AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-01, 19:53   Link #341
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Post this in Q&A thread or something. This thread has already got enough random questions.
ouch i just looked at the thread title o_O mistook this for an episode thread. sorry for the inconvenience
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 07:20   Link #342
Vorhamus
I N C O N C I E V A B L E
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Behind you
I liike, got two threads that could be made:

- Zero's Chess Board;
concerns on discussing Zero's possible plans or to either talk about what are his 'chess pieces', in example, Zero is the King, etc, etc... Maybe a silly thread, but would be totally worth my while maan.

- Ten Things You Never Expected;
Simple. All people tell 10 things they didn't expect in Code Geass, and a discussion through these unexpectable things. Maybe also silly.
Vorhamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 21:25   Link #343
Poorboy93
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
A Code Geass Contradiction Discussion Thread
- Talk about what geass Is made of Contradictions
For ex: Charles Geass. Ninas Character being the Oppisite Of the person she admired. Geass Itself. Lulu's life, Suzaku's Life I can go one for days
Poorboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 18:40   Link #344
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorhamus View Post
I liike, got two threads that could be made:

- Zero's Chess Board;
concerns on discussing Zero's possible plans or to either talk about what are his 'chess pieces', in example, Zero is the King, etc, etc...
Games and Symbolism in Code Geass exists.
Quote:
- Ten Things You Never Expected;
Simple. All people tell 10 things they didn't expect in Code Geass, and a discussion through these unexpectable things. Maybe also silly.
Not really big into lists since normally discussion isnt generated plus Favorite Scenes from Code Geass already exists so you could elaborate on what scenes you liked/didnt expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboy93
A Code Geass Contradiction Discussion Thread
- Talk about what geass Is made of Contradictions
For ex: Charles Geass. Ninas Character being the Oppisite Of the person she admired. Geass Itself. Lulu's life, Suzaku's Life I can go one for days
Hmmm sounds like alot of that could be resevered for Character Threads or the Speculation Thread.
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 01:28   Link #345
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Introduce Foreign Elements into the CG World Thread
-If you'll look at the Character Discussion-Lelouch Thread, we've started somewhat of an interesting conversation about what if the Joker from Dark Knight entered the CG world.
-Of course this thread won't be about JUST that. In this thread, people can introduce any foreign material, be it characters or concepts from other ficitional work or even real life people, events, or concepts.
-For example what if George Bush was part of the CG world? What if Light Yagami/Kira was there? How about mobile suit models from Gundam? Perhaps the A-bomb as opposed to the Freya?
-Also, the thread wouldn't have to limited actuall introducing these elements into the CG world, but rather one could simply compare the two: the Joker compared to Charles, Light Yagami compared to Lelouch, Lacus Clyne compared to Euphemia, etc.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 01:32   Link #346
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Episode 18 Thread?
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 01:42   Link #347
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
If the ep 18 thread for Macross Frontier was any indication, the mods have decided to open them a few hours after the episode has aired, for whatever reason.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 01:48   Link #348
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
If the ep 18 thread for Macross Frontier was any indication, the mods have decided to open them a few hours after the episode has aired, for whatever reason.
Or, you know, they could just be busy.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 01:57   Link #349
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Or, you know, they could just be busy.
Two times in a row? One time is a coincidence, two times it´s a policy change.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:00   Link #350
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Two times in a row? One time is a coincidence, two times it´s a policy change.
Mods have lives too, you know. They're not around to moderate us 24/7.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:10   Link #351
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Mods have lives too, you know. They're not around to moderate us 24/7.
So far the threads for new episodes have been created far in advance of the actual episode airing. We´ll see when the thread for ep 18 will actually be created, but if again it comes up only a few hours after the episode, I suspect that the mods decided that as a new policy.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:32   Link #352
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Concerning the episode thread creation schedule, it actually depends of circumstances.
Ironically speaking, for Macross Fronter, the mods in charge of it were too busy and the commotion was already bigger than usual.
As for Code Geass, it became a new policy: half of the season was enough to conclude that the usual "ahead of time" procedure was nothing positive considering how it usually stirs a ugly amount of offtopic etc.

Henceforth, Code Geass threads are posted within 1 hour range of their broadcasting time (either before or after it has been aired). So you don't need to worry about about.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:33   Link #353
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Concerning the episode thread creation schedule, it actually depends of circumstances.
Ironically speaking, for Macross Fronter, the mods in charge of it were too busy and the commotion was already bigger than usual.
As for Code Geass, it became a new policy: half of the season was enough to conclude that the usual "ahead of time" procedure was nothing positive considering how it usually stirs a ugly amount of offtopic etc.

Henceforth, Code Geass threads are posted within 1 hour range of their broadcasting time (either before or after it has been aired). So you don't need to worry about about.
Isn't it already within one hour?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:34   Link #354
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Concerning the episode thread creation schedule, it actually depends of circumstances.
Ironically speaking, for Macross Fronter, the mods in charge of it were too busy and the commotion was already bigger than usual.
As for Code Geass, it became a new policy: half of the season was enough to conclude that the usual "ahead of time" procedure was nothing positive considering how it usually stirs a ugly amount of offtopic etc.

Henceforth, Code Geass threads are posted within 1 hour range of their broadcasting time (either before or after it has been aired). So you don't need to worry about about.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. If it counts for anything, I´d love to have the early Macross threads back, though. We are a pretty reasonable group over there.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:35   Link #355
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Yes, but he never said when within the hour. The closer to the actual air time, the better. It keeps the off-topicness down.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:43   Link #356
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Ah, thanks for the clarification. If it counts for anything, I´d love to have the early Macross threads back, though. We are a pretty reasonable group over there.
As I implied, the circumstances for Macross Frontier were unrelated to CG: these were just a coincidence, and it should be back to normal anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Yes, but he never said when within the hour. The closer to the actual air time, the better. It keeps the off-topicness down.
And yes, I said within an hour, and it would be better to create it as close as possible to the air date, though I would rather prefer "after" it airs, because I can imagine that some people won't resist to talk about that "specific method" to watch raws that early.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:45   Link #357
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As I implied, the circumstances for Macross Frontier were unrelated to CG: these were just a coincidence, and it should be back to normal anyway.

And yes, I said within an hour, and it would be better to create it as close as possible to the air date, though I would rather prefer "after" it airs, because I can imagine that some people won't resist to talk about that "specific method" to watch raws that early.
Huh? Is watching live feeds against the forum rules or somesuch? Consider me ignorant on the topic.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:48   Link #358
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
No, it isn't anything problematic per se. The problem is that people usually goes overboard, and if that "method" begins to have hiccup, they might begin to rave around and "name it", which is what we would wish not to see on our boards (as it would give away how the raw is gathered by these persons).
This happened a lot in the past, and I had to clean up things like "gaaah ******* doesn't work! what channel" or whatever. So it is just a matter of precaution, but I guess it won't hurt much if the offtopic of the "pre airing" isn't present.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 02:54   Link #359
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No, it isn't anything problematic per se. The problem is that people usually goes overboard, and if that "method" begins to have hiccup, they might begin to rave around and "name it", which is what we would wish not to see on our boards (as it would give away how the raw is gathered by these persons).
This happened a lot in the past, and I had to clean up things like "gaaah ******* doesn't work! what channel" or whatever. So it is just a matter of precaution, but I guess it won't hurt much if the offtopic of the "pre airing" isn't present.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the information.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 16:52   Link #360
Poorboy93
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
A thread to discuss Sound Drama
Poorboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.