AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-03, 16:28   Link #2401
Kittenlady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: UK
Age: 21
No, that's a scar from when the nun killed her the first time she died. It's got jagged edges, while the mark on her forehead is smooth, like the one on V.V. and Charles' hands.

Or she has two marks. Whetever I guess.



As for the other question, I think it was just the royal family, and likely a few nobles as support and all that I guess, considering they managed to take America over. I'm fairly sure it wasn't the entire population, though logically I'm sure at least some fled as well.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 01:23   Link #2402
paulamae
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
is lelouch gain the immortality of c.c?
paulamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 01:28   Link #2403
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulamae View Post
is lelouch gain the immortality of c.c?
Not in the slightest.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 17:36   Link #2404
Chupps
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
How do (immortal) Geass users regain body parts if they're removed?

Spoiler:
I thought it must act similar to the way C.C appeared before Suzaku in stage 22. I can't imagine that separated limbs would walk and rejoin. Also, regenerating might be all well a good with flesh wounds, but it'd be quite crude if they were fully divided (if Moa had finished his chainsaw plan). And it'd prolly work from the head or the Geass mark (where the body would regenerate to).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
No. He didn't. He died. Immortals don't die. When a person dies an immortal can't pass on the code even if they wanted to. Immortals have to do it when the geass user is alive.

Lelouch vi Britannia, 11th Prince of the Holy Britannia Empire and 17th in line for the Imperial Throne.... is quite dead.

C.C. lived through it all. Immortals die when they pass on the code. C.C. didn't die.
Does that not include Charles' code?
It hasn't been stated that Lelouch took Charles' code, but the latter has also not been stated. The entire process of code transfer is pretty hazy at best but what's apparent is the lack of consent. The conclusion is what you want it to be, until it's officially resolved it's a... wasted effort of analysis.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 18:13   Link #2405
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
Does that not include Charles' code?
It hasn't been stated that Lelouch took Charles' code, but the latter has also not been stated. The entire process of code transfer is pretty hazy at best but what's apparent is the lack of consent. The conclusion is what you want it to be, until it's officially resolved it's a... wasted effort of analysis.
Doesn't matter that they didn't state whether or not he took his Code. Lelouch is dead, which means he is not immortal--he is dead. Therefore, no immortality, no taking of the Code.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 18:26   Link #2406
Chupps
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Doesn't matter that they didn't state whether or not he took his Code. Lelouch is dead, which means he is not immortal--he is dead. Therefore, no immortality, no taking of the Code.
The fact that they made no reference to what happened to Charles' code is actually all that matters regarding Lelouch being dead or alive. The hazy nature in which they shrouded the Geass code transference issue is the reason there's no clear conclusion. Lelouch having died does not have anything to do with him not being immortal. It is illustrated twice in the series, im unsure if it's stated, that a Geass user who obtains the code of an immortal must die before immortality is gained and the use of Geass revoked. The first is when C.C gained immortality; the wound she carries on her chest was from where she was first killed. Second when Charles shot and killed himself under Lelouch's Geass order.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 18:31   Link #2407
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
The fact that they made no reference to what happened to Charles' code is actually all that matters regarding Lelouch being dead or alive. The hazy nature in which they shrouded the Geass code transference issue is the reason there's no clear conclusion. Lelouch having died does not have anything to do with him not being immortal. It is illustrated twice in the series, im unsure if it's stated, that a Geass user who obtains the code of an immortal must die before immortality is gained and the use of Geass revoked. The first is when C.C gained immortality; the wound she carries on her chest was from where she was first killed. Second when Charles shot and killed himself under Lelouch's Geass order.
Except this is not true, it has never been stated to work that way--that is a common belief held by those who do not believe he died, often through a reworking of the equally untrue Cowboy Bebop theory. Charles shot himself not because he was under the influence, he shot himself to screw with Lelouch's head and drive in the point that Lelouch could not stop him.

Lelouch is dead AND UNTIL WORD OF GOD STATES OTHERWISE, he will remain dead. This is not open to debate--this is not a debate thread, and thus will not be continued here. This is a question and answer thread, and the question has been summarily answered.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 18:39   Link #2408
Chupps
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Except this is not true, it has never been stated to work that way--that is a common belief held by those who do not believe he died, often through a reworking of the equally untrue Cowboy Bebop theory. Charles shot himself not because he was under the influence, he shot himself to screw with Lelouch's head and drive in the point that Lelouch could not stop him.

Lelouch is dead AND UNTIL WORD OF GOD STATES OTHERWISE, he will remain dead. This is not open to debate--this is not a debate thread, and thus will not be continued here. This is a question and answer thread, and the question has been summarily answered.
For the record, I don't campaign to Lelouch being alive. I stay neutral and lay the facts of uncertainty out while contesting misguided viewpoints that lead to false conclusions in both poles. However, you're correct in your last statement, so i won't persist. But you are wrong in your reasoning & logic.

Question: Where can i discuss Lelouch being alive or dead? I wish to hear more opinions, and perhaps be enlightened as well as enlighten others.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 18:43   Link #2409
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
For the record, I don't campaign to Lelouch being alive. I stay neutral and lay the facts of uncertainty out while contesting misguided viewpoints that lead to false conclusions in both poles. However, you're correct in your last statement, so i won't persist. But you are wrong in your reasoning & logic.

Question: Where can i discuss Lelouch being alive or dead? I wish to hear more opinions, and perhaps be enlightened as well as enlighten others.
Lelouch character discussion thread or the general discussion thread.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 18:50   Link #2410
Chupps
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Age: 22
Thanks. ^_^
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 13:37   Link #2411
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quick question about the thousand zeroes scene.

Nunnally's handler was of the "gas them all and call it a day" persuasion, right? I seem to remember that she got upset when the others hesitated to do so, but I don't feel like trying to look through the episodes to find the scene again.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 13:56   Link #2412
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Yeah I got bored and stayed away for awhile. I wish this forum was more open.

Also, perhaps you could refresh my memory...did Nina outright blame Milly for not coming to her rescue during the hostage situation?
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 14:35   Link #2413
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
No I don't mean blamed her for it, I mean I seem to recall her ranting at her during the whole "Oddesyus marries the chinese girl" thing about how she didn't do anything during the crisis.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 15:16   Link #2414
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
No. She accused her of being a phony only concerned with status, owing to the engagement with Lloyd, in contrast to Euphie, who during the incident risked her own life for the rest of the hostages in spite of her royal lineage.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 15:25   Link #2415
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Oh, that must have been where I got the idea from. Thanks.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 15:36   Link #2416
Chupps
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Age: 22
In the one million Zero's ep Nunnally's handler would rather have gunned down all those innocent Japanese than let Zero escape. She indeed did get upset & aimed to be the first to shoot when she saw no1 taking action. Suzaku intervened to stop another massacre.

With regards to your Nina question. She seemed to just reject Milly's attempt at sympathy (a shoulder to cry on). I think she mentioned Euphie being the one who was there for her to kinda say 'I didn't need you then, i don't need you now'. And then followed up by saying how she thought Milly just hides behind her family name & role as 'Pres'. I dunno, I'm not a Nina fan, I actually hate her character so I wouldn't be the best to give insight into what she thinks.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 15:52   Link #2417
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Well, objectively it was a rather pot kettle black situation, since Nina had been a slave to her hatred of the Japanese, and had put Euphie up on a pedestal while turning her nose up at Milly. Thankfully she learned her lesson there after her part in the destruction of the Tokyo settlement, when she hid under Milly's protection.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 22:35   Link #2418
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Indeed. Yet, I wonder on what Nina's initial reaction had been when she later discovered that it was Lelouch that killed Euphemia and how much persuasion was needed to coerce complete compliance without subtly sabotaging the anti-FLEIA javelin during the rush in construction.

BTW, since Lelouch could certainly pass off well as a female version of himself when cross-dressing, I wonder if he could actually rival GGXX's Bridget in putting up an elaborate and genuine display of appearance and character.
__________________


ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 09:02   Link #2419
TimelessEcholocation
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Too bad there was no "dropping a Bridget" during the series. That could certainly be useful for espionage on some degree.

Was Naoto only shown in pictures in the series?
__________________
Showdown!
TimelessEcholocation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 12:54   Link #2420
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
Indeed. Yet, I wonder on what Nina's initial reaction had been when she later discovered that it was Lelouch that killed Euphemia and how much persuasion was needed to coerce complete compliance without subtly sabotaging the anti-FLEIA javelin during the rush in construction.
Unless I'm wrong, Schneizel was aiming FLEIJAs at the ship Nina was on.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.