AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-22, 13:33   Link #341
Meatrose
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Area 11
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyalkun View Post
does Lulu come up with name, Geass? or does someone tell him that his power has that name. because i specifically remember that in ep 1., C.C. refers to the power as the Power of the King and not Geass? I realize that Lulu calls his power Geass for like the whole show, but where does the name originate?
I don't know who told Lelouch about the name Geass, but it would be really weird if it wasn't C.C. since V.V. obviously referred to it as Geass when he told Suzaku about it.
__________________
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 13:50   Link #342
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I assume either C.C. mentioned the name to him or he somehow simply understood it through the contract.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 13:53   Link #343
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I assume either C.C. mentioned the name to him or he somehow simply understood it through the contract.
I agree with the fact that C.C told him. I mean he knew the Geass's power of mind control, and we didn't see C.C telling him, it was probably explained to him, and wasn't shown because of time constraints.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:13   Link #344
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Well, when did he first refer to it as geass? Was it at any point before C.C. showed up at his home?
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:13   Link #345
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I thought he got the name through mythology, and CC got it from him. And then communicated it to VV.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:18   Link #346
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I thought he got the name through mythology, and CC got it from him. And then communicated it to VV.
uhhhhhhh...I don't think so. Mao refered to it as the Geass too.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:29   Link #347
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Before or after meeting Lelouch? He can read thoughts.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:30   Link #348
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Yeah, so I think that is jsut the general term for it. Since geass is a celtic term, could it have come into existence around the time the Britannian Empire came into existence?

Also, how much of the world is controlled by Britannia? I think there was some map at the start of the show that presented it, but I can't remember.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:39   Link #349
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Yeah, so I think that is jsut the general term for it. Since geass is a celtic term, could it have come into existence around the time the Britannian Empire came into existence?

Also, how much of the world is controlled by Britannia? I think there was some map at the start of the show that presented it, but I can't remember.
A bit more than 1/3 of the world is controlled by Brittannia. it includes all of North America, most of Europe, and various other minor settlements like Japan.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:46   Link #350
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Is Russia included in that or is it part of the European group? I suppose that would make China the second biggest power in the world then?
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 15:49   Link #351
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Is Russia included in that or is it part of the European group? I suppose that would make China the second biggest power in the world then?
No Russia isn't included.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 18:33   Link #352
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
A bit more than 1/3 of the world is controlled by Brittannia. it includes all of North America, most of Europe, and various other minor settlements like Japan.
Cross Europe off that list. The expanded universe goes in to tell how the Britons were kicked off the European continent altogether.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 18:52   Link #353
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
The European powers haven't really been given a lot of detail with China getting a lot of attention. I assume it means they aren't very powerful, but I'm sure they will probably join the Black Knights. Same with China.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 21:53   Link #354
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, when did he first refer to it as geass? Was it at any point before C.C. showed up at his home?
I think he first mentioned it in Ep5. On the roof after C.C. sees the girl carving the wall.
--
Lelouch: I used Geass on her so she would carve on this wall every day.
C.C.: Geass?
Lelouch: It's this power. That's what I heard during the contract.
C.C.: Hmm... (no comment)
--
I remember this scene quite well because it's surprising. C.C. acts like she's never hear of the word "Geass" before.
She didn't say "Geass" until after this scene. The word she used was "power", both in Ep1 and Ep5. When she pop up in Lelouch's house, she said "do you like the power I gave you".

Mao said "Geass" after reading Lelouch's mind. He would know how Lelouch calls it when he read Lelouch's mind to learn the limits of his Geass.

In the NDS game, the original character calls his power "Bless". (However, that kid's already gone bonkers and thinks he's a god. So might as well take his words with a grain of salt.)
And V.V., when explaining what happened to Euphie and offering the contract to Cornelia, also referred to it as "power".

I'm under the impression that it's a power with no specific name. Lelouch calls it Geass so the people around him say Geass as well. Maybe sort of like how "Gundam" started. Amuro calls it "GUNDAM" by its abbrevations, then everyone starts to call it "Gundam".

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-01-22 at 22:39.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 22:05   Link #355
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Really? I had forgotten that scene.

Maybe there is some sort of meaning as to why several people have different names for it. Given the fact that Lelouch is descended from a people that originated from a celtic king, perhaps it's cultural. Maybe every culture in the world has some name for this ability, hence why there are areas like the one on the island in several places around the world.

It would be surprising if the Emperor was trying to bring about some sort of Golden Age using this thought elevator, hence him asking if the legend was beginnng again. Though given the kind of man he is, I would think this Golden Age would only be for the worthy.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 22:45   Link #356
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
I think he first mentioned it in Ep5. On the roof after C.C. sees the girl carving the wall.
--
Lelouch: I used Geass on her so she would carve on this wall every day.
C.C.: Geass?
Lelouch: It's this power. That's what I heard during the contract.
C.C.: Hmm... (no comment)
--
I remember this scene quite well because it's surprising. C.C. acts like she's never hear of the word "Geass" before.
She didn't say "Geass" until after this scene. The word she used was "power", both in Ep1 and Ep5. When she pop up in Lelouch's house, she said "do you like the power I gave you".

Mao said "Geass" after reading Lelouch's mind. He would know how Lelouch calls it when he read Lelouch's mind to learn the limits of his Geass.

In the NDS game, the original character calls his power "Bless". (However, that kid's already gone bonkers and thinks he's a god. So might as well take his words with a grain of salt.) And V.V., when explaining what happened to Euphie and offering the contract to Cornelia, also referred to it as "power".

I'm under the impression that it's a power with no specific name. Lelouch calls it Geass so the people around him say Geass as well. Maybe sort of like how "Gundam" started. Amuro calls it "GUNDAM" by its abbrevations, then everyone starts to call it "Gundam".
If he heard it while making the contract, and C.C didn't say it to him then who did, I don't think Lelouch was just imagining hearing it, so was there someone else in that mind realm thingy while he was making the contract with C.C

Well that's a reason, plus the NDS game isn't canon

wait wait what V.V explained what happened with Euphie to Cornelia, and offered a contract with her... when did that happen
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 22:48   Link #357
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
The part with Cornelia was in the game too.

And certain parts of the game might be considered canon, like the one scene with Marianne or how we saw both sides of the conversations in the World of C.

I really hope they release that game in the U.S. All the alternate scenarios seem very interesting.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 23:53   Link #358
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
If he heard it while making the contract, and C.C didn't say it to him then who did, I don't think Lelouch was just imagining hearing it, so was there someone else in that mind realm thingy while he was making the contract with C.C.
C.C. definately is not the one who said anything about "Geass", or she wouldn't be surprised when Lelouch says the word.
And if she's the one who said it, Lelouch would say, "that's what you told me like 3 days ago. You got amnesia or something?" instead of explaining to her, "that's the name of this power. I heard it during the contract."

Obviously "someone else" was talking to him during the contract, besides C.C.

We didn't see (or hear) everything happened during the contract. Another example is Lelouch automatically knows what his power is and the basic way to use it.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-01-23 at 00:39.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 07:16   Link #359
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I'll go with that he already knew how to use the power throught the contract or something to that effect.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 12:45   Link #360
fallin up
my life is a harem
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: around
Age: 23
Kallen question

why was Kallen, so upset about finding out that Zero was Lelouch at the end of ep. 25? I mean didnt she already kind of know? and why was she so upset about Lelouch taking advantage of Japanese people if Zero had already announced in the first place that he was Britannian?
fallin up is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.