acceleration. On earth, most of the units listed don't fly, so their actual acceleration figures don't mean very much.

Thus, as a ground vehicle, the Xamel is fast, but it would still be considered "slow" for space operations.
Old 2006-11-05, 18:56   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
But the Xamel wasn't designed to be a space-use MS, right? So since it was never designed to be used in space at all, how well it would function in space is pretty moot, isn't it?
Old 2006-11-05, 22:30   Link #16
4Tran

Technically speaking, that's true. However, as a practical measure, mobile suits do get assigned to environments they weren't designed for. The Zaku II is the most obvious example. In addition, if the Xamel was incapable of operating in space, it's acceleration spec is pretty much meaningless.
Old 2006-11-06, 01:12   Link #17
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

I guess the closest example of this would be the few times the Guntank was sent out into space, even though it really wasn't meant for space-use at all...it'd obviously need quite a bit of cover since it'd be a pretty slow-moving target otherwise.
Old 2006-11-06, 15:20   Link #18
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Actually, the Gouf and Gouf Custom were ground-suits that didn't get assigned to space. They weren't at all designed for it, and would have been useless in space combat because of their inability to perform sufficiently in space. The Xamel is the same. If they were to be used in space in any way, they'd be rediesigned for space combat like the Dom -> Rick Dom conversion.

But the Xamel was obviously not designed for space, nor was its propulsion idea meant to be compared to space suits. The Dom is one example. The normal Dom is a ground-use suit, and is not meant for space combat at all. The Rick Dom, while being mostly the same suit, is redesigned for space-use, with its hover jets replaced with thrusters. The Xamel only has hover jets and was never designed with space-use propulsion, so it's not at all fair to compare it in a space environment. The Guntank had thrusters, but was never meant to be a high-mobility or even decent-mobility unit in the first place, on ground or in space.

Whew, my longest post in a while. lol