AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Old 2008-11-22, 19:45   Link #121
NyxOne

Somehow I feel it unnecessary to ask how gleeful you felt when Lelouch was a heartbeat away from detonating Rolo's Vincent in Turn 14, but I'll ask anyway.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 19:59   Link #122
Bloodseeker

What gave you that idea? I wouldn't be talking about how his death was handled if I just watched episode 13.

I followed it as it was subbed.

You fangirls were talking about how Rolo needed to show up and live, so I thought that I'd pitch in and mention what a petty little bastard he is.

He and Nina are my least favorite CG characters. Ugh, I hate that they redeemed both of them. I wanted them to die as the little shits that they were. That's one of the many things that left a bad taste in my mouth regarding R2. (they should have killed off those useless Black Knight side characters (fuck Suzaku for showing them mercy after killing Monica), kept Nunally dead, spared Monica and given her more than just some background role, and given Bismark a death worthy of his badassery)

Also, I didn't feel gleeful at all. I would have felt gleeful if he had actually succeeded, but I didn't think that he would. I knew that he was going to die a heroic death. :/
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 20:04   Link #123
NyxOne

I don't see what good keeping Monica around would have done. She would have been useless.

And Nunnally was better off alive, because, personally, the series would have been anti-climactic if it just ended with Lelouch killing Schneizel.

And Nina deserved redemption. Besides, Suzaku pulled the trigger.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:06   Link #124
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Oh. I didn't say he should live. In my opinion, his death is inevitable in both manga.

O.O Wow...I thought I was obsessed with characters dying.

You don't hate Charles?

D= I spoiled Shirley's death for myself. Same with Euphie's, I did by accident and Rolo's on purpose

I'm not a Rolo fangirl. I'm a Lelouch fangirl and I'm not one to pick a fight with.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 20:20   Link #125
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
I don't see what good keeping Monica around would have done. She would have been useless.

And Nunnally was better off alive, because, personally, the series would have been anti-climactic if it just ended with Lelouch killing Schneizel.

And Nina deserved redemption. Besides, Suzaku pulled the trigger.
Useless side characters in Code Geass? No way.

Monica was at least good eye-candy, better than any of the main girls not named CC. I was hoping that she would actually do something throughout the entire series, but they never even gave her a personality. ;_;

(the valkyrie squad too; fucking writers, sticking great character designs on cannon fodder)

It was bad because the offhanded deaths of her, Dorothea, and Bismark ruined the KotR's credibility as an elite combat group, too, and they had been building that up throughout the entire series. Terrible writing.

Nunally was a useless brat. Having her die like that and stay dead would have been a satisfying death for once.

Nina was an irritating bitch and an eyesore. Even if she "deserved redemption", I hated her because she was annoying. I wanted her to die, not be redeemed. That's a wasted potential moment of awesome down the drain.

Quote:
Besides, Suzaku pulled the trigger.
This quote tells me that your logic is broken.

Suzaku didn't have control over his body. He couldn't resist. I hate Suzaku, but blaming him for that is dumb.

Its beside the point as to why I hate Nina, anyways.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:23   Link #126
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
Oh. I didn't say he should live. In my opinion, his death is inevitable in both manga.

O.O Wow...I thought I was obsessed with characters dying.

You don't hate Charles?

D= I spoiled Shirley's death for myself. Same with Euphie's, I did by accident and Rolo's on purpose

I'm not a Rolo fangirl. I'm a Lelouch fangirl and I'm not one to pick a fight with.
I don't really care about Charles one way or another...

Marianne is great, though.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:24   Link #127
NyxOne

Well, you try standing up to a 9th-gen in a Sutherland. Dorothea and Monica couldn't escape death. Neither could the Valkyries, because they were in the way of a certain red wrecking ball.

And the elite can be beat. Heh, rhyme, but that's beside the point. Clearly Okouchi and Taniguchi didn't want to waste time on the other Rounds 'cept Bismarck, so they dealt with them.

And Suzaku, though not having control, still blamed himself, in part, for what he did.

Plus, Madzaku.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:42   Link #128
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

He has every reason to blame himself. He was the one conned into carrying the thing in the first place, twice no less.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:49   Link #129
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

I don't like Marianne either. But I don't hate her really.

XD I LOVE THE BLAME GAME!!

IT'S ALL KALLEN'S/KALLEN'S RESISTANCE GROUP'S FAULT!!!

( -> = results in )
Group steals C.C. -> Lelouch getting Geass -> Zero/OotBK -> Lulu using Geass on Suzaku -> Suzaku "Lives on" -> Suzaku Forcefully fires F.L.E.I.J.A. -> Lots of people die -> Nina realizing her wrong doings -> Nina's redemption

XD Think about that when your going to blame a character for somethimg that has to do with Lulu

And I'm not saying I didn't like R2. I loved it <3

Yeah, there's that too...
Old 2008-11-23, 00:29   Link #130
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
I don't like Marianne either. But I don't hate her really.

XD I LOVE THE BLAME GAME!!

IT'S ALL KALLEN'S/KALLEN'S RESISTANCE GROUP'S FAULT!!!

( -> = results in )
Group steals C.C. -> Lelouch getting Geass -> Zero/OotBK -> Lulu using Geass on Suzaku -> Suzaku "Lives on" -> Suzaku Forcefully fires F.L.E.I.J.A. -> Lots of people die -> Nina realizing her wrong doings -> Nina's redemption

XD Think about that when your going to blame a character for somethimg that has to do with Lulu

And I'm not saying I didn't like R2. I loved it <3

Yeah, there's that too...
OMG Lelouch without a Geass is like....Jeremiah without his Orange. o.O It's all V.V.s FAULT I TELL YOU!! V.V's!!!!!?!?!?!?

Funny thing in the manga.
Spoiler for Why is Zero walking?:

Last edited by Spring_sakura111; 2008-11-23 at 01:57.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 06:04   Link #131
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Why do you think?

Because he's a petty piece of garbage that killed Shirley for no reason other than that he wanted Lelouch to himself.

He didn't deserve to die a heroic death as a sympathetic character after that shit.
Wait! Is Spring_sakura111 talking about NoN's Rolo or LotR Rolo?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 06:32   Link #132
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Wait! Is Spring_sakura111 talking about NoN's Rolo or LotR Rolo?
Umm..Did Rolo appear in the manga? I suppose so. But I think we're talking about the...Anime Rolo? I'm not sure. xD
Old 2008-11-23, 06:40   Link #133
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Wait! There are a number of Code Geass manga: LotR, SotC, NoN and some other. From my knowledge, Rolo appears in LotR and NoN and cameo in SotC.

Let me clarify. You want the anime Rolo to die a terrible death? He is already dead in the anime. In LotR and NoN manga, he is still alive and kicking. In LotR which more or less follows the anime, he will die should I add 'for sure'? I don't hate Rolo. Rolo is a victim of circumstances.If Rolo is brought up in the correct way, I'm sure he will be a nice boy for us to dote on.

Old 2008-11-23, 06:43   Link #134
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Wait! There are a number of Code Geass manga: LotR, SotC, NoN and some other. From my knowledge, Rolo appears in LotR and NoN and cameo in SotC.

Let me clarify. You want the anime Rolo to die a terrible death? He is already dead in the anime. In LotR and NoN manga, he is still alive and kicking. In LotR which more or less follows the anime, he will die should I add 'for sure'? I don't hate Rolo. Rolo is a victim of circumstances.
Anou..Eto..I didn't say I want Rolo to be killed in such a manner. I actually like Rolo. I think you confused me with someone else, Pink-chan. xD

And thanks for saying he's in the manga. I was expecting him not to appear in NoN but I guess I was wrong~ Please..No spoilers. xD I can't read japanese. x_x. I'm pretty much behind the mangas.
Old 2008-11-23, 06:45   Link #135
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Anou..Eto..I didn't say I want Rolo to be killed in such a manner. I actually like Rolo. I think you confused me with someone else, Pink-chan. xD
Probably Just people somehow 'edited' your post for you. Rolo needs more hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
And thanks for saying he's in the manga. I was expecting him not to appear in NoN but I guess I was wrong~ Please..No spoilers. xD I can't read japanese. x_x. I'm pretty much behind the mangas.
Me too. I can't read Japanese . I just get too hyped up whenever Rolo is mentioned . NoN comes right up as a surprise.

Old 2008-11-24, 14:38   Link #136
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Lol @ Zero walking out casually. C.C. got hurt because of it. But seriously, The building is going to blow up and he WALKS out?! I know Lulu doesn't really care for his life, but still...

Eh? No matter, I still believe Rolo is going to die, but it is unlikely (Considering his death scene was filled with Knightmares) unless they have him die differently. I wonder if Shirley is going to die...

In NoN, if it's true about this Rolo being completely opposite (Best way I can say without spoiling) then I'm positive he will die.

Question. Does anyone know when Vol. 5 of NoN comes out?

Lol. For some reason, on the Chapters website, it doesn't have Vol. 1 of NoN on there, but it has Vol. 2
Old 2008-11-25, 01:14   Link #137
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Not sure if it's discussed as I haven't seen it yet but...

Spoiler for Cardinal's origin:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 05:32   Link #138
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post

Annnnnd let the soap opera begin right there.
Old 2008-11-25, 05:52   Link #139
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post

I couldn't resist reading the spoiler. But I think I'll bang my head on the wall to make me forget everything I read just now.
Old 2008-11-25, 06:25   Link #140
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Thought it was something like seperation. But how'd he know Nunnally if he was seperated when he was a baby? Unless he stalked her or something, there's no way he'd be attached to her, unless he doesn't want to save Nunnally.

What kind of "Mad skillz"? Geass?